Schoolcolt Days (Manehattan, Open)

Blueblood

"[colour=#996699]Now that, comrade, is what we call 'the spirit'! Ambition plus dedication, that is the key for excellence in the arena.[/colour]" Psmith smiled at Long Drive, offering a choice of snacks on a levitated tray. "[colour=#996699]Talent without practice amounts to the worth of an uneaten snack; it grows stale. Whatever we are given, it is no less than our solemn duty to cultivate.[/colour]" The unicorn looked up to see a rather large Earth Pony come towards the pavilion. "[colour=#996699]Hark! One such approaches. You could do no better than to follow this fine fellow's example in achieving sporting worth. All well on the pitch, comrade Batsman?[/colour]"

Might Batsman was breathing heavily, having made a long stand at the wicket. Psmith levitated him a bottle of Ginger Ale, which was gratefully received and drunk. "[colour=#0000cd]Phew! The bowling's not so tough, but the fielding's crack. I was caught out for 121; too bad you missed the century. Your leg alright?[/colour]" When Psmith nodded, the large colt set down the bottle and nodded towards Long Drive. "[colour=#0000cd]Who's the kid?[/colour]"

"[colour=#996699]Allow me,[/colour]" The unicorn began with stately gravity, "[colour=#996699]To introduce Comrade Long Drive, a fellow newcomer to this city, and the latest in the family golfing dynasty. Comrade Drive, this is Comrade Might Batsman, an eminent member of the St. Mareson's Cricket Team, a ruck of common sense among the fashionable flyweights, and as stout a batter as ever stepped foot upon the turf. One could do no better for company in this school.[/colour]"

"[colour=#0000cd]Oh, come off it.[/colour]" Might replied with slight embarrassment at the effusive praise, but without too much emphasis. They'd been friends long enough for him to have gotten used to Psmith's quirks. "[colour=#0000cd]So, where'd you pop in from? I come from Trottingham, myself.[/colour]"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long Drive was presented a tray of snacks while Psmith talked with his philosophical ideas. He did understand what he was saying this time, mentioning on how talents should be practiced and used to their advantage- but he was paying much more attention to helping himself to some chocolate biscuits. He bit into one, and sneakily took an extra three and hid it in his bag.

He paused when another pony arrived. The stallion apparently had the colour close to the colour of the biscuit he was recently eating. He seemed like a cricket player; his cutie mark, along with the cricket terms he used, proved so. Long Drive became uncertain if he should stay any longer; he was surrounded by ponies who were supposedly much older than him. The other pony, in which Psmith introduced him as Might Batsman, was the one who accidentally injured Psmith's leg. Despite the matter, they seemed like close friends, and most likely knew each other for quite some time.

Might asked him about Long Drive's original hometown. "[colour=#006400]I come from Hoofington,"[/colour] Long Drive replied in a slow but understandable manner. [colour=#006400]"That's...east of Manehattan. It's much less populated than here, even as a city. I, along with my parents, arrived here for more 'working opportunities'. I met with him-" [/colour]he pointed at Psmith- [colour=#006400]"when I followed him to the hospital."[/colour] Long Drive did feel quite embarrassed, admitting so much to the two.

(Do you have any plans for where you want to take this?)

Might looked inquiringly at Psmith at Long Drive's account of their meeting. "[colour=#996699]It is true, that such destinations are not usual for the sightseer in Manehattan, but what of that? Is it not the company that makes the place worth staying at? Even a waiting room is preferable to being lost and alone, and I rather enjoyed the spark he added to the conversation.[/colour]"

"[colour=#0000cd]Another pair of ears for you, eh?[/colour]" The cricketer looked sympathetically at the golfer. "[colour=#0000cd]He jaws a lot, but he's a good sort. Helped me ought of a couple of tight jams when I first arrived. Good colt to have with you in a crisis[/colour]."