[Bridlebank Beach] No Mare Is An Island (Closed; Sandcat)

Rosewind

2diD4.png

Pinkie Pie trotted into the soft, white sands of Bridlebank Beach. The soft morning sunlight was gaining strength, reflecting its glare off the beach. She held a bag of several rolling pins that she had procured from Sugarcube Corner. She hummed merrily to herself, lashing the last few of the old pins together with a bit of seaweed she found laying next to a rather ornery crab. [colour=#ED458B]"Just needs one more thing!" [/colour]she said to herself, pulling an old bed sheet out of her bag. She tied it to a stick that was jutting out of her "ship"...okay, more like raft. Pinkie stood back, examining her work with a grin. Was the vessel sea-worthy? Of course not. Pinkie was no shipwright. Try to tell her that, though!

[colour=#ED458B]"Today, Cap'n Pinkie shall set sail on her new ship...the S.S. Cupcake! Weeee!" [/colour]She bounced around in the sand, causing several local crabs to skitter off angrily. She caught her hoof in a tangle of seaweed and face-planted to the sand. She dragged her face up, spitting grit out of her mouth, as well as a sea shell. [colour=#ED458B]"Pfft! Patooie! I can't set sail for adventure until my first mate shows up! I wonder where he could be?"[/colour]

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Razor looked down from a small cloud. He looked down at the pink, poofy maned pony that stood beside a rather dangerous looking raft.

[colour=#FF0000]"How do I get myself into these things?"[/colour] He asked himself. He contemplated just leaving, but he had given his word that he would do this and a griffon that didn't keep his word had no honor.

Razor sighed and leaped off the cloud and dived down, landing softly beside Pinkie,[colour=#FF0000] "Hi Pinkie....I' here."[/colour]

Razor gave the raft a once over, and gulped, [colour=#FF0000]"Now uh....are you sure you know the craft of seafaring and boat construction?"[/colour]

Razor didn't feel that this raft was ready to sail on anything but a tub of water, he had a bad feeling that something was going to go wrong. Still he had to go through with it. Even if he felt sure it was going to be dangerous.

Pinkie Pie waved enthusiastically to her griffon pal. She grinned and nodded, her curly pink mane blowing in the salty breeze of the coast marina. [colour=#ED458B]"Pfft! Of course I know how to build a boat, silly! Well...maybe just in the bathtub when I'm helping give the Cake Twins a bath. With popsicle sticks. The principles are clearly the exact same!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie noticed her "mast" was starting to tip over. She quickly corrected it, pushing it hard into the lashed-together rolling pins. [colour=#ED458B]"See!? Easy peasy, my widdle griffon buddy pal! Hop on! Try not to move too much, okies?!"[/colour]

The pink mare shoved the short little griffon into her "boat," and placed her hooves on the end, nudging it through the soft, white sand toward the chilly water of the ocean. [colour=#ED458B]"Hnnnnnng! Errf! Let's go!"[/colour]

Razor gulped, [colour=#FF0000]"Uh maybe I should-never mind." [/colour]Razor said as he was pushed onto the "boat." As the vessel moved into the water, he tensed up as it started to float on the water. He was surprised that it did, but that still didn't remove his tension as they floated further and further out over water.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well....this isn't...too bad." [/colour]Razor said, jumping back and clinging to Pinkie when a small wave splashed some water at him. Razor took a steady breath, and realized what he was doing and let go of the pink pony swiftly and cleared his throat as he moved closer to the center of the boat. Griffons lived in an area that was dry and rocky, and being both part bird and cat they usually had an aversion to getting wet. Sure they could fish, but very very few griffons would even consider say swimming. Water messed with their feathers and made it hard to fly if they got soaked.

