Pony Colony (Closed, RP is full for now. Read OP post first)

Harv0kz

(You are a pony in Equestria, one of the founding members of an early colony, unnamed [remains so until I say]. There are five "leader" positions to fill. You will have a couple of ponies at your command to begin with. I post the results of your actions and whatever else occurs. My word is law. You only talk about your actions. Be detailed, I will not look for implied meaning, hence action min 3 sentences please :) How it works is that I will make a major post on how things are going, and your plausible actions, then after you have posted your actions, I am going to make big post again. I will be realistic in penalties (if you decide to research something that won't help in the current time, I will 'hint' you. After positions are filled, I'm closing thread, so it's easy to manage. Forum rules apply, but keep in mind this is before Equestria is what we know and love. Think the colonials of 15th century, and yes. Even if we don't like it, very bad things can happen (nothing too rulebreaking though).

Positions to fill (First come first serve, unless you work something out with person in PM):

*Farmer-Gatherers (In charge of getting food and water, and any raw materials for community): JotaroKujo

*Craftsponies (In charge of construction and creation of buildings, gear, etc) : Alanoth

Alchemists (Scientists) (In charge of researching new technologies, magics, and potions): stormchaser1991

Guardsponies (In charge of defending colony from threats, such as monsters, and other military tasks): AirForceBrony

Explorers (Surveyors) (In charge of, well... exploring the area around the colony, this can be stuff like resources, treasures, etc): Travelaway

Positions with * need to be filled first. Otherwise this won't go anywhere.I just need your name, age (adult obviously, no exceptions), CM talent (NOT YOUR POSITION), Position and anything else useful. Backstory if you want, please put effort, as it will influence my response what your character can do. Please be sensible in picking your position. I will penalize. I want to practice this kind of thing, but I can't do then when others just go 'meh'

Final note, each posting cycle (whenever I post again), counts as 3 months passing Regardless of what happens or how many posters there are. But I will wait until all have, and if not full, I will wait a little longer. Population increases every four cycles (a year) usually, though I may change this for it to make sense. Oh, and you cannot do another position's job without user consent, nor can your pony do two jobs. . Even if position not filled. Important things in bold or underlined. Please do not godmod, or try to do everything yourself (as a pony doing your job, you are a leader afterall). I will penalize. Pony races only. No Griffons, Changelings, etc.Now just sign these waivers... Good luck, have fun!)

Month one, Equestria

Food and Water: Enough for two cycles

Population: 50 (exclude "leaders")

Equipment: Enough to get basic shelter and resources running. Nothing to build full-fledge wood cabins or houses, just tents, farming tools, a few spears and swords, an alchemist's set, and some explorers tools. All are in a chain of three covered wagons, big enough for five ponies each without load.

The leader of the fifty brave stallions and mares raised a hoof. He took a second to pause, taking in the green fresh air. It has been a year since the Windegos were chased out of Equestria, but so much remained untouched. But all of that was behind them now. The area infront of him was quite spacious and open, ideal for setting up a house for everypony, and he also guessed that it was good for planting crops, as led to an even wider area, where the grass was considerably greener. Over to his right were what looked like hills, or mountains further in the distance, and somewhat closer were natural caves covered by a forest of tall and sturdy trees, so many that they covered up much of anything beyond. As the leader turned his head around the west, he could see that it was a slightly sloped area, again, many trees were seen. He could also see numerous varieties of fruit on some. He turned back to his herd, the brave souls, sacrificing civilization to begin anew. Most were shaken from having to ford a pretty wide river, and someponies talked about the tickling feeling of many fish going between their hooves as they crossed. It was a miracle nopony lost their way, they had heard other stories, rumours and tales, but none of it could stop them from this opportunity.

"Right ponies. We stop here, for our journey is over. We have come far and hard, but today, we build. Today, we take pride in the fact that we have broken off from our homes once again, only this time we didn't run because of the mistakes of our leaders, but we set off in search of adventure, discovery, and a home we can truly call ourselves, and... Forget it. Lets get to work ponies! We won't build ourselves." the leader wanted to get going. Dispensing with the enormous level of tradition was the first step. Though one wasn't overlooked. Another pony passed him a flag, one resembling that which flew over Canterlot, and the leader staked their flag to the ground, claiming this land for the rightful rulers.

The leaders that were pre-decided to fulfil a certain role, thanks to whatever traits they had, began tasking around the groups of ponies that had been assigned to them. Such was the advanced planning that the colony group was well prepared. Or so they think.Those hauling the wagons pulled them up right next to each other, and began to unload the gear from them, organizing them so it was easier for the others. Food and water, however, was kept inside the wagons, and closed, due to the fear of critters snacking on their provisions. The gear was there, and the ponies were tasked. The colony has just begun, and the ponies were ready to give it their all to stand the test of time.

Same here

Name: Brawny Boulder

CM Talent: Craftspony (builder specifically)

Backstory: Brawny was always a poor miner and cart puller before the colony expedition was announced, barely working his way through taking up whatever jobs he could. He doesn't have a family, so when he heard they were signing up members for a colony expedition, he quickly joined up. e had to learn how to build, so as to be useful, but knew that if worst came to worse, he could always work as a guardspony. After all, back home he was known as the strongest pony for twenty miles, so he figured he could handle this.

