Midnight Guardian: New Members (O//A)

XanXeto

Power Drive

Midnight Guardian

Power came back out of the kitchen, a vegetable sandwich for himself, an oat cake and some milk for Star, and some sweet tea that he had made earlier today for Frost gently balanced on his back. "Here we are." He said as he placed it down on a table in the living room and sat down on a chair. "No need to be shy, come on over and enjoy yourselves."

Power Drive

Midnight Guardian

"No problem at all, Star." He said as he took a bite into his sandwich, the flavor exploding with ever crisp crunch. He then looked over at Star as the thought came back to his mind. "Hey, I was thinking. Why don't you get a job here? It'll be a lot safer, and you'll make bits more often than you do now. I'm sure there's somepony here that needs help that has the means to pay for it." He offered to her, hoping she would think about it.

Power took another bite of his sandwich and shrugged his shoulders. "I get by, as you can tell. What about you? Besides the times we hang out, I don't see you doing much else." He said as he looked at her. "Let me guess, you're an agent for Celestia, aren't you!" He said with a serious look at first, but that soon broke as he snickered, then laughed.

Meanwhile, bushes started to move just on the edge of the Everfree Forest, and just then another pony jumped out, landing out in the open. The pony was wearing a robe and a mask that covered all except the eyes which were glowing red. The pony began to gallop towards the village, jolting past the gates and into the center, looking around as if he was looking for a certain location. Power laughed a little more, then instantly stopped as his ears perked up and his eyes widened. "D-did you hear that?" He asked them, but before either of them could answer, Power was up and ran straight for the door, opening it and looking out in the veil of black that is the night, not seeing anything out of the ordinary, that was until he saw the cloaked pony standing in the middle of the village. "Who's that?" He asked as he began to walk towards the new pony. "Seems we're getting visitors left and right tonight."

Power Drive

Midnight Guardian

Just as the three got closer, the mysterious colt just ran off in the direction of Twilight's treehouse. "Wha?" Power simply said as he stopped and looked in the direction that the colt ran in. "Maybe a friend of Twilight's?" He asked, mostly to himself. He then looked back at Frost and Star. "Should we still go after him?"

Just as the colt got to the door to Twilight's place, he tried pushing it open, but found that the door was locked. Silently cursing under his breath, he backed up an inch from the door and closed his eyes. Just then his body began to glow a ominous red as orbs came out of his body and circle around him, speeding up more and more before red streaks followed behind the orbs and engulfed the colt, and soon both the glow and the colt disappeared, and soon the colt found himself inside Twilight's treehouse. He wasted no time and started looking for something in the bookshelves, pulling down one book after the next, looking at the covers of each one.

She ran to the door and picked it open. She looked at the colt and charged a freeze ray spell and shot it at his hooves, freezing him in place.

"In the name of the law what are you doing?!" She yelled.

"Go see if miss twilight is here, tell her we have a visitor..." She told power and star

Just as the mysterious colt's hooves froze over, he began to struggle, but soon his hooves glowed red hot as the ice began to crack all over, then shattered. He then turned away from the bookshelf and glared at Frost. Saying no words, he was instantly in front of her, staring right into her eyes, his own beginning to look like fireballs instead of normal eyes. Power turned his head to look and saw that the colt was trying to corner his friend. "Oh no you don't!" And with that, he leaped over the railing and right on top of colt, pinning him down.

Meanwhile, Twilight began to slowly wake up from all of the commotion going on and rubbed her eyes. "W-what's going on?" She asked, then looked to the side and saw Star coming towards her. "Who are y-- wait, you're Star Song, right? What are you doing here, and this late?" She asked, both tiredness and confusion was in her voice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

((I suppose this deserves a reboot with an actual plot this time. Heh. I'll get on that right away.))

Archived