Blizzard Icewing [Ready]

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Blizzard Icewing (Blizzy for short)

[colour=#000000]Sex: [/colour][colour=#000000]Female[/colour]

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Silver

[colour=#000000]Coat:[/colour][colour=#000000] An icy blue. She has snow white freckles on either side of her face. Her nose is white, like it's been dipped in snow. She has a white triangular pattern going across the bottom of her hooves. She wears silver bracelets around one front hoof and the opposite rear hoof. Blizzy is often seen wearing a blue vest [/colour]

Mane/Tail: Blizzy's mane is styled to make her look like a total rocker. Her mane and tail are white and sky blue. She has a medium length tail.

Physique: Blizzy's a very decent height for her age. Though she was smaller than most when she was much younger, Blizzy grew to be slightly taller than average. She has a nice thin figure.

Residence: On the edge of Cloudsdale during weekdays (Mother's house) Or in the heart of Viva Las Pegasus during weekends (Father's house) (Sorry ^^" Couldn't resist throwing the "Viva" in there)

[colour=#000000]Occupation:[/colour][colour=#000000] Student in Flight School[/colour]

Cutie Mark: [colour=#282828]Blizzy's cutie mark is a wintery tornado with snowflakes around it. Blizzy got her cutie mark by accident when she was a young foal. It was the same day her parents announced their decision to seperate. The heartbreaking news came from her mother, and was soon after confirmed by her father. Blizzy was so upset that she ran off, or rather flew off at top speed with her parents yelling after her with worried expressions. She ended up reaching speeds she never thought possible, and that's when it happened. Blizzy's anger made her fly faster and faster- until she crashed into a snow sculpture that a couple of foals had built. Realizing what she'd done, Blizzy apologized and promised the foals she'd rebuild the snow sculpture. Up until that point, Blizzy didn't know it was possible to be so artistic with snow. Blizzy kept her promise to the foals, rebuilding the sculpture, but she rebuilt it to be even better than the original! The small foals found themselves amazed with Blizzy's ability to create amazing art out of the powdery white snow.[/colour][colour=#282828] It was only when she finally calmed down and saw what she'd done that she became aware of her love of winter weather. Shortly after this happened, Blizzy noticed that her wintery cutie mark had appeared. After that, even when it wasn't winter anymore, Blizzy would tag along with her mum to the weather factory. While there, she'd usually go and watch ponies hand make the snowflakes and start taking care of details for the next year. Her super fast flying that day earned her a top spot on the Winter Wrap-up team at a young age. The winter colours of her cutie mark represent her love of the winter season, and the tornado part symbolizes her super fast flying abilities and incredible wing power.[/colour]

post-7113-0-01915700-1363123680_thumb.pn Blizzy's cutie mark (Created be MEEEE)

History: Blizzard Icewing was born in Las Pegasus on the coldest day of winter. She was given her name because of the fact that she was born on the coldest day of the year, and at the time there was an ongoing blizzard. Her mother, Raini Daze, works in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory. Her Father works in Las Pegasus as an illusionist. He can create and manipulate fog, and over the years he's learned how to use it to create numerous illusions. When Blizzy was little, he would take Blizzy with him to many of his shows.

When Blizzy when an older foal, she started to notice complications between her parents. (At this point in time, the three of them had moved to the outer part of Cloudsdale.) As time went on, the situation worsened and Raini suggested she and Blizzy's father split up. A week after deciding to go through with it, the two told Blizzy, and she got her cutie mark that same day. This was about the time when Blizzard began to develop a sense of social isolation. Simply put, the whole thing left her rather bummed out, and she didn't want to bother anypony outiside of her family with her troubles. When she was in school, she would put on a smile and act like everything was a-Okay. When she would return home, she'd usually end up locking herself in her room, blasting music and reading. On school trips, she'd opt for the back of the bus, and was content as long as she had her headphones and some music.

