Favorite Genres

A rather simple question, really. What do yall find yourself drawn too in video games, or novels, or fiction, or etc. What do you tend to look for, and enjoy over and over. I ask, because I find it interesting to see what people like specifically in certain things. Kind of an interesting thing to know, but I digress.

I myself adore intrigue and mystery, and I'm a bit of an Anglophile when it come to the Victorian ages. So, I love the settings and technology in Steampunk fiction, and thanks to Sherlock Holmes' popularity, there's no shortage of Victorian Age mystery novels. I find there are few things better than that brilliant moment a hero gets when they unravel the villain's plan. Grand deductive moments are just the kind of crowning moments of awesome I live to watch.

Not that I don't enjoy me some good old fashion high-fantasy action. Dashing sword fights and romanticized gentlemen thieves have a lot of appeal. The Princess Bride installed a love of rogue-ish heroes in me a loooooong time ago.

So, what are yours?

• 3 weeks later...

Hm...

May it be a book, movie, television show, video game, or even music, the story for me always comes first. (with a few exceptions of course)

I guess I love stories that involve saving the world. I know it's a bit out there, but there are some really great video game stories out there.

Also, a romantic tragedy.