Among Friends and Coffee (PM Derpyy to join)

Starbuster

Pawn had a good first impression of her. The name seemed to be getting more familiarity as he heard it. Makes dresses? He always loved an artist. Cleanest pony in Equestria? Cleanliness is always important to an aristocrat. Pawn held the door for Light as they left. [colour=#800080]"How famous is this Rarity?" [/colour]Pawn was suspecting that he might have heard of her through one of the many magazines featuring popoular dressmakers. If she was good enough, it would make perfect sense for her to be on it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Light began to think. He smiled and then said, "Oh she's not that famous...she just designed the dress that Princess Candance wore during her wedding.."

Light looked away from Pawn and smiled.

"She's in good up at Canterlot. Good friends with Fancy Pants. She attends parties up there all the time."

Light looked outside and looked around.

"Her house/shop is this way. Come on." Light said as he waited for Pawn.

[colour=#808080]"Princess Cadence's dress?!" [/colour]Light told Pawn about her most famous work, as well as other things about her. He didn't care about the 'Fancy Pants' or the 'parties she attends' though. Everypony in Canterlot went to the wedding though, and he LOVED her dress. [colour=#808080]"Lead the way!" [/colour]Pawn told Light, as he was now very excited to meet Rarity and see her many other works.

Light smiled and then trotted down the way towards Rarity's.

When they got near her shop Light stopped and pointed his hoof at it and said, "Well, there it is!"

He smiled and then let Pawn look at what her store looked like. He walked closer to the store and went to knock the door.

(I'll RP her. It's always fun RPing Rarity.)

Pawn looked carefully at the Carousel Boutique, taking in all of the details of the building. The whites and the purples, all made it look very feminine and inviting. If Pawn were more interested in things like that, he would have stopped by earlier. Light knocked on the door. A voice as feminine as the boutique cried out to them. [colour=#800080]"It's open!" [/colour]Light opened the door. Inside, were many dresses and clothing, and in the middle of it all, seemingly crafting more, was a white unicorn, with a curly purple mane and blue eyes accentuated with the perfect amount of eyeliner. The pony looked up. [colour=#800080]"Why hello Light! Who's your friend?" [/colour]The unicorn asked. Pawn decided to let Light answer. It was directed at him after all, and Pawn was distracted by all the colour that filled the room.

Light smiled at Rarity and took a bow to her.

"Hello Rarity! My friend here is Pawn. He is new to Ponyville and I wanted to show him your shop. I hope you're not busy right now."

Light looked around at all the fabrics and colours and clothes in her store. It was very bright and colourful. Not a hint of gloominess at all.

"He is an aristocrat and I thought you and him would get along very well."

Light looked back at Rarity and smiled at her.

(I don't know how I missed that XD Sorry, I'll respond then)

Light introduced Rarity and Pawn. Rarity, as the more social pony, took the first move. [colour=#800080]"Hello Pawn!" [/colour]She offered him a hoof. Pawn accepted the hoof. [colour=#808080]"Hello." [/colour]Pawn responded with his high-class attitude, and gave her a quick shake. [colour=#800080]"You're an aristocrat? That must be interesting! Know any ponies I know?" [/colour]Rarity was interested in Pawn. He could easily be her ticket into getting in better with the nobles of Canterlot. [colour=#808080]"I doubt it." [/colour]Pawn responded, much to her chagrin. [colour=#808080]"I don't get out much. I usually spend my time inside studying." [/colour]Rarity began to believe Pawn was rather boring, and was losing interest in him. However, his eyes began to seemingly sparkle as he said the next thing. [colour=#808080]"Your dresses... They're absolutely perfect! Although a bit colourful for my taste, the fusions of everything put into it gives the exact perfect mood, as if made to match a ponies personality!" [/colour]Rarity was excited that a rich pony liked her dresses. She could easily get much money and fame if his family were to buy from them. [colour=#808080]"I will definitely be telling mother about you." [/colour]Rarity openly squealed as she imagined all the bits from making an aristocrats dress. [colour=#800080]"Oh darling, if your mother were to buy a dress, she would no doubt be the most beautiful mare in Canterlot. More so than Princess Celestia herself!" [/colour][colour=#808080]"I will be sure to give my mother those exact words." [/colour]Pawn then stepped out, leaving Light with Rarity. [colour=#800080]"Light, where did you find him? How did you convince him to come here? And thank you so so much!" [/colour]

Light smiled at the Pawn and Rarity as they were talking. He actually felt happy when he saw them talking. He had a feeling he introduced Pawn to the right pony.

But before Light knew it Pawn had stepped away and Rarity was apparently talking to him.

"Oh!...Uh well see the funny thing is I didn't find him. He found me. I was at a coffee shop with some friends when he appeared and then we started talking and became friends."

