Among Friends and Coffee (PM Derpyy to join)

Starbuster

Rainbow Dash began yelling at Pawn. Pawn was frowning with anger at her. After her quick speech, she then told them that some pony named 'Derpy' had an accident with the rain clouds. [colour=#808080]"It's raining in Canterlot?!" [/colour]Pawn's voice had both anger and worry in it. [colour=#808080]The weather managers won't be happy having to deal with mother. [/colour]Pawn scoffed angrily. [colour=#808080]"This 'Derpy' really needs to pay attention! How do you push clouds all the way to CANTERLOT?!" [/colour]Pawn and Rainbow Dash now both glared at each other.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rainbow dash looked at Pawn and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Derpy can be rather...stupid..but she means well." [/colour]She looked at Light again and smiled. [colour=#00ffff] "I haven't seen you in a while Light. How have you been? If you want maybe later we could catch up?" [/colour]She glared at Pawn. "[colour=#00ffff]MAybe where some ponies aren't so testy." [/colour]

She smiled at Pawn and got that feeling that she had won. She looked back at Light and said, "[colour=#00ffff]I feel like I barely know you. Besides, Twilight and Applejack and Rarity all know you. So I feel like I should too" [/colour] She smiled at Light.

---Light----

Light listened to Rainbow Dash and Pawn talk about this Derpy pony. He had no idea who she was but she did sound very....derpy. He smiled at the image of what a derpy pony would look like.

He then heard Rainbow Dash ask if he wanted to catch up.

[colour=#000080]"Uh...uh..um yeah sure..I'd love to haha just tell me when and where. I feel like a barely know you also!" [/colour]He smiled at Rainbow dash.

(I feel awkward RPing with myself XD haha but it's ok!)

Pawn noted the interaction between Rainbow Dash and Light Harmony. He, of course, could never know the true feelings of either of them, but Light seemed slightly different then usually. More... Shy? He made many 'ums', which seemed abnormal for Light. [colour=#808080]"I'll just leave you two." [/colour]Pawn turned, when he saw the large tree building which was the library. Pawn walked to it, without telling Light, as he decided to find a good book. He knocked on the door, waiting for somepony to answer.

(I'll RP Twily, after your next post)

Light and RD

Light waved goodbye to Pawn and then turned his attention to Rainbow Dash.

She looked at him and smiled. She looked around and then said, [colour=#00ffff]"So what have you been up to lately?"[/colour]

Light looked at RD and smiled, "[colour=#0000ff]Well I have mostly been practicing my music and such. Just doing my regular things." [/colour]He smiled at her and then she smiled back at him.

"[colour=#00ffff]I wanted to ask if you played music because I assumed you did because of your cutie mark."[/colour] She smiled at him and he blushed a bit. He looked over at his cutie mark and then back at her. "[colour=#000080]Yeh but my cutie mark means nothing compared to the fastest flyer in all of Equestria!" [/colour]He chuckled a bit and then smiled again. He was so happy that she was actually talking to him. And she seemed to be interested in what he had to say or do.

Rainbow Dash looked back up at the clouds and then back to Light. She said, "[colour=#00ffff]Sorry about smarting off to your friend earlier. I just lost my temper." [/colour]She blushed slightly and then moved her hooves on the ground nervously. [colour=#000080]"Don't worry about it! I understand that someponies can lose their tempers when their job doesn't go right." [/colour]He smiled at her and then looked down on the ground. He looked over Rainbow's shoulder and looked to see if he could see Pawn. All he knew was that he walked off. He assumed that he went to the library or to Sugar Cube Corner maybe. He sighed a small sigh and then looked at Rainbow Dash. "[colour=#000080]So let's go somewhere. I don't just want to stand her. Anywhere you would like to go?"[/colour]

She looked at him and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Well I am kind of hungry actually. Wanna go get something to eat?"[/colour]

Light looked her in the eyes and said, "[colour=#000080]Yes I am quite hungry now that I think about it. Let's go get some food!" [/colour]He smiled at her and the two walked off to the nearest restaurant.

