Love beyond species

ShadowStorm88

Thwak!!!

Sean grumbled as he collapsed to the ground, rubbing his cheek from the cheap shot that Mark Earle had managed to lay on him. It was a usual day for Sean really in the Pit: Get into a scuffle, challenge the jerk to a fight in the Pit and then teach him a lesson. That was pretty much all he knew how to do for the last ten years of his life: how to fight. Anything else to learn would be no more then a distraction or...perhap's somethin he yearned for and wanted to learn how to stop, but was unable to.

The Pit was a fight arena that was used in an abandoned bastment under the shelter. A large room, with chain fences and a circular ring where anyone who wanted to prove themselves through it down with someone untl that other person had given up, or was unconscious. Sean had challenge Mark Earle, the local jerk to a fight when he started throwing rocks at him during his daily run. Completly unprovoked, and he wanted to start somethign with him? Sean said bring it.

Ever since that tragic accident ten years ago when he lost his mother and father, Sean's lfe had been a torrental storm of pain. His inablity to fit in with other kids, or being a trouble maker at whatever foster home he was placed in since he had no other living realitvies, made him almost unberable. The goverment figured that he wasnt wortht he trouble anymore, and stuck him in a depressing place where they figured it would keep him quiet. But alas, that was not the case.

As Sean socked Mark square across the jaw, he panted as he then knocked to the floor mercilessly. Whilst apart of him had developed a love for fighting, another part wanted more. It wanted a...very foreign and otherworld concept that others had tried to show him, but he wouldnt allow it because he had been wallowing in his self pity and misery. Something that he had seen in movies, and read in books that he would never find in this pit hole. He wanted love..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spirit Prancer was having a great day she trotted happily through the town towards the forest where she usually danced. She loved the forest it was a happy, serene, and peaceful place. She loved the smell of the forest the look of the forest, the feeling of the grass under her hooves. She also loved the animal friend that she could summon to her to dance with her. Spirit started dancing and as usual she would close her eyes. She didn't notice it but after awhile as she moved she was moving deeper into the forest. She would dance around trees and over roots and not notice it. It seemed like she was really getting into it now.

The fight had ended awhile ago, and the winner had been Sean. He had put Mark in his place, and taught him a lesson. But man, he had learned one himself sicne Mark had a nasty left hook. Sean rubbed his jaw as a reminder of it, as he stared out at the sky from under the Oak tree of the juvie center park. Looking over out beyond the fence at the happy faces of kids his age, hanging out and...even he could see a couple kissin as he frowned unhappily, knowing that he would never be able to know what it felt like to have a friend or love. He was in for a big surprise.

After awhile Spirit got really deep into the forest and was ready to summon some animal friends unknowing where she was. She started up her magic and opened her eyes as she got surprised at where she was. Her magic got unstable and opened a portal to another world. She got up and looked through the portal. She trotted through as the portal stayed open. She looked over and saw a creature shes never seen before. She goes over and pokes it to see if it would react. "Hey what are you and why are you frowning."

Sean blinked as he heard the voice of what sounded like a rather lovely girl. She defintly wasnt from around her though, because all of the girls around here were rather mean and werent that attracvied. A beautfiul girl must inhabit this voice. Turning to face her, he started into the wide innocent eyes of a...unicorn? Blinking serveral times to make sure his eyes were work,he started intently at the unicorn as he stated "Im dreamin".

Spirit Prancer coked her head to the side. "Oh silly your not Dreaming." She looked around wondering what kind of place this was. "If any ones dreaming it has to be me. But I'm open to any possibilities. Anything can happen with magic." She nudged his leg. "Hey why are you so sad. I dont like seeing anyone sad pony or....whatever you are. Sorry this place is new to me. Maybe I could help you out of this grumpyness." Spirit really didn't like seeing anyone sad so she felt like she should help out this whatever he was.

