When worlds collide: A one shot between Val and DewDrop.

ShadowStorm88

He was falling...

A teenaged boy, gently flew through what appeared to be a stream of lights and colors. Confusion came upon his face, as questions raced trhough his mind like a storm. Where was he? Why was he falling? What were these lights? Feeling the wind race through his hair, he closed his emerald eyes in fear, hopign that if he opened them again, he would be in his bed safe and sound.

Their are many worlds out within the universe. Worlds that one would never believe had exiscted even when seen with your own eyes. When Jake Scott had viisted the island of dinosaus, excisting on his planet had that very time eight months ago, he slowly began to wonder, but also doubt. Did other worlds such as Dinotopia exiscted? He had seen, and spoken to..talking dinosaurs whilst trying to help the humans of that island remain in peace with the carnivores. Whilst doing so, he couldnt hlp but think that if such things as this were real, perhaps in another world, another life...such things that the human mind would say its an impossiblity, be possible. But if they were real, would he ever find such a place? I mean..things like...magic. Science claimed that magic was nothing more then superstitious nonsense and were no more then cheap tricks to fool the mind. Whilst apart of Jake agreed with this notion, another part was doubtful. Perhaps even...apprehensive? What if it was a lie?

As he appraoched the bottom, Jake gasped at the pool of light below and a rising...horse?? What in the?? Blinking in shock as somethign galloped towards him at high speed, he closed eyes once more...and it was over..

He was back in his room, awakened from his dreams. Blinking as he looked around, he held his head as he wipped the sweat from his brow. "Weird dream" he grumbled.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She sighed deeply, her hoof still hovering above the cutoff switch. 'should i keep trying? I'm just so close! I can't give up yet!' thinking to herself only made it feel more frustrating. She gazed through her MH screen, the strange creature she had discovered to be called 'human' slept in peace. Turning away from the screen she noticed something she hadn't before, a leak of some viscus fluid. Reaching down, scooping it up in her hooves it seemed to be coolant. Gasping in surprise she rushed back to the terminal "That's why it isn't working! it's overheating!" yelling out loud she sprinted over to the broken panel and began weaving the ruptured pipe back into functionality. After what might have been a few hours she backed out of the cramped service panel. Wiping the sweat off her brow she walked with a tired pace back to her bedroom. Just as she reached the edge of her queen size heart shaped bed she slumped onto it exhausted from the days work. Pulling herself up to her soft feathery pillow her eyes grew weary as she slowly drifted off into sleep, her world becoming one of confidence and warmth. She would pull him out of his would yet!

"I just dont get it Karl. I mean, Id call it just a dream but..it seemed more then that" Jake admitted, as he sat next to his ninteen year old half brother, Karl. Looking up at the surfer, Jake explained "I mean, before we went to the islands, we had dreams rememebr. Premonitions of things to..umm..come". Strecthing his back, Jake asked "What if this is the same thing? I was about to be attacked by a flying horse of some sort whilst falling towards a pool of colors and then I awoke".

Karl raised a brow, as he explained "Jake, Im sure it was nothing more then a wierd dream. First of all, for it to invovle things like flying horses or pfft, I really doubt su..". He started when he was interupte by Jake.

Jake snaped "Of course it wasnt real!! What do I look stupid". Getting up, he said "Its common knowledge that things like unicorns and pegasus are myths!!! Folklore!! Fairytale crud". Making a face at such statments, he siad "Why did i even tell you about this"? Sulking away from Karl, Jake thought "I think I'll head into the forest, to do some drawing".

A bright flash of light and brilliant sparks ended with a quiet clap of sound as Dew drop teleported into her home. a basket of various food hovered next to her as she lifted it onto a table with her magic. She yawned, tired from the days shopping for food from staying kooked up in her house for a week had drained her food supplies. Walking down the hall back to her lab she flipped on the light switch, her lab a large room with a central circular platform in the middle of the room, equipment and tv screens lining the far left corner. A massive slowly rotating energy stabilizer hung from the ceiling. it looked very similar to those crazy 'lazor cannons' from sci-fi movies.

She sat down on her stool next to the largest screen in the room, taking a bite of one of her donuts she had bought, the warm creamy circle of bread warmed up her body in the chilly room. Turning the the screen she almost spat out her donut in surprise, her subject was finally alone! and in a location she could take advantage of. 'what luck!' she thought. She leapt down from the stool and imediatly started to flip on activation switches. 'okay...first the stabilizer, the the flux compensator to keep the stabilizer stable..." she went on explaining to herself each switch as she flipped them, he hoof hovering above the last switch, the power switch, all she would have to do was pull it down and she would finally get to meet him. She bit her lip, staring down at her hoof, only touching the lever. It's now or never she thought.

She flipped the switch.

