Warm up, Shadowbolts #1

Scythe

[colour=#0000cd]"Maybe we should have waited for the next summer to get active again?"[/colour], Nocturna asked herself as she flew into direction of the Everfree Forest. Surprisingly it didn't bother her in the slightest that the training field of her team was inside this feared and dangerous place compared to the fact that it was winter and cold. Flying is something she enjoys so much, even when the icey wind makes it rather uncomfortable.

Reaching the field it appeared to her that she probably was the first one here, at least she couldn't see any other pony anywhere. The mare looked into the sky, searching it for her teammates but only saw the stars and wondered if she should be glad about the wonderful view that a clear night gave or rather see it as unfortunate, as a clear night also means it's colder than in a cloudy one.

[colour=#0000ff]"Well I guess I can examine the field until they show up."[/colour], she thought and looked back down, analyzing the surroundings while slowly spinning.

The field was quite long but not very broad. A long track for the pegasi to land was the biggest portion of it. On the sides were various devices to train skills that are important for the Shadowbolts. For example a smaller self-made version of the "Dizzitron" like the Wonderbolts have at their academy or padded poles which can be lowered and risen to practice crashes and evading them.

While looking at their equipment Nocturna felt good. It wasn't expensive equipment and it was easily visible that the entire flying field was more low-budget than anything else, but at least they had an own training field. Other flight groups had to rent them or train at other locations.

[colour=#0000ff]"Once the bits start coming in more frequently I am sure we can buy a field that rivals those of the Wonderbolts easily"[/colour], she thought and had a smile on her face.