Skyward Pirates: Rise of the Angel Fleet(Closed/Unaccepting)

XanXeto

Killjoy looked over at Wind "I respect you Captain Wind, I do...now maybe if you were...you know" she paused for a second and thought about to see if she would or not "you would probably have a miniscule chance with me" she said with a smirk on her face. She thought about the connection by blade and wasn't quite sure where he got that from, was it because she stabbed him in the last encounter? "What exactly do you mean by a connection by blades?" she asked Wind

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Ships like these make ships like our little Angel look...well, little, but our ship is still ours.”

Aerus overheard the comment as he was closing the hangar door behind Volt's dingy. He considered for a moment before responding “...Yeah, I suppose it's a bit big for its class, but don't let that fool you. It's meant for high operational range, so a lot of that space is just extra storage. We can be away from port for months at a time, maybe a couple years if we really push it though I hope we don't ever have to test that.” Finished with the door, the gryphon walked over to Volt. “I need to take you to the captain, some things will need to be sorted out if we're to take on a couple passengers. While we're headed there though, I'm curious: what's your ship like?”

“H-Hello? Is anyone here?”

Luminous Spark's ears twitched. She frowned, and set her book down on a small table beside her. She didn't recognize that voice, and she was certain there weren't any foals among the crew. Curious, and not really occupied by anything at the moment, she followed the direction of the sound. Ending up at the door to the infirmary, a small room with a few beds near the middle of the ship, she poked her head in. She saw a lone figure lying in one of the beds, not moving or making much sound at the moment though evidently in pain. “Oh...hello,” she said, not wanting to leave him alone in such a state but not sure quite how to approach the situation either. “...Would you like me to get the medic? I'm sure he's just stepped away for a moment.”

WindCatch smirked as she asked her question. He knew she wouldn't know what that last part meant right away, but he wasn't about to give her the details for the fact that it wouldn't make sense, at least not now. "Think nothing of it for the time being! Hold on... How are the repairs coming along?!" He shouted the last part out to his crew. One member came rushing up to the stern of the ship where the captain was to give his report. Wind nodded and the stallion rushed back down. "You know, not every Crusader is going to accept you as I have, at least not this easily." He shouted over to her. The sun was now directly over head; midday has come, and there was going to be quiet a few more hours to go before they reached their destination. "I should also warn you that once the resources have been exhausted at this island, we're heading straight for New Manehattan. If this makes you change your mind, you're free to leave and venture to wherever you want; not as if I had any control over you in the first place." He informed her. He figured it was only fair so that she knew what she was going to get herself into. His eyes then narrowed some as a thought came through his head. 'Will my brother be there?'

Volt first nodded when he was told that he was to have to meet the captain of this ship, and if he remembered correctly, this captain went by the name of Taalix. It was reasonable, he was trespassing here even if it was to check on his friend. "Very well, lead the way." He said and followed behind the griffin. As they walked, Volt listened to the question that Aerus asked him. "Wha, you mean the Angel Wing? Well, it's not massive like most battle ships, and it doesn't even look like any kind of scavenging ship that you may of seen before. Mostly the Angel Wing is a nice, small ship; yet big enough to hold a decen' sized crew, and enough firepower to get us out of a sticky jam. It's main features is what give the ship it's name, and that feature is that it can sure move, as in it'll reach speeds unthinkable by a normal skyship. Within the engine, it holds a special crystal that can pump out three times as much energy, or so I've been told by our over-the-top engineer who could probably make as much energy on his own." He said the last bit with a chuckle.

Valor continued to lay there, the pain from just moments ago ceasing to be and allowing him to actually rest. It wasn't long till he heard a feminine voice speak front the entrance of the room. He rolled his head to look at the mare that just stepped in and spoke to him. He had never met this mare before, and he wasn't sure where he was, but she seemed nice, and timid. When she asked if he wanted her to get the medic, he softly shook his head. "N-no... I... I just need to lay here for a moment." He told her softly. He was starting to find it hard to speak up, so he mustered as much of his strength as he could. He then rolled his head back, looking straight up at the ceiling. "Where am I?" He asked her.

A little time pasted as ForestSpark came walking back up from the mess hall with Arrow. "So, we'll be heading back to New Manehattan I'm sure. You feel like getting a drink when we get there?" She asked her with a smile, but before she could get an answer, they were met by their captain; StormRide. "Arrow, I would like to have a word with you." He told her, then looked at Forest who seemed a bit curious now. "ForestSpark, I would like to speak with her in private, if that's okay with you." He told her, though his question was rhetorical by the tone of his voice and the look on his face. Forest didn't quiver like most of the crew did. Instead she smile and nodded. "Aye aye, sir. See you later Arrow." And with that, she turned and trotted away to another section of the ship.

