The Story of the Alicorn Amulet

RainboomDash

[colour=#000080]"Yet another knows nothing of the artifacts..." [/colour][colour=#000000]Said a voice from Time Spinner that was not his own. [/colour][colour=#000080]"The artifacts were powerful objects made by the clarions. Clarions were genius Unicorns who excelled at one type of magic but were powerless at the others. They each made an object that held their power. Those objects became know as the artifacts. They gave the power incredible power to that one magic. The types of magic were: Fire, Water, Nature, Lightning, Ground, Wind, Time and Shadow. Eventually the Clarions passed and their wisdom and even sometimes personality is absorbed by an artifact. Then along comes a crew of a little rebellion looking for an upper hand against Discord's magic. Little Time Spinner and dusk were in the group. Dusk thought he could recreate the artifacts and give them to others but one day he got carried away and tried to combine their power. All he needed was the blood of an Alicorn..." [/colour][colour=#000000]The voice paused then continued [/colour][colour=#000080]"At least he told us it was for the rebellion. Anyway the artifact replica's were all destroyed and the only artifact that is not in Celestia's vault is the pocket Watch. That was what I thought but standing before this unicorn is a pony who has another replica. The most powerful replica in existence. The Alicorn Amulet..."[/colour]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[colour=#000080]"You don't seem to understand. The artifacts never had an Alicorn amulet. There was no artifact that could use the power of all the clarions, just one. The Alicorn amulet was created by your brother yes but it was meant to hold all of the magic that clarion artifacts have. The Alicorn amulet is no replica but it was made by a master replica maker. Though I 'd say the work he did on this fine creation is outstanding to say the least! He could be considered a clarion if..."[/colour]

Light stayed there and listened to the whole story about the Clarions and their artifacts. He had no intentions of looking for any of these artifacts or learning about them. He was here on a mission for Celestia. He looked over at Dawn and the Amulet and said, "So this amulet is an ancient artifact? Well I already know it grants the user powerful magic.." He thought back to when she turned him into a mare and he desperately tried to erase the thoughts and images. He shook his head and looked over at Time Spinner and Dawn.

He heard that word again, Clarion. He had never heard that word till today. He will have to ask Celestia about the Clarions. He did not want to get in between the argument he thought was about to happen between Dawn and Time.

[colour=#000080]"Well he was not a master of magic for one and come to think of it clarions only used one type of magic. Pisce used water and anarchay used shadow. I can't recall most of the others in my current state but there was the fire master blaze. Ah blaze was a great mare. She mothered a great foal. After all he was capable enough to be entrusted with the watch of Time...anyway back to the matter at hand, your brother is dead. You have to be alive first in order to gain clarion status." [/colour]

Flashfire waited in the corner table patiently, taking notes on everything the others were saying. This... Blaze, was no stranger to him. She was a good rival in fire magic.

I wonder if Time Spinner knows how she died... Flashfire grinned, thinking back to the carnage. But he had no idea that the amulet she wore so long ago was a fire amulet. Flashfire needed to have it.

A large, hooded figure threw open the doors to the tavern just as a storm started outside. The sudden lightning illuminated all around the figure as he stepped in. He easily towered over the other ponies. A black cloak covered his entire form, hiding his features completely. The visor of a helmet pointed out from his hood, as it looked around the deserted room. Only a few ponies were in the center, and a bartender, and... Flashfire, in the corner table. Talonwing moved towards the table, ignoring the gaze of the others. There was a metallic clinking sound as he moved to Flashfire's table.

[colour=#FF0000]"You're late." [/colour]Flashfire scowled. [colour=#ff0000]"Sit down." [/colour]Flashfire gestured to the seat opposite his.

Talonwing obediently sat on the seat Flashfire had gestured to, then waited patiently for his master to speak again.

[colour=#FF0000]"There's been a change of plans. I'm not going to Canterlot for now. I need you to kill something."[/colour]

[colour=#000080]"In any case the matter still stands with the spirit...this nightmare moon character of yours, she seems rather evil. While that means nothing I remember allowing my self to speak through my holder but never to turn into me or allow me to control him. Your brother never learned that ability. Still for a normal your brother did superb work."[/colour]

Light kept listening to Time talk about old things and such. He noticed a pony sitting at a corner table and wondered what he was doing. Light stopped looking at him and focused back on Dawn and Time.