Staring at her intently, he said "No, if anyones dreaming its me!! Do you know why"? Crossing his arms, he said "First of all, things like unicorns arent real. They're nothing more then myth, folklore and fairytale stuff. Stuff that I dont believe in since their is no proof of their exsitance". Uncrossing his arms, he said "Im not sad just..bummed out I guess". Looking away since he figured he had lost the fight and had been knocked out, that he was dremaing. That was the only explanation.

"Well you really cant say that until you have seen where I come from but that can wait for later. because I am determined to make you feel differently about me ponies unicorns and pegasus. You will see. Hmm why are you so bummed." She sits down next to him up on her from hooves and sitting down with her back hooves. She sees a bruise on his cheek witch she thought might be the reason that he was so bummed. She reached out and touched it gently with her hoof. Sean could feel the warmth and care of her real hoof. "Is this why your so bummed did you get in a fight?"

Sean froze at the warmth of the her hoof, as he stared at her in confusion. "W..what are you" he tried to speak but found himself unable to. What the heck?! He was a strong, tough fighter!! Why was he flinching up to a unicorns touch? This was one bizarre dream. Feeling obligated to answer he question, he answer "I got into a fight with someone cause they were causing me problems. So, I did what I had to do to get him to leave me alone".

"Awww that isn't good." She rapped her front hooves around him and pulled him into a hug which was a lot warmer then the touch on his cheek. "What I usually do it talk to the person firmly I never fight. You don't see ponies fighting where I come from. Unless there fighting to protect themselves or ponies they love. ponies are a fun loving group of creatures." She kept him in the hug for awhile thinking that he would really appreciate the hug after what he must have been through with the bully.

Now he was really confused!! Pulled into a hug by the unicorn, Sean gasped in shock from the sudden show of affection as he honsetly didnt know what to make of it. He had never really experinced anything liek this before. It was..a strange feeling really. And honestly...he didnt want it to stop!! She was..really warm, and it felt rather nice to be hugged like this. What was wrong with him?!?

Spirit stayed there hugging him. She loved giving hugs to people because it was a great way to show affection. "I always loved giving hugs. There a great way to cheer up a freind. A hug can cheer up anyone no matter how bummed out they are. I personaly like hugs because of how warm they make me feel." She let go of him and gave him a big smile. "Hey I have a really good idea." All of a sudden the gate that has been open for awhile shut on her. "Oh well I guess that idea is gone now. I was going to bring you to Equestria where I live."

Giving Spirit a weird look as he glanced back at where she was looking at, he saw nothing. "What were you just looking at? All I see is emptiness" he asked? Shaking his head, he grumbled "Well whatever, If Im dreaming then no way am I gonna stay in this depressing place a mintue longer". Getting up, he decided to try lucid dreamign and to make himself fly. But it seemed that lucid dreaming didnt work, even thoguh he was aware that he was dremaing. "Weird...alright, i'll just hop over the gate and leave" he muttered as he got up, and scaled the gate of the fence before flipping over it;.

Spirit looked down where they would be a look on the gate and there was none. She giggled a little noticing this and then she opened the gate without having to climb over it. "You are a silly creature aren't you." She looked around. "So what is there around her to do. She had to think of a way to get the gate open again she didn't even know before when she opened it she could open things like a gate to another place. She would just have to spend time with this creature in his world for now.

"Usually I go the local arcade since this town is pretty empty" Sean muttered as he looked back to realize she was following him? "Why are you following me exactly" He asked suspiscouly. She certainly was weird for a unicorn. Then again, he wouldnt know weather one was weird or not since this was the first time he had ever met one whislt dreaming. As he silently walked down the sidewalks, he blinked as he watched the people gasp and point at the unicorn. Some ran in fear at the mear sight of her. "Heh, dont blame them" he smirked.

Spirit laughed. "I'm following you because where friends now silly. Also I am determined to prove to you that this is not a dream and I am actually real." She looked around as some of the creatures pointed and looked on in amazement and some ran in fear. She cocked her head to the side again. "Some of you creatures are a little odd to me some look at me in amazement while other run away in fear. I don't quite get it myself. Maybe if I danced not so many of you would run away from me then. I am a really good dancer a professional actually."

