[Bridlebank Beach] No Mare Is An Island (Closed; Sandcat)

Rosewind

Razor found himself in another one of Pinkie's hugs. He swore he could hear his ribs crack, " Pinkie....great to see you....now let me go." He choked, trying to breath. He took a deep breath when he was free. Were all Earth Ponies this strong?

"Nah, I wouldn't meet my end so easily. I'm just glad your alive. For a moment thought you had met a terrible end." He said. Though, that might not be far off he thought as he watched Pinkie sniff some red flowers.

"Pinkie becareful. You don't know what those flowers could be. A lot of poisonous stuff lives and grows in jungles. You can't just..." He stopped when she sneezed. He covered his face with a wing and sighed, "Never mind."

He shook his head at Pinkie's antics, "Well I think we should..." Razor started, but stopped when Pinkie pulled out a map, and thrust it into his face at one point, "Wait...treasure? You want to look for treasure, when we're stuck on an island? With no food or water?" He felt sure that Pinkie was too lost in her own little world, and his eyes widened as he listened more. He followed after her as she hopped on, "You want to walk through miles of unknown terrain?" He stopped when he felt a slight indent in the ground and looked down. There, he saw a paw print. A big one. He blinked and placed one of his cat legs down in the print. It was two or three times bigger, and differently formed. Jaguar? Maybe leopard. Or maybe something else. And worse they seemed to be going in the direction Pinkie was hopping.

"Uh...Pinkie....Pinkie." He called, catching up with her. He had a bad feeling.

--------------------------------------------

The large jungle cat prowled through the underbrush, stopping as it heard the sound of something going, la la la. It turned its head curious. Was something following it? Unsure, but also curious of a possible meal. The cat lurked in the darker shadows of the bush and waited, and watched a pink pony, the one that hit its head, and a strange bird cat. A curious pair, but a possible meal.

Still wary of the pink pony, the predator still needed to eat. And so for now, decided to follow. And perhaps, find an angle of attack.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[colour=#ED458B]"You're hungry?" [/colour]Pinkie Pie piped up. [colour=#ED458B]"Why didn't ya say so?!" [/colour]The crazy pink mare dug in her saddlebag, withdrawing a picnic basket and a checkerboard blanket. She laid it flat and sat down hard, causing sand to flume out. It did have a lovely view of the beach, with sandy-white beaches dotted with swaths of green seaweed and shards of driftwood.. [colour=#ED458B]"I planned ahead! I brought you a fishy sandwich, Razor!" [/colour]She withdrew a sandwich, which was certainly no ordinary sandwich, considering Pinkie made it. It had a whole fish on it, yes, but it also had whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, more sprinkles, and a squat, green birthday candle atop. [colour=#ED458B]"Sorry we can't light it! Just pretend it's lit when you pretend blow it out!"[/colour]

She thrust the sandwich in front of the griffon, grinning ear to ear. She withdraw a hay sandwich herself (also covered in whipped cream, sprinkles, and lots of melted chocolate) and crammed it in her gob. Her cheeked extended as she chewed thoughtfully, blissfully unaware of the pair of eyes watching them from behind...

Razor blinked and stared at the sandwich. It looked less like a sandwich and more like some sort of sugary concoction. Watching Pinkie devour hers caused his mouth to hang open.

'Did she really eat that!?' He thought in shock. If that was what she ate normally, it was no wonder she was so hyper.

"Uh...thanks." He said, and he was a bit hungry. So he tried to just eat the fish part, he wasn't much of a sugar eater except on rare occasions.

He opened his mouth to take a bite, but stopped and looked around. Something was nearby.

-----------------------

The leopard lurked slowly in the shadows, angled behind the pink pony. Its legs bent low, ready to pounce for the kill.

Without warning the leopard leaped out of the brush with a growl and charged towards the pink pony and bird-cat. Jaw with fangs opened wide and claws coming out as it pounced.

------------------------

Razor snapped his head and his eyes widened as he saw the huge jungle cat leap from the brush and pouncing towards Pinkie. Reflex took over and grabbed Pinkie and shoved her to the side and down low. of course doing so put him into the jaguar's path as the jungle cat cleared the distance between them and slammed into Razor, knocking him to the ground.

Razor moved fast and put a claw up to keep the leopards teeth from getting at him. But the persistent predator swiped at him with his claws and pushed down with its weight. And Razor was strong, but not strong enough to take on a top jungle predator on the ground. He growled and swiped his free claw at the leopard, getting it across the brow and kicked out with his hind legs into the cats stomach, and managed to force it off of him. He rolled and got up and snarled.

