(Canterlot) The Elder Tree Teahouse [Closed for Now]

Elderflower

Peace smiled shyly as he received compliments from Care and El. He wasn't exactly use to receiving compliments, and it wasn't as if he done anything yet. As he listened more to Elderflower, a realization came to him. He needed a good environment to help ponies relax! He wanted to thank her for the idea, but before he had a chance, the stallion who had been sitting silently in the corner decided to chime in. For a moment, he wanted to jump to the shop's defense, but Peace held himself back and waited to hear more. Maybe he had some good words, but the way he said them, that's what bugged Peace.

Care was a bit surprised at what the pony said.

The pony said that this place could benefit from other things than a mail delivery service.

Care moved his mailbags around. He was a bit ashamed now. He was also angry. He felt like this pony was saying that mail delivery wasn't very important.

Care glanced at Peace. He saw how he was glancing at the pony as well.

Care then glanced around at El and the other ponies in the store.

Care glanced at the pony that said the mail comment.

"While that may be true. Mail delivery is very essential."

Care smiled at the pony. He wanted to be mean but he didn't do it.

He felt like he should try and be nice to this pony.

Maybe he would lighten up.

Copper was about to say something to when he was cut off by the suited stallion in the corner of the shop. What he said was intriguing, if a little unexpected.

[colour=#8b4513]"Well surely you're not going to leave it at that sir. Do elaborate, please!"[/colour]

[colour=#daa520] "Well..I'm just saying...ponies all over Equestria need to taste these drinks. And mail delivery...is right up my alley."[/colour]

El took a moment to skim her eyes over the mailpony. He seemed…rather determined. The unicorn furrowed her brow once more and then took a deep breath, opening her mouth to speak. Just before she could get her first word out, however, she clamp her jaw shut again, closing her eyes. She was about to slam down Care’s proposal – she simply could not imagine expanding her business for deliveries. But that would be terribly rude of her, and perhaps she was jumping the gun…

[colour=#ffa07a]“I’ll consider it, Care, but I can’t make any promises right now. I really am very sorry.”[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"There is more that this place could benefit from than just a mail delivery service..." [/colour]

The mare hardly had time to breathe again before another voice perked up, and this one brought El to rapt attention. She turned in spot quickly, pale golden eyes sweeping over the shabbily dapper stallion. She felt her personality prickling, and quickly. Normally, she was an exceedingly pleasant and relaxed individual. But she was stubborn, and sure of herself and her business; comments on how difficult it must be for her, and all of these suggestions for improvement were started to rub on her nerves a little. It was sincere when she said she appreciated the suggestions, and she also appreciates the concern of the others, however there is only so much that El can hear before her metaphoric feathers ruffle.

But apparently it wasn’t just her feathers that were ruffled. Almost immediately after the corner-lurking pony spoke, Blue darted out of her mane to flit around before perching on El’s horn. His feathers were, quite literally, ruffled and puffed out.

[colour=#000080]"Well surely you're not going to leave it at that sir. Do elaborate, please!" [/colour]

Taking another deep breath, the wispy mare made herself calm down and attempted to be less prickly. She didn’t wish to come across as hostile or rude at all.

[colour=#ffa07a]“I’m sorry,”[/colour] she apologized for her stiff demeanour (though she wasn’t entirely sure her apology was as obvious to the others as it was for her), [colour=#ffa07a]“But yes, as Copper said…please do elaborate.”[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"Hmmm? Oh my dear! Do not misinterpret my conjecture in such a way!" [/colour]Said a lone voice in the corner, in an offended, though sarcastic tone. All of a sudden, the stallion jumped up lively from his seat [colour=#a52a2a]"I am speaking of course, of investment!" [/colour]his voice echoing throughout the tea-house. The formerly silent pony was of a stark contrast to his former self. Now, he was full of energy, and absolutely unforgivably enthusiastic about his approach to the current situation.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Why madam, this Lychee Juice might just be the finest, most refreshingly, refilling liquid substance there is!" [/colour]Foalfellow added, grabbing the the cup of Lychee juice and promptly drinking the rest of it in front of everypony in the Tea-house, he sure did bask in the attention.[colour=#a52a2a]"And with a face like yours? Well, there is where my favorite word comes into play...." [/colour]He quickly dashed across the Tea-House, and placed a hoof across Elderflower's shoulder in a friendly manner (making sure to touch Blue in any way), [colour=#a52a2a]"Opportunity!" [/colour]he shouted, ensuring that his voice was heard loud and clear throughout the tea-house [colour=#b22222]"And where there is opportunity! There is success! Something, that I indeed, know a thing or two about!"[/colour]

"While that may be true. Mail delivery is very essential."