"Aye, Captain." Arrow said "what is it?" she asked. deep inside wanting to make it quick so she could get back to ForestSpark. She made her almost forget about some things that she didn't want to think about.

Star thought about the dart that hung on the cieling. she planned of figuring a way to escape with it when her wing gets better so she could fly back to the Angel..... but she didn't see it getting better at all without medical help. not being able to fly for a day was getting to her claustrophobia. so was the small cell. she cursed Arrow in her mind

Killjoy didn't really care what the Crusaders wight think nor did she have doubt with a Ship like the Ursa, The crusader should be begging her to join them. "If I didn't think I could make it out here on my own, I would have never left the Sky Patrol in the first place. Once the Crusaders see this beast, they would be stupid to attack and if they Succeed...they would be stupid to destroy a prized ship like this. They will accept me one way or another captain, Don't worry about little ole me." she said with a smirk and looked over to Wind and then back on deck "I'm in need of a damage report and head count!" she yelled with authority and two ponies ran out, one was a silverish color with a green and white mane and the other was Thunderstrum. Killjoy looked at the Silver Mare "how many Dr. Caesura?" the Mare looked up at her and pulled out a clipboard "Surprisingly we have little wounded, about 15 are in the medical bay" Dr. Caesura said, Killjoy nodded and Caesura went back down. Killjoy looked at Thunderstrum expecting him to know what to say. "The damage is minimum and should be in full repair by the day after Tomorrow." Thunderstrum said soluting, Killjoy nodded once more and Thunderstrum rand back down below deck.

Aerus nodded at Volt's description. “Enemies can't hit what they can't catch. I can respect that. That's sorta our approach too, though we use distractions as much as our engines.” He might have said more, but by then they'd already reached the helm. Aerus made the official introductions. “Captain Taalix, of the Kestrel,” he motioned towards the smaller, dark blue gryphon at the helm who turned around at their approach, then motioned back to Volt. “Volt Cloud Strife, of the Angel Wing.”

Taalix eyed the pegasus for a moment before speaking. “So this is our other uninvited guest. I certainly won't be abandoning you or your crewmate to the elements, but know that your presence here is a complication. There are two new crew members here that I never agreed to take on board. So if I seem unhappy at your presence, try not to take it personally. Now, there are two rules you will be expected to follow while on board: first, if I give you a direct order, you will follow it immediately. I am not your captain, but while you are on my ship you will obey my orders for the sake of your own safety and that of others. Second, you are responsible for maintenance of your own area. Have I made myself clear?”

Luminous Spark was a little surprised that the pony lying in the bed didn't want medical attention, but his pain seemed to be fading some. “Oh...alright.” She cleared her throat, then began an explanation. “You're in the infirmary aboard the Kestrel, which is a long-range research vessel. We're on the first stage of an expedition researching conditions on the surface. Our current destination is the Everfree Forest.” A slight smile formed on the unicorn's face. “It's...something of a personal project of mine.”

"Feeling a bit bored, are we, new recruit?" A soft feminine voice called out before the mare in question revealed herself to both Dashing Blade and Star Reader as being ForestSpark. Her mint coat was groomed neatly as well as her flowing white and light green mane and tail; clearly she was one that took hygiene and personal grooming seriously. She walked up to Dashing with her usual soft smile on her face. "I do hope you've kept our prisoner somewhat entertained." She said softly as she began to look around and noticed the darts that were stuck around a makeshift dart board. "Now that's such ingenuity. To fine scrap and junk lying around and make it into a game like this. Simple, yet I'm sure it make the time fly." She said, genuine praises were what was coming out of her mouth. Her gaze then landed upon Star's bent wing, it seemed injured, if not broken. "Come closer, young one. Lets have that looked at." She said with a soft and concerned tone, coming closely slowly herself to show that she wasn't going to harm Star. She got to the bars and awaited for Star to do the same on the other side.

StormRide looked down upon Arrow. He was a good few inches taller than her if the stood side by side, and it wasn't just her. Storm had quiet the height to him, which added to his intimidation factor, a factor he apparently didn't have on other Arrow or Forest. "Arrow, that pegasus that pursued you earlier when you took your sister, do you know anything about him? Also, do you happen to know what happened to him?" He asked her curiously. His questions were simple, but odd at the same time.