The leopard charged again, but Razor leaped to the side. His wings were still relatively useless for flight, and Pinkie would be an easy target for such a creature, so the only option left was to run away. He saw some of those red flowers that Pinkie had sniffed and grabbed some, shoving them into the leopards face when it charged again.

The pollen caused the cat to sneeze and shake its head, trying to get the pollen out. It sneezed more and snarled as it rubbed its eyes as pollen got in there as well. Razor took this time to turn and run, grabbing Pinkie's hoof and pulling her along.

"We're out of here!" He said and ran, hoping to put distance between themselves and the cat.

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie was happily chewing on her hay-and-candy sandwich when...a kitty pounced them?! She choked down her bite of food, whipped cream flying in various directions as Razor tackled her. [colour=#ED458B]"Wah?! What's goin' on?!" [/colour]she screeched, tumbling head over tail. She blinked, watching the griffon play with the "kitty" in the sand, albeit upside down, as she was resting on her head from the sudden spill. [colour=#ED458B]"Wooo! Go get'um, Razor! Hey, that kitty is getting all sandy...he must be a sandcat! Teehee! Waaoh!"[/colour]

She watched as the griffon shoved flowers in the kitty's face, causing it to sneeze. Poofs of bright yellow pollen puffed into the air. [colour=#ED458B]"Heeey! That looks kinda like confetti!" [/colour]She really had no idea the cat was viewing the pair as an easy meal...or maybe it was just interested in her delicious Pinkie Pie specialty sandwiches. Regardless, she felt herself tugged to her hooves. She shook her poofy mane, spraying bits of sand and dried plant matter in various directions, as Razor grabbed her hoof and led her away from their impromptu picnic site. [colour=#ED458B]"What?! Where are we goin'? I had an extra sandwich we could have given that big kitty if he wanted one! Eek!"[/colour]

Razor kept pulling Pinkie along, till they reached a lagoon no doubt in the center or so of the island. He looked around, and seeing nothing in pursuit collapsed to the ground exhausted. Griffons were flyers, and so their running skills were not as top mark. So Razor was exhausted now.

He looked at Pinkie, "Sandwich? That over grown cat doesn't want a sandwich, it wanted a Pinkie Pie steak." He took a deep breath and got back up.

"I think we lost it. But we should be careful in this place. Who knows if it will show up again." He looked to the lagoon, and taste tested the water. It was fresh and clean, so that solved one problem he felt they had.

After all of that, Razor needed a break. He walked over to the edge of the lagoon and sat down, lounged in the rays of the sun piercing through the trees to help his feathers dry more.

"Look uh...finding treasure sounds fun...especially with a map made by a baby unicorn...but maybe we could take a break for a moment. All that running has me exhausted, and I'd like to get my feathers fixed before we do anything else that might get us into trouble."

'Though with this girl, I think trouble is all I'm gonna get.' He thought, watching Pinkie do whatever it was she did.

There was something odd about her attitude. She just seemed so....happy. Hyperactive, which he could get given her diet which he felt could not be healthy. She was giddy, laughy and pretty the opposite to him in a lot of ways. Not to mention she liked to remind him of his height and was guidable to a fault. Something he felt sure others exploited, which when made him a bit angry when he thought about. He didn't think it was honorable to exploit somepony or griffon like that.

The most confusing though was her sheer lack of ability to see the reality of their situations. Through the entire attack and flight she seemed to think it was a game! Did she take anything seriously? Razor groaned and took a drink from the lagoon. He felt for sure he was going to have to pull her puffy tail out of any number of possible hazards.

"So, what have you been up to since I last saw you?" He asked, deciding that if they were going to rest for a moment might as well talk.

Pinkie Pie trotted after Razor as the griffon led her to the center of the island. She was content to follow along, as he seemed to know where he was going. [colour=#ED458B]"Huh? Have you been here before, or do griffons just have a re~ally good sense of direction?" [/colour]Her ears drooped as Razor told her of the wild kitty's intentions. [colour=#ED458B]"P-Pinkie Pie steak?! What would that even taste like?" [/colour]She stopped trotting for a moment, holding her pink hoof in front of her face. A moment passed, before she extended her tongue and licked it. Slobber ran down her arm, dripping to the grass. [colour=#ED458B]"Hmm, I taste like whipped cream and...pat~oohey...sand!" [/colour]She made her way to Razor and licked his cheek. [colour=#ED458B]"Annnnd you taste like feathers, sand, and fishy whipped cream! Teeheeehee!"[/colour]

The unlikely duo finally made it to the lagoon. It was quite serene, with a lush, misty waterfall spilling into the pool, giving it a welcoming shimmer like thousands of colourful jewels. Pinkie watched Razor take a drink and talk about feathers or something. [colour=#ED458B]"Oooo! Good idea! Let's go for a swim!" [/colour]She ran up behind the little griffon and gave him a hefty shove, then held her nose with the back of her hoof, took several steps back, and made a mare cannonball into the clear water.

[colour=#40e0d0]KERSPLASH! [/colour]

Razor blinked as Pinkie licked him. He wasn't sure if he should be blushing or feeling weird. But when she said swim, he immediately started to panic.

"Uh Pinkie I don't really-" But before he could say anything else he was shoved into the water.

SPLASH!!

Razor blinked as he floated underwater before he floated to the surface with a gasp of air, "Pin-" he was caught off by the pink pony jumping in and the splash sending water into his face. He floated there with a rather irritated look. He slowly turned to glare at the pink pony.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny." He splashed some water at Pinkie, mostly out of irritation. He hated being wet, and he wasn't exactly a swimmer. He knew enough to keep from drowning, a near fatal accident involving almost drowning taught him that was an important skill to at least have somewhat. But most griffons did not like getting into water deeper then their knees. He swam to the shore and got out, shaking himself off.

"I'm not much of a swimmer Pinkie. You swim, I'll watch." He said, hoping that would be the end of the wetness and could start the drying. But then again....he was with Pinkie.

He looked around for any signs of danger before turning back to Pinkie. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he found the way her mane hung when wet kinda interesting. It certainly looked better wet then feathers did. And despite the headaches it caused him, her cheery attitude lightened the ever heavy mood of their situation.

'Now we just got to figure out how to get home.' He thought. As he thought on this, he didn't see the snake slowly lower itself from an over hanging branch. The serpent was rather big and looked at the griffon with emotionless eyes.

"

Pinkie splashed around in the lagoon, giggling. It was funny to see Razor's reaction to the water -- and being constantly wet. Since they had started their adventure he was nearly drowned and eaten by a wild island kitty. [colour=#ED458B]"Pfft! What fun is it to watch swimming when you can swim!? Oooh, fishy!" [/colour]Pinkie dove down into the pool and came up with a brightly-coloured tropical fish in her hooves. It flopped around, smacking her in the face several times with its tail. She flailed and dropped it, falling over backwards.

As her mane was wet, it was no longer curly and poofy. It was very long, and it hung in straight locks down the sides of her face. She shook water out of her mane, blinking her clear blue eyes at her little griffon pal. [colour=#ED458B]"Oh, right! We need to go hunt for the treasure! Where did I put Pumpkin's map?" [/colour]She dove her hoof into the water and withdrew it, pulling out the soggy, crayon-slathered parchment. [colour=#ED458B]"Ahah! Here it is! It says we need to look for a biiiig volcano! Do you see one anywhere, Razor?"[/colour]

"Simple. I don't like swimming. Its the cat in me. We hate water." He said.

Razor felt himself being watched and looked around for that cat again, and came face to face with the snake. He stared at it before flailing back, and falling back into the water with a splash. The snake just stared and then slithered off.

Razor emerged from the water, "Wet...always wet." He said to himself and got out...again.

He looked over at Pinkie as she played. And he licked his beak at the sight of some, non sugar covered fresh fish.

When she got out the map again he face clawed, "How can you read that? Its probably illegible by now." He sighed and decided to go along with it.

"Volcano....I don't know. I think I might have saw a mountain...but I'd need to be airborn to get a good look, that or climb a tall tree." He said.

"So....how about you play and I'll just lay here for an hour or so to let my wings dry. I'll fly up and find your volcano. I'm pretty sure you have no intention of designing a way off this piece of sand and jungle till we do." He said, laying flat and his wings out stretched in the sun.

Pinkie Pie shook her head, causing more water to spray everywhere from her drenched mane. [colour=#ED458B]"Fly!? That's cheating! We're pirates on an adventure, matey! I think we should run through that scary-looking jungle over there until we smack into a volcano! Maybe it'll be spewing lava and we can roast marshmallows!"[/colour]

The pink mare glanced down at her map, which was a little worse for wear. Part of it was falling apart, and the rest of it was washed with various colours of crayon. [colour=#ED458B]"This map was written with love by Pumpkin! She has foaltuition! She's able to find anything she wants -- so she can stick it in her mouth. I've been trying to break her out of the habit, but she's pretty firm about doing it. Maybe she'll grow up to be a lollipop tester or something!" [/colour]Pinkie broke into a trot for the jungle. It curled open in front of the pair like a big, gaping maw. It was dark, with nary a wisp of sunlight able to penetrate the thick canopy of various tropical trees. [colour=#ED458B]"Whee, this looks fun! C'mon Razor! Stop playing with that big snake and let's go! There's treasure and adventure ahead!"[/colour]

Razor groaned and rubbed his head. Then he got up swiftly when he saw Pinkie walking off into the jungle, "Pinkie wait!"

He ran and caught up with her, "Pinkie, are you even sure this is wise?"

He watched the surroundings, ready to pounce if anything attacked. Pinkie however just seemed to go along without any sense of the dangers.

"So we find a volcano. And you expect that watered down map to lead us to one?" He said, very doubtful of that.

Pinkie Pie nodded, trotting along. She stepped over fallen logs and vines. She studied her map carefully as Razor followed beside her. Without looking away, she reached up and plucked a banana out of nowhere. She casually peeled it and stuffed it in her mouth, pointing to a smudge on her "map." [colour=#ED458B]"Mrrpf! Seeph Razor? We...nom nom...first we have to go through that cave shaped like a griffon's skull. It should be right ahead! Think about how fun a big, dark, scary cave on a deserted island will be! WooooOooooo!" [/colour]She reached up and plucked a pineapple, followed by several different coloured fruits. She may as well have been making a tropical fruit salad from her impromptu foraging.

[colour=#ED458B]"I know what'cher thinking, Razor! We must trust in Pumpkin. Ooh, hold this!" [/colour]Pinkie Pie dropped her armful of fruit into the little griffon's arms, pulling several large leaves and vines out of the way.

Sure enough, the pair stood before a cave with an entrance shaped like a craggy, rocky griffon's skull. She peered over her shoulder excitedly. [colour=#ED458B]"Ahoy, matey! We found it! Let's go in!"[/colour] Without another moment's hesitation, Pinkie skipped, hopped, and bounced for the shrouded maw. A low moan emanated within as she was whisked into the shadows, leaving Razor in the uneasy, natural chorus of the jungle.

Razor rolled his eyes, "Right. Trust a fledgling. If this map leads anywhere, I'll buy the little foal anything she wants."

He watched as Pinkie gathered up fruit after fruit, "What you gonna do, make a fruit hat?" He chuckled until she dropped the fruit in his claws, "Hey, why do I....have...to..."

He felt his claws go lax and the fruit fall to the ground. His eyes were widening as he stared at the cave....the cave...the map...told about.

"But...but but...but but but....but but...but." He stammered, pointing a claw at the cave, "But...I....you....that....How?"

Razor stood there, beak agap before he realized he was alone.

"Hey Pinkie wait up." He called chasing after her.

Pinkie Pie bounced deeper into the cave. It was damp, with a far-off trickle of water echoing from deep within. Stalactites and stalagmites graced the ceiling and floor in vibrant stacks of colours, formed from the various minerals and water seepage over a long time. [colour=#ED458B]"Heehee! Look at this one, it looks kinda like a big, purple carrot! Razzzzzor! Ooooh! Look, cave paintings!" [/colour]

She bounced up to the wall, pressing her forehooves up to get a better look. Sure enough, ancient paintings of ponies prancing through a prairie were scrawled in ancient ink over the course, rocky wall. [colour=#ED458B]"Hmm, it's kinda dark in here. We need some light!" [/colour]The pink mare glanced around the cave with her large blue eyes, noticing a greenish glow casting against a far wall. The roar of water seemed to increase as she made for the side nook. She came across an outcrop between two large rocks. [colour=#ED458B]"Looks like we'll have to squeeze in. It should be no problem for a little griffon like you, though!" [/colour]

Pinkie stuffed herself head-first through the crevasse. She found herself momentarily stuck, but wriggled her large hips to make her way through. She popped into a room filled with glowing mushrooms! A cloud of glowing spore dust poofed into the air as her flank hit the floor. She sneezed cutely, wiping her nose. [colour=#ED458B]"Ooh, we can use these for light! Help me gather some up, Razor!"[/colour]

Razor's mind was a bucket of gibberish and confusion. All he could think was the words, 'But...but...but.....how....how....what?'

