Skyward Pirates: Rise of the Angel Fleet(Closed/Unaccepting)

XanXeto

{{I'm not too sure what happened there. I'm going to add them back, then possibly create two new forums within the OOC, one for the ships and characters on each ships like I do now on the front page, and one for the locations. I'll put the link to each of those pages in place of what I have on the front page already that way this hopefully won't happen again.(Hopefully) ))

Volt nodded when he was given the directions of how to find his friend. "Thank you, sir." He simply said as he turned and began leaving out of the room, but he slowed down when he noticed that something was going on, something important enough that it pulled Taalix away from where he was standing at. He wondered what was going on, but it probably wasn't any of his concern as of right now, that was until Aerus rushed right past him and towards the same direction he was heading. Volt was now concerned; what was getting everyone so rowdy? Once he got to his destination, he saw a mare run out of the room in a hurry as well. In honesty, he couldn't help but stare for a moment in her direction before snapping out of it and stepping into the infirmary, seeing another gryphon standing in the middle of the room, and his friend lying on the bed. He was relieved to see that Valor was awake, and looking a little bit confused as Volt was about the situation on hoof; that was a good sign however, saying that he was awake and aware enough to question what was going on. "How is he, doc?" He asked the medic.

Aven turned his attention to the stallion that just walked in and asked the question. Aven didn't answer right away, giving Volt an inspecting stare as he made up his mind wither or not to trust this stallion. He was still questioning wither or not to trust Valor, but that didn't matter wither he did or didn't. Valor was a living, breathing, and hopefully feeling creature that was injured onboard this ship, and it was Aven's responsibility to make sure that he was treated and well again. "He's doing fine. He just needs to rest for a while and he'll make a full recovery." He informed the stallion as he turned his gaze over to Valor. "It seems everything is going on too quickly, but lets back track for a moment. My name is Aven, and as I'm sure it is obvious, but I am the lead medical of this ship. Now then, young one, tell me your name... and why you have yourself mixed in with those pirates?" He asked Valor.

Before Volt could speaking to Aven, saying how unfair it was for him to judge Valor and himself as pirates, a angry look come over Valor's face. "Take that back! We are not pirates! We do what we do to help others that can't help themselves! Don't ever bad mouth my family again!" He said loudly. He didn't mean for his angry to rise like this, or for himself to yell like he did. Instantly an embarrassed and regretful look came upon his face once he realized how he acted and how loud he really was; but that was how he got when he or his crew were deemed as pirates.

Aven's eyes slightly widened as he raised an eyebrow. This colt he was treating had quiet the spark in him to be this energetic while still recovering. He then nodded after a few seconds went by. "My apologizes. I did not mean any disrespect towards your family and crew." He said to him and continued. "It is just how we look at things; those Crusaders, even if they are attempting to help the poor, they're still stealing from others. As for those 'Sky Patrol' iron hooved hypocrites, I've seen them first hoof do the exact same thing even though they speak of peace and equality." He said, then fell silent as he realized that he was rambling and ranting on. "I think we should let you rest. No need for you to get worked up anymore." He said and turned towards the door, not letting the blue pegasus speak again. As he made his way out, he noticed that the other pegasus was on his way out, which made him a bit curious. Was he going to have to speak some more?

Volt looked back at Valor who was lying down again. "Try and get some rest, Valor. We'll get of this ship and head back to ours once you're good to go." He said with a smile, but was only greeted in return by a nod from Valor. Volt left out of the room and took the same turn as the gryphon did, hoping to catch up to him. Once he saw the doctor, he trotted faster till he was by his side. "That was a bit of a touchy topic you hit back there, doc. Aven, right?" Volt said as the gryphon nodded. "It's good to meet you. Name's Volt Cloud-Strife. Anyways, I apologize for my friend snapping at you like that, but when it comes to his family, his very sensitive ever since... well..." He began to say, but stopped himself. Aven now became curious about this sudden stop of explanation as he turned his head and lifted an eyebrow. "Go on, ever since what?" He asked, though hoped he wasn't being too rude. Usually he wouldn't care, but this seemed to go a lot deeper. Volt looked at him in return, then looked forward before continuing. "Well, ever since he lost his real parents. He's come to accept us as more than his crewmates, but his second family." He explained to Aven, who in return stopped in his tracks and looked both fascinated and remorseful. "I see. I understand now." He simply said, thinking on how inconsiderate he must of sounded earlier.

They reached the flight room as Aven saw that Taalix was still controlling the ship, but something seemed off. They were at a near stand still, which meant that they must of been close to their destination, but there was still something wrong, and he felt it when he looked at his captain's face. "Captain, is everything alright?" He asked in a concerning voice.