Twilight Sparkle was studying in her library, as somepony knocked on her door. She put the book down again. [colour=#4b0082]Somepony always interrupts. [/colour]She thought to herself. She opened the door. On the other side, was an unfamiliar, blandly coloured unicorn, with an equally bland expression on his face. Twilight didn't notice the many clouds outside. Twilight assumed the pony was new to Ponyville. [colour=#4b0082]"Hello. I'm Twilight Sparkle." [/colour]She offered the unicorn a hoof. He took it, though shook it slowly. Twilight was slightly nervous about him. Something about him seemed... Important. It reminded her of the Canterlotians back home. [colour=#808080]"I am Pawn." [/colour]The unicorn said, in a voice as boring as his face. [colour=#4b0082]Definitely a Canterlotian. [/colour][colour=#4b0082]"Welcome to Ponyville." [/colour]Pawn entered the library. [colour=#808080]"I assume this is public? I would like to study here." [/colour]The pony began looking through the books before Twilight could respond. Of course the answer was yes, but she found it rather rude that he wouldn't wait for her. He picked a random book, and just began reading it by the shelf. [colour=#4b0082]This is kind of awkward... [/colour]​Twilight was only beginning to know about Pawn's many idiosyncrasies.

Light and RD made it to the first restaurant they found. They both sat down and ordered some food. "[colour=#00ffff]I didn't plan on eating much."[/colour] Rainbow dash said with a smile. Light smiled at her and said, "[colour=#000080]Well if you want more you can get more. This meal is on me." [/colour]He pulled out a few bits and put them on the table. She smiled at him and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Well that is very kind of you. " [/colour]She then looked down on the table and looked back at Light. [colour=#00ffff]"So what have you been doing?" [/colour]She smiled at him. Light smiled back. "[colour=#000080]Well honestly nothing. I've been practicing my instruments and playing music. I have played a few gigs and made a good amount of bits haha. What have you been up to miss fastest flyer in all of Equestria?" [/colour]He chuckled a bit a what he called her. He hoped she would find it as funny as he did. Then their food came. They both started eating. "[colour=#00ffff]Well you know just being awesome and stuff" [/colour]She said with a smile. "[colour=#00ffff]Yeah I have been hearing some pony playing some instrument for a while now. I thought it was Octavia but I guess not." [/colour]She laughed a bit and then they both continued eating. Light's face blushed and his eyes lit up. "[colour=#0000ff]You have heard me play? Well Octavia sounds way better than me. By a long shot."[/colour]

[colour=#00FFFF]"Don't be so modest." "You sounded good to me."[/colour]

Light smiled a weak smile at her. He then finished his food and then Rainbow Dash finished hers. He looked over the streets of Ponyville and looked back at Rainbow Dash and said, " [colour=#000080]So what are Twilight and Applejack and all of them up to?" [/colour]Light put his bits on the table. "[colour=#00ffff]Well I know Applejack is harvesting apples today. And Pinkie Pie is planning some party for some young foal today because it is the kids birthday. Fluttershy is trying to find out how many new baby squirrels there are now..I know Rarity is probably making some new...dresses..and Twilight is probably in her Library like she always is." [/colour]

Light nodded at what she said.

[colour=#0000ff]Well let's go see one of them. But say Rainbow Dash..can I ask you something?"[/colour]

Rainbow Dash's eyes lit up and she got nervous. She had no idea what the question was going to be. She looked at Light nervously and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Um..sure Light, what's your question?"[/colour]

They both got up and started walking down the street. Light looked at her and said, "[colour=#000080]Well it is getting close to Hearts and Hooves day, do you..um..like..have a special somepony?"[/colour]

Rainbow Dash and Light stopped. She put her hoof to her mouth and started thinking. "

[colour=#00ffff]It is getting close to that day isn't it..come to think of it..no I don't have a special somepony yet. Do you?" [/colour]She couldn't believe Light was asking her this question. She assumed he would have asked Twilight this question.

Light back at her and had a small moment of relief in his mind when she said she had no special somepony. He looked at her and said, "[colour=#000080]Um..no I don't have one yet. I really figured you would have had one though." [/colour]He smiled at her and then saw Twilight's library. [colour=#000080]"LEt's go visit Twilight shall we?" [/colour]

Then they both started trotting towards Twilight's very slowly

Twilight was still very confused. Somepony just trotting into the library, with barely an introduction, and began reading. He didn't speak, nor make much sound, just sat by a shelf and read. Twilight didn't want to disturb him, it wasn't like he was doing something bad. It was just... Odd. She thought was got use to odd after becoming friends with Pinkie Pie, but surprises still seemed surprising to her. [colour=#4b0082]"Er... Are you going to check that out?" [/colour]Twilight asked to unicorn. [colour=#808080]"No. I have this book at home. But the library was much closer then my temporary Ponyville home." [/colour]Twilight was now certain he was some rich Canterlot pony. She then saw the book he was reading. Super advanced chess strategies for the best. His cutie mark was two pawns of different colours. Twilight remembered something. [colour=#4b0082]"Are you here for the chess tournament?" [/colour]Twilight asked.