[colour=#b22222]"My good friend, I was not mocking you in the slightest. In fact, you play a role in society that provides the very 'bread and butter' for our very civilization!" [/colour]He replied, turning to Care Package [colour=#a52a2a]"I was just making the point that with an appropriate amount of investment, EVERYTHING can be improved upon!"[/colour] he replied in vigorous determination. Everything seemed to be going incredibly smoothly so far.

Peace listened as the stallion started his... Well, he didn't know exactly what it was, but to Peace it felt like a spiel. He could agree that everything could be improved, but did it have to be? It wasn't that he didn't want to see the shop succeed, but if it improved, then it would change. Peace wasn't exactly keen on change as a concept, at least not when it came to changing something good. Maybe he was over reacting, after all not all change is bad. [colour=#0000cd]"So what would you 'Improve upon' as far as this shop goes?" [/colour]He didn't want to come off rude, but he made sure to put extra emphasis on the stallions words. This wasn't his shop to worry or make any calls about, but he enjoyed it enough to not want it to change. [colour=#0000cd]"After all, just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should."[/colour]

[colour=#800000]"I was just making the point that with an appropriate amount of investment, EVERYTHING can be improved upon!"[/colour]

El prickled. Visibly. And she made no effort to calm herself this time. Whether it was the loud voice, the comments on her looks, the unwanted physical contact, or the suggestion that she needed to improve her situation that ticked her off, she wasn’t particularly sure. The only thing she was certain of was the fact that she was miffed. Whatever this character seemed to think he understood about her business, she wasn’t sure, but she was very suspicious of the fact that he was totally clueless. After all, if he knew anything about her or her teahouse, he wouldn’t be disrupting the atmosphere with such a loud and garish display.

Apparently, Blue shared in his owner’s distaste, for as soon as the stallion placed a hoof on El’s shoulders the fairy wren chirped angrily and flung himself from his perch on her horn, flitting around the loud stallion’s head and giving him a piece of his avian mind before darting up to one of the eaves and settling there, still puffed up and bothered.

That was her window of opportunity; while Blue kicked up his raucous display El slipped away from the stallion, shrugging her shoulders as she did so. The mare wasn’t particularly fond of contact unless it was appropriate or done by invitation. It seemed as though Peace Keeper would be the first to speak after the dapper pony, for which she was grateful. She needed a moment to gather her thoughts lest she run the risk of saying something hot tempered or rude.

[colour=#0000ff]"After all, just because you can change something, doesn't mean you should."[/colour]

[colour=#ffa07a]“I am inclined to agree with Peace Keeper,” [/colour]El said finally, closing her eyes as she did so to keep a better grip on the fragile sense of calm she had, [colour=#ffa07a]“I did not design my shop in order to find riches or success by the definition that you seem to be implying. I’m not sure if your business sense quite…fits this dynamic. The Elder Tree Teahouse is a haven of relaxation for all citizens of Canterlot and any visitors who are passing through. What is of upmost importance to me is that my clients feel at ease and discover a sense of peace when they come here. It should be and must remain a place of healing, not a means to profit.”[/colour]

Elderflower nailed the intrusive stallion with a levelling gaze, then, a look that bore a strong sense of warning.

[colour=#ffa07a]“I will listen to what you have to say. To do otherwise would be rude of me,”[/colour] she continued, her eyes still boring into the business pony, [colour=#ffa07a]“But please keep in mind what I have just said."[/colour]

The tea-loving unicorn may have the appearance of a wispy, wishy-washy character, but she made it clear that she’s far from a pushover. She knows to put her hoof down when the moment calls for it.

Copper simply watched what was going on in the tea shop, finding it a bit difficult to keep up. In between the dapper pony's atmosphere-jarring speech on investment and improvement, to the retort from the proprietor whom Copper had assumed to be a very delicate soul, yet he was clearly mistaken. Truth be told, he was unsure who to side with in this argument. On the one hand, Elderflower had a very valid point that the tea shop had a tranquil atmosphere that deserves to be preserved, he had to admit that he couldn't quite agree with Elderflower's and Peace Keeper's anti-change stance. Copper was an inventor. It was his job to change things, to change the lives of ponies, to change the way they did things.

