Lost and Hunted

Monochrome

Nao was puzzled for a moment as the mare hastily pulled her hood on, but then she noticed the guard as well. Probably off-duty at the moment, but a royal guard nonetheless. Nao looked back at the mare, trying the refrain from asking about her sketchy behavior upon seeing the guard.

"Oh, no, don't leave, I have more to tell you." Nao objected as the nervous mare spoke of leaving.

"S-so... About those nightmares, another thing I've heard is kind of interesting... They say these creatures do not fear death, for they see it as the dying one's troubles and worries being lifted away as he or she leaves this hateful world behind for somewhere better. Rather than mourning a friend's passing, they celebrate the life of their friend and how much happier he or she will be Beyond." Nao said, a touch of sorrow to her voice. "Inwardly, some still mourn, of course... But despite all the good they see it as, these creatures do not seek out death, but wait for their moment to come when it is meant to."

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her necklace glowed slightly. "i-i didn't know that. thank you. " she said shakily still eying the guard who didn't seem to see her. yet. she kinda got on the bad side of the imperial guard...... by accident. she was sitting on a cloud testing out a bow and arrow (her fav hobby) and the arrow hit one of the guards helmets.... yeah... he didn't like it

Nao followed the mare's gaze back down to the guard.

"He's off-duty." Nao said reassuringly. "Look, he's just getting lunch."

Nao stared at the mare for a moment. She seemed comfortable with Nao, perhaps now would be a good time... Nao stared directly at the mare in a decided manner.

"I have something to show you. But you have promise not to be afraid and not to run away from me." she said.

Nao stood erect and sucked in a nervous gasp of air before being surrounded by a blue glow as her disguise faded away. There she stood, in her true form, awaiting judgement. Her curled horns and sharp teeth glinted in the sunlight, her fiery black mane and tail dancing in the breeze, her luminescent yellow eyes squeezed shut in fear for how drastically the mare may or may not react.

"My, him? We're on a pretty tall building... From that distance he'll likely either think his eyes are playing tricks on him or something and I'm a perfectly normal pony." Nao said unsurely. "Y-you're not afraid?"

"Hm. You harbor a different view of us than the others. Pure, untainted by pony paranoia of what lurks in the dark. Tell me, how did you learn of us?" Nao said.

"Hm. I-I see-" Nao said, pausing for a moment. "My, it's beginning to get dark! Care to accompany me to where my world's portal will open, uh- sorry, I didn't catch your name...?"

((Sorry, was busy with schoolwork. Not dead.))

They soon arrived, poised at the edge of the Everfree Forest. Nao seemed to hesitate for a moment before walking into the forest with Silver behind her.

Archived