The infernal stallions watched with piercing gazes as the ship moved in different directions. One was coming closer past the mountains and towards the forest, while the other two stayed at their heights and moved away from the mountain area. The one at the top of the mountain, the leader, kept his eyes on the Angel. There was something about the ship that caught his attention, something within it. The leader looked in the distance towards the forest and raised a firry hoof in it's direction. As he did, six of the firry stallions quickly dissipated from the area and reappeared on the outskirts of the forest. Despite being make of pure fire, they didn't set the ground on fire where ever they stepped, nor set the trees ablaze. Their body temperature seemed controlled. As the soldiers went into the forest, the leader looked down the mountain, seeing a group of unicorns that looked back up at him. It seemed that this entire race was able to communicate with very little verbal exchange. Most of the unicorns closed their eyes as they too began to dissipate, but instead of appearing somewhere else, their bodies turned into balls of light as their armor clattered onto the ground. The orbs of light slowly lifted into the air before coming together, then spreading out. The light began to take shape as the bottom started becoming some type of metal, mostly copper and steel. The light continued to spread, taking shape of a ship, but not one that was ever seen before. It was huge, extremely armored, and for a ship, very menacing looking.

Wind continued to steer away from the mountains down below, wanting to get as far away as possible and hoping that the uneasy feelings he was getting would go away. He already felt bad for leaving Star, Valor, and Volt behind, he didn't need the feeling of someone, or something, watching him constantly. He began to feel a little better, that was until one of his crewmates cried out, "Captain, I think you need to see this!" With that, WindCatch's heart began to sink as thoughts of what might be so important ran through his head. He left the wheel again, letting the ship glide in a straight path as he went down to the main deck, then went down even lower to the inside of the ship. Once he reached the location of the concerned member, who was standing next to the eyepiece of a telescope, Wind moved forward towards the scope that was known as the Star-to-Earth scope. He looked through the eyepiece and looked in the direction that the scope was set in. Color instantly ran from Wind's face as he saw what alarmed the member. He looked up at the buccaneer, looking as if Wind had just ran a marathon and was still catching his breath. "Te-tell the engineer... to put in as much power as he can... w-we need to get out of here. Now!" He said the last part with much alarm and fear in his voice.

Moments later, Wind went rushing back up the stairs and straight for the wheel again, a panicked look on his face. "Killjoy, I hope you're ready to fly, cause we need to get out of here now!" He said and quickly threw the throttle down to gain full speed, except nothing happened. Wind cranked the throttle back up, then threw it down again, but again nothing; not even a sound to signal that the engines were trying to pull more energy to go faster. In fact, if he wasn't mistaken, they were beginning to slow down drastically. WindCatch looked around frantically, then grabbed the nearest talk relay tube. "What's going on?! Why are the engines stopping?! Someone in the engine room, speak to me!" He said into the tube, and not long after, a response, "Captain, the main pipe has been damaged by a cannon ball! I can get it fixed, but I'll need some time!" WindCatch gritted his teeth in fear and frustration, then spoke again in a authoritative tone. "Get it repaired as fast as ponily possible!" He said loudly, then his attention was pulled again when another crewmember shouted out. "Above us; where did that ship come from!?" With that, Wind shakily lifted his head up to see the ship was now above them. He too wondered how it got above both his and Killjoy's ship without seeing it rise up. It floated there as if it had been there all along, and the crew members along with the leader looked down upon the two ships, this dissipated all at once. Wind's eyes widen when he realized he was no longer alone. "Greetings... captain." The firry stallion said in a low, dark, monotone voice. Wind carefully looked behind him at the leader, then looked forward, then over at Killjoy's ship. Both had groups of the firry stallions, groups comprised of Earth ponies, Pegasus, and Unicorns. His crew was ready for a fight, but it was obvious that they were confused about what these ponies actually where. This was it, this was what Wind was fearing, but he didn't realize that it was be this terrifying of an opponent. He then jumped and turned around when he felt a hoof on his shoulder; it was hot, but not scorching. He looked at the leader as the firry stallion placed his metal barded hoof back onto the ground, staring right at Wind with his crimson red eyes. "It is time... you will join the Everlast." The leader said in the same tone of voice as before. Wind's eyes widen; the Everlast, was that the name of the ship that now hovered above them? "W-who... or what are you?" Wind asked in a shaky voice.