Name: Beaten Path (Earth Pony)

CM/Special Talent: Traveling

Backstory: Beaten Path was never able to stay in one place for too long. Even as a child his yearning to go everywhere and everything led him to great discovery, and eventually, success. Path has made friends of different shapes and sizes, and seen places of indescribable beauty. When he heard colonization of a new land was happening, he knew he had to do whatever he could to get a chance to explore it.

((Inpromptu OOC post, but you guys didn't specifically mention what position each of you will take. Alanoth because you're CM talent says so, I'm going to go on a highly hypothetical [in other words, a guess] that you're the Big boTravelaway, I'm going to do the same thing and assume that you're the Big boss of the Explorers. I wanted to get this rolling too, so I thought It'd be best to mention that you could post straight away.))

Brawny had been walking the entire way here, not wanting to obstruct anyone else who needed to use the carts. So when the company halted he gratefully hit the ground to rest a moment. He would only stay there awhile, then immediately went to gather the temporary structure supplies. Honestly they were just tents but he used a complicated name to make others feel better about their situation.

Name:Noontime sonnet

Talent:Farmer-gatherer

Backstory: Starting at the age of 6, Noontime was an ardent student of writing prose,poetry or anything. He made a meager living off of writing poetry, but eventually he was evicted for lack of money. He seeks to be a part of the colony in hope for a new start and promise of being able to write for decent pay

Finally you could sit down; you had gotten word that your colony had stopped. After the brief announcement, you were expecting to have to begin plowing soil, but you payed no mind. even though the trade off was a bit harsh, you could still pursue your passion.

((Because I'm bored, I'm going to do a quick cycle to show what I really meant in above post. Remember! I don't do anything except relay the story to you and regulate it's progress. Think Civilizations game series, this is the last time I'm being generous. List out your actions as a leader! Don't imply or be unclear! And keep to minimum sentences! Be serious! There's a reason rpers are cap'd at five!))

Month one, Week 2

Food & Water: Enough for one month and 3 weeks

Population: Still 50

Equipment: Same as in OP post, but tents are now up.

Status: Homes are up, and the area was surveyed a little more extensively, but only the local area.

Most of the week was spent setting up living residences for everypony to stay in, as well as getting all the gear and food into a secure storage area, which was good, because by Thursday, a light drizzle lasting about ten minutes occurred, and everypony was glad to be dry atleast. So some volunteered to take a look around the local area, and survey parties left the campsite.

Those going to the plains in the North, there were some swaths of wheat that seemed to have matured enough to be harvested. Back at the river, while the presence of fish was confirmed, the ponies knew they couldn't eat its. Towards the East, a few ponies inspected the entrances to the natural caves, and found that the stone was hard, but easy to dislodge and shape. Meanwhile, those that headed to the west saw that the trees had, Apples, Oranges, Peaches, and other assorted tree fruits. Though the most common were Apples, Oranges and Peaches. Most fruits seemed ripe, though some were young. Without anything else to do, and satisfied that they had found out what they could about the land around them, the parties returned to camp, and reported their findings. The leaders took stock of the food wasted for the week, and were pleased to see that they still had enough to last a little under a month. Well disciplined ponies were good, and when everyone is a part of an community like this, working together to survive and thrive outside known civilization was the key thing.

What, what?

Name: Brave Heart

CM talent: guardspony

Backstory: Brave had always aspired to protect those he cared about. Brave had always trained and dreed, until he finally got his wish. He is exceptionally skilled as a guard, or in worst case scenarios, a soldier. He has little skill when it comes to gathering, building some structures, and so on. However, he's not talented like most of his new friends.

Something needs added or changed, lemme know! :)

((Sure, once more I'll assume that the CM talent is your Leadership position, because that's exactly what the last three have done. Other than that, it checks out. Let's hope you can set up a perimeter before I unleash all matter of reality. And because I feel like stating it here for everyone again. You are the boss of whatever you must do. Your actions and what not will cycle for three months. Be descriptive in them, because I'm bad at implications in the early-morning/late-night))

((Everytime everypony else posts the actions they and whoever is under their leadership, contribute to the colony, I make a big post with all the fancy details and outcomes and some rp scenery to go with it. Usually, this "cycle" as I've called it, is usually three months, but since we're abit slow on the get go [that or my OP post was that descriptiveness], I hold final say on how much time has elapsed. Just think of any 4X game, like Civilizations 5, where I'm the game engine, and the rest of ye are players controlling one entity.))

It was time to set out, the time for exploring and mapping out this brave new country had finally come. Beaten Path had a few ponies with him, but he had sent other teams out with their designated leaders already, they would meet at an already discovered rock formation in a month to discuss what they'd found and collaborate their cartography.

Brave Heart decided to keep half of his numbers in for extra training, however, the new colony can't go without protection. He ordered three of his troops to guard and scout the colony, while allowing the other two to go out and guard the group of explorers should anything happen. He set the security level to FPCON Alpha, ordering his troops to keep on high alert for anything that might be out of the ordinary.