Out in the forest, Jake sat down against a large oak tree as he gently drew what appeared to be a Deer family that he had seen a few days ago. His memory allowed him to picture evey moment perfectly so that way if he ever forgot, he could just reach inside his head and draw what he rememebrd. Smiling softly, he blinked as he felt something on his shoulder. Looking to hsi right, he gently reached up and scrathced the neck of a small raccoon. Chuckling as he watched it burry its head into the hand, he waved as it hopped off his shoulder and went off. As he turned to go to the next page, the wind started to blow fast. "Thats funny" Jake thought as he looked up..only to widden his eyes in shock. A powerful suction of green light and wind appeared in front of him, blowing like mad as it attempthed to suck Jake into it. "What the heck" Jake shouted as he grabbed onto the oak's trunk in an attmepth to keep himself firmly atached. As if sensing his struggle, the wind's power increased as it pulled further. "Aggg, Nu..nu....NOOOOOOOOOOO" Jake screamed as he was now off his feet, and gripping the trunk with both hands, as his body was being pulled towards the light. "For god's sake!! How do ya stop this thing?!!? AAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" He screamed as he was ripped frmo the branch and towards the light. Flying trhough a stream of colors screaming as he spun trhough the air, he slammed out of the light and into a wall. "OOF" he shouted in pain as he collapsed onto his back. "Ooowww.." he moaned.

lifting a hoof to remove her ballistics goggles, she watched as jake sailed across the room and smack into the nearest wall with a loud thud.as she walked slowly over to him her horn glowed nervously as she approached the human. looking down at his crippled form she realized he had been struck unconscious. Lifting his odd form onto a table as she strapped him down on it to observe him. eying him suspiciously as she scanned his eye's with a retna scanner, his pulse was steady so he would live. writing down a few more observations she began rubbing her chin, boy he's going to be surprised when he wakes up. confident he wouldn't try to kill her while he wasn't awake she lifted him up with her magic and brought him to one of her guest rooms she had turned into something of a test/interrogation room. a single bed sat in the middle. a one way mirror set on the far wall so she could observe him. Laying him down on the bed she quickly retreated to the door and shut it behind her, setting all three locks on the steel reinforced door. exhaling, she walked confidently to the observation deck, awaiting the moment he awoke.

"Uggg..." Jake moaned, as his world slowly came back to him. His eyes ached as a light shinned down and blinded him. Putting a hand to his eyes to cover out the light, he moaned in pain as his muscles ached from being thrown across the room. Speaking of which, where was he. Slowly sitting up, he could see he was in a single room, with a bed, a drawer and a large mirror. Getting up, he moaned as he rubbed his aching muscles. It was then he realized that his hoodie was gone!! "Where'd it.." he muttered, looking around. Spotting the door, he stalked over to it as he placed his hands on the knob. It wouldnt turn. Blinkking, he tried to force it open but it refused to budge. Panic began to rise through him, as he started to pound on the door, shouting "Hey!!! Hey, lemme out"!!! Pounding on the door hoping someone would hear him, he said "Whoevers out thier, you cant keep me in here!! I have rights"!!! Backing up, he rammed the door with his shoulder as he hissed in pain. "Agg.." he moaned as he glanced at the mirror. Blinking, he thought "Somethings wierd about that..". Kicking the door, he shouted "Cmon!! Let me out"!!

she lay on the control board to the room napping from sleep deprivation, she almost fell out of her chair when the human started pounding on the door "gggaa!" she leapt up to the intercom mike "please dont hurt yourself trying to break a 2 foot thick door down, i'll explain everything" she flipped the switch that removed the one-way mirror from view, only a thick piece of glass sat between her and the crazed human. "i'm Dew drop, sorry for keeping you in there i was worried you would try to hurt me...or worse from taking you from your world". she felt a gnawing sensation in her gut, 'maybe it was a bad idea to keep him contained in there, he isnt that dangerous is he?' she thought. she put her mouth back up to the intercom "Do you want to come out?" she tried to put as much kindness into that phrase as she could.

Blinking as the mirror vanished, Jake's eyes widdened in terror as he could see a...pony speaking through an intercom? With a horn???? "WHAT ARE YOU" Jake shouted in horror backing up into the bed, banging his knee. Hissing in pain, he stared at the...unicorn in disblief. "Not real..th..this isnt real" Jake repeated to himsefl over and over again. Contiuning to hsake his head, he deined that this was happening as he said "Y..how can...". He was trying to understand why he was in a room, with a unicorn on the side of thick glass. Hearing her question, he nodded "I..Im clautraphobic, yeah I wanna be let out".

she noded to him as she flipped the switch and the mirror rotated back into place. Hopping down from the stool she made her way to the large steel door. 'okay, i can do this' she though, slowly unlocking each of the locks with her magic, she pulled hard and the door slowly bent against it's natural frame and oppened. she let gravity open it the rest of the way, she sat in her rump waiting to meet this 'jake'. a happy smile grew on her face.