[colour=#FF0000]"So...what exactly are we doing again?"[/colour] He asked, [colour=#FF0000]"How do we even stir this?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie smiled widely at Razor as she hopped on board. Sea foam lapped at her pink hooves as she pushed her "raft" into the sea, waving to a crab as she passed it. She slipped on board as the current started to take the vessel out to sea. She shook a frond of seaweed out of her poofy pink mane, and shook her entire body, sending salt and sand flying. It was then that Razor clung to her. She giggled, patting him on his feathery head consolingly. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh my! You're not scared of the sea, are ya?! No fear, Captain Pinkie D. Pie will protect you from a briny demise!" [/colour]As if on cue, one of the rolling pins she had lashed to her ship broke away, and drifted off. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh! I guess I should have used rope instead of bread dough to lash this thing together." [/colour]

She plucked out a spyglass and a rolled up piece of parchment, made from an old can and covered with some coloured tissue paper. She poked it in Razor's face, blinking her large blue eye in his direction. [colour=#ED458B]"Ooh yes! We're on a treasure hunt! Pumpkin Cake drew us a map!" [/colour]The mare proudly unfurled the paper, which was scrabbled with foal scribbles. In crayon. [colour=#ED458B]"She's a smart little filly! Wasn't it nice of her to make us a map to treasure?!" [/colour]She examined the "map" in earnest, glancing up to Razor as he asked her how the ship, exactly, is controlled. [colour=#ED458B]"Steer the ship? Hmm, I knew I forgot something important! It's okay though, I have my First Mate Razor! Maybe we'll eventually hit land, teehee!"[/colour]

Razor chuckled uneasily, [colour=#FF0000]"Uh griffons....don't do well in water......getting wet is...not something we really like to do. But I'm fine." [/colour]Then he saw a piece of the raft float away and heard Pinkie say she tied it down with bread dough.

[colour=#FF0000]"Wait....you did what!?!"[/colour] Razor said, looking at her with wide eyes. He sank his claws into some of the rollers and gulped. 'We're gonna died.' He thought.

When he saw the spyglass up in his face, he fell back in surprise, "[colour=#FF0000]What the....wait what do you mean Pumpkin Cake drew us a map?"[/colour]

Razor went over and looked at the map and blinked, [colour=#FF0000]"We're gonna follow this....to a treasure...."[/colour] He tapped his beak,[colour=#FF0000] "Isn't Pumpkin Cake one of those two little fillies that flew into me when I made a delivery to Sugar Cube Corner? The one that tried to eat my tail?"[/colour]

Pinkie Pie nodded enthusiastically as she re-lashed another rolling pin with a frond of seaweed, which was trying to float away. [colour=#ED458B]"Yes, that's the very Pumpkin! She's quite a little artist. I once let her loose in the bakery with some crayons. It took a few weeks to get rid of all the markings, but some of them were really good! Funny how a baby pony will draw on everything but the paper you give her, huh?"[/colour] Pinkie pointed behind Razor. [colour=#ED458B]"You might want to duck! There's a pretty big wave behind you! Teehee!" [/colour]She pulled out her infamous rainbow umbrella hat and plopped it on top of her head, grinning at the poor sandcat griffon. The raft jerked and bounced atop the waves. The seas were definitely getting more choppy.

...a crackle of thunder flashed in the distance, followed by a salty gust of wind. A storm was brewing!

Razor groaned and rubbed his head, [colour=#FF0000]"Following a map made by a fledgling. What's next?"[/colour]

Razor watched as Pinkie tied down another rolling pin and felt a shiver up his spine, 'Something bads gonna happen. I just know it.' He thought.

[colour=#ED458B]"You might want to duck! There's a pretty big wave behind you! Teehee!" [/colour]

Razor twitched, [colour=#FF0000]"You're....joking right?"[/colour] He slowly turned, and his eyes went small then large, almost bulging from his head as he saw the wave approach. Worse it wasn't just one wave, it was a whole storm!

[colour=#FF0000]"AHHHHHHHH!" Ra[/colour]zor screamed, "No[colour=#FF0000] no no no no no!" He [/colour]sank his claws into the rolling pins more as the raft went over the waves again and again. He wondered how long it would be before the raft fell apart.

[colour=#FF0000]"Wait a minute! I can fly," He[/colour] said and grabbed Pinkie, [colour=#FF0000]"Hang on we're-" [/colour]But before Razor could take off a big splash of water hit him, gettin him soaked and his wings useless till they dried.