As ForestSpark trotted back over to the other side of the ship, she saw that Arrow was alone again; not seeing the captain anywhere in sight. A wide smile came across her face as she went over to Arrow. "Well that sure was quick. What did the captain want?" She asked her, then a mischievous grin came across her face. "Let me guess, he's finally asked you to marry him, but you turned him down and that's why he's not here now, am I right?" She said rhetorically with an obvious hint that she was joking.

((My apologizes for the wait everyone. I do hope this makes up for it.))

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she smirked. "shut up. you're not funny. no he just wanted to know what happened to Star's little friend that "fell" off the dingy trying to save her. she had to watch to." she said sadistically with pleasure. She loved hurting "pirates". expecially friends of Star. ((dude thats THE longest post i've ever seen))

Killjoy just looked at the fire ponies one her deck and then at Wind. Killjoy brought the Ursa side by side to the Angel and hopped aboard and walked towards Wind and stood besides him. Killjoy also looked at the flaming Stallion "what is the meaning of this?" she asked coldly not caring if it was disrespectful sounding or not, her job wasn't to play nice. The soldiers on the Ursa were all pointing their guns at the flaming ponies, even Killjoy was gripping her pistol and sword. "Make what you are about to say quick, we are traveling somewhere and I intent to get there as fast as possible." she said now glaring at the Stallion. Killjoy had a job to be done and wants to get it over with so she can get her crew some profit. She was never good with Patience so she pretty angered by the Flaming pony's interruption.

ForestSpark couldn't help but giggle at Arrow's reaction to her fake accusations. Her exp<b></b>ression went from playful to curious when Arrow mentioned about the captain wanting to know about another member from the Angel. "So, the captain was hoping for a new recruit, huh? Curious." She said softly. She had been on this ship long enough to know what certain questions and actions meant. "Well, to be honest, this ship is quiet understaffed. I guess I'm not that surprised that he..." She suddenly had a concerned look on her face as she looked to her side, looking over the edge of the ship. There was nothing to be seen, but something obvious caught her attention. "Odd." Forest said in a quiet voice.

The firry stallion leader looked over at Killjoy, yet there was no change in his expression. He then looked back at WindCatch who had snapped out of his fear long enough to get his sword in his teeth and charge right at the leader. Wind was sure that he had hit the stallion, that was until he saw the stallion just vanish. Was this a fake, an illusion? No, something else was going on. That stallion didn't look to be a unicorn, just a pegasus. That's when it hit him; Wind immediately looked up just in time to see a pair of hooves crash down on top of his head, bringing Wind down. It was then that the leader's crew followed suit and began their attack on both the Angel and the Ursa. Despite being against ponies that had guns and large swords, the firry stallions rushed and attacked relentlessly. When one was struck, they would vanish and reappear behind their attacker and strike back. The fight seemed unwinnable. The leader walked up to Wind, who was recovering after that strike, and grabbed him by his neck with both front hooves before taking off high into the sky, upwards towards his ship, and dropped Wind off onto the deck of the Everlast. WindCatch gritted his teeth and grunted loudly when he landed hard on his side, then attempted to stand up. When he was able to collect himself, surprised that he wasn't in for another strike, he looked around the ship. It was completely empty, but it hummed as if there was a lot of movement around. His eyes then fell to a lone firry stallion unicorn who had his eyes closed, and his horn glowing a brilliant white. Wind began to wonder just what this one was doing, and what magic was he going to, or already casting. Just then the leader landed behind WindCatch. Wind spun around and searched for his sword, only to realize that he must of dropped it back on his ship. "I present to you two choices, Captain. Either forfeit you captain position and your soul to become a part of the Omega crew, and I'll spare the rest of your crew, or suffer an eternity of darkness." The leader said in a cold voice, looking at Wind through narrowed eyes. Wind couldn't believe that was going on, nor did he understand it. How was any of this even possible; ponies made of fire. It wasn't till he heard the name of the crew that it hit him, this was no ordinary pony that stood in front of him, and not just because he was covered in fire, this was Omega, one of the first few ponies. "I-I thought... t-that the first alicorns of time were removed for this plain of existence a long time ago." He voiced his protest, a new level of fear now wrapping around his mind.