Light smiled at Rarity.

"He said he was here for a..Chess tournament? I believe, but honestly..I think he will begin to stay here."

Light smiled at big smile to Rarity and then looked around at all her things she was working on.

Then he asked her, "Say Rarity, question completely off subject, but have you seen Twilight, or Rainbow dash, or Applejack anywhere? I wad sure me and Pawn would have seen them walking over here."

Light then started looking around the shop for Pawn. He couldn't see him but then again he couldn't see a lot of things with all the clothes in the way. So Light just assumed Pawn was outside.

[colour=#800080]"A chess player? He struck me as a scholar... Who would have thought." [/colour]Rarity spoke to herself. [colour=#800080]"He doesn't seem like the type to go to a regular coffee shop either. Perhaps I misjudged him..." [/colour]Rarity looked back, but he was already waiting outside. [colour=#800080]"Sorry darling, I haven't seen them yet today. I do believe Twilight would be in the library on a day like today, and Rainbow Dash is probably sleeping in a tacky cloud."[/colour]

Light instantly got a feeling. He felt as if Rarity didn't like Pawn. He thought to himself, 'Great, I screwed this up for Pawn.'

He looked back at Rarity and then looked at the door. "[colour=#000080]Well he isn't just a chess player Rarity. I have been to his house and I must say he is quite the scholar. You should see all the books he has read.""He is just playing chess for enjoyment."[/colour]

Light smiled at Rarity and hoped he had changed her mind about Pawn in the least.

He then looked out the door again and saw him standing there. He had no idea if he was ever going to come back inside.

[colour=#000080]"Well I may go pay a visit to Twilight or Rainbow Dash later. Thanks for letting me know where they are!"[/colour]

Light mentioned Pawn being a scholar, and playing chess for fun. He was only making Pawn sound greater. He then said what she assumed was a goodbye, and thanked her for telling them where Twilight and Rainbow Dash was. [colour=#800080]"No problem darling. See you another time!" [/colour]Rarity called out to him as he left.

Light waved goodbye to her. But it was an awkward wave because he felt like she was wanting to get rid of him. But he just assumed she was busy. He walked out the door and found Pawn.

"Hey. Why'd you leave? I think Rarity wanted to talk to you some more. But she said goodbye to me so I'm not walking back in there. That'd be awkward."

He laughed at his voice and then looked at Pawn and then around Ponyville. He then looked up in the sky and looked for a cloud with a Rainbow near it. He was looking for Rainbow dash since Rarity said she was most likely sleeping on a cloud

Light came out of Rarity's boutique. He asked Pawn why he left. [colour=#808080]"I assumed I overstayed my welcome. I'm not good with reading the atmosphere." [/colour]Pawn responded to Light. Light didn't seem to notice, as he began staring up into the sky, looking around randomly. [colour=#808080]"It's a bit tough to stargaze during the morning." [/colour]Pawn looked up and noticed clouds randomly placed throughout Ponyville, despite the fact that it was suppose to be a clear day. [colour=#808080]"Especially with these chaotic clouds freely roaming! Where's the weather mare in charge?" [/colour]The clouds going against schedule clearly ticked off Pawn.

Light smiled at what Pawn said. He hoped he was joking. He looked back up in the sky and said, "[colour=#000080]Well the weather mare in charge is named Rainbow Dash and Rarity said that she was probably sleeping on a "tacky?" cloud." [/colour]He smiled at Pawn and began to think about Rainbow Dash. He realized that he had only had a few interactions with her before. But the times he met her he didn't want to leave. He actually liked her and since it was getting close to Hearts and Hooves day he was starting to get nervous. He wanted to ask her but he was certain she would say no. He knew she was a tough mare and loved flying and doing stunts to impress the Wonderbolts. He was sure that she would never give the smallest amount of affection to a dumb music loving pony like himself.

Then he snapped out of his thoughts on the mare and looked back into the sky.

[colour=#000080]"The weather is usually always on schedule though. I don't know what is going on."[/colour]

((oh yeah. I know I am in the actual Hearts and Hooves day RP that is going on but I just threw in the Rainbow Dash thing because it is getting close to Valentine's day. So it's different haha XD plus I wanted to start adding in some details and stuff))

(Cool. Who should RP Dashie?)

Pawn couldn't stand looking up at the sky any more. His neck was sore, and the clouds only proved to bug him. Light mentioned that the weather mare in charge was Rainbow Dash. Pawn had a very bad first impression of her. [colour=#808080]"How could a pony who can't even keep the sky clear be in charge?" [/colour]Pawn scoffed. Light seemed to be spacing out, but snapped back, saying that the weather was USUALLY on schedule. [colour=#808080]"'Usually' isn't enough. It must ALWAYS be on time!" [/colour]Pawn's OCD side began showing.