Razor just stood there, eyes wide and feathers wet for a moment before screaming, "[colour=#FF0000]We're gonna die!!!!"[/colour]

Pinkie Pie noticed a fish on her raft deposited by the big wave. She gently nudged it back into the water, then turned and hugged the damp griffon. [colour=#ED458B]"Nonsense! Cap'n Pinkie D. Pie will not let you meet a briny demise! I've got my trusty map, my ship, my first matey, annnd, I think that's it, right? Oh, can you grab that rolling pin? It's trying to float away again." [/colour]Their "ship" lurched and groaned as the water grew choppier. Waves licked up the sides of the damp, wooden rolling pins, threatening to wash over the deck. [colour=#ED458B]"Hmm, we need something to steer with. I have an idea! Razor, you grab the mast and stick your behind in the water, and use those legs as a rudder! I'll steer us with your beak! It's the most perfectest and smartest plan ever!"[/colour]

Razor looked at Pinkie with a look that asked if she was serious. He opened his mouth to say something until another wave of water splashed into him and knocked him down.

[colour=#FF0000]"I-"[/colour] Razor began as he got up and was struck by another wave.

[colour=#FF0000]"-think-" [/colour]Again another wave splashed him.

[colour=#FF0000]"-stop with the water!!!"[/colour] He shouted as another wave hit him.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh......I think I'm gonna be-"[/colour] Razor covered his mouth and, looking a bit green. He grabbed a floating pin and placed it back on the raft. He got up and shook himself, still soaked. His wings all floppy from the water.

[colour=#FF0000]"This is crazy! Whats next!?!"[/colour] He shouted, blinking confused when he felt the raft starting to go up something. A large wave to be exact.

[colour=#ED458B]"Weeee! Heeheehee!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie said happily, as the raft crested over large mounds of choppy sea water. [colour=#ED458B]"Up and down, up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down!" [/colour]Pinkie stopped and blinked, poking her sandcat griffon friend. [colour=#ED458B]"Huh? The water isn't going to stop, silly! Now are ya going to be my rudder or not? This ship isn't going to steer itself you know!"[/colour]

She pointed to the back of the "boat," grinning. [colour=#ED458B]"Plllllease? I doubt a shark will eat you. This water probably only has hungry whales, giant squids, or sea monsters! Nothing to really worry about!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]

[colour=#ED458B]"Weeee! Heeheehee!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie said happily, as the raft crested over large mounds of choppy sea water. [colour=#ED458B]"Up and down, up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down, [/colour][colour=#ED458B]up and down!" [/colour]

[/colour]

Razor groaned as the raft went up and down, and as Pinkie said it over and over again, [colour=#FF0000]"I....think I'm gonna." [/colour]He covered his mouth and rushed to the edge raft and threw up. He plopped down on the raft and groaned in agony.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh.....I know this place has Krakens....I fought one once. Besides I don't think using me as a rudder is gonna work."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Another wave hit him, leaving a fish in his mouth. He spat the fish out and groaned as he just lay there, beak dragging against the water, [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Oh Talons and Feathers, all we need now is a tidal wave to add to this."[/colour] The storm was getting worse now as the waves got bigger and bigger and the wind blew more and more savagly, pushing them further out to sea and towards unknown danger and locations.

Pinkie Pie poked her chin, looking over the raft. She looked back to Razor as the poor griffon appeared to throw up. [colour=#ED458B]"Eek! Oh my! I had no idea griffons could turn green! That sure is neat!"[/colour] Another wave caused the raft to lift upward and fall. She giggled as she watched the griffon spit out a fishie. [colour=#ED458B]"I need something to use as a rudder! Something long that can steer around in the water. Hmm. Hmmmmmm!" [/colour]

The pink mare stood up, then looked between her legs. Her head hung upside down as she swished her tail. HER TAIL! She did an awkard somersault and landed on her rump, causing water to lap over the sides of the raft. [colour=#ED458B]"I've got it, Razor! We'll use my tail! It's so fluffy and bouncy I'm sure it'll be perfect to steer!" [/colour]

Pinkie proudly dipped her poofy pink tail in the salt water. It instantly deflated and fell straight. She pulled it out of the water, looking it over incredulously. Several fish had latched on! She wriggled her rump, trying to shake them off. [colour=#ED458B]"That was unexpected! I guess we're doomed. Phooey!"[/colour]

Just then, a crack of thunder split across the sky, and heavy rain began to fall.

Razor jumped when the lightning cracked, [colour=#FF0000]"We're doomed! I knew I should have known something was going to happen! I should have known!" [/colour]Razor gripped his head and groaned. When the rain fell growled, [colour=#FF0000]"I hate getting wet."[/colour]

The storm was blowng wildly now, sending them over crashing waves and surges of water. With all of this water it was a miracle that the raft stayed in one piece at all. Though Razor felt for sure he saw two or three pieces floating away.

