The Dalek Project (Open)

Monochrome

Breeze perked up at Slushy. They had a Dalek of their own with them. They could win against the others now. They were officialy a team.

" You can call me Breeze, Slushy, good to have yah with us." Breeze said patting the Dalek on the back. Breeze really couldn't see it, but he was pretty sure the Dalek would smile of it had emotion.

" Now that's all said and done! Can we please get to Ponyville, I'm pretty sure the Daleks, even though slow, will be arriving shortly." Breeze said taking a quick look at a watch he had on. He put the front of his hose over his shoulder. He saw the Dalek seem to thrust its plunger into the air aswell.

" Alright Mech, we're reved up and ready, now all we need is some form of transport..." Breeze said looking around.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mech nodded and set to work in one last quick search.

"Transport, transport..." Mech muttered. "I've got a wagon outside, but... First, it may or may not be a smoldering pile of ashes by now, and second, it'll need some modification if it's going to get us to town before the Daleks. Perhaps partial conversion to steam-powered locomotion is in order."

Mech gathered the appropriate parts for the job, scooped up his little foal-creature, then headed for the stairs. He paused before he ascended them, though, looking at Slushy. Slushy stared back, then said a single word-

"E-le-vate."

With that, Slushy slowly rose from the ground, his bottom panel emanating a yellowish glow. He levitated up the stairs alongside Mech and Breeze.

Before leaving Breeze looked back at the lab. He saw a certain few objects that caught his attention.

" Hold on Mech." Breeze said dashing to the lab. He could be heard gethering parts and putting them in a bag. When he returned he was holding a large sac filled with materials. He could see that Mech was eyeing him funny.

" Just something to help us, you know things I found would be handy." Breeze said innocently putting his hoof over his chest. He then continued walking as if nothing happened. he had a feeling Mech was still eyeing him, but he proceeded out of chared mansion, carefull to step over the debree and burning hunks of whatever else was upstairs.

" This place was torn to bits." Breeze said finally reaching the front door. It was blasted clean open so he just walked through the arch that remained. He found Mechs carriage and smiled.

" perfect." He said with a grin.

Mech gave a slight nod.

"Anything we can put to good use, I suppose. Come on." he said.

He gave a sigh as they walked. His home, his lab, everything, gone. Simply embers, still-burning fragments, and ashes in the wind. The foal-creature, perched on Mech's back, seemed to sense the sadness in him, the head closest to his head gently nuzzling him. Mech remained silent as they trekked on, reaching his miraculously undamaged carriage. Mech stepped up to it, his actions slow and cautious upon hearing Dalek voices ringing out harshly once again. He took out the parts he had brought along as well as the water-morphing device, which he set in the wagon before beginning work. He hastily pieced together the needed modifications to the cart. Soon enough, he seemed to have finished, the carriage now sporting locomotive bits. Mech fiddled with a few more bits and pieces of the machinery, then climbed into the cart, gesturing for Breeze and Slushy to follow. Mech flicked a few newly-installed switches, and the carriage puffed to life. Once everyone was in, they set off, chugging along at a brisk pace. Not too far from the remains of Mech's mansion, they came across something; huge metal saucers, the trees and other foliage crushed around them where they had landed. Dalek voices could be clearly heard. Mech paused for a moment.

"Hmm... What if they're sort of like bees? Their leader hides safely away in their ship while they do the work, and if we take out the leader, they'd scatter! That could be something... Perhaps a bit more complicated, as they are murderous geniuses, but at its base that simple idea...?" he thought aloud, gazing at the colossal spacecraft before them.

Breeze starred at the space craft aswell. Mech did have a very good point, they did appear to mostly mechanical, and robots always were controled. He grabbed his water canon and stepped down from the carriage. Walking up to craft he rubbed his hoof on it examining it.

" These guys sure had one heck of a landin, the ships burned up." Breeze said. He looked around some more and then back to the cariage.

" Well, I geuss the only way to proove your littel theory dock, is to check it out for ourseves." Breeze said with a smirk. He pumped his water canon and approached a larhe gaping hole in the ship. It was large enough for a pony to enter, and it also seemed to be shaped like a Dalek.

" I geuss they had to bust out on their own." Breeze though outloud. He walked in, water canon aimed and at the ready.

Mech cautiously approached the ship with Breeze, Slushy following indirectly behind.

"Hmm. Perhaps they've been through a battle recently, and were already in shabby shape before they were summoned here...? But the cocky little psychopaths still believed they and their craft could take anything, even in this condition." Mech remarked in reply to Breeze's observations on the twisted craft.

Then they slowly approached an open wound in the ship's metal shell, daring to enter the spaceship to test Mech's theory. Mech looked to Slushy, still clutching his water cannon tightly.

"Well, you should know your way around here. Take us to your leader." Mech said to Slushy, chuckling a bit at his own joke.

Slushy looked around, then began to move, leading them through the cold interior of the ship.

Breeze felt the cold walls and hallways of the ship. They sent a chill up his spine. Sparks flew from broken grey metal walls, lights hung from wires in the ceiling. The coridors were long and they branched off into many different rooms. No Daleks could be seen on the ship though!

" They're all gone." Breeze stated to Slushy and Mech. He gripped his water cannon and peared around every corner before moving again. He felt an odd presence, like something else was on board. Perhaps Mech was right, not that he expected him to be wrong. He did seem like the pony to figure things out, so Breeze would have to be ready for this leader they were to face.

Turning down another hallway Breeze noticed a large door at the other end of the hall. It looked like it was heavily armored and it had multiple locks holding it shut. There seemed to be motion detectors or lazers of sorts in front of it, very threatening.

" Hmm." Breeze said examining it.

' Ok, my conclusion is that....it's dangerouse." Breeze said dramatically, he thought he heard a face hoof behind him, and a disaproving sound from Slushy.

• 1 month later...

((Sorry I'm late, I had all sorts of crazy stuff going on in life. But, I'm back!))

Mech gave a bit of a chuckle.

"Yes, that can be concluded here... But, you should've already known it would be dangerous as soon as we came in this ship." he remarked, examining the door. It had a rounded object in the wall at its side, accompanied by a screen with some strange symbols on it. Mech looked at that, then back at Slushy.

"We have to look at the Dalek's design, and from that we can get clues as to how they go about opening this door." he remarked, staring intently at Slushy.

He seemed particularly interested in the arm appendages. He took another look at the door, then seemed to have an idea.

"We need to find where they keep their spare parts." Mech exclaimed, setting off down the hallway.

Archived