Omega stared at Wind for a moment, not speaking up at all, then finally closed his eyes. "We were... all seven of us. I, however struck a deal with the King and Queen of the first ponies, and was allowed to roam the Earth once more." He explained to the confused stallion in front of him. Wind's eye began to twitch a little for a second; how could the alicorns of the Earth allow this to go on? He then realized something else, "If you're Omega, then why are you not a Alicorn?" He pointed out, in which Omega opened his red eyes a little to look at Wind. "That... was a part of the deal. I will shed my immortal body to carry out the will of the King and Queen." He explained further to Wind, who only had more questions than answers. "Their will? Wha-what exactly is their will?" Wind asked curiously. Silence fell between them for a moment, and Wind began to feel the fear sinking in further as he waited for some kind of answer. If Omega decided to attack instead of answering, then it would be more than likely all over for Wind. Finally a grin flashed upon the fire stallion's face as he opened his mouth to answer. "To have the cities burn down to a crisp, and to have all the life... leave this world, going to back to the King and Queen." He said, keeping the grin and sounding satisfied. Horror now crossed onto Wind's face.

she looked at her a bit doubtedly "i doubt it though. He's the same as the whole pirate lot of them. He wouldn't listen to a word he would say. Though he might've coperated if we threatened Star. He seemed to like her. He's dead so no problem anyway...." she said before she realized what her friend had said "what's odd?" she asked her.

Star was getting bored. she had taken out one of the sticks holding her wing in place not exactly wanting to be in the position to be executed. She hoped that Wind wouldn't be stupid enough to try to rescue her and she didn't want to be executed.

Killjoy saw the stallion attack Wind and immediately knew their fighting tactics and began her offensive of the flame ponies by firing a shot at pegasus but he vanished then right when he was about to appear, Killjoy slashed behind her and saw the Pegasus fall to the ground. Killjoy's crew saw her strategy and did the same. Killjoy had no idea who these ponies were and honestly did not care, they were aboard her ship and attacking her crew and the crew she was supposed to be protecting so her objective was never more urgent to her now.

It took less than a minute for the trio to get the dingy launched and away from the Kestrel, with Aerus stopping to close the hangar door before flying back to the dingy itself. Luminous Spark turned to Aerus once they were finally underway. “So...you never actually told me WHY we needed to hurry.”

Though not actually a question, Aerus still felt like he owed her an answer, even if he didn't know that much himself. “He didn't say-” he ignored the unicorn's look of annoyance, “-but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with that.” Aerus pointed with a claw toward the mountain, which was still covered with a number of small lights though several appeared to be winking out from this distance. “That was what Taal was looking at before he sent us off.”

Luminous Spark followed the direction he was pointing. “Oh...” She wasn't quite sure what to make of that. She wasn't aware of anypony living on the mountain, so for somepony...or something...to have been apparently just waiting there for passing ships was a troubling development. She frowned in thought, only to be quickly interrupted by Aerus.

“So what do you need from the ground anyways?”

“Soil and vegetation samples to start. I'd been somewhat hoping to pick up some fauna as well, although I think I will have to revise my plan for that. I should be able to make do without for now...” She trailed off a little, before remembering the other thing she'd need to do. “And I'd been hoping to get some energy readings of the place.”

Aerus scratched his chin as the dingy approached the treeline. “I don't know if we're gonna have time for that last one...” If Taalix's fears were justified, and he had no reason to think that they weren't, the away team wouldn't want to be out here too long. He also couldn't help thinking about how the Kestrel could potentially face the hard choice of either sitting vulnerable while waiting for them to return or abandoning them to the elements. Deciding he didn't want to think about that too much, he thought it a better use of his time to explore alternatives. “Any way to get the readings that wouldn't require being on the the surface?”

Taalix was still looking at the distant mountain as Volt and Aven came back into the cabin, Aven asking if things were alright. “No, it isn't. I don't know anything about that mountain, aside from the fact that it's a terrain feature near the Everfree. And there's the problem: if it were content to keep being just a large collection of rock we wouldn't have an issue, but something on that mountain just woke up. We're on an alert status until there's an opportunity to leave. I need more information...” The last part he said as much to himself as anyone else. Still, for the time being no specific action was required, so he took an opportunity to check in on another development. “Aven, how's your patient?”

Midnight Streak cantered past, munching some apple chunks in her feedbag contentedly. She did a few preliminary checks.

"Lock picks? Check. Bobby pins? Check. Provisions? Che-" she stopped, then walked back. Leaning by the doorway, she commented, "Ooh, a mission. Where to, Captain?"

[@Grassblade: I would start by browsing through the first page of this thread, which includes a list of important locations, current ships and their crews, and a summary of events in the thread so far. Reading those should give you a sense of what's going on, and make it easier to get you into the story that's already in progress.

As SongHeart said, you will need to sign up in the OOC thread, using the (fairly small) character sheet that can be found there. Of particular note is that you will need to either choose which ship your character to serves on, or create one of your own.]

((Guess who's back.))

As Star removed the stick from her bandage, something fell from the wrappings. It was metallic as it made a clink sound once it hit the floor. beside her had fallen a key that seemed to be made from the same metal as the lock and the cage.