But, Copper had to admit he liked the tea house. He liked the atmosphere, the service, and by Celestia he liked the tea (Which he realised, with soul crushing despair, he had failed to finish his cup of in the drama unfolding around him and had hence gone cold.) So he realised for now he would have to side with the wispy mare.

[colour=#8b4513]"Good sir,"[/colour] he said, addressing the suited stallion, [colour=#8b4513]"I'm afraid I'll have to side with the management here. I obviously cannot speak on behalf of this establishment but I would advise you take business propositions to more entrepreneurial shops."[/colour]

Copper concluded his point while hoping that he would not offend said management with his input.

Foalfellow smirked slightly. regaining his composure himself from the harassment from Blue and the recent replies from most of the ponies in the shop. He initially looked agitated and offended as Elderflower, Copper and Peace had all saw it fit to impart their wisdom onto him, but quickly shifted back and forth between a wide variety of emotions, such as anger, sadness and even happiness. In fact, his expression was changing faster than the weather was when Discord had his fun in Ponyvile.

[colour=#B22222]"As much as I appreciate the kind enlightening words from all three of you, I have yet to make a single decoration about 'Change'"[/colour]. Foalfellow continued, ever persistent in his approach to the situation.

[colour=#B22222]"You see, success is a very interpretive term...."[/colour] Foalfellow exclaimed, looking in the eyes of Elderflower, with a noticeably lower tone of voice. Now more soothing and soft in comparison to his load bellowing voice from the start of his speech. [colour=#B22222]"I can tell, you have painted me with a brush of malice and discontent"[/colour] Foalfellow moved around, looking specifically in the eyes of each pony in the shop to give the impression of sincerity and genuine compassion into his current words.

[colour=#B22222]"You all, most likely are viewing me as a money grabbing fiend, bent on milking this lovely tea house for every bit it has.... But I assure you Elderflower, you are more like me than you realize"[/colour] He continued.[colour=#B22222] "I've heard about this Tea house, we all have... Hence the reason there are 4 stallions inside this wonderful place this late in the evening. What I am suggesting Elderflower... Is not for as you would of interpreted as 'Change' but rather of 'Expansion'".[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"How many customers does this tea house receive in one standard day? Simply put, the answer is, not enough. Now I know what you are thinking right now"[/colour] taking a step back, and imitating another ponies voice[colour=#ffa07a] "Oh, he only wants the money! He doesn't care about the tranquility of this tea house!"[/colour][colour=#B22222] [/colour]Taking a step forward, he continued in his raspy, and distinct tone of voice[colour=#B22222] "I want people all over Equestria to feel the same way ponies in Canterlot do when they enter this place! I want to spread the love and kindness to places such as Trottingham, or Stalliongrad! Not destroy this unique, genuine place with change..." [/colour]He lowered his head In despair[colour=#B22222] "And this is what I get for trying to spread the joy across Equestria....".[/colour]

[colour=#B22222]"I don't want this place to change, I simply want more ponies to... as you say 'enter a place of healing, and not of profit'"[/colour] still with his head lowered, as if he was deeply offended and disappointed. shedding a small, single tear. It fell, as if by slow motion to the floor of the Teahouse.

Peace listened patiently as the stallion gave his speech. His eyes grew wider as he realized what he was talking about. [colour=#0000cd]"You mean a..." [/colour]he paused for a second as he thought of the right word. It failed to come to him, [colour=#0000cd]"another tea house! Another Elder Tree Teahouse." [/colour]His voice was a bit excited at the concept. He had worked at one of those types of places before, with multiple locations. Though he didn't care too much for that job, the opportunity to work at the tea house he liked that. After all, a new location would need ponies running it. Maybe this pony had some good ideas after all.

[colour=#8b4513]"The phrase you're looking for, Peace," [/colour]Copper said in his cheery tone of voice when he saw the stallion pause, [colour=#8b4513]"Is chain shop. I do believe that's what this stallion is suggesting. As you put it Peace, another Elder Tree Teahouse, perhaps several." [/colour]Copper's tone had shifted from his initial cheeriness to a feeling of uncertainty, showing he was rather dubious of the idea. As Elderflower had said, atmosphere was sold here as much as anything else. An atmosphere that was in part created by the serene surroundings but also due to the gentleness and politeness of the mare herself, Copper noticed. This made him find it difficult to get into the idea of the teahouse being a chain shop. He didn't think any other would, or even could, be quite the same as this one without Elderflower herself. That said however, Copper certainly wouldn't mind a cuppa as good as the one he'd had here closer to home. Before voicing any of his thoughts though, he decided to see how the proprietor would react to the suited stallion's speech.

