[Spellbound] The Fixer-Upper (Bellosh101 & Tacobob)

Bellosh

9QqAB3q.png?2

At the same time Pocket Change telekinetically gripped one side of the chest down below, Moondancer took hold of the other side. With their combined powers, the seed container slowly but surely ascended up from the basement. It’d take a couple minutes though to lift it back up to the ground floor, since Moony refused to needlessly overextend herself.

In the meantime, the moon-flanked mare came up with something to talk about to keep the two unicorns from getting bored; “Oh, I never got to tell you that I’ve got a large family of my own! Aside from Mom and Dad, I’ve got my big sister Moonvixen, she’s a fashion model. My twin brother Moondasher plays big-league polo for the Canterlot Royals. And then my smarty-pants younger sis Moonprancer and my two little wannabe-guard twin brothers Moondonner and Moonblitzen are still in school down over at Saint Mareson’s in Manehattan. Come to think of it, I think I’m the only pony in my family who didn’t go there, since I went to Celestia’s School like Grannie Moonswirl did. Did you know she once taught magic at the School.....?”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kzkl.jpg

While the unicorn would have preferred to keep his eyes on the mare, he knew it would be wise to concentrate on the chest, or he would ruin Grannie Moonswirl's second (or third) final request.

"Wow, my parents weren't the only ones who did the little themed name thing.", Pocket Change couldn't not help but smile as Moondancer went through a list of her family members, who all shared a 'moon' in their name. "Wait a second? You have a twin brother, and then you have two other brothers who are twins as well? Wow." While he and Docket were proper identical twins throughout their childhood, the pair gradually acquired their own unique looks once they hit high school and even drifted apart upon graduation both visually and socially. This quickly changed after his easily distracted sister was bounced out of both her dorm and later, her apartment as she had a horrible habit of forgetting to pay her rent. The stallion quickly took her under her roof after finding her asleep at the University library. Apparently she had been living there for a week.

"Oh yeah, you told me she was a teacher. I'm just picturing an older version of you with a lightly greyed hair all tied up In a teacher-bun sitting at her desk with a cute little apple and maybe a pair of those little glasses resting on her face.", he smiled ever so cheerfully as he pictured this Granny-Moon, "My folks on the other hoof. Dad writes music. He wanted to write epic orchestra type music, but he mostly deals with Jingles. My mother is a writer of books, she wanted to write the next 'great Equestrian novel', but so far she just cranks out 'old mare' books. They've both been slowly inching themselves towards their dreams, they're not there yet, but I know they'll make it one day."

• 3 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

Actually, Moondancer and her grandmother only shared a passing resemblance. That didn’t stop the young mare though from giggling at the mental image of herself as an old lady; all wrinkled up and bespectacled. It was rather poetic in its own way, the fleeting beauty of youth transforming into the ever-lasting wisdom of age. Just think, Moony could be that old granny or wise veteran professor one day!

But while Moondancer would have loved to continue the chat, a crucial phase of the chest extraction came upon her and Pocket Change. “Okay Pocket,” the unicorn focused on the levitating object, now hovering over the hole; “If we can just set down Granny’s chest by the other stuff we brought, we should we good to go!” Clear sailing from here on out.....

kzkl.jpg

“Righto!”, the unicorn concentrated just enough to move the chest so it was adjacent to the cart he had originally brought with him. After making sure it was perfectly straight and resting properly on the ground, he nodded at the mare and mouthed ‘3-2-1’. Once he hit the last number, the green glow that had surrounded his horn ceased to be. “Wow, With the exception of maybe my little adventure up north with Cleverboots and the gang, this is probably the most magic I’ve ever used in one day, counting both our little venture here, and the little errands I had to run before coming here. Hmmm.”, he tapped the front of his snout with the same hoof before glancing down to see if there was any red on him. “Didn’t even get a snout-bleed. Always a good sign.”

It was obvious to the stallion that just by being near Moondancer, his confidence in his magic has increased tenfold and thus his spells were stronger. He didn’t want to say anything, considering all the previous flattering and complimenting he had tossed towards the mare already, so he just kept smiling. “Well then, what should we do next?”