After everything went down, Blizzy's father packed up and moved back to Las Pegasus. Raini and Blizzy remained in Cloudsdale with Raini working harder than ever at the Rain Factory. When asked who she wanted to live with until the split was finalized, Blizzy almost immediately chose her mother's side. She was all too hurt by what her father had done. A month after this, the split was finalized, and Blizzy would start spending weekends in Las Pegasus with her dad.

Blizzy's relationship with Raini never really felt the impact of the separation. In fact, as Blizzy got older, Blizz and her mother began to develop a best-friend type relationship! They did more mother-daughter things together and Blizzy finally broke away from shutting herself in her room all the time. She was starting to explore the outside world a lot more, even making trips to Ponyville every once in a while to hit up the local music stores and chat with other music loving ponies.

Eventually, Blizzy was able to work past her social isolation. As she grew older, Blizzy not only grew closer to her mother, but she began to realize that being totally alone is so, well, lonely. Her opinion on the matter changed one day during flight school. Blizz was stretching in preparation for a test run through an obstacle course (emphasis on "test"). She was patiently waiting for her turn to run the course when an older filly she recognized from her class approached her. The filly introduced herself as Skyla Nightwing. Not knowing what else to do (as well as not wanting to be rude), Blizzy introduced herself as well. Soon, the two were talking and laughing about the funny flying stories they were telling each other, and before Blizzy knew it, it was her turn to run the track. Skyla caught up with Blizzy on the way home from flight school that same day, and Blizzy began to realize that she actually enjoyed being in the company of another pony. After that, Blizzy and Skyla became best friends and are practically inseparable.

Blizzy's life now is a lot more stable. She enrolled in flight school after the split-up and is in the process of trying to start up her own flight team. As a foal, Blizzy tended to be extremely distant towards anypony and everypony, and disliked the idea of making friends. Now, however, Blizzy has many wonderful friends (including Skyla) that she says she couldn't live without, and she's more comfortable meeting new ponies.

post-7113-0-82255600-1363223868_thumb.pn Skyla and Blizzy

Character Summary: Blizzy is very much a tomcolt. She always tries to look her best and loves to accessorize, but that's about as far as her feminine side goes. Blizzy loves hanging out with the guys, discussing which bands are the edgiest and loudest, and having burp-offs. She's not afraid to get her hooves dirty and loves the outdoors. In a group of ponies, Blizz will be the one to come up mischievous plans that other ponies might find a bit dangerous or risky, and they'd probably be right. Basically, she's the pony you don't want to invite to any high class Canterlot event. Why? Because she hates the idea of being "prim and proper." She marches to the beat of her own drum. She'd rather be loud, be proud, and be herself and not have to hold back than be subjected to a strict standard of social class life. She's also the kind of pony that'll try anything once. In the past, Blizzy had an extremely hard time making friends. In fact, she wasn't to fond of the idea of making friends. Now, she likes making a new friend from time to time.

Blizzy has a couple different talents, one of them being she has no problem at all being herself. Her main talent is her insane artistic abilities when it comes to snow sculpting and anything wintery! Blizzy's also extremely good at playing drums (so she kind of literally marches to the beat of her own drum.) And of course, let's not forget her fast flying abilities!

A lot of Blizzy's motivation comes from her friends and her mum (and her dad, though she'll rarely admit it), and what drives her motivation is the fact that she's very persistent. She keep at something until she's able to get it right. One of her biggest dreams is to have her own flight team someday soon. She wants to create the fastest flight team Equestria's ever seen.

Blizzy likes snow, moderately chilly weather, flying at fast speeds, free falling (she loves the adrenaline), taking risks, rock music/ garage band music, her Hoof-Beats (headphones), and drumming pony-style, as well as anything that makes her come off as a tomcolt. She also lovess accessorizing, i.e. her blue vest and hoof bracelets. Her favorite bands include (but are not limited to) The All-Equestrian Rejects, The Mane, Colts like Fillies, Hoof Eleven, Bowling for Hay, Secondhoof Serenade, We the Alicorns and Fall Out Colt. Blizzy dislikes extremely hot weather, classical music (unless it's classic rock like The Beastie Colts), and ponies who think they're so much better than everypony else.