[colour=#FF0000]"Look, we got to try to find someland! Otherwise we're gonna drown!"[/colour] He shouted over the boom of thunder,[colour=#FF0000] "I got better eye sight so I'll look. You....do whatever it is you do at a time like this." [/colour]

With that Razor tried to get a good focus on the horizon, but mostly all he saw was waves and more water. Still he wasn't going to giv up! He was not going to die here! [colour=#FF0000]"ARGH! What I would give for just a small island!"[/colour] He kept looking and stopped at a dark image in the distance. The flash of lightning and the surging waves made getting a lock on the image difficult, but....it looked like an island.....didn't it?

[colour=#FF0000]"I think I see something!"[/colour] He said pointing towards the location as he looked over to Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie nodded knowingly, hanging on tight to her mast...which incidentally was also a thin mop handle with several sheets lashed to it. The raft rose and fell with each wave like a rollercoaster. She bit her lower lip, looking over to her feathery friend as she heard him remark about getting wet. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh gee, you silly birdie! If you don't like getting wet, why'd ya volunteer to sail on my ship?! Well hm, I know!" [/colour]Pinkie pulled out her rainbow head-umbrella and stuck it on Razor's head, grinning. [colour=#ED458B]"There ya go! That'll keep you dry. Er...at least your noggin! Ooh, another big wave! Hold on! WEEEEE!" [/colour]

The pink mare shook her head. [colour=#ED458B]"Pfft, we're not gonna drown! Ooh, you see something?! Hey, it does look like an island! Or it could be a big sea monster coming to gobble us up! I wonder which one it is?!" [/colour]Pinkie held on to the mast again as more chilly, salty waves lapped onto the deck, rain pelting down on the pair. Her normally floofy mane straightened out as she become soaked with rain and salt spray, but it didn't seem to affect her at all! [colour=#ED458B]"Hang in there, little pal! Cap'n Pinkie will sail her ship to safety...somehow!"[/colour]

Razor placed his claws over his beak as they went over another wave.[colour=#FF0000] "Ugh....make this stop....please." [/colour]He pointed to the island. At least he hoped it was an island.

[colour=#FF0000]"Island or sea monster....anything is better then this constant motion of waves."[/colour] He said, covering his beak again. He looked a bit green around the feathers again.

Still the only problem was getting there. He didn't want to risk letting the waves do that....they might go some other direction. He looked at Pinkie with a look of shock as they kept getting pushed by the waves. How did she enjoy this?

[colour=#FF0000]'She can't be normal. No normal creature has this much fun in a life and death situation.'[/colour] He thought.

He rubbed his beak and tried to figure out a plan. He was a griffon, a survival expert. He could figure something out......he hoped. He looked at the mast. Maybe.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey, hand me that mast. I want to see if it can act as a make shift oar."[/colour] He said, besides it was not like this raft wasn't going to get any more trashed. He swore he saw another pin float away.

Pinkie Pie hopped up and down, which caused more of her rolling pins to drift away. Their raft was getting smaller and smaller. Icy drops of rain pattered against the doomed craft, which stung coat and feather with a sharp chill of each little impact. The mare adjusted her umbrella on Razor's head, grinning and giggling. [colour=#ED458B]"You know, you look really cute with that hat! You can have it if you'd like! I have a few dozen spares!" [/colour]Pinkie patted her feathery pal warmly on his damp shoulder, turning her attention to the mast.

[colour=#ED458B]"I don't see why not! Here ya go! Happy Birthday! Weee!" [/colour]She grabbed the mast and easily plucked it out from between the floor pins, casually tossing it in Razor's direction. [colour=#ED458B]"There ya go, First Matey! Whatcha goin' to do with it?!"[/colour]

Razor caught the...mast...and removed the cloth. He blinked and looked away from Pinkie when she called him cute.

[colour=#FF0000]"I...uh....please stop hopping."[/colour] He stuttered. He looked up at the hat on his head, finally realizing it was there.

[colour=#FF0000]"I wondered why it was dry there."[/colour] He said to himself and looked over to Pinkie. He removed the hat and put it back on her, [colour=#FF0000]"Here. You could use some....cover. I'll just ignore the wet."[/colour] With that done he put the cloth in his mouth for now as he plucked another floating away rolling pin.

