The Story of the Alicorn Amulet

RainboomDash

Dawn thought for a moment. "[colour=#40e0d0]Please get me the hell out of Dodge." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said. She let go of Talonwing, and turned to Flashfire. "[/colour][colour=#40e0d0]Don't worry. I'm not a threat." [/colour][colour=#000000]She said, and backed away from Talonwing. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]---------------------------------------[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria was thrown into the stallion's quarters, [/colour]and she sat on the floor. She whimpered, and looked around. She hid behind her mane, and looked at the guards. She whimpered, and backed into a wall.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashfire kept running at Dawn, even as she released Talonwing. Flashfire could feel his magic hitting it's peak, but kept pushing at it to build up. Flashfire couldn't allow anyone to know the truth about him. [colour=#ff0000]"Talonwing! Grab her!" [/colour]

Talonwing leapt forward, and wrapped his large metal wings around Dawn. He grabbed his sword from her grip. [colour=#008000]"Are you ready?" [/colour]He whispered to her.

The flames around Flashfire concentrated themselves in front of him, creating a gigantic fireball. Talonwing's wings created a barrier around Dawn and Talonwing, obscuring them from anyone else. [colour=#ff0000]"Talonwing! I said grab her!" [/colour]Flashfire screamed. [colour=#ff0000]"What are you doing!?" [/colour]Flashfire dug his hooves into the ground, sliding to a stop. He kept adding power to his fireball, at the ready.

After a few moments of silence, Talonwing flew into the sky with great speed, catching Flashfire off guard. [colour=#ff0000]"After them!!" [/colour]He yelled to the guards, and they took off into the sky.

Talonwing held tightly to Dawn. He had to fly with his wings, so she was out in the open. Close behind him, the highly trained Canterlot guards were shouting at him to stop. [colour=#008000]"Hang on!" [/colour]He said to Dawn, quickly swerving to the left. [colour=#008000]Twelve guards. [/colour]Talonwing counted.

Talonwing lifted higher into the sky above a cloud, where the guards couldn't see him. When they appeared, he slashed at them, careful not to actually kill them. In seconds, he had knocked four of them out of the sky.

Flashfire stood on the ground, staring at the sky. The guards were dropping quickly. [colour=#ff0000]"Talonwing, what the hell are you doing?"[/colour] He asked himself. As the cloud cleared he saw Talonwing slashing at the guards, protecting dawn. [colour=#ff0000]"No!!" [/colour]Flashfire screamed into the sky. Out of anger, Flashfire launched his fireball into the sky, still screaming.

Talonwing saw the fireball coming. It looked like the sun itself was flying at them at an alarming rate. He looked down at Dawn. She must have understood the situation, judging by the look in her eye. Talonwing did the only thing that seemed plausible at the time. He stopped flapping his wings, and used them to protect Dawn. He shielded the two of them from the incoming fireball.

Talonwing heard the explosion. Better yet, he could feel the explosion. The fireball detonated in the center of all of them. Talonwing could hear the violent screams from the guards, cut short. The explosion propelled Talonwing away extremely fast. launching him across the sky.

Flashfire saw it. A black cloud shaped like a griffon flying through the sky. Talonwing's charred metal wings were still wrapped around himself. He was obviously still protecting Dawn. Flashfire stomped his hoof on the ground, and yelled. Talonwing flew off into the distance, out of Flashfire's view.

Flashfire turned around, and became face to face with Arton. [colour=#ff0000]"Captain of the guard. I want a search party out there as soon as possible." [/colour]Flashfire left before Arton could even answer, and headed off to his room.

When Dawn and Talonwing crashed on the ground after the explosion, she looked a Talonwing. [colour=#00ffff]"Thank you, but why are you protecting me?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She looked at him curiously. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]---------------------------[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria could somepony heading towards the room. She squeaked, and lay on the floor, hooves over her head.[/colour]

Talonwing sighed.[colour=#008000] "Don't know."[/colour] He actually had his reasons. He looked over at Dawn, and stared for a second. There was a hidden sadness in Talonwing's eyes, deep down. He sat up, brushing soot off of himself. [colour=#008000]"Besides." [/colour]He smiled beneath his helmet. [colour=#008000]"You had my own sword up to my neck." [/colour]Talonwing viewed his surroundings. [colour=#008000]"Where are we now?"[/colour]

[colour=#008000]---------------------------------------[/colour]

Flashfire stormed into his room, nose flaring. [colour=#ff0000]"Of all the..."[/colour] He stared out the window, searching for Talonwing. Perhaps we would come back. Flashfire sat on the wooden floorboards. He stared at the floor for a few minutes, contemplating the situation. [colour=#ff0000]"Mind control." [/colour]Flashfire smiled. [colour=#ff0000]"That's the only reason he would..." [/colour]Flashfire stopped, there was a pony cowering in the corner. The one that tried to kill Flare. Flashfire leaned forward, extending a hoof in her direction. [colour=#ff0000]"Come here." [/colour]He growled.

