Night Clubs in Equestria

Slazer

I'm just looking for clarification about whether night clubs, and associated equipment such as turntables, are present in WoE Equestria. I know we, of course, have Vinyl Scratch/DJ Pon-3 as a canon DJ and a few examples of venue music in the show- Rarity's fashion show in "Suited for Success" and the dance at the end of "A Canterlot Wedding" spring to mind as immediate examples- but I'm talking full-on dance clubs or raves within the inner cities of large cities like Canterlot, Manehatten, or Las Pegasus. I've seen this sort of setting depicted many times in FiM fanfiction, but I'm well aware that WoE is very adherent to show canon, so I wanted to get some opinions from above before I started planning any threads in this setting.

Night clubs featuring electronic dance music should be okay as long as the following guidelines are followed:

1. Don't go too overboard with highly technologically-advanced stage effects. If something can't be done with magic or pre-1950s technology, it's going to be too futuristic for WoE and CC's setting.
  2. Under ZERO circumstances are recreational drugs to be incorporated into such an environment. Thanks to negative connotations with illegal drug use, we ask that you don't use the term "rave" in WoE/CC. Instead, stick to more neutral terms like "night club" or "party".

1. The fun thing about magic is that DJ unicorns would probably have the ability to put on light shows with their spells.

2. I understand the reasoning there. I had no intention of referencing narcotics or illicit substances of any kind.