Skyward Pirates: Rise of the Angel Fleet(Closed/Unaccepting)

XanXeto

Aerus watched the blue pegasus try to stand only to collapse again, with a look of concern on his face. The gryphon was a little preoccupied with the injured pony, and as such it took him a minute to realize he'd been asked questions.

He answered the second set of questions first. “I'm no doctor, but it doesn't look good. He hasn't said anything yet, at least not that I could hear, but I don't think he'll be in any shape to go anywhere in the near future."

When the medic finally arrived on deck and began to examine the wounded pony, Aerus turned to face at the dingy and its lone occupant. That the pony came out here by himself, on an unarmed dingy as opposed to either with a boarding party or after a volley of cannon fire, was a sign of good intentions though Aerus wasn't willing to trust him just yet. Still, better to hear him out, they could use some information at the very least. “...Yeah, permission granted. In return though, I want to you tell me who you are and what you're doing here. We weren't expecting any ships out here at all, much less a battle involving the New Manehattan Mary.”

The Kestrel continued at the same pace, moving farther and farther from the combat zone.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Volt jumped from the dingy onto the large ship and walked over to his crewmate. "To be honest, that wasn't our intentions to fight anything if I remember correctly." He informed the gryphon that questioned him as he looked down upon him. He then noticed the medical pony come closer and he took a step back, but made a protective glare to inform the pony that any harm that came towards Valor's way that was unnecessary or intentional would make him a target and have him dealt with swiftly, without mercy. He then looked at the gryphon once more, remembering that he was questioned as to who he was, and why he was here. "My name, right. Usually, I would lecture and say that's only polite to give your name first before demanding names of others, but I am the, well, 'guest'. My name is Volt Cloud-Strife, and as you can tell I am a stallion pegasus." He said, providing more information that what was asked for, he then continued on. "As for the why, from what I heard before this all began, we were on our way to a small island to scavenge for loose odds and ends to make a bit of coin at New Manehattan." He told him, then look at Valor and the medical pony again, seeing the medical pony doing what he can before loading Valor up on his back to take him into the ward. "This wasn't suppose to happen." Volt said quietly mostly to himself as his eyes became soft and a bit sad, seeing not only a crewmate, but a friend injured always brought him down.

Meanwhile, Wind made sure that the ship was in a stead course for the original target that was set just an hour ago. How odd, all these events taking place in just a hour, and it all went horribly wrong. The pain was clearly shown on his face as well as his attitude; he kept silent now, thinking on how he just abandoned some of his crew. The silence was just from him, but the entire crew, feeling the uneasiness coming from their captain always seemed to share with the rest of the crew. WindCatch had lowered the speed just enough for the Ursa to catch up to them and have them ride side by side. He looked over at Killjoy's ship, and more so at Killjoy herself. "So, why did you agree anyways, Ms. Joy?" He asked her, referring to her as he did when they were on different sides, trying to spark a good memory to outweigh this moment, but it was hardly working as he still seemed depressed on the outside.

StormRide took note as Star attempted to match his gaze, only for him to snort and narrow his eyes some more to show that he was neither impressed nor amused by what he figured was just her foalish games. He then looked at Arrow to address her. "Have her placed in one of our cells in the brig." He told her, and with that he turned away from the both of them and walked away, heading towards the captain's quarters, shutting the door firmly behind him. Some of the other crew members gave Star a stern and hateful look towards her if they trotted closely by, and even one had enough nerve to speak out towards her. "So, do you think this is still fun and games? Being a pirate? Foolish foal." It was strange though, the one that spoke out was a mare, with a mint green coat and brown eyes. She was a unicorn with a notably long horn unlike some of the other unicorns onboard. Most knew her as Forestspark, or just Forest, with her natural ability to control the artificial lands that floated in the sky and help grow trees into a beautiful forest. That seemed pointless to a lot of her enemies, that was until she would make the wooden parts of their ship come 'alive' and start fighting them for her.

"we're just trying to undo what all you snobs did in the first place." she said to the mare "and i am not a foal!" she added. sure she was young but she wasn't that young. she could track and navigate better then all these idiots. could a foal do that? Arrow tightened her grip on her "thats enough out of you. now move" she said and pushed her towards the brig. threatening her she'd throw her overboard if she didn't go faster. if it was another situation she probably would have but she had started to hate Wind also. so she wanted to see him..... dead, and she couldn't do that unless they had something, or some pony, to come look for. when they got to the brig Arrow pushed her roughly in a small cold cell, making sure she landed on her bad wing. making a small crunching noise that Star guessed was a weakened bone breaking, it wasn't exactly damp because they weren't really near any water. "if you're good you might get something to eat later, or not" she said coldly as she closed and locked the door leaving Star to shiver alone. but she'd rather be alone then be with Arrow anyway. the cell was small enough for some of her claustrophobia to kick in though. Arrow flew back to the main deck.

The Ursa caught up with the Angel as they now floated side by side. Killjoy heard Wind's voice and the question he asked then thought a bit on what he meant. She figured two answers might be needed "If you mean why I agreed to join you in your little trip for riches, that should be obvious...and the obvious would be for the same reason you are trying to find it. I hold no grudges on my enemies unless they made it personal so It was hard for me to make a decision on your offer." she said "Now if you are asking why I agreed to become a Crusader, It's a long story so I will make it short enough without ranting for hours. I was on a patrol with two other ships, just a normal day in the sky. One of the ships' captain thought it would be fun to pillage a poor sky town..." she paused for a second "but it wasn't just robbing...and I watched on until My crew and I had enough so we opened fire on the smaller ships we were patrolling with and killed every sky patrol b@stard in that city, how could I hold the name of Sky Patrol with honor after that day if I did nothing? After that we just left with Sky Patrol blood flowing in the streets." she said sounding angered really not wanting to remember what she saw. "not let me ask you something, why did you come to help me against the Mary and why did you choose to ask me for help on your trip?" she asked looking back really hating her decision to retreat from her agreement. She was supposed to protect everypony and she failed that task by leaving three of the Angel's crew behind.

((You don't have to. It's just because I have multiple chargers and I don't want people to get confused. I'm on mobile so I can't right now lol))

"Uh..... Hello.... " Arrow said to the new pony. She had come on deck to find somepony to guard Star in case she got any ideas. Shes knew if she guarded her she'd want to hurt her. "Listen up new guy, here's your first order, go guard the prisoner. Shes in the brig obviously. She shouldn't be too much trouble. Even She can't break through steel bars. But can't be too careful eh?" She said. Rather lightly actually. The last "new pony" they had that she had yelled at the first day cracked. And this pony seemed fairly breakable so she didn't want to push him

Aerus noted that the stallion hadn't mentioned what ship he was from, but he decided not to press the issue. Sky Patrol ships didn't generally do any sort of scavenging anyways, which meant this was probably a Crusader. And for one of them to run into the Manehattan Mary on a salvage run...

“Rotten luck all around then,” the gryphon replied eventually. He was silent for moment. “Right, introductions. The name's Aerus. I'm first mate under Captain Taalix, and you're currently on board the Kestrel. So far we've kept out of the war-” Aerus looked back towards the tube to the lower decks, where the medic descended with his patient only moments prior, headed for the small infirmary on the main deck. “...Well, mostly anyways.”

Aerus looked back at Volt. “We're still moving away from the battle site, last chance to get back to your ship. We could drop off your injured crewmate at a friendly, agreed-upon port. We aren't turning around, not this close to our destination and certainly not with an angry Mary behind us, so if you don't go now you're in for the long haul.” Aerus didn't really expect the pegasus to turn back, but it would've felt wrong to not give him a sense of what he was in for.

Wind contemplated on Killjoy's question for a bit. The answer was both clear and obvious, but only because it made sense to him. What was he suppose to tell her though? "Well..." He started off, but fell silent again. He still didn't have a straight answer to give her. Was it for fun? Revenge? A challenge? Affection? That's right, his affection towards Killjoy was undeniable, yet he didn't ever mention it. It started to grow the first time they met in combat, and he gave her a cut under one eye while she nearly gutted him and just cut deep into his side. It was something strange that happened, seeing the determination in her eyes even after she was slightly injured, and seeing her devotion towards her men while they were fighting on his ship just moments ago made his affection even stronger. "I wanted to see how my brother was doing, and you just happened to be there... so yeah." He plainly said back to her question.

Volt look back at the Angel Wing as it was moving further and further away from the ship he was currently on. There was a very small chance that this could of been the last time he saw that ship and everypony on it for one reason or another, but it was a chance he was willing to take to make sure that Valor was okay. "It'll be fine. I'm sure the capt'n can manage without me; besides, I promised him that I'd bring Valor Dash back safely. If that means I have to stay till he's recovered, then so be it." He told the griffon. "You said a destination? Where to?" He curiously asked with a raised eyebrow.

Meanwhile, as Dashing and Star bickered back and forth as so, Forest came down to the brig and gave Dashing Blade a smile. "She's not giving you too much trouble, now is she?" She asked him with her soft voice and a elegant smile on her face.

ForestSpark's mood didn't sour or change even with Star's rude comment. However she did seem interested by something else. "Your eyes, they show that you have quiet a firy spirit within you. That's good." She said, keeping the same soft voice as she moved closer to the cell. "If you keep that about you, maybe StormRide will keep you alive after he's dealt with all of your friends." She said to her. Her implications were clearly evil hearted, but her emotion and expression made it seem as if all was... okay. She had this aura about her that just seemed like she was this great fountain of spiritual numbness and good vibes, no matter what she did; as if she could kill and keep the person who she was killing smiling.

((Kinda basing ForestSpark off of a character from MLP FanStory, Upheaval: Breaking Point and Upheaval: Reckoning. The character's name that I'm basing this one off of is named BlackRose.))

ForestSpark only giggle lightly at Star's threats and turned around. "Then I can only wish you luck in you attempts at escaping. Also..." She stopped and turned her head slightly to look at her through on eye. "I do, however, suggest that you come at me with the true intentions to kill if you're going to make threats like that." She said to her. Her tone didn't change, but something flashed in Forest's eyes; a sign of death, and the look of seriousness, that was before it became soft and full of light again. She turned her head forward and continued to walk out of the brig. "Keep an eye out on her, Dashing, and don't get too close." She called out to Dashing Blade before she was fully gone. It took no time for her to find Star's kin, Arrow, on the top deck of the ship. "Your sister has quiet the fight in her. Runs well in the family, I suppose." She said with a small grin as she stood beside Arrow and looked out over the ship. They were still pretty look, but it seemed they were rising back up above the clouds to be able to start heading to New Manehattan. "So what's he like? The brother of our captain; is he as cold blooded and heartless as well?" She said half-heartedly. She really didn't mean that towards the StormRide for two reason; she didn't want Storm to get offended, and she didn't want Arrow to blow up on her. 'Fat chance on the second part.', she thought.

Aerus nodded at the pegasus' response. He knew that things would be simpler for them without the extra pony on board, but he had to respect a pony who was willing take such a risk. He turned to the lookout. “Tell the captain we've got another guest on board, by the name of Volt Cloud Strife. Oh, and Valor Dash is the one in sick bay.” As the lookout turned to carry out the order, Volt asked a question.

“You said a destination? Where to?”

Aerus responded as he walked toward the tube leading toward the lower decks. “Hmm? Oh, we're headed to the Everfree Forest, though you'd have to ask Luminous Spark specifically why. She could explain more then I could. She's the blue unicorn, usually found in the map room, and she's half the reason we're out here at all.” Just as he started descending down the ladder, Aerus paused at the top. “Oh yeah, and unless you want to leave it floating in the middle of nowhere, you should probably bring your dingy down to the hangar at the back of the main deck. It'll be a tight fit, but we should be able to squeeze it in there. I'll go get the door open.”

As he made it to the main deck, Aerus noticed the captain glaring at him from the helm. The younger gryphon preemptively responded to his comments before Taalix could say anything. “I know, 'no one on board without your permission'. But look: he only came here because of his wounded shipmate, and if I hadn't let him on board he would have just gone back to his ship. And besides, even if I thought he would try something, he's outnumbered about eight to one and this is his only way home now too.”

Taalix watched him a moment longer, seeming to scrutinize his expression before turning back to looking ahead of the ship. “I can accept that. However-”

“Yeah yeah, I'm responsible for him while he's oh board,” Aerus groaned back, as he walked toward the small, cluttered hangar at the back of the ship.

"yeah....." she said not especially wanting to talk to him.

Arrow thought a second before she responded "no. he cares for his crew deeply. as far as i could tell; he's upbeat, positive, and his mood seems to effect the crew..... or whats left of it anyway. he won't leave my sister behind. he'll find a way. to bad his brother will kill him first." she said shrugging. "i'm not one to ask questions, but do you have any siblings Forest?" she asked. it was unlike her to ask questions unless they're "do you WANT to go overboard?" "if so......do they drive you insane....?" she just wanted to know if anypony else had to go what she went through

Killjoy doubted Wind's answer "your brother...that's it? Please Wind, do not take me for a fool. You and I both know you ran into suicide...Now how about you tell me something believable, or is it embarrassing for you?" she said sarcastically "don't tell me you came to the Rescue and hired me because to began to have a crush on me...that would be awkward!" she looked at Wing waiting for his answer as she saw his uncertainty in his eyes.

Archived