Lyria looked at Flashfire in fear, and then gently crawled over to him. [colour=#800080]"Y-Yes?"[/colour][colour=#000000] She stayed cowered on the floor, tail between her legs. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]________________________[/colour]

Dawn looked at Talonwing. She sensed a sadness that was deep within him. [colour=#00ffff]"We are..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She used her magic to pinpoint their location. [/colour][colour=#00ffff]"We are at Neighagra Falls." [/colour]She smiled, and pointed to the falls. They glistened in the sunlight, and the water reflected into her eyes, causing her eyes to sparkle a bit. She turned to Talonwing, and smiled at him. [colour=#40e0d0]"Have you been here before?"[/colour]

Talonwing stood to his feet, and shrugged off the rest of the soot. [colour=#008000]"I don't think I've been here. But then again, I've been to lots of places, and wouldn't remember." [/colour]​He moved to the side of the river, just close enough to catch the light rain from the waterfall. Talonwing dipped his arms into the water. The cool water was nice, considering he just escaped a fireball. He gazed to the sky. The devastation from Flashfire's fireball was even burning some of the clouds.

Talonwing turned to Dawn. [colour=#008000]"Come on. wash up." [/colour]Shade dropped over the two of them. Talonwing looked into the sky. [colour=#008000]"Sun's going down." [/colour]He laughed. [colour=#008000]"Pathetic fallacy, much?" [/colour]Talonwing reached for his helmet. Seeing the already pained look on Dawn's face, he dropped his hands to his sides again.

------------------------------------

Flashfire grinned. [colour=#ff0000]"Do you know how unreasonably violent you were just acting? You lit Canterlot on fire, then you tried to beat a mare's head in with a rock. That's hurtful."[/colour] Flashfire gestured for the two guards to leave. Once they left, Flashfire leaned closer to Lyria. [colour=#ff0000]"I like it."[/colour]

Lyria smiled at Flashfire. Her insanity was returning once more. [colour=#800080]"That's not even the best of what I can do." [/colour][colour=#000000]She grinned evilly, and looked at him. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]________________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dawn trotted over to the falls, and started to wash her fur and mane. She would glance over at Talonwing every once and a while, then return to cleaning the soot and dirt from her fur.[/colour]

Lyria stood to her full height, towering over Flashfire as he sat on the ground. Flashfire playfully raised his brow. [colour=#ff0000]"You realize that you're chained to the wall, right?" [/colour]He glanced down to the chains. They were holding strong. Flashfire returned his gaze up to Lyria's eyes. There was something... familiar about them. [colour=#ff0000]"Do you know me?" [/colour]He asked curiously.

---------------------------

Talonwing wasn't sure where to go from the falls. Technically, he was a hostage at the moment [colour=#008000]"So, where are we off to now? You came after me in Canterlot. You could have escaped. And if it was a grudge for last night, I'd be dead by now. What do you need from me?" T[/colour]alonwing stretched his arms, and yawned. [colour=#008000]"Also, I haven't slept in four days." [/colour]He glanced under the waterfall, where the water had formed a small cave over hundreds of years. [colour=#008000]"If I know Flashfire, and I do, he'll have search parties out for us very soon. C'mon" [/colour]He entered the small cave and laid back on a wall.

Dawn looked to Talonwing as she walked into the cave. [colour=#40e0d0]"You can go do whatever you want. I don't need anypony. I can find my own way now." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]___________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria looked at the chains on her. She then looked back to Flashfire. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I don't know... But you look.... familiar." [/colour][colour=#000000]She went over in her mind on how she could know this pony, but came up with nothing.[/colour]

Talonwing watched her carefully. [colour=#008000]"What about your friends? They're still in Canterlot, aren't they? If Flashfire finds them, he'll kill them. And what if i go back to Flashfire right now, and tell him where you are?" [/colour]Talonwing leaned forward, off the wall. [colour=#008000]"Face it. you need my help" [/colour]He leaned back again, crossing his arms behind him like a pillow. From under his helmet, he smiled.