[colour=#FF0000]"I hofe nofony ith using thith."[/colour] He said, and bared his claws.

He swept his claws at lightning pace across the pin, before stopping. The pin seemed whole for a moment before falling to pieces and leaving a relatively flat piece of wood now. It wasn't as large as he wanted, but it would have to do.

He looked down at the ever continuing destruction of their boat. If this didn't work....well....he didn't want to think on that.

He took the cloth out of his mouth,[colour=#FF0000] "I hope this works." [/colour]He said as he placed the flat piece of wood against the mast and tied the cloth about it as tight as he could. He shook the make shift paddle, and felt confident that the cloth would hold the two pieces of wood together....for now.

[colour=#FF0000]"Not the best but beggers can't be choosers." [/colour]He said and gripped his paddle around where the cloth was and struck it into the water and rowed. His muscles strained but he rowed them forward a bit.

[colour=#FF0000]"Yes!" [/colour]He cheered, but saw another pin float away and got back to the slow rowing. Time for cheers later, if there would be time for that.

Razor rowed and rowed with the distant image of the island, as he felt sure it was an island now, getting closer. His tail twitched in excitement. Nothing could stop them now!

Razor looked back to Pinkie with a smirk, but frowned and his happy face was replaced with one of pure terror. Eyes wide as he stared up at the rather large large wave that was ascending over them.

Everything except that it seemed. Razor screamed, [colour=#FF0000]"AHHHHHH!"[/colour] He rowed as hard as he could, trying to fight as they were lifted up with the waters of the wave. Seeing the futility of the effort he dropped the paddle and grabbed Pinkie in a tight hold.

[colour=#FF0000]"We're gonna die!"[/colour] He screamed as the wave crashed over them.

The whole world went dark and blue, and spinny as the torrential force of the water moved them. Razor held his breath, eyes closed as he waited for the end. But it wasn't and where there was once muffled sounds of raging water became loud again and air filled his lungs again as he felt himself being dragged against a grainy surface.

He opened his eyes to the falling rain and looked to the ground. A dark surface that felt grainy and wet greeted his eyes, and further away he saw what seemed to be palm trees. Land.

They had made it to the island, alive and well it seemed. Razor took this as a small comfort before letting himself fall to exhaustion.

Pinkie Pie grinned warmly as the griffon gave her the rainbow umbrella hat back, watching him claw up a rolling pin into a rather fashionable-looking paddle. [colour=#ED458B]"That's SO neat! I bet you'd be very handy at Sugarcube Corner with slicing bread and cakes with claws like those! Mrs. Cake has a really long, really dull knife that takes forever to cut pastries! I knew I could count on you, First Mate Razor!" [/colour]The mare thumped the griffon warmly across the back, humming to herself as she watched him paddle her craft. She burst into song to give him a little encourgement:

[colour=#ED458B]"Sing hey, sing ho! Sing hey, sing ho! Heave and ho, heave and ho! We dunno where we're going, so my griffon buddy will just keep on rowing! Whoops, there goes another plank! Laaa la la la laaa!"[/colour]

She was, of course, oblivious to the huge wave that easily swallowed the boat. Pinkie Pie held her breath deeply as the murky deep pulled her under. Icy water pushed her from every direction. Her cheeks bulged out, and her face took a lovely shade of green. A few moments later, she felt herself airborne from the sea. She toppled onto a dark, sandy beach, tumbling over bits of seaweed. She came rest on her back, wet drops of rain pattering against the sand around her. She spat out a live crab, which shook its claw at her and skittered off. She sat up, looking around frantically. [colour=#ED458B]"Razor? RAZOR?! Where are yoooou?!"[/colour]

Razor remaind out for a time before he felt something pecking at his head. He opened his eyes a little dizzy to see the beak of a fiddler crab pinching his head.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh....mugh....ugh."[/colour] he groaned, swatted at the crustacean, knocking it away. He looked about, still feeling the falling rain against his damp feathers. He got up and moved from the raging sea line and closer to land. He shook himself to get excess water off, but he knew that it would be awhile for work and preening before his feathers were good for flight.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh....Pinkie? Pinkie?"[/colour] He called, looking about. But he could not find the happy pink pony. A sudden feeling of dread came over him and he looked out towards the sea. He ran and screamed as loud as he could over the roar of thunder.