[colour=#4b0082]"'Cause most of it is over. It's just the finals." [/colour]The pony put the book down and looked at her. [colour=#808080]"I'm in the finals." [/colour]Twilight couldn't believe it. A possible national chess champion casually walked into her library. She decided to try and get to know him better. [colour=#4b0082]"I was there on the first day, but I lost. I'm not very good at board games." [/colour]The pony now seemed interested in her. [colour=#808080]"Ah yes, chess is truly a game for those born with the skills needed to play it." [/colour]Twilight tried not to seem offended by it. [colour=#4b0082]"Er... Well, anyways, you must be VERY good then!" [/colour][colour=#808080]"I am perfect in every way." [/colour]This pony began annoying Twilight. [colour=#4b0082]"Right... Well, I'm sure I can help you! I'm a student of Princess Celestia and-" [/colour][colour=#808080]"You're a student of the princess?!" [/colour]Pawn yelled in sudden surprise. [colour=#4b0082]"Yeah, it's not that big a deal." [/colour]Twilight was being her normal, modest self. [colour=#808080]"Not that big a deal?! The princess is the epitome of perfection! Being her student... Tell me everything about you!" [/colour]Though Twilight was very weirded out by the odd aristocrat, she began telling him about her life, as of his insistence, and he listened carefully to everything.

Light and Rainbow Dash trotted to Twilight's. They were walking very slowly for a reason. Light and Rainbow were catching up and talking the whole way. When they got nearer Light stopped and then Rainbow Dash, confused, stopped as well. Light looked at Rainbow Dash and said, "[colour=#0000ff]Hey Rainbow...would you like to be my special somepony? I mean if that is like..um..cool and stuff.."[/colour]

Light blushed hard and became very nervous. "[colour=#0000ff]I mean like you don't have to..I was just wondering..and I.." [/colour][colour=#00ffff]"Um..yeah sure Light I'll be your special somepony." [/colour]Rainbow dash looked at Light and smiled a big smile. She couldn't believe that Light of all ponies would have asked her. But she was perfectly fine with it. She was beginning to feel something..but she wanted to remain cool and stay her usual self. She didn't want any ponies getting any ideas. She laughed a bit a Light and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Calm down Light..haha..you act like you thought I would have said no or something."[/colour]

Light stopped moving for a second. His heart was beating very hard. He had no idea what to say. So he just smiled a big smile at Rainbow Dash and before they knew it they were in front of Twilight's library

Light knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

[colour=#4b0082]"And then Pinkie Pie said 'Oatmeal?! Are you cra-" [/colour]There was suddenly a knock at the door. [colour=#4b0082]"I better get that." [/colour]Twilight stood, leaving the over excited unicorn b the shelf, as she opened the door. Rainbow Dash and Light Harmony were at the other side. [colour=#4b0082]"Hey Rainbow! Hey Light!" [/colour]She greeted them in a friendly matter. [colour=#4b0082]"What do you need?" [/colour]She didn't mention that Pawn was there, and motioned for them to enter.

Light and Rainbow Dash both said hello and they entered. "[colour=#000080]Well we were just wondering what was going on and wanted to pop in and say hello." [/colour][colour=#00ffff]"Yeah I told Light here that you would be in Library like you always are." [/colour]Rainbow smiled at Twilight and laughed at her. Light laughed with Rainbow Dash and he looked over Twilight's shoulder. He saw Pawn. " [colour=#000080]Hey Pawn! I see you have met Twilight."[/colour]

He smiled at Twilight and smiled at Pawn. Rainbow Dash looked over at Pawn and said nothing. She just quickly looked away from him and looked at all the books on the shelves.