Blinking, Sean halted breifly as he looked back at the unicorn. Looking her up and down, he said "A...dancer"? Making a face, he said "Pfft, dancing dosent really interst me". Stalking towards the arcade, he said "No offense, but I didnt think ponies would even be abel to dance since itd be hard to stand on your hind hooves or...somethin". It would probably be better for him if he didnt question it. Arriving at the arcade, he watched as others ran at the sight of the unicorn as he staled past and started to play some games to blow off some steam.

Spirit huffed at his remark. "I can dance I can even show you if you want. I'm sure I can get some bits from the creatures of your world or whatever your currency is called." She trotted out of the arcade in a huff. She put down a pouch on the floor for people to put money in. And then she started to dance actually on her back two hooves too. She was elegantly dancing across the floor next to the entrance of the arcade. She was hoping to attract some people and get some money from it all.

As he played a Shoot em up with a light gun, he couldnt help but notice the pony dancing rather well actually. Perhaps he was wrong, about ponies not being able to dance. CLearly, this one was..was....what was her name anyway? She hadnt even told him. Watching her dance, he watched as all the people contieud to flee from the arcade, as she seemed oblvious to this, smiling as she danced. Rolling his eyes, he fished out a five dollar bill as he dropped it into her pouch, thinking "Somehow I doubt my cunrrency we'll help whereever your from".

Spirit danced a little while longer oblivious of the world around her except for the few people that where running away from her and the one person that she didn't know who because her eyes where closed dropping the money in her pouch. She landed gracefully opening her eyes and looking down at the piece of paper. "Well it seems I got something I dont quite know what it is. But hey its something and I got it because I was dancing beautifully." She looked up at Sean confidently.

Staring at her, he siad "Yeah, I guess so". Blinking, he realized "Shoot, outta money". Looking over at a nearby hot dog vendor, he smirked as he sneaked over towards it whilst keepin quiet. Staring at the vendor, he whispered "JUst gonna grab some quick food". With a hand he'd lie to say was as fast as lighting, he reached and grabed a dog as well as a bun. Sadly, the vendor spotted them. "You little theif!! You'll pay for that!! Officer!! Officer" shouted the angry vendor. Sean froze as he saw a cop, rushing towards him and Spirit. "Time to go" Sean annouced as he turned on his heels and headed for an alley.

Spirit looked around and then followed Sean. "Hey whats happening are you getting in trouble." She looked a bit angered because she knew he wasn't supposed to do that. "Why did you steal from that nice guy. I couldve given you this piece of paper which I'm guessing you creatures use to pay for stuff." She continued running with him even though she knew it was wrong. She looked back at the people chasing them as she took out the money with her teeth and held it out for them to take. "Please take this It was wrong of him to steal and I am paying for it for him."

It seemed however that the officer was more intersted in getting his hand on the ruffian that robbed him, and on the strange creature that was following him. "What's it matter? Dreaming, so I can do whatever I want" he smirked as he rounded a corner and hopped over a fence. Watching as Spirit did the same, he waited as he heard the group of people past by. Waiting in silence for a few moments, he smirked "Well, that was easy". Taking a bite of his hotdog, he smirked "Pretty cool thrill huh"?

Spirit sighed. "that was bad I dont like it you stole from someone. She was getting pretty angry as her horn started to glow a little. She stamped her hoove on the ground getting really mad now. "All I do is try and help you but you still do bad things like this." Her horn glows a little more. "That makes me just so angry some times." She was probably really scaring the people around her now. "Why must you do all these bad things!" here horn was really glowing now as a gate to Equestria opened this time it wasn't going to be open as long. "Huh?"

Sean stared at her intently, as he said "What are you talking about? This is a dream so, I can waht I want. Besides, doesnt matter to me what others thi...". He froze when he noticed a bright shinning light behind the pony. Looking at it, he could see..something beyond the light. Was that..another world? Getting up afarid, he sad "W..what is th..". He couldnt even speak as he stared at the shinning light. It seemed to almsot want to...pull him through it. What was going on here?!