The Ticket Master - Taken from the old My Little Pony?

MLP Tales had a few moments, some of the ponies were very cookie-cutter, others a little less so, but remember, this was the 80's and the epitome of cartoons that were mass produced. Remember the boys' cartoons that had recycled footage all over the place? Well, it was even worse with some of the girls' cartoons back then, too. tongue.png

This was my era, so I have to say that yes, some of them are painful to watch now-a-days when we're spoiled. ;P

But in being fair, there wasn't as much money in the media then as there is now. The show was made after the toys became a big hit, so the characters were made to model the toys to of course sell more toys and keep them in the kids' eyes all the time.

If you look at the old toys, saying that the only differences between different ponies was, "Color and cutie mark", then to be fair, you're being pretty accurate. Because that was the main difference between the toys, which was the main purpose of the show. The six original ponies were from the exact same mold. The only difference? Color and cutie mark. And even so, the cutie marks were very similar.

It probably didn't occur to them to make some sort of masterpiece... after all, they were simply marketing toys that already existed.