He stopped and tried to set his mind at ease, 'Now calm down Razor....its probably just coincidence. Yeah that's it.' He took a deep breath and followed after Pinkie, his mind now more calm now....at least...he hoped it was all coincidence.

When Pinkie pointed out the cave paintings he looked at the surprised. Did that mean that this island once had civilization on it? When Pinkie said it was dark he chuckled, "Yeah maybe for you. But I guess a little light will do." Being part cat had its advantages.

He followed Pinkie, groaning slightly at the roar of water. He hoped he didn't get wet again. When she made the comment about squeeze and not a problem for him he twitched slightly.

"Is that crack about my size?" He said, a bit irritated. He was not short.

He watched Pinkie try to squeeze through and chuckled when she got stuck, and followed through much more easily when she was in. He blinked a bit to adjust his eyes to the glowing mushrooms light. He felt a bit unsure of picking up a glowing mushroom.

"Uh Pinkie, are you sure its wise to touch these things? I mean they could be poisonous or something."

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie was already chewing on a glowing mushroom as Razor made the comment. Her cheeks bulged as she munched, giving off a pink glow from the luminescent mushroom flesh. She swallowed. [colour=#ED458B]"Huh, really? Do you think they are? They didn't taste funny. In fact, they tasted kinda bright! Heeheheeheehee!" [/colour]She belched loudly, patting her tummy. She looked down, noticing her tongue was also glowing. [colour=#ED458B]"Heyph neat, you know this'ph'd be phun for a party!"[/colour]

The mare started to gather up the glowing fungus, looking to her petite griffon pal. [colour=#ED458B]"I think you should try a few! They taste really neat!"[/colour]

Razor just stared, "You....are......strange." He said simply.

He stared at her glowing tongue, and shook his head when she suggested eating one, "Uh...yeah...I don't think I want my tongue glowing. I'll just leave you to whatever hallucination or odd side effect that stuff does to you."

He thought of Pinkie and how she would act on some sort of whacky hallucination state. He couldn't help but laugh, until Pinkie pushed one of the glowing fungus into his mouth. He swallowed it with a cough, and sticking his tongue out and looking at his glowing taste muscle with wide eyes.

• 2 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie giggled. [colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"Oooh, I don't think I've ever seen a beak glow before! Hey, now that we've got light, let's head for that really scary-looking entrance that leads deeper into the cave! I hope there's no cave monsters, blood-sucking bats, or other creepy crawlies!" [/colour][/colour]She pranced happily out of the cave, her bundle of glowing mushrooms casting an eerie glow about the gnarled cave walls. It was chilly and gloomy, with a heavy smell of wet moss and earth. A drip, drip, drip echoed from the portion of the cave. She cleared her throat, shouting loudly and cheerfully:

[colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"Hellllllooooo? Any big scary cave monsters in here?! I've got a nice, juicy griffon here! Mmmm!" [/colour][/colour]She prodded Razor coyly, prancing deeper into the cavernous maw, her bundles of mushrooms bouncing along. [colour=#282828][colour=#ED458B]"C'mon buddy buddy, let's go go go!"[/colour][/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Razor followed after Pinkie, but his eyes gazed in horror at his glowing tongue and beak.

"I look like a feathered flash light!" He exclaimed, rubbing his head feeling a headache.

When Pinkie made the joke of a big scary monster and eating him he laughed, "Oh ha ha ha. Yeah, I'm going to be the one to be eaten."

He followed after her and poked her side and belly, "If you haven't noticed but you have more meat on your bones then I do. Though you would probably give any cave beast a cavity."

He looked around, his beak offering a light much to his shame. "So...are we any closer to this treasure? Are we going to have to pass some traps or riddle or something. I hope its nothing insane."

He still couldn't believe he was starting to believe this....but so far that map had, amazingly, been right. And if there was the odd chance that treasure could be found Razor certainly wouldn't mind.

He watched Pinkie bounce along, "How do you stay so happy all the time. I don't think I've ever seen you anything but happy." He said, mostly to himself.

Pinkie Pie hopped along, skipping around rocks and patches of pale cave moss. She giggled as the griffon poked her side. "I guess a big scary cave monster would like to eat me first, huh?! They say you are what you eat, so I probably taste like grass, cupcakes, ice cream, and cookies! I'd love to eat me if I was a big-scary-warey monster!" She skipped skipped skipped, pausing to pull out her "map." She held it upside down, plucking a glowing mushroom from her satchel to examine the crayon-coated parchment. "It says here to make a left, then a right. We have to look for a boulder, which will lead to an underground stream. We have to ride the stream out, which will spit us out into a lagoon. Then we follow the bend around the volcano and look for a pair of crossed trees! Very simple! Oh, why am I happy? It's my destiny! Because that's what my cutie mark is telling me!"