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

“Didn’t even get a snout-bleed. Always a good sign.”

What did Pocket Change say about snout-bleeds? Moondancer never heard something like that happening before; not even from Immie. Out of compulsion, the young mare found himself staring at Pocket’s nose, half-expecting a small drop of blood to drip anytime now. “You can get nose-bleeds from using magic?” ash asked in an unbelieving tone, her eye getting excessively close to the stallion’s nose; “I heard a lot of strange stuff about weird magic side-effects, but never anything about bleeding.”

“Well then, what should we do next?”

The question of the hour! After thinking about the stuff the two unicorns brought with them, something occurred to Moondancer; “Hey, I wonder how Miss Mouse’s holding up? You think her mousehole project is finished?” As much as Moony wanted to use the time to stare at Pocket’s smashing figure… she just couldn’t bear to ignore cute lil’ animals either.....

kzkl.jpg

“Before I joined our guild, I wasn’t that much of a spellcaster.”, Pocket Change replied back somewhat sheepishly. “When I would either try spells beyond my own skill-set, or over did or over use certain magic, I would use to get these little tinkles. Just a little drop or two, but It would be basically my body telling me to halt with the whole magic business for the day.”, he glanced away from the mirror before turning his attention back to the much prettier pony in the room before him. “I used to stick to spells that pertained to my job and never dared to venture outside of those safe spells. Not until I properly met you...And the guild.”, he quickly added, “Ever since them, my confidence in my own abilities has increased and I’ve slowly started to leave the safety of old and safe spells for something a bit more dangerous like teleportation. I also don’t feel as worn out as I used to when using spells, along with the whole snout-issue. I have you, and the guild to thank for that.”, he gave off a grin before the conversation was moved towards their little rodent friend.

"Miss Mouse? Let me check.", the unicorn made his way over towards the entrance to the mouse-house and peered into the neat arch-shaped hole, "Well, she has walls up already, and while she has still some work to do, it looks rather nice.", the pony tried not to make any 'dwaaah' noises as he spotted the little mouse asleep in a chair, with a small table nearby her. The little table had bits of leftover cheese and a small teacup. He glanced back towards the mare, "Poor little thing is tuckered out. Just wonder what mice used to eat before ponies started making wedige cheeses?"

After getting back onto his hooves, he kept his smile up, "So, you wanna check it out?"

9QqAB3q.png?2

“Before I joined our guild, I wasn’t that much of a spellcaster... I used to stick to spells that pertained to my job and never dared to venture outside of those safe spells. Not until I properly met you...And the guild. Ever since them, my confidence in my own abilities has increased... I have you, and the guild to thank for that.”

It only seemed like yesterday since Spellbound held its first meeting. As a matter of fact, the magic guild had met only a few time prior to Moondancer and Pocket Change dropping by the HQ to furnish it. Yet already, the meet-ups were profoundly affecting members such as Pocket Change. Initially having doubts about her ability to teach the really advanced stuff, Moondancer’s tips worked wonders. No wonder why Pocket thought her so smart! “Hehe, glad to be of service!” the young mare blushed, preferring modesty over sounding like a bragger.

After Pocket Change finished inspecting the mouse hole, Moondancer peeked in for a look of her own. Everything was just like the stallion said; the moon-flanked unicorn felt inspired to get back to work! “Come on Pocket!” she cheered as the unicorn raced back towards her stuff; “If Miss Mouse can get her hole livable by now, then it shouldn’t take long for us to do the same with this warehouse.

Making a beeline for the cauldron she brought, Moony asked; "Hey, where do you think would be a good place for this thingy....?”

kzkl.jpg

“It hasn’t been that long, but ever since I attended the first meeting, I started to hit the books a little harder when it came to magical studies. I didn’t want to be the runt of our magical little litter.” Pocket Change went through some of the items he had brought along, while Moon Dancer inspected Miss Mouse’s updated dwelling. “Still, I’m kind of weary about some of the more powerful spells one can learn, the type of magic that can cause some serious hurt’n if you don’t do just right, but I know as long as I have you at my side, I’ll be mastering them all very soon.”, he turned his attention back to the mare as she finished her inspection.