(I added a lot of stuff to my last post.)

[colour=#008000]"Kill something, master? In this room?" [/colour] Talonwing said in a hushed tone. Murder wasn't a stranger to him, but he was surprised by the sudden demand.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes. Something in this room." [/colour]Flashfire gestured with his head to the other ponies in the center of the room. [colour=#ff0000]"Do you see the amulet the one in the middle is wearing? We're going to take it. But not now. Until recently I wanted to take it as soon as possible, but I found out that there is a hidden lab in the forest somewhere. We're going to find it. right now. Come on."[/colour]

Flashfire rose from his seat, and left the tavern, Talonwing walking close beside him. Outside, the rain was heavy, and thunder crashed in the clouds above. It didn't bother the two, and they headed back towards the everfree forest.

[colour=#000080]"You believe I'm..." [/colour][colour=#000000]The voice simply laughed [/colour][colour=#000080]"Time Spinner is the unicorn wearing the Pocket Watch. I am in the Pocket Watch. My name is Seasona, I was the clarion of Time. In any case what do you mean by Dead dead. Is he perhaps in an artifact replica?"[/colour]

(So... You are going to plan on killing Dawn?) Dawn watched the other pony leave, and heard the sound of 'hidden lab' in one of is sentences. "I need to go. Now." Dawn disappeared, and left the cavern.

She appeared in her brother's lab. She looked for her brother's frozen body, and focused. She sweat, and her brother slowly unfroze. He came back to life, immortal once more. "Brother!" She smiled, and Dusk hugged Dawn.

"You saved me!" Dusk smiled. "Thank you."

"Your alive! It worked!" She smiled. "But somepony is coming for your lab. We need to protect it." She said.

Light was actually uncap-able to understand what all was going on. He then slowly got up and went back to his house. He hoped nopony followed him. He went to his desk and pulled out a piece of paper. He wrote about what all he learned about he amulet and sent it to Celsetia. He was glad he could use his magic to communicate with her. He looked over at his door and noticed it was open. He went over and closed it. Along with all the windows.

[colour=#ff0000]"Here we are. This is where she found me." [/colour]Flashfire stopped on the road, somewhere in the forest.

Talonwing looked around. [colour=#008000]"There's nothing here, master."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"You think I don't know that?" [/colour]Flashfire snapped back at him. [colour=#FF0000]"We just need to find where her secret hideout is."[/colour]

[colour=#008000]"How are we going to do that?" [/colour]Talonwing asked.

Flashfire grinned evilly from under his hood, and his eyes glowed orange. [colour=#ff0000]"Simple. The hideout is somewhere in the forest, right?" [/colour]Talonwing nodded. Flashfire turned to face Talonwing, and pulled his hood off. His eyes were now a brilliant red colour, and magic swirled around his horn. [colour=#ff0000]"Forests BURN."[/colour]

"Dusk. They are burning the forest down!"

"Which means there goes my lab as well..." Dusk sighed. "Stop them."

"Yes Dusk." Dawn powered up her magic, then cast a non-flammable spell to about a 10 tree radius around them.

(I was talking to Heretic.)

Flashfire turned to face the forest now, casting an evil smile. [colour=#ff0000]"Get down, Talonwing." [/colour]Talonwing obeyed, full aware of what came next. Flashfire's horn exploded with flame, enveloping dozens of trees with fire.

Flashfire laughed as he burned the trees. [colour=#ff0000]"If we burn it all, there's going to be nothing left except for the hideout!" [/colour]The rain fell harder now, as if nature itself was trying to stop him.[colour=#ff0000] "Talonwing! Get your sword ready!"[/colour] The unicorn yelled over the sound of the rising flames.

Talonwing stood to his full height, and lifted the side of his cloak up. He unsheathed his sword, which was easily seven feet long. He stood strong, ready to die to protect his master.

Flashfire was surprised by Dawn's sudden appearance, but didn't show it. [colour=#ff0000]"I'm hurting innocents? Well then, I better stop!" [/colour]Flashfire rolled his eyes, and turned the flames to more untouched trees. [colour=#ff0000]"Take care of her, Talonwing."[/colour]

Talonwing jumped at Dawn, not questioning why. He made sure not to stab her, but tackled her to the ground instead. [colour=#008000]"I don't know what your deathwish is, but get out of here! My master isn't looking!"[/colour]