The Dalek Project (Open)

Monochrome

You have received a mysterious invitation to assist in a scientific project. The message is not signed with a name, nor does it say what the project is, but it does have a detailed map tucked inside with a route drawn on it in red ink. Your curiosity finally gets the best of you, so you grab a few things and set off to find this mysterious pony. After a while of walking and another good look at the map, you find that the pony in question lives deep in a forest near Trottingham. The form of a huge old mansion soon appears on the horizon. The closer you draw to it, the more doubtful you are that anypony could possibly live here. It is an ominous old manor, the wooden boards on its sides beginning to rot and spiderwebs draped across the front porch. You venture onto the porch and press the button on the antique brass doorbell. You hear a few echoey tolls, resembling those of a clock tower. After a moment, the intricately carved front door creaks open, and you are greeted by an odd sight. The pony who now stares you in the eyes is a lean yellow pegasus stallion with a short grey mane and tail and a torn left ear. He wears cracked goggles that obscure his eyes from your vision, and a tattered lab coat that covers his cutie mark. However, what is really odd about him is that his wings and his right hind leg are metal, and make clicks, whirrs, and other mechanical sounds as he steps towards you. He seems to notice your map, and, before you can say anything, he whisks you into the house. You are dragged down a hallway and into a large room that seemed to be a lab.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strange stallion froze once they had reached the lab. He looked at the other pony he had just hurried inside for a moment, then began to speak. "You have received my invitation, I see. I am Mechanical Madness. You may call me Mech, for the sake of saving time." he said slowly, a grin creeping across his face as he continued to speak. "I have brought you, and a few others who should arrive soon, here to help with something... And witness the glorious outcome. You see, a few days ago, something crashed in this forest. This thing is certainly not of our world. It must have lost control above Equestria while roaming space, and crash-landed here. Regretfully, the poor creature perished on impact with the ground... However, now, I have brought it here... And I am going to use the creature's DNA to recreate it. I've already extracted a bit and begun experimenting. Whatever it was, it has an extremely high level of intelligence and is not naturally occurring... Someone or something created it. Most likely through genetic engineering."

"Well, why not? It's absolutely fascinating! I simply have to study it! And once I've recreated it... Eh heh heh... That's just what I'll do! Come here, let me give you a look at a part of this creature." Mech said, seeming absolutely infatuated with whatever this thing was and recreating it. Mech trotted surprisingly quickly for a pony with a metal leg, and led his guest to where he had something chained down- an impressive-looking brown robot or suit of armor of some kind. It had a domed head adorned with two lights and one eye stalk, two appendages that looked somewhat like a simple plunger and a whisk-like gun of some sort, and panels down the sides of its lower half that had round objects embedded in rows of four down each panel. It looked damaged, as there were burn marks, bent panels, and dents all over it. (( a better idea of this: http://robotsupremac..._the-daleks.jpg except Mech's doesn't have the living Dalek inside right now, so the eyestalk is down and the iris light is off.)) "Beautiful, isn't it?" Mech sighed dreamily, seeming to rather enjoy the sight of this intimidating thing. "This armor, I've found, is quite fantastic! When fully functional, it has a force field protecting it. Impervious to bullets, fire, just about anything unless something is fired repeatedly at the eyestalk, and in addition to that the force field burns the stuffing out of anything that dares to touch it! The only reason the creature was harmed at all upon landing in our world was because it had a technical issue that caused a fault in the force field." he continued gleefully.

"Ah, quite. But, not to worry, I've disabled all of the armor's abilities until we can be sure the creature isn't going to do anything to us. Quite harmless without the suit, judging by the pathetic thing's appearance and muscle structure. I think it spends its whole life inside that shell. I mean, look at it!" Mech said, seeming to have confidence that nothing could go wrong, as he lead his guest to a nearby table where a gelatinous greenish-pink blob, about a foot in diameter, was carefully, neatly laid out on the table. It looked like some sort of octopus with its long tentacles, but it had a large brain that protruded from what you could only assume was its head. The dead creature had one glazed green eye, and didn't appear to have a mouth unless it was hidden somewhere in the thing's slimy pink flesh. (( just imagine this guy in the second picture outside the machine, sorry I couldn't find a better picture: http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/39997/do-daleks-breathe )) Mech gazed at it for a moment, then glanced at a nearby glass cylinder with a syringe placed in a small opening at the top. A smaller blob of similar color to the grotesque creature was forming rapidly inside.

Mech shrugged off his guest's anxiety about the project. "Hm, not sure. Some of the others I invited may not have the best of map-reading skills, some may be slower, who knows. They may take a while." he mumbled as he examined his forming replica of the creature, seeming to be deep in thought. He suddenly grabbed the cylinder from the table and pressed a red button nearby, manually opening the armor suit. The midsection panels moved to the sides to reveal a hollow space inside, a few wires and trickles of slime dangling inside it. He hurriedly dumped the cylinder's contents into the cavity inside the armor suit. "I've had a bit of a realization. It needs the armor to live, and to speak. The suit of armor is both a personal tank and a life-support system, it seems." he explained briefly to his guest. The greenish-pink blob formed itself around the wires and began to take shape as the thing on the table. In a matter of awe-struckedly silent minutes, it seemed to be finished. The new creature sat still except for the rise and fall of its gelatinous body as it breathed, its eye closed, for a moment. After another anxious minute, it slowly half-opened its green eye and blinked a few times. "Eh heh, fantastic!" Mech rejoiced.

"Oh, do stop being such a pessimist!" Mech remarked lightheartedly, stepping closer to his new creation. "Hello!" he greeted it slowly, grinning widely. The creature stared blankly at him for a moment, but then it began to speak. It had a cold, commanding voice that should chill anypony with a dash of good sense to the bone, but Mech seemed to take delight in it. "I-DEN-TI-FY." the creature droned coldly. Mech grinned. "Ah, but the question here is not what I am, but what you are." he replied. The creature narrowed its eye at him. "DA-LEKS DO NOT TAKE OR-DERS. YOU WILL I-DEN-TI-FY FIRST. I-DEN-TI-FY! OBEY!" it growled mechanically, raising its voice towards the end. "Da-lek, hm?" Mech said thoughtfully, still smiling. He did, however, give a slight frown at the creature's unwillingness to answer him directly. "Ah, I didn't want to have to do this the hard way..." Mech began, but was cut off by the creature. "YOU HAVE IM-PRISONED ME, INFERIOR LIFE-FORM! EX-TER-MIN-ATE! EX-TER-MIN-ATE!!!" it shouted, shifting it's position and flailing its tentacles a bit. "Oh, don't bother, I disabled all of that rubbish." Mech remarked smugly. He stepped closer to the Dalek, face-to-face with it. "Now, I didn't want to do this, but you're going to have to answer my questions or have your suit of armor there disassembled." Mech said darkly, an undertone of warning in his lowered voice. The Dalek fell silent and stared at him.

Mech gave his guest a bit of a warning glance, then turned back to the Dalek. "Now, then. Where do you come from, Da-lek?" he said with a victorious smile. The Dalek stayed silent for a moment, then gave a brief, mildly annoyed answer. "FROM SKA-RO." Mech nodded and looked over the Dalek some more. "And what do you do?" he said. "E-LI-MIN-ATE IMPURITIES IN THE U-NI-VERSE." the Dalek replied. "Impurities?" Mech inquired, intrigued. "DA-LEKS ARE THE SUPREME RACE. ALL ELSE IS IM-PURE. WE EX-TER-MIN-ATE IT!" the Dalek said loudly. Mech gave a slight frown at this. "Oh, great, one of these kinds of species." he grumbled.

"Well, that is the tricky part. Leave it chained here, and it may figure out how to reactivate its armor and might even send out a distress signal to its fellow Daleks. Try to dismantle it, and we'd lose an excellent study subject, or might do something wrong and reactivate its shields by accident. Setting it free isn't an option, obviously. Can't hand it over to the royalty. My my, what to do with this little can of pure hatred?" Mech pondered aloud. The Dalek, although it was somewhat hard to tell, seemed to enjoy Mech's distress.

"Your... Little friend?" Mech inquired thoughtfully. "Whatever you mean, perhaps it will work. For now, let's begin studying." he added, his mood brightening a bit towards the end. He stepped close and examined the glaring creature with scrutinizing eyes. The Dalek seemed to be examining the ponies in much the same way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Breeze walked through the woods. It was late out and he could hardly see infront of him. He was happy that tje zebra's had taught him 'night trecking' it was a usful skill. Breeze kept walking and looked at the map. He soon arrived at a large lit mantion, with strange sounds coming from a basment window.

" What the buck?" Breeze asked as he walked up to the window.

• 3 weeks later...

Mech prodded at the Dalek some, the corners of his mouth curled up in a maniacally delighted sort of grin. He suddenly turned, though, as he noticed movement out of the corner of his eye... Ah, yes, a pony peering through the window. Mech shot a glance at the gelatinous pink creature he had cloned, then walked over to the window, opening it.

"Hello." he greeted the pony. "What is your business here? Do you have an, eh heh, invitation?"

His robotic hind leg clicked rhythmically, then creaked and released a puff of smoke. His mechanical wings creaked as well as he adjusted their positions.

(My OC's a Pegasus, he was just taught by Zebra's)

Breeze stumbled back as the pony opened the window. He was surprised by his look, exspecialy by his metal leg. He watched as it clicked and clanked and puffed out smoke. He starred at the leg for some time, but then he popped back to reality.

"Oh yah, invatation." Breeze handed over a small envolope to the pony.

Archived