Doctor Whooves [Advanced]

FireDash

The Doctor groaned, picking himself up slowly from the floor of the TARDIS. Now that had been a rough way to regenerate, trying to change every cell in your body while still using it to get the ship to just land somewhere. Somewhere away from those aliens.

Blinking, the Time Lord struggled to survey the damage through the smoke. Was it just him or did the TARDIS seem... brighter? More pastel? Maybe it was just his new eyes playing tricks on him.

Then he took a step forward.

Blinking rapidly and checking again, the Doctor soon realized this was not going to be your average every-day crash landing and regeneration type deal. This was a bit more complicated. Mainly due to the fact that he didn't have fingers. He had hooves.

What? How-? Just... what?

Alright, no time for pondering the reason for this sudden strange form now. He had to at least get the screens going again, see if the air was alright to breathe. It was, but everything looked strange. So much brighter.

"Well, this is different."

The Doctor stood, uncertain of his footing. He practiced the rythm of trotting for a bit, before he decided head out. Probably best to blend in a bit at first. As he had regenerated into a sort of equine, he figured it was only logical that there would be similar beings outside. Another dimension! Well, that was exciting at least.

Checking to make sure the coast was clear, the Doctor stepped out into what appeared to be a town square.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack had followed the Doctor through the time vortex but something happened he died... again. but as he awoke he looked at himself and noticed something was off. he had hooves and a dark blue coat. "well this is the first time I ever knocked my head while using the vortex manipulator." he looked at what he was lying on. Blue wood. "Well then hats good now I hope I wake up soon." that's when he heard a door open and he looked to his right and saw a brown horse like creature walk out. He had a tie and his mane was... styled like the doctor's. "Might as well enjoy the dream." he tried to stand but struggled for balance at first. "Ok one step at a time to this Horse version of the doctor."

"Did... that thing just... fall out of the sky?"

A feminine voice could be heard asking as The Doctor and Jack stepped out of the TARDIS. The source of the voice, a young mare wearing a simple white scarf and a wide eyed expression. She trotted up slightly, not yet having noticed the ponies exiting the blue box, "I live in a world overflowing with magic, I am a magical conduit, and I can't even come up with a logical explanation for this."

She looks down, finally noticing the Doctor and Jack, "Did you two see that?" She asked.

The Doctor blinked, staring at the equine who seemed to have just jumped off his TARDIS. He blinked, studying him a moment until he figured it out. "Oh don't tell me. Jack? How did you get through here? And how did you change form-" He stopped himself when he noticed yet another horse-like creature had walked up to the TARDIS.

[colour=#282828]"Did you two see that?" [/colour][colour=#282828]she asked.[/colour]

[colour=#282828]The Doctor glanced at Jack, then looked back to the TARDIS and the equine. "Um, yeah- yes! Yes we saw, strange, isn't it?" He nudged Jack and gave him a look that meant 'play along'.[/colour]

"um strange. but not as strange as me not knowing your name." Jack said to the horse like creature. "I'm Jack by the way." he grinned his grin that usually got him any man or woman back home.

The Doctor rolled his eyes. of course he was going to do that. "Jack, down." he whispered, so the other creature wouldn't hear. "She's a horse." Of course, they were all equines now, but it still felt weird. It didn't seem right somehow to just 'jump in' and start flirting with the sapient beings of this world. Well, that was Jack. "Though that is a good question, what is your name?"

Denim shakes her head in amazement, stepping up and knocking on the TARDIS with a hoof, "This is really remarkable... It seems to be made of wood, yet it's for barely a scratch on it!"

She glances back at the two stallions. Come to think of it, she'd never met them before. The Pegasus shot her a rather charming grin, an introduced himself in what was quite possibly the most flirty way, asking her name, "Hmm."

Was all she had to say. The other stallion rolled his eyes in what seemed to be annoyance, like he was used to this. He then asked her name as well, "Oh, my name is Denim!" She says in a cheery tone, holding out a hoof to the Doctor, "What about you? What're your names?"

The Doctor wasn't sure how shaking hooves worked without fingers and all, but he gave it a go anyway. Denim. Odd name, but he liked it. Perhaps all... sapient equines had names like that. "I'm the Doctor," he replied. "We're a tad new around here." Now that was an understatement.

Talking certainly felt weird in his new form. Entirely different jaw alignment, and yet it still sounded clear. Interesting. This whole place was interesting. So colourful and bright. He wondered just where they were.

at the doctors remark of calling Jack a dog he woofed at the mare. he looked at her rear and noticed the mark on her flank. He jotted it down in his to remember to mention it to the doctor later.

"Doctor huh? Doctor what? Or did your parents just decide to name you Doctor?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"Oh, you're new? You at least know the town you're in, right?"

She glanced over to Jack when he 'woofed', raising an eyebrow and twitching an ear, "Are you feeling alright? Last time a pony started barking like a dog they were locked up in the hospital..."

