Among Friends and Coffee (PM Derpyy to join)

Starbuster

"Sounds like one heck of a Gala." Light said with a chuckle.

"Now I wished I would've gone to that thing.". Light then realized that in reality even if he was invited to the Gala he most likely would not have gone. He just doesn't like Canterlot. "Well Pawn we've been in this coffee shop for quite some time now. Maybe we could go somewhere else?". Light really did want to do something. He was tired of sitting in this coffee shop but he was glad Pawn was there to keep him company.

"Besides, it's getting close to Hearts and Hooves day! Who are you taking to the dance?". Light didn't want Pawn to think that he was trying to ask him to the dance..or to be his special somepony. He was just making conversation. A kind of awkward conversation to just start up.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#808080]"I do not celebrate Hearts and Hooves day." [/colour]Pawn responded quickly, in his normal matter-of-fact tone. [colour=#808080]"I do not celebrate holidays in general. They're just another day for my family. So, I am not taking anypony to the dance. I may go for the purpose of the music though." [/colour]Pawn then took a casual sip from his coffee. [colour=#808080]"I suppose we could go somewhere else. You'll lead though, this is my first time wandering Ponyville." [/colour]Pawn stood up, waiting for Light to lead the way.

Light looked at Pawn with a sense of feeling the same.

"I have no special somepony either."

Light stood up with Pawn and said,"Well what would you like to see? There are many things to see here in Ponyville. Just tell me what you want to see and I will lead the way!"

Pawn spaced out for a few moments to try and answer Light's question. [colour=#808080]"I don't know much about Ponyville... I'm interested in a commoners everyday life though. Where would a commoner be on a day like this at a time like now? I would like to go there." [/colour]

Light though for a second and then said, "Well I guess I'm a commoner, and I was thinking about going and seeing what some of my friends were doing. Like Twilight and Rarity, even though I'm not that great of friends with Rarity. But we can go visit them if you'd like?"

[colour=#808080]"Commoners spend time socializing? That explains a lot." [/colour]He whispered condescendingly, this time on purpose. [colour=#808080]"I suppose I have time to visit them." [/colour]Pawn walked over to the door and held it for Light. [colour=#808080]"You'll have to lead."[/colour]

"Well yes, we "commoners" are just normal ponies. Everyone socializes." Where did you say you came from again?"

Light then walked out the door and waited for Pawn to join him. He thanked him for holding the door.

"Well who should we visit first? Twilight knows a lot about well..everything..Rarity is probably..busy..and um..I have no idea where Pinkie Pie is..but Applejack is...oh..wait.."

Light then sat and thought for a bit and then looked at Pawn and said, "You know I could just show you my house and then you could show me yours if you wanted? Then maybe al the other ponies won't be working and we can visit them."

[colour=#808080]"I'm from Canterlot." [/colour]Pawn responded, as if it was obvious. Light then offered to show Pawn his house, and asked if he could see Pawn's house. [colour=#808080]"Sounds good." [/colour]Was Pawn's only response. Something about the name 'Rarity' was familiar to Pawn, but he couldn't quite put his hoof on it. He shook it off, just believing she is just some commoner. Pawn followed Light to his house, paying no attention to the ponies that waved at him, nor speaking with Light. It was mostly silence until they reached Light's house. At least, Pawn assumed it was his house, since they stopped in front of it.

Light was a little confused about the silent walk to his house. When they stopped in front of his house he pointed his hoof at his house and said, "Well, this is my house. It's not big but I like it.".

Light then looked over Pawns head and saw Rarity's shop he pointed at it and said, "And that over there is Rarity's house and place of work. I never go there myself.

He then saw the library and pointed at it. "And that is Twilight's house and it also the library! I've been in there a few times to look for books on music.

He then looked off into the distance and saw Sweet Apple Acres.

He pointed at it and said, "And that huge chunk of land is Sweet Apple Acres. It's where Applejack and the Apple family live and work. Their apples are delicious!" Light smiled at Pawn and hoped he wasn't just blowing off what he was saying.