[colour=#FF0000]"PINKIE!!!!"[/colour] He roared. He shook his head, [colour=#FF0000]"No...no can't think that. No not good. She...she must have made it. Yeah, got to think that....probably somewhere else on the island."[/colour]

Razor didn't know Pinkie that well, but he would feel terrible if she was swallowed by the sea. She had family no doubt, and if what he could guess with the Cakes, of what little he knew of them, they would be devestated if something had happened to Pinkie.

[colour=#FF0000]"She....hopefully washed up somewhere else on the island....I hope. But for now I got to find some shelter and get out of this rain."[/colour] He said, turning to look towards the dark jungle. He felt sure there was no doubt any possible number of dangers. But he was a griffon, and he feared nothing. Well....except maybe his mother when she was angry, but that was something else entirely.

Razor sniffed the air, but got nothng but salt scent, [colour=#FF0000]"Bah...her scents probably washed up in this storm....I hope it passes soon. If she is here that is."[/colour] He hoped that she was, he didn't want to give the bad news if she wasn't.

And so Razor stepped into the jungle, looking for shelter, and in he hoped some sign that Pinkie was okay. The continued booming of thunder filled the air, and Razor knew he would have to use all his skills of survival and hunting if he wanted to get out of this alive.

--------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the shadows of the jungle something else lurked. A predator that made this island its home. And this stormy night, it was hunting.

Pinkie Pie skipped happily along the beach, her pink coat drenched in rain. She didn't mind the thunder, or the big foamy waves that lapped up on the beach. It was like a shower with an extra show! A fierce crackle of thunder split across the sky, followed by more torrents of rain. [colour=#ED458B]"Weee! It's like a big bowling ball striking into pins, only pins are water clouds! The pegasi are really outdoing themselves with this little stormy-warmy!" [/colour]Pinkie said to herself. She combed along the beach, shaking water out of her mane, which was no longer curly, and quite flat from all the dampness. She scanned the choppy water now and then to see if her pal Razor was still taking a swim, but she only saw froth and waves.

She cleared her throat. [colour=#ED458B]"Razzzzoor! Little buddy, where are you!?" [/colour]She trotted further, until she came across a curious griffon-shaped indent in the sand. Several feathers poked up. She plucked one up. It was a shade of sandy sandcat, and she knew that colour could only belong to one griffon. [colour=#ED458B]"Ahah! I knew he'd be okay! I'll find my First Mate Razor soon enough!"[/colour] Pinkie collected the lost feathers and stuck them in her damp mane, then skipped toward the jungle, humming merrily to herself.

Meanwhile...

Razor moved through the jungle forest, leaping and ducking over creeper vines and the fallen tree. The rain occasionally hit him, but the thick trees gave him some cover, but his wings were still wet. Very...very wet.

[colour=#FF0000]"Ugh, my wings are going to take forever to dry and get the feathers realigned." [/colour]He said, as he glanced about as he heard the occasional sound of a jungle beast or some other creature that made this island home.

Razor was a griffon, and a survival expert, without a superior at least in his mind, and could survive in any sort of enviroment. But he had never been in a jungle like enviroment alot...at all actually. Granted he knew what to expect and what was good and what wasn't, but knowing and doing were two different things.

[colour=#FF0000]'Not to mention I have a lost pink pony here. I better find her quick before some leopard does...or worse.'[/colour] He thought. He sniffed the air, trying to catch a whif of Pinkie's scent, but was still having a difficult time. All he could smell was salt water and jungle.

[colour=#FF0000]"Maybe I should try to call.....its risky but sometimes risk is needed to be taken."[/colour] Razor said before taking a deep breath and exhaling in a mighty and loud griffon roar.

----------------------------------------------

The predator stalked through the jungle brush, moving with uncanny stealth and precisson. It was shocked to hear the loud roar from an unknown creature in its territory. Investigation of a possible threat would be needed, but first. Food.

The predator could hear the soft humming noise coming through the jungle. And so it went to investigate, following the source silently as it went.