Blizzy has her strong points, but she has her faults as well. She's extremely stubborn, and while she's become so much better at socializing with other ponies, she can still act extremely distant at times. Blizzy has terrible organization skills. She often acts and speaks before thinking about what she's about to do or say, and that can and has gotten her into trouble.

What most ponies don't know about Blizzy is what she fears. What Blizzy fears more than anything else is being alone again. While she used to love being alone when she was a foal, Blizzy came to realize that being all alone isn't such a good thing. She fears that there will come a time when she has nopony to turn to for help, comfort, guidance, she fears losing her friends and family and just being completely alone. She also fears that she'll fail at accomplishing her goals and dreams and let everypony she cares about down in the process. She's also afraid of spiders and intense silence.

post-7113-0-72992000-1363135905_thumb.pn

• Like 1

I'm aware that this app still needs a lot of work. I had to log off my laptop before I was able to complete all of the necessary fields and make adjustments.

Also, I would like to request StarStorm as my RP Helper if that's alright :)

I would love to be your helper, Grimshy!! ^^

I'll have to wait until you write some more on her before I can give you a thorough review, but you're off to a great start :)

*Claps* Grimshy, this character is amazing!! You used plenty of rich detail, really giving us a feel for you character. She sounds adventurous, and like a ton of fun!! And who doesn't love a good tomboy? :D

Okay, so there are a few things that will need changed before I can send her up for senior staff to look over and approve.

I apologize in advance because this but this first edit will be kind of a biggie. The cutiemark story really isn't going to work how it is now. As they show us in Sonic Rainboom, each snowflake has to be hoofmade. Even though I really like the story, accidentally creating a blizzard just isn't a possibility. The mark itself looks awesome though!! You did a great job creating it :3

http://youtu.be/Wmj6...?t=9m56s[/media]

This video goes on until the end of the episode, but if you watch just the first part, they gave us a peek into part of the weather factory that snowflakes are made.

Also, even though the divorce was a big event in Blizzy's life, the history section focuses a little too heavily on it. It would be awesome to hear a bit more about Blizzy and a bit less about her parents. Later in the app you say that Blizzy liked to be along as a foal. Maybe to get more about her into the history, you could tell us the story of when she started becoming more social? You don't have to if you don't feel like it, but that's just an idea on how to expand on that a little c:

Okay, so just one last little thing- Cloudsdale's rain factory should be changed to Cloudsdale's weather factory, but it's totally cool to have her mum work in the rain section :)

Blizzy's character summary is looking awesome!! Reading about her favorite bands made me giggle.

The fog manipulation that her father did raise some question, but thinking about it, I don't see why a pegasus wouldn't be able to manipulate fog just the same as any other weather. I actually think that it's a really cool idea, and it seems extremely fitting for Haze to be from Las Pegasus!! It just really sounds like the kind of show that they would have there :)

I know that it may seem like kind of a lot, but besides those it's looking fantabulous as far as I can see :D

*Claps* Grimshy, this character is amazing!! You used plenty of rich detail, really giving us a feel for you character. She sounds adventurous, and like a ton of fun!! And who doesn't love a good tomboy? :D

Okay, so there are a few things that will need changed before I can send her up for senior staff to look over and approve.

I apologize in advance because this but this first edit will be kind of a biggie. The cutiemark story really isn't going to work how it is now. As they show us in Sonic Rainboom, each snowflake has to be hoofmade. Even though I really like the story, accidentally creating a blizzard just isn't a possibility. The mark itself looks awesome though!! You did a great job creating it :3

http://youtu.be/Wmj6...?t=9m56s[/media]

This video goes on until the end of the episode, but if you watch just the first part, they gave us a peek into part of the weather factory that snowflakes are made.

Also, even though the divorce was a big event in Blizzy's life, the history section focuses a little too heavily on it. It would be awesome to hear a bit more about Blizzy and a bit less about her parents. Later in the app you say that Blizzy liked to be along as a foal. Maybe to get more about her into the history, you could tell us the story of when she started becoming more social? You don't have to if you don't feel like it, but that's just an idea on how to expand on that a little c:

Okay, so just one last little thing- Cloudsdale's rain factory should be changed to Cloudsdale's weather factory, but it's totally cool to have her mum work in the rain section :)

Blizzy's character summary is looking awesome!! Reading about her favorite bands made me giggle.