ForestSpark looks at Arrow after a moment longer of being lost in her thoughts still. She wasn't quiet sure how to explain what she was feeling right now. "I... well, it's nothing really." She said as she mustered up a smile to try and not worry Arrow any more. Whatever she was feeling was off, and it was below them, litterly. She slightly shook her head and smile again. "Wouldn't it be fun if we gave chase to your sister one more time before we get to our destination? If she gets hurt again, we could just say that she was trying to escape. Of course we can't break any of her weak little bones, or else we'd have to prolong her execution." ForestSpark said with a grin.

Battle Theme:

Abrogation

As the pegasus fell after being struck, fire spewed from the gash, but no blood nor sighs of bleeding. The fighting continued to wage on both ships, no signs of ending till one side was completely eradicated. When the sound of metal hitting metal was heard from the fallen pegasus, a light formed from the ship above Killjoy just before shooting down and striking the fallen pegasus. When the light dissipated, the wound that Killjoy gave the firry pegasus was now closed up. The pegasus opened his eyes again and stood up without a struggle, grabbing his sword from the ground and walked up to Killjoy without fear and swinging the sword right at her neck.

Wind did his best to land a strike on Omega, but every attempt was met with the leader teleporting away and striking back. The last strike made WindCatch fall to his knees in pain. This was looking more and more impossible to win. As he stayed down, a thought went through his mind. 'How can a Pegasus teleport? Even if he was a alicorn once, he was just a pegasus now.' He turned around just in time to see the lone unicorn's horn glow brighter for a second as a light jumped from it's horn and onto the ship, then sink into it. That was it; this unicorn was somehow controlling the fight on this ship by helping Omega teleport around, and more likely controlling the entire fight. This was an unwinnable battle unless this unicorn was removed. Wind lowered his head and began charging at the unicorn, but before he could get close enough, the unicorn's eyes popped open, a faint blue mist escaping from the glowing white eyes. The unicorn opened it's mouth and spoke in a language that was unheard of for thousands of years. As it spoke, strong gusts of wind blew onto the deck of the ship, violently pushing WindCatch back into the railing of the ship and breaking it, sending Wind overboard. With quick reaction, Wind grabbed the side of the ship before he was completely off the ship and hung there. He looked down at the two ships below; the Ursa and the Angel. The drop was too steep, it might kill him if he tried no matter how strong he was. He then began trying to climb back up since the mysterious gust of wind was now over. As Wind started climbing upwards, he looked up and saw that Omega was now looking over him. "This was your choice. Do not forget that..."

Aven was still slightly worried at what his captain was referring to, seeing the light appearing one by one on the mountain below them. He then looked at Taalix when he was asked about Valor. "He's recovering quiet well, actually. Apparently he was awake before I stepped into the room, speaking with miss Lumionus about research or something of that nature I'm sure. He's healing quiet nicely, but he'll still be down for a few more days to the least." He informed his captain.

Volt looked at Aven, then at Taalix to see if there was going to be any rejections towards what was just said. "I apologize in advance if that will cause any issues, sir." He said in a respective tone. This attitude caught Aven off guard as he found himself now looking at Volt with a raised eyebrow.

Dashing noticed the clinking, and saw the key. He then thought to himself, "How did that get there? I mean, the pony who strapped on the bandage might've secretly put it there, or maybe she stole it...". Dashing then shook his head, and went to the bars, and asked, "Tell me the truth, did you steal the key, or did the pony who wrapped on the bandage? And if you tell the truth, we can keep this to ourselfs."

Killjoy looked at the flame pony rise from being stabbed "this figures..." she mumbled as she quickly reacted at the pony's attack, she blocked and countered by kicking him to make distance before blowing him away with a blunderbuss. Killjoy quickly looked up and saw Wind hanging off the ship above "what the hell is he doing? won't be too long before we all die!" she thought before gritting her teeth as she saw the fighting all around her showing no sign of ending. These flame pony's don't seem to die or quit, this left Killjoy without a plan.The pony's can be teleporting so a quick escape would be impossible. This feeling of helplessness was new and not too pleasant, it was unacceptable to her because she is failing in her agreement of protecting the Angel and her crew. There has to be a way to avoid death like she always has. Her mind raced with plans and possible scenarios of the results. Every outcome of everything she thought seems to end badly, it seemed impossible to escape or to even win such a battle against immortal ponies such as these. her thoughts were quickly cut off as another fire pony came in and quickly slashed grazing her right eye making her stumble back grunting in pain as she held her hoof on the wound the blade was one fire so the burning pain was pulsing through her face.

Archived