One More Time

pollo20x6

After finishing season 3 two weeks ago, I was going crazy. How would I make it till winter without ponies? So after a couple days of a pony-free environment, I decided to just do it again. I started from S1 E1. As of now, I just finished S1 Ep.16. The thing that stands out to me is that its not as addicting as it was the first time around. Now its kinda like, I got time, might as well watch an ep. Maybe its cuz I already know what's gonna happen? Maybe cuz I've accepted that I like it, whereas the first time I was hoping that the next episode would be the one to finally get me to stop watching. Maybe its the idea. Maybe I succeeded in flushing the ponies out and I just think I still like it? Idk. I can make up theories or whatever.

It's just strange. When I didn't like the show, I couldnt stop watching. Now that I like it, its not as addicting anymore. It's simply ok. Good, yes, but that "one more ep" feeling that I miss, is gone. And thats a shame, cuz I liked that feeling.

Anyone ever have a similar experience either with MLP or anything else?

Fortunately it still has its charm. Another reason I decided to watch it again is because I wanted to see if the novelty wore off and see if maybe it wasn't really as good as I thought. Its still just as good and I'm picking up things I missed the first time around.

I'm hating the fact that MLP seems to be fading from me.

That happened to me. After the excruciating wait for Season 3, I sort of lost the passion I had for the show after the airing of the Canterlot Wedding episode. Even when there were new episodes coming out each week, I wasn't into them the same as I had been before. I watched the first few episodes of Season 3 when they were released, but then I went away for Christmas and got busy with being with family, and so I really never got back to watching them until March/April, actually, when PonyCon Au came to my town. I was already registered for the con 'cause I registered before I lost the spark, and then the experience was amazing at the con that I just had to come back.

There are still a few episodes from Season 3 that I've only watched once, but besides that I've seen all of Season 1's episodes at least four or five times, and most of season 2 at least two or three times. It's not as good the second time through because you've seen it all before, I think. If it helps, try watching them with someone who hasn't seen it before. If they catch the magic, then experiencing it all again for the first time through them is almost as much fun! ;)

• Like 1

That happened to me. After the excruciating wait for Season 3, I sort of lost the passion I had for the show after the airing of the Canterlot Wedding episode. Even when there were new episodes coming out each week, I wasn't into them the same as I had been before. I watched the first few episodes of Season 3 when they were released, but then I went away for Christmas and got busy with being with family, and so I really never got back to watching them until March/April, actually, when PonyCon Au came to my town. I was already registered for the con 'cause I registered before I lost the spark, and then the experience was amazing at the con that I just had to come back.

There are still a few episodes from Season 3 that I've only watched once, but besides that I've seen all of Season 1's episodes at least four or five times, and most of season 2 at least two or three times. It's not as good the second time through because you've seen it all before, I think. If it helps, try watching them with someone who hasn't seen it before. If they catch the magic, then experiencing it all again for the first time through them is almost as much fun! ;)

After the Canterlot Wedding episode, I was hyped like never before. But waiting for four months just slowly killed me. When the Season 3 was finally released, it wasn't as special and amazing as Season 2 was. Then the Magical Mystery Cure happened, and it felt more like a backstab.

I'm trying my hardest not to give up on this.

Its funny how the two of you share something with me in that the spark and hype dies slightly after a certain point.

I would watch it with someone, cuz my friend said he would give it a chance but I don't know. I feel like i would feel uncomfortable watching it with someone because I get anxious if I see someone watching me watch the show. Even though people know I watch it, it's still makes me feel weird. I feel like they can see the joy it brings me and as a result, I feel embarrassed.

@Jane Your story of even tho there were new episodes, you weren't as into them as before reminds me of how I felt about season 4. A while ago I stopped being excited for the new season. But recently I've been getting the hype again because thinking that something different will happen really kinda helps. MLP was always predictable, so the second time around was even more predictable, but amazingly is still very fresh.

It just sucks that I had to watch it again because after season 3 ended I wanted more but couldn't get anymore, so I just decided to watch it again, which I was aware could backfire cuz then it becomes boring. But I just had to see more. xD

But from what I see is that if you want to keep the spark, it means its still in there. :D

@kodokuna what do you mean by fading?

For me, nah. Of course, I've only been a fan for about 1 and a half months, so maybe in the future.

I hope not, but the fact that I hope not is a sign that it probably won't happen. Maybe ill go a while without watching or talking about anything related to mlp, but the seed has been planted. :mad: