(Cloudsdale) Taking the Day Off (OPEN!)

SilverSwirl

Silverbolt lay on a cloud, basking in the warm rays of the sun. His cobalt coat glistening with sweat from his morning warm ups, he looked out at the bustling cloud city with a warm smile. "I'm glad that I took today off. It's nice to be able to lay in the sun and rest my wings.", he said to himself with a satisfied chuckle.

Laying there, he was entranced by all the Pegasi flying about. "I think it's time to go have a little fun now. It wouldn't do for me to take the day off and just sleep on a cloud all day. As wonderful as it would be, I need to explore Cloudsdale a little more.", he stated to no one but himself. Ruffling his mane with his hoof as he rose from the cloud and took off towards Cloudsdale proper, brown eyes filled with excitement behind his goggles.

Pumpkin Bright flew through the air without much confidence, knowing that in a few days he'd have to visit his family. It was always stressful seeing his parents, and it'd do his health no good to worry about it. For now, he wanted to relax and try to calm down his nerves.

He swung his head this way and that as leisurely as he could manage, taking in Cloudsdale with a sigh. It had been quite a time since he'd been here, and it saddened him a little that not much had changed. Deciding to rest his wings, as he'd been flying for quite a while without rest, he resigned to a nearby cloud, thanking Celestia for the ability to touch clouds as if they were earth.

[colour=#006400]"I guess I'm home."[/colour] Pumpkin said without much enthusiasm. He missed his little bakery already.

Silverbolt took in the sights of his home city, smiling broadly. It felt wonderful to be able to fly without worrying about storms, monsters and shipping deadlines. He looked in all directions, keeping an eye on all the Pegasi flying about so as not to collide with them and get hurt like he had done in the past. He lazily went through the town, passing cloud stands selling various produce and flowers. "Nothing has changed. That's great, considering how often I'm out on the roads/sky delivering things. I can still find my favorite snacks and foods!", he said aloud with a cheerful laugh.

As he went past a sandwich shop with a recently patched hole in it, he heard a voice devoid of enthusiasm state they were home. Turning his head, he saw the resting pegasus on a cloud. Gliding over, he offered the best smile he could and waved his hoof. "Hey there!", he called in greeting, noticing that this pony wasn't in very good spirits. Concerned, he placed a hoof on the pony, "I'm Silverbolt, what's got ya down?", he inquired, curious.

Pumpkin, having not expected anypony to have noticed him, was a little startled by the sudden voice and conversation that had suddenly started. With a bit of a tremor, he replied, [colour=#006400]"O-oh, uhm, nothing. Just came to visit family."[/colour] he said, trying his best smile. Which made him look like he was in pain. He wasn't very good at lying...

[colour=#006400]"Truth be told, Silverbolt, I'm a bit worried about seeing them. My family, I mean."[/colour] he said, this time not lying. He was surprised by how easily and calmly it slipped from his tongue, to a complete stranger, too! [colour=#006400]"I'm Pumpkin Bright, by the way."[/colour] he added last-minute, worried that he had been rude by not introducing himself before dumping his problems on a stranger.