Watching as the door opened to a slow halt, Jake peeked out and stared at the unicorn, who stared back with a smile on her face. Slowly approaching her, he stopped as he looked her up and down slowly. "A.." he tried speaking but stopped as he tried something. Reaching forward, he gently poked her side as he stepped back, shocked that it felt real!! "Are you...real" he asked curiosuly.

noded "yes,i'm real. welcome to Equestria!, well this is my home, but i live in the would called Equestria." in the back of her mind, 'jeez im pathetic, maybe he's hungrey? why hadn't i planned this out before hand'. she stopped staring at him and blinked "um would you like something to eat?"

Staring at her intently, he blinked as he slowly responded "Your joking...right"? Staring at her intentyly, he said "Your expecting me to just..just accept the fact that Im in another world that I know nothign of, taking to a creature that shouldnt even be real because where Im from their only fairytale stuff". Not getting a response from her right away, he sighed "Thi..this is...just abit much for me to take in at once".

shook her head "oh of course, sorry, is there anything you need right now? *scuffing the floor with a hoof* um sorry for locking you in there...i was worried you would try to hurt me or something." turning back to him staring into his eyes with her own large eyes.

Giving her an inclerdous look, he responded "Do I look like I could even hurt anyone here"? Putting a hand to his head, he siad "What'd I'd like is an explantion. What am I doing here exactly"? Explaiing,he responde "I was sitting in the woods, minind my own drawing when a light sucked me out of nowhere into a world filled with...their are more of you"?

noded again, happy to explain more about equestria to him "yes, an entire world inhabited by three races of ponys, unicorn, pegasus, and earth ponys. and i kinda um brought you here...sorry, i guess my curiosity got the better of me.." looking at the ground defensively

"Pegasus too...what weird place have I ended up in" Jake sighed, rumbling his temples to try and keep calm. Looking at the Unicorn, he said "I was brought here out of curiosity. So, what do you intend to do with me then"? Waving his arms around, he said "Do you intend to hit me with magic to see how durable my body is against it, or use me as some sort of means to keep yourself entraiend?? What"?

she stepped back clearly insulted "i would NEVER do such a thing! and i really just wanted to meet a human, you all looked so...interesting" trying to pick the right words to say what she was meaning, unfortunitly came out a little odd. standing up "i mean i could show you some things about my world and you could help me understand yours better." her natural curiosity kicking in again, shaking her head "but first i bet your starving, care to join me for..*looks at her watch* brunch?"

Staring at her eyes for any sign of lieing, Jake thought to himself "Either shes a very good liar, or shes being truthful". He had to admit he was curious on how she was able to bend reality..or dimensions and drag him into hers. Sighing, he said "I guess food would help. I apologize if I seemed rather...tense. This isnt the first time Ive been across things that shouldnt...exisct". He wasnt about to tell her about the island of dinosaurs however as he looked at her curiosuly. "You think Im intersting??? Im not the one who can use magic just be thinking about it" he responded, raising a brow.

chuckled to herself "magic is a regular thing where im from" nudging his legs with her head moving him in the direction of her room, they walked through the door, a large two story room with a large heart shaped bed sat on the far end, a medium sized table sat next to the door enough room on it from 3 ponys. she motioned from jake to sit on opposite end of the table as she slid onto the other end, she turned to the table and closed her eyes, her horned glowed a deep purple as she spawned two bowls of salad and turned to look at jake.

Blinking as he looked around, he thought "I guess they live in homes similar to how we live". Staring in confusion at the heart shapped bed, he casted a quick glance at the pony before realizing "Never asked her name". Sitting down at the opposite end of the table, he watched in awe as she used magic to produce salad to him. Staring at it in slight err...disgust, he thought "She offering food, eat it". Slowly eating, he siad "You never gave me your name. Mines....Jake Scott".

Smiled through a mouth full of salad "oh um hi jake, i'm Dew drop, but everypony just calls me Dew." looking down at how slowly he ate the salad "is there something wrong? i can get you something else if you dont like salad" determined to please her new friend, and hopefully get some answers from him.

cringed at the thought of eating another animal, blushing as she looked away "um not spying but i was observing you, i'll show you my lab another time" turning to her refrigerator "care for desert?" pulling out a box of donuts and laying it on the table in front of jake.

Grinning at the dounts, he reached forward as he bite into the sprinkled, tastly morsoles. Sitting back, he said "Well, your donuts dont seem that different from the ones on earth". Thinking of soemthing, he said "You had wanted to bring me here out of curiouity, that I get. But tell me this then". Looking at her, he asked "What did you plan to do next really"?