The fog manipulation that her father did raise some question, but thinking about it, I don't see why a pegasus wouldn't be able to manipulate fog just the same as any other weather. I actually think that it's a really cool idea, and it seems extremely fitting for Haze to be from Las Pegasus!! It just really sounds like the kind of show that they would have there :)

I know that it may seem like kind of a lot, but besides those it's looking fantabulous as far as I can see :D

Asdfghjkl >.< I totally forgot about the snowflake thing! Alright, I'll go back and redo the cutie mark story. That might take some time though because now I have no idea what to do about her cutie mark story XD And I'll edit the history section to talk a bit more about Blizzy ^^" (And I'm glad you liked the band part :D)

Since I have school in a few hours, I won't have time to edit this right away.I'll try to edit it throughout to day, but most of it will have to wait until I get home, so bare with me XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, hopefully that fixes things. If there's still a problem with her cutie mark story, can you maybe give me some suggestions as to what I could do with it so I don't have to change her cutie mark or the part about her flying off? ^^" That would help me out a lot. (If there is still a prob with the cutie mark section, I think I might actually have something that could work, but suggestions would still be much appreciated :D)

Edit:

-Changed Rain Factory to Weather Factory

-Expanded the History section and added a picture

-(Hopefully) Fixed her cutie mark story!

Edited by FluttershyGrimshy

Wow, you did a fantastic job on the history. That's looking much better!! :) She's about ready to go as far as I can see!! Now, about that cutiemark story...

I actually had to ask about the whole freezing over the lake thing, and it turns out that pegasi themselves don't freeze the lakes, but the weather that they create does. They also make the weather up in the factory. I think that one alternative you could possibly have, is that maybe instead of Blizzy freezing over the lake in her intensive anger, it could be like a really snowy day already and she could maybe accidentally run into a snow sculpture or something that a couple of little foals were making. Then, in helping them rebuild it, she could realize just how much she loves the snow and how it was able to calm her and bring her a little bit of joy even in such a tragic situation. Then maybe after discovering how much she loved it, she could start going to the weather factory with her mum some days to go see how it's made and then practice a whole bunch to become really good with it and get the spot on the winter wrap up team? :) We can always come up with something else if you don't like the idea.

Hope this helps!! :D

Yayyy!!!! :D I'm so happy to hear that!! Don't be afraid to change it up some if you'd like, and remember that I'll be right here if you have any more questions. Let me know when you make your edits and I'll give it another lookover ^^ I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :D

Alright, I think that should be it!

Edit:

-Fixed the cutie mark story (Thanks again for the ideas, Stormy!)

-Added two more ponified band names ^^

-Made a few minor adjustments throughout the app so that anything having to do with her cutie mark now fits her new cutie mark story

YES YES YES YES YEEEEESSSS!!!! This looks wonderful, Grimshy!!!! There's now a whole bunch of Blizzy in her history, she has a cutiemark story that works with mane and doesn't have to change who Blizzy is, AND the bands that she likes turns my gigglebox :D I'll send her up for senior staff to review right this minute!!

• Like 1

Hi again! After reviewing this application for approval, we'll need to make a few tweaks before she's ready. I like the design of this character; you've obviously put a lot of thought, detail, and quality into this application. I'll highlight what I'd like you to consider changing, as it will help the overall design and focus of this character. Remember WoE is a roleplay designed to mirror the tone and character design of Friendship is Magic. Let's begin!