Noontime scythed away at the wild wheat that lay in the north field, with the other harvesters at his command. It wasn't like him to let others do all the work, so he too did his fair share. Based on progress that the fatmers made, the entire field should be harvested in 2 days time. From there, they would begin ploughing by the river to get acces to nice irrigation( the wheat fields would be exhausted of nutrients). After about a week of ploughing, planting would begin, and regular overseeing and irrigation would begin. Irrigation was important and all, but first priority was to get a granary set up to store food. Harvestibg of the fruit was going quite nicely in the orchards. You estimate that the net provisions you make everyday is somewhere around just enough for every pony and then enough to store for winter. It was hard working in the sun, but noontime was glad that he could return everyday to scribble poetry in his house.

((Just try to remember I'm number crunching. Moving time forward for everyone due to no response. I'll give leniency))

[colour=#282828]Month Two, Spring.[/colour]

Food & Water: [colour=#282828]Current is enough for one month and two weeks, the fruits currently collated only staving off a weeks worth of starvation (The regions are quite expansive, you just need to survey them, well, that's the explorer's job).[/colour]

Population:[colour=#282828] Still 50[/colour]

Equipment: [colour=#282828]Same as in OP post, but tents are now up, and are currently being upgraded to much more sturdier living.[/colour]

Status[colour=#282828]: Defensive perimeter is set up, but so far nopony has spotted anything dangerous. Food supplies with a net total of being able to last until the end of this year are growing and will be ready to harvest in [/colour]Two Months[colour=#282828]. Explorers doing a general survey lasting until [/colour]Month two, Week two.[colour=#282828] Current harvested wheat is enough to turn into [/colour]a month and two weeks worth of foot[colour=#282828] ((Hint hint start building Bakery, and Farmer-Gatherer's also do double duty as miners, and whatever that needs to be gathered, and the Granary requires resources to build, and building can only be done by the Craftsponies (unless inactive, then I'll takeover)))[/colour]

[colour=#282828]Ponies laboured hard and fast in order to make up for the lost time. While 10 ponies wasn't really much, the amount of work done was surprisingly fast. Within weeks, a perimeter was already formed around the camp, the ponies instructed to keep their eyes open and weapons ready, insuring that whatever dangerous beasts are kept outside. Meanwhile, the explorers had set off on an extended survey of the surrounding region, leaving the camp for around a month so as to create a better report of the area. To the camp's North, however, the Farmer-Gatherers were hard at work, harvesting the already grown wheat and putting it into a makeshift granary, where a request has gone out to the Craftsponies to build a proper one, the Farmer-Gatherers go back to work on the fields, performing with efficiency what would've taken more than a week of planting Wheat. The Craftsponies began to reinforce the tents, making them a little more sturdier an bigger, so that they could withstand the elements, though someponies have suggested tearing down the wagons in order to use the materials to make new houses, some say that they would make a better granary than a highly guarded wooden tent-box.[/colour]

However, the forests to the East had been left largely unexploited at the moment, and hence not much is still known about the cave, or even if it's an entire system where they could find metals and ores to be used to create new tools for when the old ones break, which isn't any time soon, but it never hurts to have more of one item, especially when the nearest, well stocked tool-smith is about a month's travel.

[colour=#282828]The estimates of the quotas to fulfil were made, and everypony found a little free time to explore and well... just be free, away from the city. Each night they danced and laughed, sung and told tales of the myths they heard. But they were a hardy bunch, unflinching at the weather, the danger, and the adventure. For the rest of the month, only one rain shower occurred, and it was light, but it gave the wheat some extra water, and anything marether nature was able to provide to the ponies was regarded as a blessing in disguise. But it was only Spring, and the colony had begun a month ago, there was still time to get things done before Winter and Autumn came, and by then, they knew that if they weren't prepared, they were going to have a rough time.[/colour]

Ok, so order a cycle of troops, the ones who were patrolling and exploring will come back for extra training, the ones who had extra training already will go out and patrol, if possible, aid in some building. Encourage them to mingle around on their downtime, and if desired, try to start families. FPCON will lower to Normal, allowing to go on with normal operations, however, still be cautious.

Since maintenance on the fields were pretty low, and currently Noontime hadn't gotten any word from the craftsponies yet. He decided he would toil in making a bread oven a bit away from his tent. It was hard finding sufficient clay for the walls, but after much exploration on the banks of the river and much work in making the clay, he had fashioned a nice large oven suited for cooking bread, based on the size of it he could crank out around 60 loaves everyday when he tried his hardest. By no means did it provide any spare time for writing, but still, he felt that by making an oven he was getting much done. Among other things, the requested field by the river had an irrigation system beggining to be installed, and he reckoned that if about 2 workers that he requested labor on it enough, in a months time it should be ready for planting.

P.S. (When planting gets done, there will be needed 5 farmers for field maintenance, so much off time is expected. It is advised that they go look for resources in their offline, such as wood and stone, and start fortifying their houses.)