[Diamond Dog] Griff [Ready]

DamianMane

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Griff

Sex: Male

Species: Diamond Dog

Eye colour: Turquoise

Coat: Griff's fur is very dark grey, bordering on black. Similarly to most Diamond Dogs, Griff is always clad in a vest and a collar. His vest is forest green and hangs quite loosely down to the top of his hind legs when he is standing. His collar is a light grey and is studded with small gems matching his eye colour, with a larger, purple gem hanging from it like a pendant.

Physique: Griff is neither particularly tall or bulky, amounting to about the same height as a pony when on all fours. He has long front legs, but their slender frame makes them more suited for running than digging.

His head resembles that of a border terrier with larger, floppier ears.

Residence: Griff resides in the Diamond Dog camp just south of Ponyville.

Occupation: Just the same as all Diamond Dogs, Griff mines for gems in the tunnels of his camp. He isn't very skilled in the actual mining of the gems, but he is adept in locating gems.

History: The runt of his litter, Griff had always been "the small one", and "the weak one". The only thing he was really good at was running. Usually running away from things.

Because he was so weak, he knew he would be an awful miner, he just knew it. This is why he tried for so long to avoid being sent to work down I the tunnels, constantly pleading not to go, much to the annoyance of most other dogs in the settlement. Eventually though, he had to give in. And as it turns, after all that time of everyone calling him weak, after all that time of thinking he would be a rubbish miner... ... he really, really was. But he soon discovered he had a penchant for locating gems. Simply by studying the veins of gems and the way they ran through the rock, it seemed simple to him to see where another patch would be. This very useful ability bought him acceptance from the rest of the pack, respect, even. He still stayed "the small one" though, but you can't have everything.

Character Summary: Griff likes to consider himself smarter than most other Diamond Dogs. While that is true to a certain extent, he isn't really as smart as he says he is, as he is prone to making poor decisions.

He spends a lot of his time wandering the tunnels, alone, learning every nook and cranny. He s not alone because he dislikes company though, in fact he rather enjoys being around other Diamond Dogs. He just simply finds it easier to concentrate on his own.

Although he likes company, it isn't uncommon for company to not like him. This is mostly when said company is some of the gruffer, stricter kinds of Diamond Dog, as Griff is not exactly a model Dog in their eyes. He's small, not a hard worker, and has a tendency to "chicken out" from a situation if he gets to scared or worried.

I've been meaning to make some progress on it soon, sorry.

I had a chunk about his character and history done but then my tablet crashed, I'll get to work on redoing that soon.

It is a bit short, but I feel it covers all the basics. :) Diamond Dogs are tricky because there isn't any board approved lore for them, all we have to go on is the show.

That being said, I really like this character, and I look forward to seeing him in action! :) Sending up the food chain for approval. ;)