Volt looked up at the captain as they reached him. He wasn't quiet what Volt was expect, but he kept his comments to himself for the time being. When Taalix laid down the rules, Volt saluted towards the griffin with a understanding look in his eyes. "Yes sir!" He said with respect in his tone. After a moment, Volt placed down his hoof. "If you don't mind me asking, sir, I would like to know where exactly this ship is going. I want to be prepared for anything as well as know if I need to get Valor Dash ready. I won't leave my crewmate defenseless and in the dark. He informed Taalix.

Valor continued to lie there as he listened to the mare speak, that was until she told him where they were going. His eyes widen and he nearly jumped up, but the immediate pain shot through his body, sending him back down, but he still had to protest. "Th-the surface? Everfree Forest?! Have you not read the stories of the old times about that forest? It's practically crawling with evil creatures that want to kill and eat living things, like us! Going there is suicide!" He said, nothing thinking about the mare's reasoning that she might of had. He was in pain, and by the sounds of it, he was about to be in even more pain.

Wind looked forward, thinking again on the events that just took place a mere few hours ago. How was Star holding up? Did Volt ever catch up with Valor? So many questions ran through his mind, he became eerily quiet towards everyone. It wasn't till one of his members called out his name six or seven times before he snapped out of his thoughts and looked down. "Captain, what are we expected to find once we get to this island?" The concerned crewmember asked. It really made WindCatch's mind begin to think upon this for a moment. What exactly were they going to be looking for? Was there really going to be anything special there? Probably not. "Just anything that can have a price put on it. We need to make coin before we head back home." He said, more so to his entire crew to have their minds put at ease, knowing there was at least a plan of some sort. Wind looked over at Killjoy, it was strange to be honest, what exactly did she gain from this besides half the haul of coins? He didn't quiet figure it out, for she didn't seem like one who just wanted to take the easy route to making money, at least that's not what it seemed like when they last fought. Then it hit him like a brick, the fighting, she was in it because she knew that Wind always got himself is a heap of trouble one way or another. 'Of course, that's perfect for the fighting spirit she has weld up inside her.' He thought as he looked forward again, a smile reappearing on his face slightly.

Killjoy looked over at wind who was smiling for some reason, she thought why out of all ponies Wind would ask for the one who stabbed him for help. Killjoy thought about the question in her head "was it really just because of a crush...or is he using me for something I have?" she was unsure about a lot of things going on at the moment.

Taalix was pleasantly surprised by Volt's reaction. While he knew the rules were reasonable, most ponies didn't react so well to them on first hearing, particularly not when thrown at them all at once like this. Taalix couldn't help but appreciate the pegasus' professionalism. He was happy to provide an answer. “We're headed to the Everfree Forest. You needn't worry about your companion however, the ship won't actually be landing there. The ground team will be taking all the serious risks, although I won't begrudge you any preparations you want to make, as long as they won't interfere with operations on the ship.” Taalix turned back to the helm. “Any other questions?”

Luminous Spark grinned at the blue pegasus' reaction. She understood the reaction, this wasn't the first time she'd gotten this sort of comment on her project, but it was always said as if she had no idea what she was getting into. “I have read the books. In fact, that's the whole reason we're coming here. By all accounts the Everfree Forest was this wild, untamed thing that actively resisted pony influence. So, with ponies no longer on the ground to keep it in check, it should have expanded uncontrolled right? And yet, reports show that it's actually withering! I want to find out why.” She took a moment to collect herself before adding. “I have faith that the Steelclaws can keep me safe, that's why I brought them in.” There was a moment of quiet before she came to a realization. “Oh...I forgot to ask for your name.”

She looked at forest a second before coming closer to the bars. She DID work for arrow... But she seemed nice exept for the comment earlier. She wasnt sure about this but if she wanted to get out of here she needed her wing first. But sure didn't trust her still.

Arrow almost laughed at his question "Star called him 'Valor'. She seemed pretty worried about him when I threw him off the dingy. Im guessing they were friends. He won't be a problem. If the fall didn't kill him whatever is on the surface will. " she said chuckling sadistically

"Still thinking of getting out of here, are we?" She asked rhetorical tone as he grabbed some cloth, two sturdy sticks, and some tape before she gently grabbed the wing and began applying the treatment that she had brought with her; ointment, relaxing gel, and pain killers. "We can't have you hurting yourself again. That would be good for no one." She said in a soft, warm voice; almost motherly like. She then continued as she began wrapping the wing up and placing the two stick in, sandwiching the wing without hurting it. "Besides, it's against the law to execute somepony that is injured, so we must make sure that there's nothing wrong with you." She said in the same tone, but a grin came across her face as she closed her eyes, finishing up with the bandaging. "It's a funny law, don't you agree? You must be at your best... before you meet your end." She softly chuckled and opened her eyes, no malice, no anger, just the same soft and seemingly caring look in her eyes. "There we are, your wing should be better soon. I'll check in every now and again to see, okay?" She said cheerily like, then turned to look at Dashing. "Keep her entertained, but make sure she stays in line now, alright? I'm going back on the deck, if you need me, just shout my name." And with that, Forest began ascending up the stairs again.

As Arrow nearly laughed and gave her answer, Storm listened intently. When she didn't know for sure, he just gently sighed and turned. "I see... I have a feeling that we might see him again regardless of where he is now." He said and began walking away. "You are dismissed." He said loud enough for her to hear him. He always kept his conversation short and sweet. He walked over to the port of the ship and lifted himself up, placing his hooves on the railing and looking far ahead. They were heading back to New Manehattan, which was going to be an hour flight from where they were now. 'What will you do now brother? You're losing members, and even if Killjoy joined up with you, it still won't be enough... and you know it." He thought to himself as he continued to stare off. They were finally above the cloud once again and moving forward at full speed.

Volt slightly raised en eyebrow when Taalix told him where he was taking the ship to. He had new questions about why this ship was heading there, but he dared not voiced them, he figured that the gryphon had his reasons. "I do have one last question. Where exactly was Valor taken?" He asked Taalix curiously. It wasn't that he distrusted anyone onboard this ship, but he just needed to know. Plan was, as soon as Valor Dash as well enough to move, they were gone. They didn't need getting these fine gryphons and ponies in harms way. It then hit him, where there any ponies on this ship anyways, or was it all ran by gryphons?

Valor listened to her reasoning as he continued to stare at her now. She wanted to know why the forest was dying. He knew he was about to be called a smartflank for stating this, but it was the first idea that hit him when she said that. "It's probably dying because the entire world is dying. There's no resources to keep any of it alive, or so I've read, and it might be common sense, but you can't grow on what's dying, unless you're the one who's draining all the energy and resources... that actually sounds familiar." He said softly to himself, and realized he went deeper with his response than he wanted to. He might of been a young colt, but he had read much and experience more than any colt should ever. "Sorry... I'm sorry. There might be a totally different reason for the forest's days running down." He said in attempt to either have this mare not lash out at him, or to respark her hope. When she asked of his name, it hit him that he didn't start off with his name, making him feel embarrassed. "M-my name is Valor, Valor Dash." He said to her, still finding it a little hard to speak, especially for a long period of time.

From behind Luminous Spark, a tan feather and white coat gryphon walked into the room wearing small, thin glasses and carrying a clip board in one claw. "Miss Spark, is my patient awake?" He asked before looking over at Valor, seeing his eyes open and now shifted towards the gryphon. "I see, you weren't suppose to be awake for a few more hours, but I see your body has a superb healing system. That's good, however, try not moving around too much. You cracked a few of your ribs and nearly broke one clean off." He explained to the dark blue coat pegasus, who's eyes were now as wide as dinner plates. "Do not worry, though, as long as you take it easy for a month or so, you'll make a full recovery... well, judging by your remarkable healing speed, it might be less." He said, then looked at Luminous Spark. "Taking a break from your studies, miss Spark?" He asked her curiously. He wasn't wanting to drive her away, he just didn't want her getting into any kind of trouble.

As Wind continued to control his ship, something began to twinge on the back of his mind. He started looking around to see if there was something close by, actually touching him, but there wasn't; not that he could see anyways. He then walked away from the wheel, letting the ship stay in a straight line as he walked over to the port of the ship and looked over the edge, looking straight down at the Earth. As he looked, the twinge started to form into a headache, it was soft but there. As he continued to look, fires began to light up on a particular mountain, lighting up in one spot, then another, then another until chunks of the mountain were brightly lit. WindCatch had never seen anything like this before, where anything light up instantly without power, and unless he was mistaken, there was no source of electricity down below. He then hopped away from the edge and began backing away slowly, getting a really bad feeling in the pit of his stomach as he trotted quickly back to the wheel. "Hey Killjoy, lets take a bit of a detour. We'll still be getting to the island by nightfall!" He shouted out and already started turning the wheel to start going in a different direction before getting any sort of reply from Killjoy.

Down below, stallions in iron armor with gold trims from head to toe stood on the top side of a mountain that was just on the outside of the Everfree Forest. They all stood there, looking up at the sky and looking at the three ships that were overhead and different directions. The stallions' mane, tail, and even their coats seemed to of been comprised full of fire, as if they were the element themselves. Near the top of the mountain, there was one particular stallion that had wings and sturdier looking armor set. His eyes were a bright red unlike the others whom where white. As the lead fire stallion looked upon the ships, he briefly spoke, "It begins..."

Killjoy heard Wind and looked at him turning his ship as she saw the mountain burning, she took out her telescope and tried to get a closer look but couldn't get a clear image of who or what was starting it all. This made Killjoy on edge and wondered what could possibly be causing such a blaze. "Any longer and I will think you just want me around!" she yelled at Wind Sarcastically as she turned the wheel in the Angel's direction still looking at the flaming mountain and could have sworn that the fire was moving but may just be the wind blowing it around. Killjoy's mind was now really uneasy as she looked around making sure no pony was watching them, she always got paranoid in situations like this "You know...I don't think you ever told me where this place is!" she yelled over to Wind not remembering if he did or not. A thought quickly struck her mind "aren't there supposed to be creatures formed into monsters down here?" she thought to herself as she was still looking around rapidly. "Everyone get to your battle stations and stay on guard, there is no telling what might be down here!" yelled with authority and all the crew started rushing to their places and stood guard without question or hesitation. Everything was now quiet and the only thing that was heard was the creaking of the Ursa. Killjoy didn't like this silence at all, it seemed everything bad happens in silence.

Of course Volt's first priority would be his crew mate, Taalix expected nothing less. If anything he was a little surprised that it wasn't the first thing the pegasus asked, but no matter. Taalix spoke without turning away from the helm. “He should be in the infirmary. It's to the right out the door you just came through, then keep going to the end of the hall.” A part of him was concerned about giving knowledge of the ship to someone who was ultimately an unknown element, but really the ship wasn't that big, it's unlikely a competent adversary. Besides, if he couldn't deal with a lone pegasus running around on his ship, he didn't deserve the name Steelclaw. Not that Volt would necessarily make a problem of himself either: all evidence pointed to him being of honourable character.

His train of thought was interrupted by the lookout's voice through the speaking tube again. “Captain...uhh, something's happening out here, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. You better take a look off the port side.” Taalix left the controls, knowing that the ship would hold it's direction for the short time he was observing, and walked over the large, port-side observation window. He immediately caught sight of a large mountain, which he knew to be a good sign. The mountain was on the edge of the Everfree, so seeing it this close meant that the Kestrel was practically on top of its destination.

The sight pleased him, until he looked in detail at the mountain itself. What seemed to be a series of small fires had been lit all across the mountain, distant but still visible by the distinct light they were giving off. Worse still, the longer he watched, the more of them seemed to spring into being. Whatever was out there was waking up, and that up until now he was under the impression that the mountain was uninhabited only made things worse. They were on the clock now. The blue gryphon muttered under his breath, before beginning to shout out commands. “Aerus! Change of plans, you're leading the away team. You're the faster flyer, and my presence is needed on the ship. Get the away team ready as fast as you can, and once you're away keep in mind that we likely have a time limit.” Aerus dashed off without a further response, and he continued. “Everyone else: get to combat stations! I need the port and lower guns active from this point on!” As the crew scrambled to get to a ready state, Taalix moved back to the controls and brought the ship lower and temporarily reduced speed, keeping a watchful eye on the distant mountain.

Luminous Spark listened to the wounded pegasus' comments patiently. Credit to him, he got a lot a points right, but he didn't seem to make a few important connections. He seemed to treat the fading of resources in the Everfree as something inevitable, and thus not worth investigation, yet the only way it could be fading is if something were actively draining it. And finding out what that is could be the key to solving the whole conflict. She was about to say as much when she was interrupted by the medic, and while she happy to hear that the prognosis was mostly positive she still thought it would be better not to force and argument on him so soon after waking up.

Aven asked her a question directly, which she lightly chuckled at before replying. “Oh, yes. That's just something to pass the time at this point, really. With the route charted, there's little proper work for me to do until I've actually had a chance to get some samples and readings. I've taken to re-reading some texts-”

Anything she might have said next was cut by Aerus calling out as he ran down the hall. “Miss Spark! Taalix says that whatever you need from the surface, we have a time limit to get it. Grab anything you need, and meet me in the hangar.” After passing on the information Aerus continued running down the the hangar, one of the marines in tow. Luminous Spark looked in the direction they ran for a moment, a blank expression on her face before she was able to collect herself. “Excuse me, it seems I need to get going.”

She ran off to the hangar herself, where the pair of gryphons had the door open and were getting the Kestrel's lone dingy prepared for launch.

[As an aside, I can't help but notice that the ground locations from the first page have disappeared, was that deliberate or was it in error?]

Archived