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie skipped along, enjoying the warm jungle air. The storm was beginning to pass, replacing dampness with warm humidity, leaving a fresh, ionized scent to the air. It was refreshing, mingled with wild jungle flowers, and the smell of salty marine. A chorus of insects hummed from scrub and bush. The pink mare noticed a tall, thin tree with several coconuts ripe up top. She wasn't hungry, but she knew she needed them. Now. [colour=#ED458B]"Coconuts, come to me!" [/colour]Pinkie said dramatically, motioning to the air. They didn't obey. New plan! She made like her gal pal Applejack, kicked her hind legs up, and gave a sharp jab at the lithe tree truck. She shook all over, clearly not used to using her hooves this way. The coconuts shook, palm fronds rustling. Thump thump thump! Three large, brown coconuts thudded to the sand. Pinkie gathered them in her arms, grinning. Coconut milk sloshed inside the fruit.

[colour=#ED458B]"Prrrrresenting the amazing Pinkie, juggle-mare extraordinaire! Watch as she juggles three big huge super heavy coconuts at once! Weee!" [/colour]She threw the coconuts in the air, giggling, before getting a good rhythm going. She trotted around in the sand, gazing upward to keep her coordination in check. Whooomoomomooomom! The fruit whizzed through the air heavily, in full juggling motion. [colour=#ED458B]"Thank you, thank you! I will accept all autographs and chocolate!" [/colour]She trotted through the jungle brush, casually juggling the brown orbs. [colour=#ED458B]"Razor! Where are you little buddy?! Come check out my coconut juggling trick!"[/colour]

She heard some rustling from a bush behind her. She could faintly make out menacing yellow eyes. [colour=#ED458B]"R-Razor, is that you? Razor?" [/colour]The pink mare ran into a low-creeping vine, losing control of her coconuts. They sailed off toward the pair of yellow eyes. She could faintly make out a thump, followed by a growl, a hiss, and a rustling of leaves. The eyes were gone. [colour=#ED458B]"Oopsie! Sorry about that!" [/colour]Pinkie said sheepishly to the bush. [colour=#ED458B]"I hope you weren't Razor! Where is that silly gryphon, anyway?!"[/colour]

The predator growled and shook its head as the coconuts hit its head. It snarled and moved away. It would find other prey that did not fire such painful defenses.

For now though it moved on.

-----------------------------------------------

Razor was glad the rain stopped, but it would be awhile till he could fly. His wings were wet and the feathers would need some preening. But all that aside he had to find Pinkie, before something else did.

[colour=#ED458B]"Razor! Where are you little buddy?! Come check out my coconut juggling trick!"[/colour]

Razor stopped when he heard that. He looked back the way he had entered came,[colour=#FF0000] "Pinkie?" [/colour]He turned and moved back.

[colour=#FF0000]"Pinkie. That you?" [/colour]He called as he kept going. If she was here then it would be a weight off his shoulders.

He leaped over a bush and landed, and there before him was Pinkie. He sighed in relief.

[colour=#FF0000]"Pinkie. Glad to see your...."[/colour] Razor stopped talking and sniffed about. Something had been here.

He looked around for a moment, crouched low as he scanned about the brush. Nothing...for now. He looked back to Pinkie, [colour=#FF0000]"You okay?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie nodded enthusiastically. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh yeah! I'm just fine! I'm glad you weren't blown out to sea, struck by lightning, eaten by a sea monster, or something!" [/colour]She squeezed the diminutive griffon in a solid earth pony hug, before turning her attention to several clusters of red flowers. [colour=#ED458B]"I feel kinda salty of swimming in the ocean. I wonder if there's a shower around here? Hmm!" [/colour]She inhaled the flowers, enjoying their lush tropical scent. She turned to Razor, grinning. [colour=#ED458B]"Ah...AH...AAAAH~CHOO!" [/colour]She wiped her nose, her eyes watering. [colour=#ED458B]"Oopsie! I think I sniffled too much pollen. So Razor, what should we do next?! Oooh, I know!"[/colour]

The pink mare reached behind herself, and pulled out a soggy swath of parchment. [colour=#ED458B]"Our map! Treasure huntin' time, matey! We'll just follow this squiggly little line -- hey, you know what? This map looks nothing like our island. See?" [/colour]She held up the "map," sticking it in Razor's face. [colour=#ED458B]"Maybe we're on the wrong side? Hmm! Well, let's get going! We have about a mile of dangerous jungle to cover to get to the other side! La la la!" [/colour]Pinkie skipped off toward the deep jungle brush, leaving Razor in her wake. She totally passed all the huge predator tracks in doing so...[colour=#ED458B] [/colour]

Archived