• 3 weeks later...

El had anticipated becoming so prickly she’d polymorph herself into a porcupine while the dapper stranger spoke. His little spiel had quite the opposite effect, in fact, and the more he spoke the more she drifted into the same figure of serenity her regulars were used to seeing. Indeed, even Blue seemed to have become disinterested in the loud character.

[colour=#800000]<"…I don't want this place to change, I simply want more ponies to... as you say 'enter a place of healing, and not of profit'">[/colour]

[colour=#0000cd]<"You mean a... another tea house! Another Elder Tree Teahouse.”>[/colour]

[colour=#000080]<"The phrase you're looking for, Peace, is chain shop. I do believe that's what this stallion is suggesting. As you put it Peace, another Elder Tree Teahouse, perhaps several.”>[/colour]

[colour=#ffa07a]“Even though you mock my attitude, sir,”[/colour] the quiet mare began, her voice once more even and gentle despite the arched brow which indicated that she cared very little for petty behaviour, [colour=#ffa07a]“I can appreciate your opinions and how much you seem to value my teahouse. But I am afraid you have come to the wrong place if you wish to turn my establishment into a chain. I apologize, but I will not attach my name to anything I don’t have a direct, hooves-on role in.”[/colour]

The wisp of a unicorn lifted a long, slender leg and brandished it to direct attention to the shop around her – the dark wood, stained and gleaming in the rich sunlight of evening; the soft cushions inviting patrons to cozy-up; and the long counter that was beginning to bend ever-so-slightly under the weight of teapots, sweets, cups, trays, and lacquered vases filled with fragrant flowers.

[colour=#ffa07a]“The Elder Tree Teahouse,”[/colour] she continued,[colour=#ffa07a] “is something I built from scratch, something I cultivated with a great deal of love, labour, and struggle. I had help and guidance from my parents and some unbelievably talent carpenters, but I was a part of every step of its creation. Even before it was built, I traveled Equestria seeking the best plants to make teas from and collected their seeds for my garden. This teahouse is as dear to me as a living thing, and I cannot duplicate my affections or dedication. That is why I will not make it a chain. I cannot dedicate the same love or effort to another establishment as I have with this – there will never be another teahouse I can connect myself to. I…am not an entrepreneur and have no desire to change that.

However,”[/colour] the unicorn added, a smile settling back into place, [colour=#ffa07a]“If there is any sincerity in your wish to spread tranquility through a chain of teahouses across Equestria I am more than willing to aid you. If you go forward with your plans, you can send whomever you choose to run your locations to me. I will allow them to come here for an observation period so they may see how I work and I will speak to them personally on how I run things if they so choose.”[/colour]

A bit sheepish at having made such a lengthy rant, El cast an apologetic glance towards the others who had gathered in her shop. Such a melodrama for them to witness…what a shame! She decided that she would have to make it up to them somehow – though that would be something to discuss once this episode with the savvy businesspony was concluded.

The dapper pony slowly nodded his head in aknowlegement of Elderflowers position on his proposition. Saddened by her position, yes. But still ever persistent in reaching his goal. If he couldn't make it this way.... then perhaps.....

[colour=#b22222]"Where in Equestria are my manners! I haven't even introduced myself yet! How silly of me!" Foalfellow said, taking a step back in order to introduce himself " I, am Mr. Foxglove Foalfellow, charming traveler, wise investor, part time care-giver and at your service madam" [/colour]he proclaimed this while taking off his top hat, trowing it in the air, and landing it perfectly on his head. Sure, it wasn't the best trick in the world, though Foalfellow still considered himself a 'Jack-of-all trades'

He took a short bow before continuing[colour=#B22222] "And I, hardly would want to transit such childish mockery to somebody like you Mis Elderflower! Now, that we are fully acquainted, I'm sure that we can work out.. some type of business arrangement? Mutually beneficial yes?"[/colour] Walking over to El again, this time much more delicate in his approach,[colour=#B22222] "What you want, I want. What I get, you get. The whole kit-kaboodle. I'm sure Elderflower, that some financial assistance would be warmly welcomed with open arms at least?"[/colour] Foalfellow continued. [colour=#b22222]"Now, now, I'm not suggesting change, I'm not that silly. I'm just saying, money should always be welcome in your position right? Just imagine how useful another 1,000 bits would be! Not to mention, I am sure these stallions here would be utterly supportive of such an idea..."[/colour] Foalfellow remained persistent despite being rejected twice, He noticeably winced while giving his speech this time however, It looked as if his outer shell may be cracking, and on it's way to exposing what may lay beneath.