"Just 'the Doctor'," he informed her, then stopped to think a moment about where this place could be. Wait, did she just say "...last time a pony...."? They were ponies? Well, that was certainly new. The Doctor was absolutely certain that he had never encountered intelligent ponies before, at least, not intelligent enough to make buildings and start a town. Fascinating. He decided to just guess the town name. If he got it wrong he could always play the "I'm lost" card.

"Well of course we know what town we're in! It's, um... Pony...uh, ville. Ponyville, right?" Alright, so it was a stretch. Who knows? maybe he'd get lucky and have it right.

"I'm fine. it's just something i do." Jack said. "Whoa laying on the ground made me stiff." He began to stretch any part of his body he could. first his back legs then his front legs, then his neck and finally his wings... Wings? "what the?" he turned his head and saw two feathered wings protruding from his back. He looked at the Doctor in shock and lipped 'are you seeing this?'

"Oh, alright then!" Denim says. She smile and claps slightly, "Very good! This is Ponyville!" She stops and bites her lip, "Sorry if that sounded condescending..."

She watched Jack stretching, then giggled slightly as he expressed surprise at seeing his wings, "These two act like they've never seen a pony before. Heck, the pegasus just practically forgot he has wings! Who are these two...?"

The Doctor glanced at Jack and nodded. Wings? He wondered how they worked. Seemed a bit small for his body. Maybe his species was lighter than the others. Come to think of it, Denim had a horn. If they were ponies, did that make her a unicorn? And Jack would be a pegasus? Interesting. Examining himself, the Time Lord realized he didn't have anything like that. Just a normal pony then? Well that was a tad boring.

Lucky guess. This town was actually called Ponyville? Go figure. "It's alright. We're from... far away. Very far. It's a nice town you've got. Very friendly. Bit dull...' He added the last part quietly. He'd been here five minutes and so far nothing all that interesting had happened. Usually it only took five seconds before he got a death threat.

"Oh thanks!" Denim says, gesturing to the town, "It's pretty nice around here. And I agree with you, it can get pretty dull sometimes. Every now and then we have some sort of crisis, but it's always ended before it gets to interesting. That box crashing into the town square is probably the most exciting thing that's happened all week. I'm surprised more ponies didn't come out to look at it..." She looks around at the relatively empty town square, but shrugs, "I guess they just assumed it was nothing to important."

Jack tried flapping his wings, he remained on the ground. He flapped faster and started to rise. He flapped even faster and rose higher. "Hmm this might be useful but I still prefer the vortex manipulator." Jack said allowing himself to lower to lower to the ground.

The Doctor nodded, but was growing noticeably concerned with the amount of smoke billowing out from between the doors of the TARDIS. He needed to get in there but he couldn't just let this... pony... see him. She'd get curious, and he knew just what happened to people, or ponies, that got curious. But at least no one else was around. Just like humans. See mysterious blue box land in the middle of town and what do they do? Walk past it.

And then he noticed something. Out of the corner of his eye. Something watching them. But when he turned to look, there was nothing there. A perception filter? No. Not here. The technology here was not advanced enough. At least, not from what he could tell. Strange.

He glanced at Jack, who was testing out his new wings. Eh, he'd let him have his fun. Who wouldn't want to fly immediately if you just found out you had wings? But the Doctor didn't need them. He had something a million times better than that. His TARDIS.

"You haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary around here, have you? Nothing out of the corner of your eye?" he asked.

Big McIntosh:

It had been somewhat of a slow day on the farm since it was the middle of summer and the summer harvest wouldn't be in for a few more weeks making it so that the large red Stallion on the Sweet Apple Acres filled his time with fixing thing around the farm. His current task at hoof was to fix the club house that his youngest sister and her friends used to plan out ideas on trying to figure out what made them special in the world of Equestria. It had seemed that there last adventure was in being potion mixers which had resulted in them blowing a hole in the roof of the old club house off in the east part of the orchard. Still Big McIntosh didn't seem to mind. Ashe nailed in a few more boards to the roof, the Large Stallion reached for his bucket of nails only to find that it had run bone dry. He looked at the bucket with a bit of annoyed look before he carefully walked towards the edge of the club house roof and made his way down to the balcony then out of the tree. He slowly walked back to the farm going over to the stable area where all the tools were to see if he could find any others. When he opened the door of the stable the smell of hay and dust filled the stallions lungs making him let out a small sigh. As he walked in the muggy heat of summer could be felt throughout the building making Big McIntosh pull on his large yolk to try to get some air through the large thing. It didn't help much making the large red stallion move a little faster than he normal would in the building to try to escape the muggy heat. as he got where the tools were at the stallion looked about to see if he could find the box of nails that usually were on hoof. When he found and opened up the the small container again he didn't find a single making him let out an annoyed sigh. He put the container back onto the shelf and headed out of the barn. The stallion then went inside the old house next to the barn to grab a few bits so that he could get a few nails from the blacksmith in town. He stood there for a moment realizing that the house was fairly quiet. More than likely everyone in the apple house hold was doing something. Granny Smith was probably out her knitting club, AppleJack was probably with her friends, and Applebloom was in school. The Large couldn't help but feel a little sad that he didn't have anypony to talk to. Sure he was a bit quiet but that didn't mean he didn't like other ponies around him. Still Big McIntosh swept the thought away as he grabbed a few bits from the family piggy bank before scratching down a note for the family before heading out into the market.

