Time for a Turnabout (Closed, PM for invite.)

NeoExlucky

" *pant* *pant* No...NO! I can't get caught! I-I just can't go to prison! Th-there has to be something I can do. L-let's see...I just...I need...what am I going to do?" -The murderer

(OOC: Welcome to Time for a Turnabout, this is my first picture rp, you'll be put through the pheonix wright gameplay styles of court mode, where you have to prove Time Spinner did not commit the crime, and investigate mode, where you have to find evidence throughout locations that are relative to the crime scene. Anyway, let's start.)

On May 5, 2013, a young lady by the name of Pick-a-lily was murdered. No one had called the police until 3:35 AM the person who called was another mare by the name of Sky wisher. When the police arrived, one stallion was found nearby, he was perfectly conscious and sane, his name was Time Spinner. Time Spinner was taken to the canterlot detention center, where he awaits the trial, which will begin on May 7, 2013. The date today is May 6th. Time Spinner does not yet have a lawyer for him, but that's very surprising. There aren't many lawyers in Equestria and not many will take murder cases. This is why many detectives can take the case as a sub-lawyers, however this also means that more than one prosecutor can be on the case as well. Time Spinner sits all alone in the detention center, he's told that he has a visitor but no pony has arrived so far.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Since I feel that my main OC,ArrowWing,has a personality and such that wouldn't quite fit the role he will play,I will use a OC that still is in beta,but I think will do better in this spot.)

A average-sized stallion walks into the detention center's visitor room.His red coat and black mane is well groomed without a single hair out of place.The expression on his face is extremely plain,leaving everyone around without knowing if he is happy or not to be here.He stands looking around with his black tie neatly applied as he notices the reason he came here.He walks up to to the framed pony and with a matured and deep voice,speaks the sentence on his mind out of his lips,"By the description I was told of your appearance,you must be Time Spinner,correct?" he asks with his brown brown eyes locked onto him.

Starwing was walking up into the crime scene when she saw the two ponies. "Hi!" She said softly. "Do you guys know what's going on around here?" She asked, quite confused.

(Uh, Dashie, we are currently in the detention center, which is kind of like a jail.)

Time Spinner eyed the stallion who walked into the room, studying him as if a test were about to come up. He opened his mouth to speak, but stopped and kept looking. After some more looking over Time Spinner finally spoke. "Yes, I am Time Spinner." He sighed heavily. He didn't even know why they locked him up, just that some mare had been killed but that was all he knew, or perhaps all he was letting on.

(Oh sorry. Early in the morning)

Starwing had walked into the detention center. She was looking around for a stallion, called Time Spinner. "Um, is there a pony called time spinner here?" She asked.

The Stallion looks over at the pony that entered the room,signals her to come towards the two,and locks his eyes back onto Time Spinner. "I can tell you want to be here as much as I do.I will be working your case." he says matching Time Spinner's enthusiasm. "My family calls me Charles,but you will call me Mr.Gene.I wish to ask you a few question regarding the crime." he says keeping his tone well clear that he doesn't wish to mess around.

Time Spinner scrunched his nose, and glared at the Stallion. Time Spinner was not amused, he despised being talked down to, even if...if he was being held for murder. He looked up to the mare, who he seemed to be a bit...well Time Spinner didn't know what word to use. After studying her as much as he could, he coud not get a good signal from the mare. He turned his attention back to the Stallion. "I don't like being told what to do, and if you don't want to be here, you might as well leave." He didn't want somepony who only wanted money or was doing this for other reasons to represent him. He wanted a lawyer who believed he was innocent, it would help his case if he had that. The unicorn sighed. "Ask your questions."

Starwing looked around the center. She glanced up at the stallion beside her. "Um, sorry, but, do you know a pony named, um, Time Spinner?" She asked the stallion standing beside her. She needed to find whoever this Time Spinner was. She had something important to tell him.

(Winter, I know who 'she' is but no one else does. At least not yet.)

Time rolled his eyes and huffed. "Might as well, if I have to take my chance between you or court banishment, might as well put up with you." He looked surprised as the hooded pony sat down, he could tell that she was indeed a she, mostly by the clothing but he couldn't tell who she was, or if she had seen her before. "So, there's going to be three ponies on my case? Well, that seems weird. Though I guess it is stated in Equestrian law that if the court decides it, there can be multiple defense attorneys." He gave another sigh.

(We're about to being Questioning mode, so get ready.)

"Well,hopefully in this case,more is better." Charles says as he seats himself."So,Time Spinner,since you know why we are all here,we don't have to say.Now,is there anything you think we should know before we start the questioning?" he asks with curiosity.

Time Spinner looks around. "Only to find my friend, Aselia, once your done here. She can help you."

(Ooc: Welcome to question mode! Basically you can ask Time a bunch of questions, I suggest 2-3 and then leave another option open, you can ask as many questions as you want, but this mode is actually meant for something you don't have yet.)

Questions:

• Did you know the victim?
  • Who is Aselia?
  • Why did you get accused?
  • Other questions (Anything you think might be important.)

(Remember: This is a giant puzzle, you'll get different answers to different things when you have the right pieces of evidence or information.)

"Let's see if I can answer those questions. Aselia should be at my house, she's staying with my little sister. She's just my friend, and no she isn't why I was around the crime scene, I was looking for my pet Raven, Nevermore." Time Spinner said with a rather annoyed expression on his face. He must have been asked these questions already when he was first questioned by the police.

(A little late for it but still, here's your first piece of evidence.)

0SRmvPh.png

Time Spinner stops cold. For a second something flashes, there was something around him for sure. Whatever it was no pony can see it anymore. Time Spinner is rigid, his eyes drop to floor, and in a low and stern voice he says. "No." He doesn't seem like he will talk about that any further. "If your done asking questions, I can direct you to my house. You can find Aselia there."

Questions:

• Did you know the victim? [Locked]
  • Who is Aselia?
  • Why did you get accused?
  • Other questions (Anything you think might be important.)

"...Just tell us the address and we'll make our way there after we're done.So,how were you feeling the night of the crime when you were looking?Where you afraid you weren't going to find your raven?Or were you determined that you were going to find him?Or is it a her?" Charles asks,"I know these few questions are a little weird but I have my reasons."

"Ever since she was a hatchling, she's always been able to find her way back to me. It was a bit odd for her to be out so late. I knew I'd find her somewhere, she's smart enough to stay close, but when I couldn't see her, I thought there might have been a problem. Nevermore's a frost raven, she's white so I should be able to see her in the dark easily but not once did I see anything. There was a sense of dread in the air. Anyhow, near the end I did find her but then I found myself face to face with...her." He said with a shudder. He was talking about the dead body near the end. "There's a fairly large building on Trotter road, it should say 'History in the making' that's my home, you can't miss it."

"Ok.A frost raven isn't very common around here,so at least you'll know her when you see her.Now,you say you saw the body?I know this might be hard,but could you tell me anything about the body?The position?Was there blood?If so,how much?Were the eyes open or closed?" Charles kept asking with only slight compassion."Maybe you heard or saw something before that stood out?Did you hear a scream?Did you see a pony?The more we know about your night,the more we can help you." he says trying to make sure Time spinner answer the questions.He know that if Charles doesn't get enough from that night,his fate will be sealed.

"I don't know anything about the body." Time Spinner said in a passive aggressive tone. His voice cracked and once again it seemed like something flashed around him, but it was too quick to see. It was almost as if it didn't exist and it was simply an illusion that was concocted in your head, yet it also seemed like it was an outside force. What was it?

"...Ok.I think we've gotten all we need." Charles says towards Time Spinner,but his eyes seemed more focused around him, "I'll come back if I have any more questions.".He gets back onto all fours and turns,"Lets go,you two." he says to his partners,"And Time Spinner,don't get too comfortable here,because you'll be out and back home in no time."

Winter listens in to everything that was being said out loud mentally taking notes. She looks Time Spinner over to see if she can see any traits of him being a killer. "Nothing, absolutely nothing. their's no sign that this stallion is a murderer" she says to herself, she looks over at the pony asking the questions. "It seems this is a one to get the job done with all the details. "She says again to herself. She scratches her head thinking a bit. "Umm excuse me i hope you don't mind me butting in, but who is this aselia again, I'm sorry if you said it before but i have been absent minded for a bit." she says looking over at time spinner