Special Delivery: Hay Family Farm (ENDED)

Mojo

Haymaker felt a little more at ease as she talked with the maid.

"Oh, Gerrard took me out ta supper at this wonderful delicatessen and then we went out to a scary late night movie! And I have ta admit, he kisses good, fer a guy with a beak I mean. Well, I reckon I never thought about datin' a griffon before, but he was so nice ta me, can't help but love a guy like that. Don't much matter ta me he's got talons and feathers, he's got a great personality and a good heart. That's what really matters ta me."

Then the maid walked up the stairs, the red maned mare noticed how she was using her magic to help her climb them.

"Much obliged, miss. Hay, what's your name anyway? I sure do appreciate your kindness!" Haymaker said as she slowly walked up the stairs.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The maid listened intently to the story, her reaction hinging on every word. "How romantic, I almost envy you. I'm married to a gruff old stallion. He might not have feathers, but he is the most loyal stallion I know. In fact," she reported playfully getting interrupted as the door to Asteria's room opened.

The white unicorn maid gasped and closed her red eyes before bowing before the black mare. "Lady Asteria, your guest has arrived," she whispered lowly to the stoic mare. Asteria blinked and drifted her gaze over to the maid. "Mother, please refrain from lying to my guests. Lady Haymaker, my mother is a former actress and she partakes in all opportunities to practice her craft," Asteria calmly explained as her mother sheepishly hung on the back of the well dressed earth pony.

"Oh my, to be had by my own daughter. Woe is me, never trust your family," she dramatically protested, crying as she spoke back, creating a spectacle with Haymaker in the middle.

Haymaker looked very stunted at the revelation that the 'maid' was actually Asteria's MOTHER.

"Whoa! That sure was a great performance, ma'am, had me fooled completely," the red maned mare confessed. Then, when Asteria's mother reacts dramatically and leans on her, Haymaker was very confused.

"Er, Asteria, I can't tell if'n yur mom's still actin' or not. If she's still actin', she orta git an award fer this scene, but if'n she ain't actin', she seems mighty sad. Is thar anythin' I kin do ta help?"

Asteria watched her mother closely as the concerned earth pony asked if her mother was legitimately crying. "It would be wise to assume that she is always acting. By perpetually acting, Lady Star has established that she is more interested in your attention than expressing any grief that she may or may not have. In the even that she does indeed need to grieve, she will know that her actions have compromised her credibility and she will be morally obligated not to complain about your inability to believe her. The simplest analogy of this would be the story of the boy who cried wolf too often and was inevitably eaten when nobody was willing to believe him," the black mare calmly explained to the other two ponies in the room, explaining the folly of her mother's actions. The white unicorn frowned and crossed her forelegs while draped over the back of Haymaker, taking in her daughter's words in silence.

A deep sigh filled the room as Ms. Star gave up her ruse and flipped over the back of Haymaker and deftly landed on two hooves, spreading her two free ones to show off her balance to all interested parties. "Thank you for bringing Lady Haymaker to my room mother. I believe that all parties involved would be well served if we went back to our own devices," Asteria politely commented, her fiery eyes returning and equally hot gaze back to her mother as the pair stood at a standoff. After a moment of awkward silence, the older mare smiled and trotted out of the room, waving farewell to the pair. "Bye Miss Haymaker and Asty," she replied before leaving the pair alone in Asteria's room. With her mother gone, the stoic courier turned her attention back to her guest, the black unicorn deciding to make ammends for her mother. "I apologize if my mother offended you are caused any harm or distress to you with her actions. Can I help you in any way? Do you need food or any service before you go to sleep?" she politely added, keeping her voice and disposition as calm and controlled as ever, in the face of someone as exasperating as her mother.

Asteria's room was almost as spartan as one might expect, her room consisting of two large and comfortable beds and a long table that stretched from one side of the room to the other. The wall behind the table was layered with her awards and certificates, showing off most of accomplishments to anyone who was interested. They ranged from her degrees from The University of Canterlot, to her distinctions awarded to her from the Aquellian government. The room itself had a subdued color scheme and was carefully lit to provide the most efficient use of lighting energy.

Haymaker yawns as she listens to Asteria.

"Thanks a heap fer the offer of food, but I'm fine now. It's been a wonderful night, and I truly appreciate ya introducing me ta Gerrard, but I'm really bushed now. If'n ya don't mind, I really jist wanna hit the hay. I wish there was some way I could repay ya fer all your kindness, Miss Asteria. You have a lovely home and I'm so glad yer lettin' me stay here fer the night."

The red maned mare was very tired now, she can barely keep her eyes open. Although she was exhausted, it was the greatest night of her young life. She'd never forget Gerrard, and Asteria.

Asteria nodded as she spoke, taking a seat on the bed farthest from door. The mare was even able to hide how tired she was, the strange unicorn's stoic face managing to look as focused as ever. "The closest bathroom is adjacent to this bedroom. Feel free to use it at your leisure. If you need any other assistance, feel free to ask Lady Haymaker. Your visit is appreciated, I like to expand my list of contacts whenever possible. There is no need to repay my hospitality," she politely remarked to her guest as her long black horn glowed red and slowly began to dim the lights as the mare stood close to her bed.

The dark unicorn closed her fiery eyes and found a comfortable place in her bed. "Goodnight," she added calmly her tone remaining constant as she lowered the speed of her voice before preparing to go to sleep. It had been an interesting day for all parties involved, and it seemed highly likely that their paths might cross in the near future.

"Thanks fer everything, Miss Asteria," Haymaker said as she made her way to the spare bedroom. The red maned mare quickly took off her fancy dress and walked into the bathroom to get ready for bed. After brushing her teeth and putting on the nightgown she saw hanging on a hook inside, the tired mare walked over to the huge, plush bed and tucked herself in. Although this was by far the greatest bed she's ever entered, her tired body wouldn't allow her to bask in it's glory. Haymaker instantly fell asleep, visions of the kind, gentle griffon she had spent the evening with dancing in her head. Looks like her dreams would be just as wonderful as her date! For the first time in a long time, Haymaker was truly happy, the smile on her face revealing all as she slumbered in bed.

THE END

Archived