Tips and tricks anyone?

Puck

For my own suggestion -

Carry a sketchbook *everywhere*. get one of the smaller ones if you need to, but just always keep drawing. There's always those 'several minute waits' that you run into during the day, the ones that make you impatient?

If you're taking advantage of those waits to draw, you'll often find they get done *too* quickly, and you're almost wishing it'd taken longer because you need more time to work on that pony!

That is a great suggestion actually, it's something I do quite alot if i'm going to be out and about, bring a small notebook or sketchpad and one or two of my favorite pens and pencils maybe other things like eraser or pencil sharpener if you lug a bag around or just have inhumanely large pockets like me.

The more you observe and draw the more you realize that to your opinion or ect that their design could use a personal twist, and you start to draw with your own look or are able to do that, AND copy their style well enough to do some decent fan-art. I've been drawing since Kindergarten and I started with various things I was interested in, "Video Game Characters" or "Cartoons" I liked, started improving, honestly the best advice I could give artistically is to draw what you like or want to improve on, it's not always something you can master overnight. You could improve greatly from practice in a short time but not everyone moves at the same pace. ^^

*This is coming from the guy who dropped out of an art class keep in mind. Just my two cents and some wisdom if I can call this meaty wall of text wisdom*

Other recommendations/art tips: Never start with pen if this is "on paper drawing" unless you know darn well what you're doing or it's just a doodle, I usually draw in pencil and overlap with pen after i finish the general outline. Looks beautiful if you do it just right.

Also, observation of various art styles is something to take into consideration, see what you're good at and bad at, see if you can improve on what you're bad at or work with what you're best at.

*Sorry if this doesn't help much or doesn't make sense, felt like helping and that's not my forte* :3