History: Blizzard Icewing was born in Las Pegasus on the coldest day of winter. She was given her name because of the fact that she was born on the coldest day of the year, and at the time there was an ongoing blizzard. Her mother, Raini Daze, works in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory. Her Father, Haze, works in Las Pegasus as an illusionist. Haze can create and manipulate fog, and over the years he's learned how to use it to create numerous illusions. He calls himself "The Amazing Haze." When Blizzy was little [colour=#ff0000](this was before the divorce)[/colour], Haze would take Blizzy with him to many of his shows. (Haze is actually another OC of mine, and he's a colt, but for the purpose of this app, he's going to be a Stallion and Blizzy's father right now :) )

[colour=#ff0000]When Blizzy when an older foal, she started to notice complications between her parents. (At this point in time, the three of them had moved to the outer part of Cloudsdale.) Raini was unhappy with Haze's job keeping him constantly on the move, and she tried many times to suggest that Haze quit is illusionist act and take a job that was local. Haze was constantly accusing Raini of always criticizing his job and never being supportive. And of course, poor Blizzy was caught in the middle. This was only the beginning of what Blizz was exposed to. As Haze's illusion act became more popular, he was offered bigger events that kept him away longer than ever before. At one point, Raini accused Haze of cheating on her while he'd been gone for a week. (Later on, this turned out to be true.) That's when Raini brought up the idea of separating from each other. A week after deciding to go through with it, the two told Blizzy, and she got her cutie mark that same day. This was about the time when she began to develop a sense of social isolation. Her state of social isolation was brought on partly by her father being so disloyal to her mother. His foolish actions put the idea in Blizzy's head that nopony could be trusted, and that any connection she tried to make would just end horribly.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]After the announcement about the split, Haze packed up and moved back to Las Pegasus. There, he continued to improve his illusion act and do anything else to help take his mind off of the current situation. [/colour]Raini and Blizzy remained in Cloudsdale with Raini working harder than ever at the Rain Factory. When asked who she wanted to live with until the split was finalized, Blizzy almost immediately chose her mother's side. She was all too hurt by what her father had done. A month after this, the split was finalized, and Blizzy would start spending weekends in Las Pegasus with Haze.

Blizzy's relationship with Raini never really felt the impact of the separation In fact, as Blizzy got older, Blizz and her mother began to develop a best-friend type relationship. [colour=#ff0000]However, Blizzy's relationship with Haze was severely damaged. Blizzy became distant towards him and tends to keep a lot of the details of her life private around him. Though, Haze does make many an effort to try and regain his daughter's trust.[/colour]

So, yes. The divorce between this character's parents seems to be a huge focus. I think the brief mention at the beginning is okay, but from thereon it shouldn't define much else about your character. This is because it's putting too much focus on her parents instead of on Blizzy herself. Yes, she was impacted by this, but that really isn't the kind of character design we're looking for in WoE. Would we see a nasty divorce in FiM and a pony impacted by it emotionally? I know it's tough to suggest a change like this since it is a rather large part of your character design, but it does need to be toned down. Remember this application is about Blizzy, and she should stand alone without a supporting cast. A good example would be how you mentioned she made a new friend, and the focus returned right back to Blizzy.

The rest of this looks good to go! You're almost there! If you need any additional help or suggestions on where to go from here, feel free to ask!

~ Rosie

EDIT: (Can I take a moment to express how I oh so dislike editing from my phone? XD)

-removed the majority of the details about the divorce

-added details to the History section that focus it more on Blizzy as it should be

If there's anything else that needs tweaking or major fixing, lemme know ^^ I'm determined to get this one right ;)

Oh, and I do have a small question. If I use Haze in this app as Blizzy's father, would I still be able to create an app for him later on if I wanted to, but have him be around the same age as Blizzy? I was really only using Haze as a place holder because I couldn't come up with a name for Blizzy's father ^^"

I've read through this app and I really, really like it - it's well written, very balanced in it's handling, consistant and all around it's a very solid application.

After some consideration and a few re-reads to be sure, I feel confident this application is perfect for WOE, and thus have no reservations in stamping!

AppApproved.png

Now go and [colour=#40e0d0]Chill[/colour] out with some ponies...[colour=#40e0d0]ice[/colour] to meet you, hope [colour=#40e0d0]icy[/colour] you again with another great app.

'Til then, [colour=#40e0d0]Stay Frosty[/colour]!

:D

• Like 2