Aponyture Science (Open, basic knowledge of Portal recommended)

Monochrome

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He waited for a long moment, but nobody came for him. He slowly raised his head and looked around for anything helpful, whether it be his promised associate come to collect him, an escape route, or anything else. He noticed that the upper part of the wall across the flames from him was a metal mesh, but it was rusty and had a large hole in it, certainly more than enough to fit a pony. Beyond the mesh didn't seem to be part of the chamber, like the strange den with the drawings he had found earlier, but was lined with pipes and other inner workings of the facility. If he could find a way up there, perhaps he could find a way out of this place...

There was nothing in particular that stuck out to him. Suddenly, Data Stream's voice droned over the intercom again.

"Well, I suppose while we're waiting I could tell you some interesting tidbits of information. For example, the portal device does not affect velocity, as it is maintained between portals. In simpler terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out."

As predicted, he did fly out of the other portal as fast as he had run into the first. Luckily for him, one of the moving platforms saved him from plummeting into the fire. He shot a portal at the wall next to him and returned to the overseer's deck, silently calculating just how to catapult himself into that hole.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

((I'd kind of like to get this one going again. You don't even have to do much to catch yourself up before joining, just read the first post!))

((now if im correct, in this RP so far DataStream is like glados?))
Common Sense Core or other wise known as CoSeC (Coe-sec) was a core to apply common sense to data stream. until he was roughly ejected, he manage to gain control of his own processor. he could now have control without a base of operation. He was a bit glitchy though, he twitched alot while he glided on the AI rail. He knew something was wrong when he booted up on the floor with no one around. He managed to find someone through the entire empty facility, it was a Pegasus... but he wasnt alone, data stream was guiding him through out the tests... He didnt know what went wrong but he had to stick to the shadows to find out. If he was caught he could probably be shut down as he would be identified as a unknown A.I. His green eye, followed the Pegasus and data streams voice. but he decided to stop wasting time and get to the bottom of things. He found one of the workers old computer info process. He decided to link up with it and search through the files, but than it happened. the alert that an unknown link was in the computer system. CoSeC unplugged himself in a panic.

((Yep, exactly. ^u^ ))

Data Stream pricked her ears up, taking her attention off of the test subjects for a moment when she received an alert. An unknown link in the system? Now, who could be doing that? Data Stream looked into it a bit, then called out over the intercom.

"Alright, who's playing with the computers? Subjects, androids, scientists, any of you? Don't lie to me, or you'll be subject to immediate incineration." she said over the intercom, glancing over each test chamber and lab.

((I think I'll toss in a scientist and maybe a test subject in my next post since the other guy who was in this hasn't been active in a while and we need some non-robots to keep the rp running smoothly. :) ))

((sorry bout that im back))

CoSeC hid from the cameras view on his railing, he had to hide a bit so Data Stream couldnt find him. he had to find some way to interact witht the test subject. or atleast not get caught while on the computer. He was glad his ID was anonymous so he couldnt be tracked. he glided through the facility to find personnel info. where they keep data on staff, buisness, test subjects etc. When he found the room he began to link up and search through hoping the notification wont go off again. "Where is everyone? There is only two people here, where is everybody else?" He was searching through document after document.

• 1 month later...

((sorry bout that im back))

CoSeC hid from the cameras view on his railing, he had to hide a bit so Data Stream couldnt find him. he had to find some way to interact witht the test subject. or atleast not get caught while on the computer. He was glad his ID was anonymous so he couldnt be tracked. he glided through the facility to find personnel info. where they keep data on staff, buisness, test subjects etc. When he found the room he began to link up and search through hoping the notification wont go off again. "Where is everyone? There is only two people here, where is everybody else?" He was searching through document after document.

(going to join if thats ok)

"where do you think?" a dark voice came from the shadows, "take a guess, go on, I won't bite" It added. The shadow moved from the corner disappearing under a desk, "maybe you're out of you're comfort zone? You could always quite while you're a head, would you like that?" it asked softly behind CoSeC.

The Shadow then flickered back to the corner, "what do you think? yes or No, Chose carefully, you're life might depend on it" the voice giggled.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived