Special Delivery: Hay Family Farm (ENDED)

Mojo

When he finished his kiss, the griffon carefully pulled away as not to hurt her with his sharp black beak. "I apologize for being so assertive. Hard to hold back my inner griffon assertive tendencies, especially in the presence of such a lovely mare. In regards to all griffons being as sweet and kind as me, most of that comes from living around ponies for so long. When I first came here, I promised myself that I wouldn't be soft and prove my siblings right. Seems like they were right, not that it matters I guess. I prefer being this way to being an angry claw for hire," he mused aloud, a few shrieks interrupting his thought process as a few bats abandoned a local tree and flew off into the darkness. Gerrard blinked and held his date close, used to having to deal with bats at night.

"Just some bats getting up for their morning work. Well, morning for them I guess, it is rather late out now," he explained with a heavy yawn as he traced their movement through the darkness. "Do you want to go to the local scary movie or call it a night? I have a nice place for you to stay if you are tired," the griffon warmly to his friend as he stretched out on the bench as the lights flickered lightly in the darkness. "But as you already stated, yes, it was a nice kiss," he chuckled calmly for her as he hopped off the bench.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haymaker was now completely enthrauled with Gerrard! She didn't want this evening to end! Sure, it was getting late and she was in a strange city, but none of that mattered to her. This charming griffon had literally swept the red maned country mare off her hooves!

"Wow! A moving picture show? I'd love to see that! I've only been ta one of those twice in mah life, and each time I went with mah brother and sister. Had ta keep an eye on little Haywire cause she was always tossin' popcorn at her schoolmates er makin' funny noises at the wrong times during the movie. How fer is the theater from here?"

This night was just getting better and better! Haymaker was so excited, she could hardly contain herself!

Gerrard smiled and gestured for her to follow at his side while he extended a black wing over the back of his white coated date. "In Canterlot, nothing is very far away. It's only a few blocks away, this city is very compact. The only movies showing this late are scary movies. I hope that isn't a problem Lady Haymaker. The big tough griffon will try to protect you from the werewolves in the movie and such," he explained warmly, puffing his feathered chest out at the somewhat silly notion that the movies might harm her.

The griffon proudly led his date through the nearly empty city streets as the residents of the city slept beneath Luna's moon. There weren't many ponies wandering the streets, not that it bothered the griffon. A cold wind sliced through the streets trying to chill the pair before they could reach the movies. "The city can get rather cold at night, stay close. We are basically at the top of a mountain after all," he warned, holding her close to him with his strong wing.

Haymaker was very happy to be going to the movies, and that the theater was close by. Being held close to Gerrard under his wing gave the red maned mare a deep sense of security as well as warmth. No guy had ever shown so much care and concern for her in all her times of dating and relationships.

"I don't mind see'n a scary movie, long as I'm with you," Haymaker said with a smile before hearing her date boast of how he'd protect her. This display of bravado made her giggle a little bit, knowing that he was being humerus with her. As Gerrard warned her about the cold, Haymaker snuggled up closer to the charming griffon as the two prepared to enter the theater.

"Looks like we got here jist in time, this here's the last showin' tonight!"

Gerrard carefully lead his date up to the theater and glanced at the billboard that labeled the movie name. "Attack of the were ponies. Rated S for super scary. Lovely, movie description," he chuckled as he payed for the movie and lead her out the cold and into the lobby of the theater. Numerous movie posters lined the walls as they covered a wide range of topics from romance to the exploits of six super hero friends. "Anything you want to order dear?" Gerrard added almost as if they were a couple as a few strange looking ponies with fangs walked past the pair.

"The nights bring out all of the weirdo's" he whispered to his date with a laugh as he folded up his wing and let his date stretch out a bit. "There might be a disturbance during the movie, just keep an eye out during the movie," he warned with a smile, gently nuzzling his date with his poofy head feathers as they reached the counter to get their food.

Haymaker also noticed a number of oddity dressed/costumed movie patrons among them. Although she felt an immediate sense of fear, that discipated quickly when she thought of her dashing date who already promised to keep her safe. She saw all of the awesome movie posters, smiling in awe at the number and variety of cinema available in Canterlot! Then she was asked what she wanted to order. Although their supper was very filling, Haymaker did like having snacks to munch on when attending the theater.

"Well, since ya asked me, Gerrard, I would like a bag of popcorn, a large soda and a box of taffy please."

Haymaker was both nervous and excited about seeing a movie with Gerrard. She loved being with him and truly treasured his company. A scary movie? This would be a new experience for her, both she was more than happy to view it with Gerrard!

Gerrard nodded as she made her request, the griffon paying a few bits at the counter for the overly priced food and drinks before leading his date into the movie theater. The room was dark and they had to round a corner that was decorated with a wide array of scary looking cut outs. It vaguely reminded him of Nightmare Night the more he thought of it, the griffon leading his date into the theater. Gerrard gestured for Haymaker to take her seat next to him in the sparsley populated movie theater. The other guests looked like 'regulars' who got a kick out such horror movies, their hopefully fake fangs and bat wing attachments were just for show. Bat ponies were mostly seen as an old wise tale, but it did stir up a bit of his memory about the changeling invasion he had experienced a few months earlier.

"Did I ever tell you about my last time I was in Ponyville? I was there 'celebrating' Nightmare Night with my custom made gargoyle costume. And when I went into one of the buildings for a few treats, a bunch of changelings tried to capture us all. It was a rather scary ordeal, but I managed to keep my cool. I met a bunch of ponies with grotesque costumes that made the jokers in this room look tame," he explained with a chuckle as the previews and advertisements started to roll on. "I met a crystal pony librarian, and even pulled some griffon out of a cocoon. Her name was Gilda I think, a tough cookie if I ever saw one," he joked while having no idea about her bad reputation. They tried to take us down but I caught one in my talon and used him as a flail to show them to leave ponyville alone," Gerrard proudly declared as he carefully placed their refreshments down and flashed his strong black claws.

"Thank ya, Gerrard," Haymaker said with a wide grin as she accepted her food and drink and followed her date into the inner theater area. Seeing the scary cutouts on the wall as well as many 'vampire bat' suited patrons in the audience gave the red maned mare a brief fright but then she came back to her senses. Taking her seat next to Gerrard, she appreciated how her date took the time to set all her food around her for easy reach. Then Gerrard explained how he spent Nightmare Night in Ponyville during the brief changling invasion. This sent chills up her spine.

"Well Gerrard, me an' my siblings were there durin' Nightmare Night too!" Haymaker explained. "After Hayseed an' I dropped off Haywire over at the Scary Obstacle course, both of us went and got some refreshments before we took a walk out of town. Then when the Changling Invasion took place, we couldn't git back in town ta see what happened ta little Haywire. But as luck would have it, that sneaky little filly took her slingshot with her and used it ta fight back agin' all the changlings that had taken over the Obstacle Course. Her bravery stood out so much, she got invited to a Recognition Dinner by Princess Celestia herself! Ta think, as much as that slingshot of hers was always gitt'n her inta trouble, ol' Haywire found a way ta put it to good use fer a change!"

Haymaker breathed out a heavy sigh. She still felt guilty about not being able to reach her little sister to save her from the changlings. The thought of her younger sister being in danger scared her more than any movie ever could....

Gerrard nodded when he thanked her, the griffon getting comfortable in his seat while she looked over his bounty of refreshment. "Sorry to hear that you were involved too. If I wasn't sealed into the house by an unfortunate and gross changeling goo, I would have broke out sooner and swatted away more of the flies. The crystal pony fainted and there were a bunch of scared ponies I had to protect. I may have grabbed a changeling by the leg and beat him over the heads of his nefarious associates. But I am glad to hear that she used her rambunctious nature to do some good work," he explained apologetically as he wrapped a talon around her shoulder and nuzzled her comfortly.

"They invited me to the dinner too, but I opted not to go. I don't need a commendation from the princess to know I did a good thing. I'm sure your sister had a great time though. It probably would have been worth the trip to the castle just to see the smile on her face. I bet she is a cutie," he added with a smile, deciding to focus more on the good than the bad of the incident. After a few moments of silence from the griffon, a loud howl filled the room as the movie started up, the screen showing off a rabid looking pegasus covered in thick fur.

Gerrard's words were very comforting and assuring. This wonderful griffon just had such a gentle manner and calm confidence in him that make Haymaker feel better.

"Thanks, I reckon little Haywire is a cutie, when she ain't gitt'n herself inta trouble all the time," the red maned mare said with a smile.

Suddenly, the theater became dark as the movie was starting. The quick appearance of the howling, fur covered Pegasus frightened Haymaker, taking her by surprise! As if by reflect action, she reached out and grabbed Gerrard, holding tightly unto him while quaking in fear.

"Yeah, family members can be rambunctious. They always mean well, even if they are a complete pain in the back sometimes," he replied in a low whisper as a few of the 'bat ponies' in the theater started hissing at their disruption. The confident griffon smiled as she squeezed onto him, finding the whole spectacle amusing. The howls continued in the movie and it went on with screams of terror and a surprising amount of running. The movie seemed to be scene after scene of fright followed by surpises to further startle the weak of heart.

The brave griffon cuddled up closer to his frightened date and kept an arm wrapped around her as his eyes strayed away from the movie to check on the strangers in the movie theater. They had quieted down and were completely engrossed in the movie from what he could tell, something he found to be a relief. "It's just a movie, nothing to worry about. Although I believe the movie gets much scarier," he whispered to his date before hearing another scream from the movie as one of the ponies was conrnered by the were pegasus. Gerrard covered her eyes with one of his smooth black talons, shielding her from the corny yet frightening bites of the movie as the werewolves started multiplying.

Haymaker thought she was ready for a scary movie. She considered herself a brave mare, one that could recognize that things on a motion picture screen were NOT real. However, at this moment in time, many of the scenes in this movie was frightening to her. As she shook in fear, she felt the presence of her date, Gerrard, holding her close. This made the red maned mare smile, feeling safe and secure in his embrace. Hearing him reassure her about this being just a movie was also helpful. All those special effects seem SO REAL! Haymaker was so engrossed in the movie, she was barely able to eat her snacks let alone speak.

"This movie sure is, realistic, ain't it?" she nervously whispered to Gerrard.

Gerrard knew a few of the techniques used to make some of the effects, but he chalked up most of it to clever use of magic. He glanced over to see his shivering and frightened date clutching his torso. He smiled warmly and gently comforted his date as best he could before lowering his head to her ear.

"We can leave if this movie is too scary for you. I think someone is about to get eaten in the next scene," the noble griffon explained as he saw a few bat dressed ponies cringe as well.

"Eaten?" Haymaker asked softly as she looked up towards the movie screen. Though she was afraid, common sense soon prevailed in her mind. How could she ever think of leaving the movie early? After all, Gerrard has been a very gracious host and a perfect date tonight. How could she possibly consider forcing Gerrard to miss the rest of the movie he paid for them both to see.

"No Gerrard, let's stay and watch the rest of the film," the red maned mare whispered. "It's all just make believe and special effects. I know nothing can harm me when you're with me."

Haymaker emphasized her last statement by hugging the griffon even closer than before. Her mind was made up, she was going to endure the rest of the movie with Gerrard.

"Okay, if that is what you want to do. I don't mind if you hug me to death in public or private. I've already seen this movie and I don't want you to suffer for my sake," he explained with a chuckle as he felt her shivering hooves against his chest.

He thought over her words for a moment and smiled lightly before stroking her mane with his free talon. "I'll make sure nothing bad happens to you. I can promise that at least," Gerrard calmly remarked as the movie went on. He kept an eye on both his date and the movie as he managed to resist the urge to lurch back at every sudden surprise in the movie.

"Thank you," Haymaker whispered as she continued to sit with Gerrard. Even with the knowledge that he'd seen this film before, the red maned mare was determined to view the rest of the film. She always thought of herself as a brave, strong pony so now she was going to prove it to herself. As the movie progressed, Haymaker still felt scared at some scenes and at those times, she hugged her date while quaking in fear. She couldn't help herself, those movie scenes were so realistic!

When the movie ended, Haymaker was still holding on to Gerrard. As the house lights brightened, she looked up at him and asked, "Is it over?"

Gerrard watched on until the movie was over and the lights came back on. He held her close and smiled when she asked if the movie was over. "You were pretty brave to sit through all of such a scary movie," the griffon commented before nuzzling his date and standing up. He lent his talon to his date and gently helped her back to her hooves.

The griffon let out a deep yawn and glanced over to the door. "I think it is pretty late now. I even saw some of our 'bat pony friends', yawning during the movie. You about ready for a good nights sleep?" he asked with a smile, feeling a bit tired himself while he got used to the bright lights of the theater.

As Haymaker yawns, she nodded in acknowledgment to Gerrard's statement.

"Reckon I am a bit tuckered out. We farmin' folk usually go ta bed early an' rise early," the red maned Earth mare said, "This has been a great night, Gerrard, I can't thank ya enough fer showin' me a good time."

Haymaker was so full of joy, she couldn't help but maneuver in front of the griffon and planted a long kiss on his beak. The red maned mare had never kissed on a first date before in her entire life, but at this moment in time, it just felt like the right thing to do. Suddenly, many of the departing patrons at the theater glanced over at the couple, some giving very disapproving looks to them.

His yawn was apparently contagious, causing his date to copy him as he stood up from his sit in the theater. "I usually stay up late and wake up whenever I want to roll out of bed. I got to have a bit of fun with my special somepony and now I'm all tuckered out," he explained with a smile before getting a big kiss on his beak.The normally confident griffon was caught off guard for a moment at her sudden show of affection as she kissed his long black beak. "The pleasure is really mine. I was planning on loafing about alone all evening. At least I got to spend some time with someone," he added warmly for his date before spotting a few disapproving onlookers.

He felt like a few of the rude looks probably had to be dealt with in a manner the passive aggressive manner they all seemed to act. Gerrard glanced to his date to make sure she saw that some other ponies were being rude and lifted up for talons and looked at them for a moment. "Do you know of any good local scratching posts in town? I think my talons are getting too long and sharp. All the ones I found in the theater keep running away from me. You know how much I hate having to fly and swoop down on my posts. It's awkward and I usually end up breaking the posts in half. Alas, the life of a griffon," he mused aloud in a legitimate sounding voice while being sure that only she could see him wink back at her to make sure she knew he was joking to the judgemental onlookers.

Reading Gerrard's facial gestures correctly, Haymaker understood what the griffon was doing. She tried not to giggle when she witnessed many of the rude ponies almost trampling over each other trying to get away from the couple.

"Ya didn't have to do that, Gerrard, but I gotta admit, that sure was fun ta watch!" Haymaker shouted as the two walked down the street together. "So, you mentioned that there was a place fer me ta bed down fer the night? Where would that be? Is it far from here?"

In her haste to leave home for her date, Haymaker hadn't given any thought about where she'd stay if it got too late to return to the farm. The night had flown by so quickly and went so well, the red maned mare never really pondered the question till now.

The griffon smirked when she shouted with delight at his fear tactics towards the troublemakers. The night was moving onward steadily and Gerrard was starting to feel rather tired himself. When she asked about a place for her to stay, the griffon nodded and lead her around a corner to one of the residential districts of the city.

"You can stay with Asteria. She lives in her parent's manor when she is in town. Just watch out for her parents, they are an odd bunch, not as somber as Asteria, but still strange," he warned playfully while leading her up to a rather formidable two story residence. "Any parting words my dear," he added with a smile for her as he knocked on the door.

Haymaker was relieved to know Gerrard had already planned ahead for her. And to stay with Asteria, that will be, interesting. The unicorn mare who brought her to Canterlot seems a bit, emotionless, but that was of no concern to the red maned mare now. Haymaker giggled a little when her griffon date mentioned Asteria's parents. She hoped that the rude stallion who had belittled her at the door earlier in the day wasn't Asteria's father. Those thoughts vanished when Gerrard asked if she had any parting words. This was a night Haymaker would remember.

"Oh Gerrard, I can't thank you enough fer the time we've spent together tonight. You're a true gentlegriffon and meeting you was definitely worth the trip!" Haymaker neighed as she instinctively reach her front hooves out to give Gerrard a warm embrace. Tears of joy formed in the grateful mare's eyes as she hugged him.

Gerrard was glad that Asteria's home stayed active into the wee hours of the night, letting him drop by at almost any time of the day. He turned his attention to his date just in time to get a heartfelt hug. He smiled for her and squeezed her back tightly just in time for the door to the home to open and reveal a white unicorn in a maid outfit. "Thank you my dear for the evening it was a great time. I hope to meet you again in the near future. Asteria knows where my home is and you obviously know where I work. She knows my schedule pretty well, unless I have to go cross country for some work. Have a goodnight Lady Haymaker," he explained warmly for her, gently kissing the earth pony on the cheek before waving farewell to her and flying off into the darkness.

"I see that you like your stallions tall dark and handsome. How dreamy," the white coated unicorn maid remarked playfully as she leaned against one of the railings outside of the manor in a dramatic manner. She was somewhat tall and had an easy on the eyes blonde mane that contrasted her fiery red eyes. "So, Haymaker, want to go see Asteria, she was dying to meet you again," she exaggerated playfully before collecting herself and scooting over to the side of the well dressed earth pony.

As Haymaker waved goodbye to Gerrard, her heart sank. She had only just met this dashing, gentle-griffon a few short hours ago, but he had clearly stolen her heart. Letting out a heavy sigh, the red maned mare's ears perk up when she heard the maid talking. Quickly turning around, Haymaker forced a smile on her face, trying to hide the fact that she already missed Gerrard.

"Yes, I had a great time with Gerrard," Haymaker spoke to the maid, "no stallion ever treated me as nice and polite as he did. He was a perfect gentle-griffon all the way!"

Then the maid spoke of Asteria waiting on her.

"Yeah, sure! I'm lookin' forward ta seein' her too! Lead the way!" Haymaker neighed happily as she eagerly followed where the maid would lead her. As she got another look inside the elegant house, it began to dawn on her that Asteria must come from a wealthy unicorn family. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing wrong with living at home with your parents too. Though the visiting Earth Pony did begin to wonder why Asteria would work as a delivery pony when, from the looks of all these trappings of wealth, she really didn't need to work at all.

The house was rather fancy, white walls adorned with exquisite ornaments that had a multitude of meanings. "So what was your date like? Was he a good kisser? I wouldn't have been able to tell that you were a black griffon sort of gal at first glance. Kudos to you for trying new things. Asteria is in the first room on the right on the second floor," she probed playfully as she squeezed up close to the mare.

As soon as she had finished speaking, the maid darted up to the top of the stairs and glanced down on Haymaker. "Feel free to walk up the stairs, I will help you out," she remarked excitedly as her white horn glowed red. As her horn glowed, the edges of the earth pony's dress glowed a matching color as she lifted it to allow her to walk up the stairs. "Come along dear," she added mischievously as she wore a toothy grin.

Archived