Pawn was blowing off what he was saying (trollface). Something about a bunch of different places. A library? That could be useful. An apple farm? He might buy one. He didn't care to find out what Rarity's work was. Light also said something about his house not being big. [colour=#808080]"Much bigger than I expected." [/colour]Pawn told him. Pawn expected a run down old shack, or an abandoned carriage. [colour=#808080]Perhaps commoners aren't THAT poor. [/colour]Pawn stared at it for a few more moments before giving it his final judgement. [colour=#808080]​"The architecture is boring and there is too much colour. But, it is perfect, and therefor, I like it." [/colour]Pawn then smiled at the house. [colour=#808080]"Shall we head inside?"[/colour]

Light looked at Pawn and said, "Well thank you. Sure let's go in."

Light opened the door and walked in. He held the door for Pawn and waited for him to walk in. He moved his hoof in an arch around his living quarters and said, "Home sweet home! Feel free to look around.".

Light walked over and started organizing and putting away his music papers.

Pawn entered the house with Light. It was a normal looking house, at least for most ponies. Pawn found it to be rather disorganized. [colour=#808080]Commoners have an odd sense of perfection... [/colour]Light began picking up randomly placed music papers. Pawn picked one up, and recognized the name. [colour=#808080]"Ponybel's Canon in G for cello? This has always been one of my favourites..." [/colour]The string quartet began echoing through his mind as he nostalgically remembered the earliest piece of music he remembered. His eyes were closed, and he was humming it very softly without noticing, and was very clearly spacing out.

Light smiled at the pony and walked over and took the sheet of music.

"I heard Octavia play this once. She didn't know that I was listening in on her playing. But she found out when I went home and tried to play it. Because I usually leave my windows open in my house."

Light got nervous because he thought Pawn would think he was a bad musician." I usually practice later in the day."

Light then put the music down on a table and thought to himself, 'When this pony leaves I'm playing this.'

He looked back at Pawn and said, "Well this is about it. Any questions?". He smiled at Pawn with an awkward smile.

Pawn snapped back to reality when Light took the sheet music back from him. He asked if there were any questions. Pawn thought for a moment, but couldn't think of anything. [colour=#808080]"No." [/colour]Pawn responded. A thought of having Light play the song for him didn't come to him. He only really listened to music when he studied, or if it was in his schedule. Pawn gave Light his normal bored stare as he waited for him to say something or do something.

Light put the last sheet of music away and looked at Pawn's bored face.

"Well how about you show me where you are living now?"

Light started slowly trotting towards the door and opened it.

Light started to think to himself about how he hadn't seen Twilight in a while. He might pay her a visit.

[colour=#808080]"Yes, let's go then." [/colour]Pawn responded to Light, who asked to see Pawn's house. Light held the door open to him. Pawn said a quick 'thank you' and walked through. The walk to Pawn's house was slightly longer than to Light's house, and just about as silent. Eventually, they made it to a house much larger than most houses in Ponyville. Not to say it was a mansion, but for a Ponyvillian, it sure looked like one. Other than its size, it was a typical Ponyvillian house, just more monochromatic. [colour=#808080]"It's rather small. Sorry to disappoint you." [/colour]Pawn told Light. He wasn't being modest; it as his honest opinion that it was a small house. He didn't complain about it, but he grew up in a stereotypical mansion, dwarfing the house that he grew up in. [colour=#808080]"We rented it for the week. Since I almost never come here, it seemed useless to buy a Summer home here."[/colour]

Light smiled as Pawn said thank you and walked over to his house. Light was not really surprised to see the size of the house that Pawn lived in. He had a feeling that this pony was better off than him.

Then again Light didn't care. He was happy with his house and what he does. "[colour=#000080]This is a really nice house you have here!" [/colour]Light said as he looked around Pawn's house. He realized just how big it was and wanted to explore all the rooms. But he didn't want to find something he wasn't supposed to find.

"[colour=#000080]But I suppose you aristocrats need big houses right?"[/colour] Light smiled at his own joke and chuckled a bit. He then looked over on Pawn's walls to see if he had any painting he recognized. He did not. So he then looked to see if he had any instruments. He had none, or not that Light knew of.

Light then looked back at Pawn and said, "[colour=#000080]Summertime in Ponyville is great though!"[/colour]

((WE need more roleplayers in this thread. Do you have anyone who would like to join?))

(I forgot their account names, but there's Angel Snap and Flashbomb from my Hearts and Hooves day RP, I think they would do well.)

Light made a joke about the size of Pawn's house. [colour=#808080]"Honestly, I could live with a smaller house. My parents and brother are the claustrophobic ones." [/colour]He snarled. [colour=#808080]"I suppose I'll show you my room." [/colour]Pawn walked ahead, and made a sudden right turn as he opened the fancily carved door. Inside, the room was much smaller on the inside. It was cramped with shelves, topped high with books. His own personal library. There was also a desk with many books stacked on it, one opened. If one read it, they'd realize he was reading through his university textbook. By the door, there was a violin, clearly played often, though not by Pawn himself. [colour=#808080]"It isn't much." [/colour]Pawn began. [colour=#808080]"But it's home."[/colour]

Light smiled at the joke and didn't say anything. He simply followed Pawn into his library.

Light started to look at all the books he picked up a few and flipped threw some of the pages. They bored him so he put them down. His eyes lit up when he saw the violin and he dashed over to it. He didn't pick it up but he admired it.

"If you don't play it then who does?"

Light started looking all over the violin. It was a nice violin.

(I'm actually in that hearts and hooves RP, I just never know where to post..)

Light asked Pawn who played the violin. [colour=#808080]"We hired a musician who plays while I study. I always find it easier to work listening to music. Especially violins." [/colour]The music began playing in his head again, as he spaced out for a moment, before returning to reality. [colour=#808080]"My brother also plays it sometimes, though he's VERY bad at it." [/colour]Oddly for Pawn, this made him smirk, and gave him a small giggle. If it were anypony other than his older brother, it would bug him endlessly.

Light looked over at Pawn as he told him who played the violin.

'He better not have hired Octavia. She wouldn't play just for one person would she?'

"Uh..um who was the person who played the violin?"

Light took his eyes off the violin and started looking around the room again.

"Maybe I could teach your brother a thing or two about music?" Light laughed at this because he did not see himself as a teacher at all

Pawn put a hoof to his chin as he tried to remember his violinists name. [colour=#808080]"I don't remember his name." [/colour]Pawn gave up. [colour=#808080]"It sounded Germane though." [/colour]Pawn laughed at the idea of Light teaching Knight. [colour=#808080]"You would have your hooves quite full with him." [/colour]Pawn tried to imagine how that would turn out, which made him laugh louder. He stopped though, as he felt ready to leave. [colour=#808080]"That's about it. Where should we go next?"[/colour]

Light stopped and thought.

"Well we could go visit one of my friends? Like Twilight or Rarity or something. Or just go look at shops. Or look around town."

Light started to think harder about what they should do.

"Then again, you are the guest here in Ponyville, anything you want to know or do?"

[colour=#808080]"There is still nothing about Ponyville that I know about." [/colour]Pawn told Light. [colour=#808080]"This 'Rarity' sounds familiar. I'm curious to know who she is."[/colour]

Light smiled a faint smile and then said, "Rarity...oh Rarity. One of the cleanest ponies in all of Ponyvi...wait no Equestria. She designs and makes clothes and accessories in het store. We can go there if you'd like."

Light then walked towards the door to the room and then stopped because he forgot where the door was.

"I've changed my mind, come on, we're going to see Rarity. I feel like you guys will get along just fine!" Light smiled at Pawn