Light mentioned that Pawn met Twilight. Pawn only just noticed they entered. [colour=#808080]"Oh yes, she is a MAGNIFICENT unicorn! Just as good as that Rarity!" [/colour]Pawn said enthusiastically. Pawn didn't notice that Rainbow Dash was ignoring him. Twilight, on the other hoof, noticed. [colour=#4b0082]"Hey Dash, I'm guessing you met Pawn?" [/colour]She asked her. [colour=#4b0082]"He's... Interesting, once you get to know him." [/colour]She then went up to Rainbow Dash's ear, and whispered into it. [colour=#4b0082]"A bit rude at first, if you ask me." [/colour]She then stepped back. [colour=#4b0082]"But he's... A bit nicer."[/colour]

Rainbow Dash smirked at Pawn and whispered into Twilight's ear. "[colour=#00ffff]Yeah a bit is a little generous."[/colour]

She then looked over at Pawn and said, "[colour=#00ffff]Oh yeah I've met him." [/colour] She glared at him and then back to Twilight.

Light was looking at all books in the library. He heard Pawn say Twilight was magnificent so he assumed they were getting along well. He was happy for him.

Twilight was now certain they had a bad first impression of each other. Both appeared to be ignoring the other. Twilight decided to fix this. [colour=#4b0082]"You know Pawn, Rainbow Dash saved the Wonderbolts, and Rarity's, life." [/colour]Twilight told him. Pawn perked his ears. [colour=#808080]"Saved Rarity? And the Wonderbolts?" [/colour]Pawn now seemed interested. [colour=#808080]"What else have you done, Miss. Dash?" [/colour]Twilight was happy that at least one of them seemed interested in the other.

Rainbow Dash perked her ears up and smiled a big smile. "[colour=#00ffff]Well I am the fastest flyer in all of Equestria. And yes, I did save Rarity's life once. I tried out and made it on the Wonderbolts but I choose not to stay with them. " [/colour]She looked at Light with bashful eyes, "[colour=#00ffff]I decided that I wanted to stay down here. Who knows who you will meet anyways." [/colour]Light noticed she was talking about him and he blushed a bit. He looked away from her and looked over at Pawn.

Rainbow Dash looked at Pawn and said, "[colour=#00ffff]I feel like we got off on to a wrong start. What's say we start over?"[/colour]

Rainbow Dash told Pawn about how she almost joined the Wonderbolts themselves! She then offered to start over. Pawn nodded. [colour=#808080]"That sounds like a good idea." [/colour]Pawn shook her hoof. [colour=#808080]"I am Pawn. I am an aristocrat from Canterlot, who is studying to become a tactician of the Equestrian Army, and in the mean time, chess champion of Equestria." [/colour]Pawn explained about himself. [colour=#4b0082]"A tactician?!" [/colour]Twilight suddenly butted in. [colour=#4b0082]"You didn't tell me that! You'd work with the princess herself, like me! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" [/colour]Twilight was very surprised by this. [colour=#808080]"You didn't ask."[/colour]Pawn responded calmly. Twilight just backed up.

Light smiled at Pawn and Twilight and Rainbow Dash. He already knew all this stuff about Pawn. He was just happy to see that Pawn and Rainbow Dash were getting along.

"[colour=#00ffff]Wow that's awesome! You're going to make the equestrian army at least 20% cooler!" [/colour]She smiled at Pawn and flapped her wings a bit. She had not stretched her wings in a bit and she wanted to stretch.

Rainbow Dash watched at Twilight and Pawn started talking and then Twilight backed up. She laughed a bit and so did Light. Light started humming a tune of a song he played before and realized how much he liked the song.

Pawn began liking Rainbow Dash. She praised him. Any pony that praised him was worthy of Pawn's acquaintanceship. He had basically forgotten the whole weather thing. Pawn then heard Light humming something that sounded familiar. [colour=#808080]"Are you humming [/colour](choosing a random song here)[colour=#808080] Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Timbergang Amaneighus Mozart?" [/colour]Pawn randomly asked him. Twilight naturally knew the song he mentioned, but Rainbow Dash looked slightly confused.

Light's eyes perked up and he grew surprised. "Why yes I was! It is one of my favorite pieces. I've played it a couple of times before but not as good as the original.". He looked down sad like. He was depressed a bit because he couldn't play it as good as the original. 'I bet Octavia could play it perfectly.' He thought to himself. He then stopped thinking and looked at Pawn, "How did you know?"