------------------------

Flashfire stared up at Lyria for a minute. [colour=#ff0000]"Sit down, please." [/colour]Once she sat, Flashfire smiled kindly. [colour=#ff0000]"What were you doing in that jail cell? Not falsely accused like the others?" [/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Burnt down a village over jealousy, killing a few citizens in the process." [/colour][colour=#000000]She giggled, remembering. [/colour][colour=#800080]"Nothing major."[/colour][colour=#000000] She smiled.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]______________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dawn looked at Talonwing. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"I don't really have friends. The only pony I trust is my brother, and my mother..."[/colour]

Talonwing laughed. [colour=#008000]"Friends? no. I don't make friends easily." [/colour]He looked out of the cave, through the waterfall. [colour=#008000]"I was never allowed to..." [/colour]His voice trailed off, and he shifted his gaze back to Dawn. [colour=#008000]"I'll tell you the truth here."[/colour] Talonwing leaned forward again. [colour=#008000]"Don't get me wrong. I am very close to Flashfire. Sure, he doesn't appreciate me, but I respect him. I'd follow him anywhere. But now? With this whole amulet situation? It's getting extremely out of hand." [/colour]His eyes stared into Dawn's [colour=#008000]"I'd stop him myself, but I can't. Last night, you stood up to him. That was impressive. Almost nobody stands up to him like that." [/colour]Talonwing gulped. "[colour=#008000]To tell you the truth, i need your help. We have to stop him."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]-------------------[/colour]

Flashfire smiled. [colour=#ff0000]"Burned a village... I can relate to that." [/colour]He stood up, and moved to the window. [colour=#ff0000]"I have a job for you, if you want one." [/colour]Flashfire said rhetorically.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Agreed. We need to stop him. I understand my amulet is very dangerous, but it's only because my mother's blood turns me into Nightmare Moon. Nopony else would have to deal with that, but it would make them extremely powerful. I stood up to him, because I knew I was the only one who would." [/colour][colour=#000000]Dawn looked down. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Does he have any weaknesses?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]_______________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lyria looked at Flashfire. She was attracted to him, so she grinned. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I'll take the job." [/colour]

(Here. I'll add my third character for you. :3 )

Wolfie looked around, and noticed a pony in the jail cell area. She morphed into a wolf, and stepped towards the pony. [colour=#000080]"Who are you?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She barked.[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"Do you remember last night? When I gave Flashfire that potion?" [/colour]Talonwing asked. [colour=#008000]"It keeps him... together. He's suffered through enough pain to be killed dozens of times. But that potion is one of his few weaknesses. The potion cancels the damage, or rather postpones it. As long as he drinks it, he can't really be killed. If we stop him from getting any potion, he'll be weak enough for me to stop him."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]----------------------------[/colour]

Flashfire turned away from the window. [colour=#ff0000]"As long as I'm considered a friendly to Canterlot, I can't kill anyone. It isn't considered morally right. But you can, considering you already have a record for it."[/colour]

Lyria nodded. [colour=#800080]"Do you want me to burn down Canterlot?" [/colour]

[colour=#000000]__________________[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dawn thought it off in her head. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Where does he get the potion from?"[/colour]

Flashfire chuckled at the comment. [colour=#ff0000]"No, no. Nothing like that yet. I hadn't had anything in particular for you to do, but would you consider an errand?"[/colour]

------------------------

Talonwing gave Dawn a note with a large list of plants. [colour=#008000]"Just from some plants around Equestria. I know for a fact that he doesn't have any more, so either he'll get some himself, which I doubt, or someone else will get them for him. I say we wait him out, and hit him hard when he least expects it. I also had another idea..."[/colour]

Dawn thought hard, and a pile of plants appeared. [colour=#40e0d0]"Here is all the plants on the list that are anywhere in Equestria. And beyond." [/colour]

[colour=#000000]____________________[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Of Course." [/colour][colour=#000000]Lyria looked at Flashfire.[/colour]

Talonwing's jaw would have dropped if his helmet didn't catch it. [colour=#008000]"That was... easy." [/colour]He shrugged. [colour=#008000]"Well, for the second part of my plan. We have to go very far from here." [/colour]He settled down to sleep. [colour=#008000]"That sound good to you?"[/colour]

----------------------------

Flashfire moved to Lyria. [colour=#ff0000]"Someone escaped the prison today, and brainwashed my friend. Her name was Dawn. She escaped with him. I want you to track them down. I want both of them back here alive. Understand?"[/colour]

Dawn yawned. [colour=#40e0d0]"Perfect." [/colour][colour=#000000]She magically put a bed under Talonwing, and made one fore herself. She fell asleep quickly, warm under the blankets. [/colour]

[colour=#000000]_______________________[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Sir yes Sir!" [/colour][colour=#000000]She saluted. She stood proud and tall, ready to go. [/colour]She tugged on the chains. [colour=#800080]"Can I be released?"[/colour]

Flashfire smiled down at Lyria, deep in thought . [colour=#ff0000]"Uhh... no."[/colour] He moved tot he door. [colour=#ff0000]"I have some things of my own to do. Don't you go anywhere, you!" [/colour]He gave her a wink, and left.