A Trip to Town (Private)

Winter

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He nodded, and trotted towards the hut. He knocked on it a few times and... Nothing. He kicked the door softly, and a sound was heard. A louder kick, and the sound was louder and coming towards them. Eventually a sleepy looking green unicorn with a blonde mane and tail, blue eyes and a cutie mark of an axe swinging through trees opens the door. He let out possibly the loudest yawn ever, and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. As soon as he notices Charged, he pulls him into a hug. "Hey, Chargey, it's good to see you." Charged blushed. "Don't call me that, Felix." He whispered through gritted teeth, and Felix laughed then releases the hug.

Storm smirked at the display of affection. These two ponies definitely knew each other pretty well. She waited another few seconds after the embrace before interjecting, "Hello, Felix, nice to meet you. Charged Bolt here said you were the pony to go to when in search of lumber, so... here I am."

Storm thought back to the last inventory check she made at her shop and the orders ponies had made. There was a decorative shield somepony had wanted, and some redwood would make it really shine. Although redwood was a very hard to work with wood, since it is both hard and easy to split and therefore difficult to do any sort of detailing, she loved the way it looked in a finished piece. Some basswood would also be good to stock up on, since it is easy to work with and can fulfill what most customers want. "I'd like some redwood, if you have it. Maybe some bass wood, too. About ten cords of each, please."

Although she already had a cart back at the shop, the convenience made it worthwhile. Still, ten bits did seem a bit expensive. Storm Feather made a mental note to bring a cart next time she came to town to prevent such costly mishaps. "Sure, that would be helpful, and how much for the wood?"

After only a brief moment of contemplation, Storm decided that was cheap enough for her to make a very nice profit on her next few projects. "That would be wonderful," she responded while continuing the transaction, reaching into her pack and handing the proper amount to the lumberpony. "I'll be sure to come back here next time! I'd like to get that with the cart... Do you want help loading it?"

Storm tentatively followed him through the doorway. Her head turned towards Charged Bolt to make sure he was following before she continued. "Alright, then," filler words were given as Storm tried to think of something more useful to say. "So... uh, how is business out here? This is a nice bit of the forest."

Storm lowered an eyebrow to make a questioning look, "They don't trust you? Is that just because you are here, or... something else?" Her mind immediately brought up frightening ideas about Felix involving scamming, voodoo, witchcraft, and termites. A small remembrance that he was Bolt's friend ended this worrying. If Bolt liked him, he had to be a safe enough pony to be around.

"Yeah, I know how it feels to have others think poorly of you because you are different..." Storm Feather trailed off, memories of the past coming to the forefront of her mind. After a small second these thoughts were pushed aside and Storm straightened up from her slightly slouched position. "Right, well, on to that wood," she said boldly as she moved to the nearest wood pile and started picking up cords of wood to pack away.

Storm's claw stopped mid-motion leaving a gnarled piece of wood at about chest height. A look of confusion flickered across her face before she replied, "Er... yeah. Just thinking about something, no problem here." She looked back down at the wood and tossed it lightly back into the pile it came from, discarding it in search of a slightly more quality cord.

"Yeah, should be about it now, I think," Storm panted, wiping a grey arm across her forehead disturbing some of the glossy black feathers. She stacked one last piece of basswood into the cart before turning to Felix. A soft rustling sound was made as she brushed off some wood dust from her shoulder and spoke to Felix, "Thanks, it was nice meeting you."

Storm shook his hoof in response before moving over to the cart. She grabbed hold of both handles and hoisted, but was unable to lift the massive weight of the wood. "Bolt, I'm going to need your help with this," she called out to him, re-positioning herself to the left side of the cart and grabbing hold of one handle.

Archived