“I doubt mouse-holes have to follow the same builders codes and rules that we have to follow here in Canterlot.”, he added with a grin, “And this place is already livable, we need to give it character! It needs to look like a proper magical guild. With old wooden walls, which we are getting from the movers soon. They’re ripping this old building down and we’re getting the well weathered wood panels in pretty soon along with my old gaming table. I’ve been told a family friend of mine is out on some quest to find an runaway airship that’s been sailing the skies for years all alone. She promised my sister that she’d get me something cool for the hall.”, he glanced down at the cauldron, "Oh. we're gonna put it under this old sun-roof for the time being.", he pointed out an rather old and mostly broken window near the end of the room, "I want to have some ponies over here that can turn that old window into a proper vent for letting out the fumes a well used cauldron would make. And a vent that would clean the fumes and smoke of unsightly and sometimes dangerous properties. I'm sure Miss Licorice and Mister Abbot knows more about that stuff than we do."

He cantered over towards the front door, "We should get a small waiting room slash grand entrance of sorts right about here. When a guildie or guildie to be opens the door, they get a nice little room with comfortable benches and portraits of well known wizards like Starswirl and Princess Luna in here. What do you think?"

• 2 weeks later...
9QqAB3q.png?2

“And this place is already livable, we need to give it character! It needs to look like a proper magical guild. With old wooden walls, which we are getting from the movers soon. They’re ripping this old building down and we’re getting the well weathered wood panels in pretty soon..."

Well, it sounded like Pocket Change pretty much already had a clear vision of how to renovate the warehouse. There was just one big nagging issue Moondancer wanted to address first; “Uhhhh Pocket, do we have enough money in the Spellbound fund to pay the guys tearing down the place?” Moony couldn’t imagine that the guild, still a new organization, had deep-enough coffers from paid dues to finance this sort of thing right now. Pocket wasn’t paying extra out of his own… pocket, was he? The last pony who deserved to be burdened with debt from building renovation was Moony's potential-new coltfriend.....

kzkl.jpg

“Huh?”, The unicorn was slightly confused for just a moment, “Oh no. They were already ripping this school down. Apparently they had just finished building a newer and larger one down the road, and were in the process of showing off the old place for those interested in taking anything of use before it was all brought crashing down.", the stallion replied, "I managed to acquire a series of old wooden wall panels that were used to cover old brick walls that school had. I'm not really paying for the walls themselves, just for the movers and installers, and since it was my idea, I decided to pay this off myself. It's not that much, and while my occasional dig does not pay me a whole lot, I do have bits from an inheritance...I didn't get the bits all at once, but it was all arranged as an 'allowance' of sorts. I get a small bundle every month, which is more than enough for somepony who lives rather modestly to go on. I've always been rather lucky when it comes to money. Either finding it or spending it." He playfully waggled his flank to show off his cutie mark, which was of a small bag with two bits.

"And the rest of the stuff was either given to me by friends or family when they heard I was looking for stuff, or like the table, was something I had in storage. Might all seem like junk at first, but once we get it all placed and set up here, it's gonna look great!", Pocket Change glanced up towards the old sun-roof, "The only thing I'm worrying about is the whole vent thing we're going to have to put up there. That's the thing that's gonna cost some bits."

"This is gonna be so cool!", he quickly added while doing a happy little bounce.

9QqAB3q.png?2

And so with the matter of Pocket Change's funds settled, he and Moondancer got hard at work for the next few hours on spicing up the warehouse. Once the two unicorns tired out for the day, the subject of a romantic date naturally came up. Both agreed that the jazz club would be a swell place to go to later during the week. Maybe Moony would get to see Pocket shake that flank of his some more, heh heh heh. And once the magic club finally looked like a proper guild, Moondancer and Pocket decided that they'd find some time to visit Hollow Shades and figure out how to plant their newly acquired lumi seeds.

All in all, a very lovely day.....

*THE END*

Archived