[colour=#800000]<“Where in Equestria are my manners! ... Just imagine how useful another 1,000 bits would be! Not to mention, I am sure these stallions here would be utterly supportive of such an idea...”>[/colour]

Elderflower let out a small sigh after Foalfellow spoke his piece. He seemed to flip his attitude with a great deal of ease, which was something the mare found utterly unsettling. There was no way his little act could be genuine – nopony went from mockery to sweetness that easily. She found herself immediately distrustful of the shady character; had he continued to mock her she would be irritated, but she could at least trust that he was being honest. That little switch of his, however, set in stone the fact that he was being conniving. It didn’t help that he was really laying on this “good guy” persona so thickly, either. Speaking so highly of one’s own charm and wisdom was hardly charming or wise. As for his offer, well…El was always taught to be suspicious of easy money.

Perhaps that judgement was unfair, though. She herself had just switched from gentle to hard as stone and back, and that could also give others an unflattering impression of the mare. She hoped it was apparent that she truly was a gentle pony by nature, but she was also unwilling to allow others to push her around. The time she had spent traveling taught her very quickly that being a pushover was a surefire way to get yourself into trouble, as many would interpret that as an invitation to take advantage of you. She was not a helpless mare and did not want others to look at her as an easy target – especially pushy and two-faced individuals like Foxglove Foalfellow.

She quickly searched across the faces of the little gaggle of stallions before her, pale golden eyes holding a note of inquiry. She would speak before hearing their opinions in order to send a clear message to Foalfellow, but El was indeed curious of what they thought. She genuinely hoped, however, that they believed in her and her teahouse as opposed to this false and shady individual.

As she opened her mouth to speak, the unicorn noticed the last of her patrons from the garden exiting the teahouse and immediately felt a pang of guilt; hopefully they had not been disturbed by the little scene that had unfolded. If they returned, she would be sure to make it up to them with a few free pots of tea.

[colour=#ffa07a]“Well, Foalfellow,”[/colour] she finally replied, her voice soft but firm. She did not state it, but her expression and tone of voice made it very clear that she was disinterested and unyielding. She would at least let the shady stallion finish speaking, however, for even in her foulest mood she has a hard time forgetting her manners, [colour=#ffa07a]“Please finish your proposal.”[/colour]

[colour=#b22222]"I'm simply offering investment...." [/colour]Foalfellow replied, staring Elderflower down, and getting increasingly twitchy. Foalfellow was far from being an absolute intellectual, though he was a keen conversationalist. Elderflower's facial expressions were telling him more than a thousand words would. He couldn't help but feel that he was banging on a locked door.

Traveling Equestria is tough, especially when nobody wants you, with the only thing to your name is your fathers old top hat and a worn old cane. You had to stand up for yourself, find some way to survive. Make yourself useful. Foalfellow is hardly a likable person by any stretch of the imagination, though he was molded by a society of doubt, worry and survival.

He just strolled into Canterlot, fresh off his 'endevours' in Germaney. The Elderflower Tea House was a nice place, he entered the tea-house two months ago. Ordered some Lychee Juice, even received a smile off of Elderflower. Very doubtful she would even remember him, but it shined onto him the feeling of happiness, an unknown feeling.

If he couldn't win the support of El, maybe he could win the support of the others.... After all, the majority could always have more sway of influence over her.... [colour=#b22222]"So what do you all think?" [/colour]He said to the group of stallions in the store, hoping to find their opinions on the matter.

