Time for a Turnabout (Closed, PM for invite.)

NeoExlucky

Aselia shook her head. "I've already checked with my magic, there's only pages of the book in here. Time never sent mail through his raven because she was meant for business purposes only. He sent it in person or through the canterlot post in case somepony got their hooves all over it. This book connects to the letter and gives us a clue as to who it's meant for. You only have to answer one question...or perhaps you simply have to ask one question." Aselia gave a sneaky look at the plant on the window sill. "What do you put flowers in?"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yes, you put flowers in a vase. Now then, answer me this; what do you call the school of art that creates vases?" Aselia looked rather pleased with herself. "Because if I remember correctly; vases are in pottery. Time Spinner owns this book, so why did he check it out from the library? Because he was meeting a mare there, a mare who has to do with with one of three things; Pottery, vases, or flowers." Aselia turned away from the window sill. "Winter, empty the vase."

There was a glint at the bottom, like something was glowing down at the bottom of the vase. Aselia keeps her cocky grin. "Why don't you go ahead and pull it up." If what was in there was what she thought it was, then they would have an answer to this case. Alas it would result in Time Spinner's guilty verdict but at least they would finally be done with this case, and maybe they could move on to other things in life.

Aselia stared at the shiny object in dis-belief.

ZI4LIHb.png

"A...a ring? I thought it was going to be some type of weapon, or perhaps a note of some sort. Well there goes that idea." She trotted around the room,, pondering and thinking out loud. "A ring...why would Time Spinner need a ring? Why would he hide it in the vase? Was he going to propose to his marefriend? Something doesn't seem right." She turned towards the investigation team. "There's traces of Time Spinner's magic on it. We know he levitated it, we just need some more information. Why don't you ask these two about Time Spinner." She pointed to Swift Blitz and Gadget.

5fD94W3.png

Gadget and Swift Blitz gave blank stares. "Well...what do you want to know?" Swift Blitz asked.

Questions:

• Did you know Time went to the library?
  • Did Time Spinner spend any time with any other mares?
  • Other...

Gadget shook his head. "After Lyra, he didn't really talk to any mare in a romantic way."

Swift Blitz however looked very conflicted. "Well...he mentioned one mare but..."

"...he mentioned the librarian at the Canterlot Library. She's about Time's age, maybe a little younger, she took over just recently. Time Spinner mentioned a few other things about her but I don't remember them all." Swift Blitz told the two.

Gadget looked up. "That would explain why he told me he was going out all the time."

"No, like I said, she's fairly new to the library, and the royal guard has everything I need to read." Swift Blitz said. "Not to mention, Gadget only reads manuals, the only person here who would read from the library is Time Spinner."

Gadget shook his head. "For most of the time, I just thought that he was going to some other boring place, like the quill shop, or the parchment store. He's older than Swift Blitz and me, so it wasn't really our place to question where he went." Gadget told them. "Though...if he went to the library then he went to be around the librarian, right?"

Aselia nodded. "Indeed, I can sense a hint of Time Spinner's magic on it, like he was levitating it with a lot of force. Seems like he was holding it for a long period of time, or perhaps he was holding because he was nervous, that would make sense considering...the type of pony that he is." She turned to the other two. "So after talking about it for so, and with all the pieces in front of you, let's ask the question. Why is this important? Do you think that this has anything to do with the case?"

"Hmmm, well lets see, if he was holding the ring for a while, then he was nervouse about something to to with it, im guessing for a special someony in his life or something. the pottery book probably was teaching him how to make them so he could store the ring in, wich he did. Now if he wanted to hide the ring then it certainly had to be important though so like i said i think he was going to ask this special somepony of his to marry him"