It seemed like all of Pony ville was quiet today as the large red earth stallion walked into town. The only noise that the Stallion could really hear was that of the birds chirping trying to find its other friends. It was a bit unnerving. Still, the earth pony kept focused on what he was doing until he noticed a large blue box near the center of town. Big McIntosh tried to think back if he had remembered it before but nothing came to mind making the red stallion raise an eyebrow at the new addition. As he got a bit closer he noticed two things. The first was that there seemed to be some smoke coming from the new object and two that in front of it was three ponies. The first one was a brown earth pony like himself though a bit smaller in size. The second one was a Pegasus with a dark blue coat. Finally, the third one was a unicorn mare with a fairly long mane.

Denim taps a hoof on her chin in thought for a few seconds before shaking her head, "No, aside from this box, -"And you guys, who seem to be really surprised at your being ponies."- "I haven't really noticed anything." She trots up to the TARDIS and taps it once with her hoof. She takes a step back and makes a quizzical face before activating her magic and seemingly scanning the blue box. She glances at the Doctor out of her peripheral, "Why were you wondering about strange corner-of-the-eye dwelling things?"

Blinking at the way this pony was scanning the TARDIS... with her horn... the Doctor almost missed the question. "Um, well, whenever I'm around, usually something strange happens. Often something out of the ordinary and would seem very odd to the people- er, the ponies around me. And when it's something I can't see, usually there's a problem." He looked her up and down. Seriously, what was she doing?

And where were all the others? He understood that some might be uninterested in what was happening, but this was weird. There wasn't anyone else around!

well, unless you counted the red stallion who was watching them from a distance. The Doctor turned to get a better look at him. Well, at least there was someone.

"Something strange, huh? Well, I've never seen you around town until now, and I only just met you after this box thingy appeared, and that's pretty strange, so I guess you're right."

Denim stops scanning the TARDIS, backing up and looking at it with wide eyes, "This thing is... Incredible. It looks like it's made of wood but it's not... And it just seems so.. Huge." She trots forward slightly and crouches, almost like a cat getting ready to pounce, before leaping up and grasping the edge of it. She tries to pull herself up, but slips slightly. Denim activates her magic again, a teal aura enveloping her horn and snaking down to cover the rest of her body, a levitation spell to make herself weightless, and she pulls herself up. She smiles in triumph from atop the TARDIS, and sees Big Mac, whom she waves to. She knew who he was, though they'd never really spoken, she'd seen him around town, and she miiight have have helped his youngest sister and her friends in some of their escapades.

"I don't think you should be on that." Jack told Denim. "you might fall." he looked at his vortex manipulator and started to think. "hey Denim what is the most important date in history do you think?" he turned to the Doctor to see if he could get a reaction out of him.

Denim waves a dismissive hoof at Jack, "Aah, don't worry about me. I've fallen from greater heights than this."

She glances down at him upon hearing his question. She furrows her brow when she sees him inspecting what looked like a large watch on his foreleg, "Most important date in history, huh? There's plenty of them that are coming to me right off the top of my head. Why do you want to know?"

Big McIntosh:

The large red earth stallion continued to watch the small group of ponies talking and walking on and around the new addition to the town when both the smaller earth pony and the unicorn noticed him. It seemed that maybe the unicorn knew who Big McIntosh was since she waved at him. The stallion raised a hoof back replying to the wave not exactly sure who she was or what she was doing. Still it seemed that it would be rude if he didn't at least go over and see if the group wanted him to do something. He slowly walked over to the three adjusting his yoke a bit so that it wasn't so that it wasn't crooked. As he got closer he heard the Pegasus question what the unicorn considered the most important date in history. Even though the question wasn't exactly directed towards the stallion he couldn't help but at least ponder the question a bit as he rolled a piece of spring wheat from one side of his mouth to the other. Still, Big McIntosh knew he couldn't just walk up and say nothing.

[colour=#FF0000]"Well howdy. ah'm not sure ah know ya'll but ah'm Big McIntosh."[/colour]

He said his drawl emphasizing on his low toned voice.

"You want one?" Jack asked showing her his wrist and the Vortex manipulator. "I can take you anywhere you want." then a rather large red stallion walked up to them and introduced himself as Bic McIntosh like the apple. He threw him his famous grin "Hello I'm Captain Jack Hark... Harness. Captain Jack Harness." he turned to the doctor to see his reaction to his pun hoping to get something out of him, he just stood there taking in his surroundings.