Copper pondered what Foalfellow said for a while. At face value investment seemed like a generally good thing. More money would allow Elderflower to afford more ingredients, cups, plates, and salary for a new employee... But a thought had occurred to Copper. Foalfellow's suit appeared a bit worse for wear, but surely somepony with the bits to be offering investment to establishments would be the sort to have a clean looking suit. But, then again... Copper's thoughts trailed off until it brought him to ask, blissfully unaware of the fact that the question he was asking might be consider rather rude and invasive,

[colour=#8b4513]"Pray tell, Mr Foalfellow how it is you have the funds to invest in this shop?" [/colour]Copper asked this in a purely inquisitive voice, completely forgetting that Foalfellow had in fact asked him and all the other stallions in the room a question.

Peace listened to both sides of the argument. He understood both sides as well. Elder built this place herself, and didn't want just anyone running it, but the stallion, Foalfellow as he introduced himself, sounded like he really wanted to help expand the tea shop. It may be a bit presumptuous of him, but he did have an opinion on the situation. He sheepishly made his opinion heard [colour=mediumblue]"I could help. I mean, you know I love to help people relax, so maybe I could run the other shop?"[/colour] He realized that what he said may sound a bit like he was trying to force El into it, so he back peddled a little. [colour=mediumblue]"As long as it's okay with you Ms.El."[/colour]

Care Package had actually spaced out for quite some time now. He couldn't believe that he spaced out in a moment in time like this. In a, what seemed like, heated argument. He sure hoped that the topic was still the same. What he remembered was that there was a pony who was "accused" of trying to use El's store for bits. Care hoped that that was what was still being discussed.

But now it had seemed to have calmed down. Which made Care happy. He looked over at the pony named Peace as he was talking about how he could help out. And run the...other SHOP?!

Wait..how long had Care been out?? Had they already built another ElderTree Teahouse?! No way! They couldn't have.

Care glanced around frantically. All of the same ponies were there. So the idea of there being another Teahouse left his mind. Care eventually came up with the idea that the ponies were conversing about building a new Teahouse.

Care figured Elder would have never agreed to the idea of there being a new Teahouse but he figured Elder found a way in her mind of how it would work. Or she was just making the ponies think she was there was going to be a new Teahouse.

Anyways..

[colour=#008080]"I'm sorry. I spaced out.[/colour]" Care then shook his head a bit and smiled sheepishly.. He actually didn't mean to say that but it just came out.

[colour=#008080]"On the topic..for the new Teahouse..I could do the mail deliveries...if it is needed." [/colour]He smiled.

• 2 weeks later...

[colour=#a52a2a]< “I'm simply offering investment... So what do you all think?”>[/colour]

[colour=#000080]< "Pray tell, Mr Foalfellow how it is you have the funds to invest in this shop?">[/colour]

El kept quiet as her patrons spoke, her eyes unblinking and betraying her intense curiosity. She felt very much on the same page as Copper. The moment he questioned where these thousand bits would be coming from Elderflower’s gentle gaze turned sharply towards Foalfellow. It was an excellent question, and one she was keen on having answered considering her own discomfort with “easy money.”

[colour=#0000cd]<"I could help. I mean, you know I love to help people relax, so maybe I could run the other shop? As long as it's okay with you Ms.El." >[/colour]

[colour=#daa520]<"On the topic..for the new Teahouse..I could do the mail deliveries...if it is needed."[/colour][colour=#DAA520]>[/colour]

The others seemed less curious with the investment, however, and more focused on the idea of a second teahouse. She smiled warmly at Peace Keeper; he was a very gentle and kind individual, somepony she enjoyed having in her shop. Once Care had also said his piece, the mare allowed herself to speak yet again.

[colour=#ffa07a]“If you are interested in running your own teahouse with Foalfellow’s help, Peace Keeper,”[/colour] she said softly, giving him an encouraging smile, [colour=#ffa07a]“I will help teach you a few things. However, this teahouse will have no association with myself or the Elder Tree Teahouse aside from our friendship. This will be your project. And it seems like Care is willing to help you expand certain things.”[/colour]

She nodded at the mailpony in a friendly manner, and then turned her attention towards the other two stallions once more.

[colour=#ffa07a]“I have to say that I am just as curious as Copper here in regards to your investment offer, Foalfellow.”[/colour]

She gave the grubby stallion in his overalls a nod of understanding and awaited the business pony’s response to the inquiries. The longer this situation dragged on, the more she felt as though she was being overly suspicious, but having been raised by two entrepreneurs on the Canterlot coffee scene Elderflower had seen how easily somepony could get caught up in shady business deals that ultimately led to trouble. Easy street was riddled with booby traps, and she preferred to avoid it.