Lost and Hunted

Monochrome

Beyond the portal was a dark place, its withered grey grass punctured by the occasional twisted black tree or dull-colored flower. It had a somewhat eerie feel to it. Up ahead a short distance, a town's dark spires could be seen, overshadowed by a huge old castle of cracked stone that cast an odd faint purple glow on the town below it. Bats fluttered above Nao and Silver.

Nao stopped for a moment, seeming to have a sudden realization.

"Oh, my, this will never do!" Nao said, looking at Silver. "You need a disguise. My kind isn't the fondest of your kind. Luckily for you, my magic can do just that."

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nao lowered her head towards Silver and closed her eyes, beginning to emanate a blue glow. Silver felt a tingling sensation, then a variety of strange feelings as the transformation took place. Her ears split into frills, her wings disappeared into her sides, her mane and tail were set ablaze, small licks of flame flared from her ankles, her teeth grew sharp... A sharp pain as curled horns protruded from her head, and it was finished. She still looked like herself, same colors and eyes and such, and yet was completely different.

"Hm..." Nao pondered. "It might. But there's really no safe place we can leave it, and if we're lucky they'll just think they're hearing things or that you're one of our warriors with some spoils of victory over some dream-world soldiers."

They walked along the dim path, soon arriving in the town. It was dark as well, except for one visible patch of light.

"Ebony Flower's garden." Nao said, nodding towards the soft light.

"Not at all." Nao laughed. "Only the occasional lost wanderer, and they usually clear out pretty fast."

She looked around.

"So, I suppose I should let you know a few things... First, those 'cutie mark' things. Only half-breeds have those in my kind, so don't ask anypony why they don't have one if you don't want to stick out." she added.

"It's not definite, but you might have to if you'd like to avoid a worse situation. You may not have to, I don't know." Nao said with a shrug. "Lastly... You may have strange visions. Do not let them overtake you- it is either the local fauna or the natural toxin nightmares and nightstallions release from our bodies. Don't worry, I use the term 'toxin' loosely... It isn't deadly whatsoever, it simply causes some of what you know as 'bad dreams'."

Archived