Odd Ones

Monochrome

It was a cool, cloudy day in Manehattan. As (insert pony's name here) was walking along, enjoying the abundance of sights, sounds, and scents Manehattan had to offer, they hear a sudden uproar on a narrow side street. By an old brick building, two colts are fighting. One, a brown pegasus with a darker brown streak, the same colour as his mane, down his back, obviously had the upper hoof as the fight went on, and the other colt was getting sorely beaten.

ooc: Oh, hi, Krad. :) Somebody asked me to make a new rp to do with them, and I need to develop some new characters, so here this is~

The brown pegasus froze for a moment, and the other colt took to the opportunity to run off, crying. A peeved expression was on the battered pegasus's face as he faced the two older ponies. "Great. You made me lose the little punk." he huffed, standing up and stretching his wings. "Eh, he'll get what's coming to him. The name's Mean Streak. You can call me Streak, I guess. And who are you two?" he added briskly.

"Aw, come off it, lady. How about we just go back to my place now?" Streak grumbled, folding his wings and disdainfully approaching the green and brown mare.

Krad steps between them. "Names Krad. Right now I would suggest you leave while you have the chance. I would prefer not to fight."

Streak stomped along ahead of them, leading the way. After a while, he stopped in front of a neat, well-kept little building sandwiched between two much taller buildings. "Here it is. Home sweet home." Streak said. The two behind the little pegasus looked at the faded wooden sign. It read "Orphanage", and a few other texts too faded to be legible. A teal unicorn filly with a purple cloak and one hind leg wrapped in bandages stood by the door, staring off into the distance with a far-away look in her pale silver eyes. She seemed to be snapped out of her trance when Streak approached, and she turned and looked at him with those pale eyes, nearly colourless but holding a brightness like two shiny silver coins. "I've been waiting for you." she informed Streak in a detached tone. "You always are, Crystal, I know. And I guess you've predicted where I've been and what I've been doing too?" Streak replied nonchalantly. The unicorn nodded. "Another fight. Even if I hadn't predicted it, I could still have seen the new bruises and scrapes among your older ones. Fireball's getting bored waiting for you." she said slowly. "Who are the others with you? They have cutie marks and look kind of old, so I don't think they're here to get their mark predicted or to join our group..."

Crystal's eyes widened. "Adopting...? We don't get a lot of visitors. Oh, but we're all the company we usually need." she said, seeming slightly shocked, and a grin slowly coming across her face. "Well, there are a lot of colts and fillies here who I'm sure are just dying to meet you. They'll be thrilled."

Both of the young ponies froze in shock. "Y-yes! But if you're taking us, you have to take Conquest too!" they cheered in unison.