(Well I tried to get more RPers last night but it didn't work out..I suppose I could if you wanted to. But idk cause I was wanting something to happen on Hearts and Hooves day with my char and her if no one comes in a rps her permanently.)

Light put his head down because he neck was sore. He then looked over at Pawn.

"I know right! I want the weather to be on time and correct!" Light actually was very serious about the weather. He hated when the pegasi said there was going to be a storm the next day and it didn't happen. He wanted his weather to be correct. He sighed and looked at Pawn again. "Well, hopefully they will fix it. Or get it right for once.". He chuckled at bit.

(But it is up to you really. My char could never have to talk to RD. Or I could play her or if you wanted to you could. But I don't want to make you since you RPd Rarity.)

(I'm not good with RPing Dashie. I'd prefer if you did her. And not in that way XD)

It was about time Pawn found a pony who understood his need for having schedules on time. Just then, Pawn thought he saw something... Rainbow coloured on a cloud. He turned to Light. [colour=#808080]"Is that her?" [/colour]He pointed up to the cloud where he thought he saw the colours.

(I've never done it before but hey I'll give it a shot XD)

Light looked up at where Pawn had pointed. He knew that Rainbow Dash's mane and tail were rainbow coloured and he noticed what Pawn was pointing at. It was Rainbow Dash.

"[colour=#000080]Hey yeah that is her! We need to get her down here. Hang on, I'll try and get her attention."[/colour]

Light then looked up at the cloud and walked a little closer to it. He looked around the streets and saw barely any ponies. He then looked back at the cloud and yelled, "

[colour=#000080]Hey Rainbow Dash! Hey!" [/colour]Light looked back at Pawn and smiled, "[colour=#000080]Hopefully that woke her up."[/colour]

------Rainbow Dash-----

Rainbow Dash had been sleeping on the cloud for quite some time now. She awoke and shook her self awake. She yawned and then perked her ears when she heard something. [colour=#000080]Hey Rainbow Dash! Hey!" [/colour]Light shouted.

She looked over her cloud and saw to unicorn ponies down on the ground. She yawned again and then flew down to both of the ponies. She only recognized one pony and that was Light. She realized that she had never really ever talked to that pony before. She had no opinion of him. But she had no idea who the pony next to him was. But none the less she was a little ticked that Light had shouted

at her and woke her up.

[colour=#00FFFF]"Alright who do you think you are yelling at me like that? Hmm? Mister Light and Mister mystery pony." [/colour]She looked straight at Pawn and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Who's this pony anyway?"[/colour]

She gave both of the stallions a mean glare. But she was meaning to joke but she always wanted to hold up her image and seem as tough as she could.

Light yelled at the cloud, and a rainbow pegasus flew quickly up to them. She gave them a mean glare, and a quick speech about yelling at her. [colour=#808080]"My name is Pawn!" [/colour]He yelled back at her. [colour=#808080]"And with this atrocious work, you need to be yelled at as much as possible!" [/colour]Pawn couldn't believe the audacity that 'Rainbow Dash' had at yelling at them while sleeping on the job.

Light listened to Rainbow Dash yell at him and Pawn. Then he listened to Pawn yell at Rainbow Dash. He moved his hooves around the ground and then he looked back at Rainbow Dash.

[colour=#000080]"Well Hello there Rainbow Dash." [/colour]He smiled at her and hoped his smile would maybe loosen up the hostility going on right now.

[colour=#000080]"As you probably heard him scream, my friend's name is Pawn. He is visiting Ponyville and we were just wondering about the weather and I knew you were in charge of the weather and it seemed off...and..I'm rambling aren't I?" [/colour]He blushed a bit looked at Rainbow and then back at Pawn. He had no idea Pawn was so forceful. He knew he wasn't afraid to speak his mind but he didn't even know her and he already yelled at her. But then again he didn't care.

-----Rainbow Dash-----

Rainbow dash had her mouth open for a bit as this "Pawn" pony yelled at her. "[colour=#00ffff]Listen here mister "Pawn" I'm the fastest flyer in all of Equestrai! I don't normally yell but sometimes we ponies aren't perfect." [/colour]She then looked down and started thinking.."Do someponies really think my attitude is atrocious?"

She looked at Light and then back at Pawn. She had no idea who Pawn was but she instantly didn't like him. She looked over to Light and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Oh the weather?...Yeah it got out of control when somepony let Derpy handle the rain clouds. She pushed them to far and now it is raining in Canterlot. The weather will be back on track in a few hours though."[/colour]

She looked at Pawn and said sarcastically, "[colour=#00ffff]I hope that makes mister Pawn here happy."[/colour]