Nico's Art(Learning the ponies)

Nico

[colour=#660033]I am learning to do pony art. I will probably try some dragons next. (I already have experience with them, http://i.imgur.com/QyfYl2X.png.) I decided to start off with the official pony style and go from there.

The mare is my first attempt. Basically I copied a default pose/body style and eyes I found in Zoi's pony creator[/colour].(just the eye borders. Used circles to make my own iris/pupils/shine.) [colour=#660033]Drew the base with the pen tool in gimp. I wanted to learn how the outlines were done in comparison to the colour. I picked my colours then darker tones for the outlines. This seems to turn out pretty accurate. The mane/tail and accessories were designed by me. I then attempted to use a bit of shading from my own usual way of colouring for some of the details. THis adds a bit of depth to the accessories, but I need to learn how to shade the hair and coat properly so that they do not look strange.

For the filly I just tried to imitate a random pose. Everything was basically created from nothing. I used several layers of circles of different sizes for the eyes.

I am going to attempt my own pose next. possibly interacting with an object or something. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated. Criticisms as well.[/colour]

XTpEGJA.pngT8FXeqy.png