She paused again, considering. "Sometimes, very very very very rarely I'm not happy, but only for a little bit, like when I run out of toothpaste or I stub my hoof on a rock! What makes you happy, Razor?"

Razor stopped, and looked at the bubbly pink pony, "What makes me happy?"

He blinked again, "I......don't know.....I don't think I've ever been happy per say.....content I guess."

He rubbed his beak, "Nogriffon's really bothered to ask me that, I'm not sure how to respond."

He looked at the ground, and tried to keep his face from view, "Though....I think if I had to guess.....it would be....to just be accepted for who I am....not what I should be."

What the heck? What was wrong with him!?!

He shook his head, "Bah....must be that mushroom....its making me all....weird....lets just keep going." He quickly walked ahead of Pinkie. He rubbed a wing over his face for a moment before making sure that he didn't loss the only guide and companion he had.

"So you mentioned water.....great....more wetness."

• 2 weeks later...

"Aww c'mon buddy," Pinkie bubbled, "water is good for you! And look at the bright side -- you won't need to take a bath tonight. Which could be a downside if you like to take baths. I like to take a big bubble gum bubble bath with my bestest best rubber griffon! I should name it Razor, except it's yellow. Maybe we could dye you yellow? You'd look kinda like a chicken then!" Pinkie hopped along the cave, her collection of glowing mushrooms lightning the damp stone path with a pale glow. The walls seemed to spin a little, but it might have been a trick of the darkness. Or was it?

She stopped, and turned to the little griffon with a smile. "Say, does it look like the wall is moving or something? Usually walls are supposed to hold still!" She held up her basket of 'shrooms, blinking. Closer to the wall. Closer. "Oh, teehee! Silly me! The wall isn't moving. It's covered with thousands of bats that're moving! Isn't that neat?!" Pinkie's face drained. "Uh oh."

Razor looked at Pinkie, "Uhh....naming something you bathe with...after me....sounds a bit....odd."

When she mentioned the word chicken, he started to twitch, his eye especially. He could feel his blood pressure rising, and ignoring Pinkie's comments on the wall he shouted;

"Who are you calling chicken!?!"

The loud noise, combined with the easily frightened nature of bats, lead to a very logical outcome.

A swarm of bats, flew at them, and past them. Razor screamed and grabbed Pinkie and pressed them both to the floor. He extended his wings to cover them.

"Bats! Why bats!?" He said.

Finally, everything seemed quiet. Razor peeked out and saw the swarm of bats were gone. And then he realized....his claw was around a girl....and they were in practically feather contact!

"AGH!" he shouted and got up quickly, putting distance between Pinkie and him. He was glad his feathers hid a blush.

"I..I...uh I" He sputtered, "Uh....uh..okay?"

• 4 weeks later...

Pinkie Pie giggled. "One time, I was actually dressed as a chicken for Nightmare Night. Oooh that was so fun! I was thinking next time I could dress up as my pet alligator, and I could dress him as Pinkie. Wouldn't that be a..." The words never left her mouth. Thousands of bats began to whirlwind around the pair as they disturbed the small creatures. Leathery wings flapped in a flurry, glowing mushrooms bouncing out of her sack. She felt Razor's wing wrap around her body, and she hit the damp floor of the cave as the bats flew around the two friends.

She slowly sat up, her mane poofing in different directions from the sudden invasion of bats. One bat had become stuck in her mane. She carefully extracted it, allowing it to take flight after its family. "Why bats? Why not? Heehee! I'd take those over a big, scary cave monster!" The pink mare made her way in a random direction, stopping. "So, um...do you remember which way we were going? It feels like we've been lost in here for a month!"

Razor blinked, "You don't remember where we are!?" He shouted, eyes twitching a bit

"No no no no, we are not lost!" He said, shaking his head. Being in a cave was alright...if he knew where he was. But he started to feel a bit...claustrophobic now that the idea that he can't get out to the sky was a possibility.

"Check the map. Oh please don't let us be lost." He said, starting to slightly hyperventilating.

He followed Pinkie, trying to calm down now. As long as they kept moving....that meant they had to get somewhere and somewhere outside. Right!?!

Archived