He then looked at Rainbow Dash and nudged her. He gave her a little look and whispered in her ear, "It's okay, I was confused too." He smiled at her. He didn't want her to feel dumb in any way.

Light asked how Pawn knew the song. [colour=#808080]"Another one of my favourite pieces as a colt. From before I even gained my cutie mark!" [/colour]Pawn stared proudly at his cutie mark. [colour=#808080]"Any pony with a sense in classical music loves, or at least has heard of, that piece." [/colour]He, for once, was able to notice how Rainbow Dash didn't seem to notice what he was talking about. [colour=#808080]"Eine Kleine Nachtmusik is a classical piece from many years ago. You should listen to it sometimes, it is the perfect piece." [/colour]The song began playing through his head, though then he remembered his absolute favourite, which replaced that one. [colour=#808080]"It is nothing in comparison to La Folia by Hoofeli."[/colour]

Light smiled at Pawn. It made him feel good that he knew the song. Light now had the urge to go home and play the piece just for fun. But he didn't. He then heard Pawn say something about La Foila by Hoofeli. Light had only heard of the piece before. He would have loved to have sheet music for the song but he had no idea where to get it.

[colour=#000080]"La Foila? I would do anything to learn to play that wondrous piece.." [/colour]Light then started to daydream. He was daydreaming about himself on a stage and all of Ponyville listening to him playing. He as was playing La Foila. And very well at that. He then snapped out of his daydream and looked back at the three ponies. He hoped he hadn't missed anything.

Light knew the piece too, and also seemed to like it. After he spaced out, Pawn tried snapping him back to reality. [colour=#808080]"I suppose we should get going." [/colour]Pawn said. [colour=#808080]"We don't want to impose on Miss. Sparkle here." [/colour]Pawn left the library. [colour=#4b0082]"You're not imposing!" [/colour]Twilight yelled after him. [colour=#808080]"It will be an imposition soon. I require sustenance." [/colour]Twilight wasn't sure how to respond to that. It would be better for the rich pony to go to a restaurant then eat Twilight food. [colour=#4b0082]"Well, bye then!"[/colour]

Light smiled at Pawn and looked over at Rainbow Dash. "[colour=#000080]Well me and Rainbow here have already eaten. But I guess we could tag along and just sit with you if you want."[/colour]

Then Rainbow Dash looked at Light and Pawn and said nervously, "[colour=#00ffff]Actually I can't..I have to..um..go..do the thing in the Cloudsdale. You know how it is..with us..pegasi."[/colour]

She didn't want to tell Light and Pawn where she was really going. She was actually going to go talk to Rarity, but she knew if she would have said that then Twilight would never let her hear the end of it.

She smiled at the ponies and then took off in the direction of Cloudsdale. She wanted them to think she was going to Cloudsdale.

Light looked confused and he said, "[colour=#000080]Well that was weird. But anyways where do you want to go Pawn?"[/colour]

Rainbow Dash had to go to Cloudsdale. [colour=#808080]Shame. She was beginning to make an interesting acquaintance. [/colour]Pawn shrugged off his disappointment as he yelled a goodbye to Rainbow Dash. [colour=#808080]"I feel the need for something sweet. Is there a bakery in this town?" [/colour]Pawn looked around while he waited for Light to respond.

Light awkwardly waved goodbye to Rainbow Dash. He had no idea why she left. But he figured she had something to do. Light looked back at Pawn and said, "[colour=#0000ff]Yes there is. It is called Sugar Cube Corner. It has the best sweets in all of Ponyville. It is run by the Cakes and Pinkie Pie. They really know how to bake! Let's go!"[/colour]

[colour=#808080]"Sounds delicious." [/colour]Pawn responded. [colour=#808080]"You lead the way." [/colour]Pawn followed Light to Sugarcube Corner. They entered, and were greeted by an nergetic, eccentric pink Earth Pony. [colour=#ee82ee]"HI THERE! I'm Pinkie Pie, and this is Sugarcube Corner! WELCOME TO PONYVILLE!" [/colour]She screamed at them, directed at Pawn. [colour=#dda0dd]"Hey Light! I just made cupcakes! They're the best! TRY 'EM TRY 'EM TRY 'EM TRY 'EM!" [/colour]Pawn backed away slowly from the crazed pony, leaving Light to deal with her.