Where would MLP fit? I Feel Equestria would be the Tau Empire.

With just minor edits to their quotes, I can make a case for the Equestria being the Tau Empire (or Equestrian Empire) in the Warhammer 40k universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Aun’Celestia: It burns so briefly, the light of my little ponies, so briefly. But, by the Greater Harmony, it burns so bright!

Aun’Celestia: It saddens me greatly that we must take arms against the races of the galaxy. By their deaths, they deny themselves the liberation that is only to be found in total surrender to the Greater Harmony.

There is no victory without unity, no peace when there's conflict. In this dark time, we can only forget our differences and fight the darkness together.

They are fierce indeed these Griffin, and savage. I look upon them and tremble at their ferocity. I can only hope that when the enemy sees them they tremble as I do.

A thousand fibres connect each of us with our fellow ponies and along those fibres our deeds run as causes which come back to us as effects. Everything we must do must be in furtherance of the Greater Harmony lest we return to the Troubled Times, the Discord.

The other races are not intrinsically evil.

Do not hate them. Pity them for their ignorance.

Seek to understand their differences

And acquaint them with their inadequacies.

Only then will they accept their place

in the Greater Harmony.

It is not our technology that will enable us to prevail in this galaxy. It is our shared sense of honour and commonality of cause that unites us and will give us the power to defeat our enemies.

It is as we join with others, in a way that only Equestrians can, in shared engagement to the Greater Harmony, that we find ourselves able to fully realize our true potential. And that is the final source of our hopes and intentions.

I have received your messages, acquainting me that these worlds belong to your Emperor, your master. In return I am to inform you that the said worlds belong to their Ethereal Majesties, Aun'Celestia and Aun’Luna, my masters, by right of settlement. Should you wish to gain similar rights you must submit yourselves to their wisdom as citizens of the Equestrian empire.