A Special Visitor (Closed: Mojo, Gerrard)

Mojo

He was feeling better, even with his girlfriend threatening to attack her siblings. Upon releasing her, he smirked and gently booped her white muzzle with his black talon. "Simmer down sweetheart. They are just playing around," he explained calmly, knowing she was doing her best.

Upon being scolded by the doctor, he nodded and sat on his haunches. "I promise not to hurt myself. For Haymaker's sake," he cheered in fake selfless manner. He glanced over to the filly and smiled devilishly as he deftly pulled a long black feather from his immobile wing and carefully placed it in the mane of the young filly. "I real griffon feather. Did you know that griffon feathers are about twice as long as pegasus feathers," he explained, giving the filly her first lesson as he took a seat at the table between the two sisters.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haywire grew wide eyed as she was present with the griffon feather and heard Gerrard's words.

"WOW! A real griffon feather!" the rust colored filly shouted with delight. "And ya say thar twice as long as Pegasi feathers? I didn't know that! Will ya tell me more about griffons? Please please PLEASE???"

"You quit pesterin' Gerrard!" Haymaker snapped before pretending to clear her throat, "Er.. what I meant ta say was, would ya same yur questions fer after we eat? Don't want our food ta git cold, do we?"

"Mah food ain't gonna go cold!" Hayseed neighed as he devoured all the food on his plate at a pace that astonished his sisters and Doctor Stable.

"Tell me, Hayseed, did you bother to chew your food before swallowing it?" the unicorn physician said sternlly. "Eating one's food too quickly can cause both indigestion and heartburn."

"Don't wurry bout mah brother, doc!" Haywire giggled, "fer him, that IS eatin' slow!"

"You! Listen to the good doctor!" Haymaker shouted, pointing her hoof at Hayseed before sitting back down, "Er.. I meant ta say, Doctor Stable has some sound advice, dear brother. You should pay heed."

"Dear brother?" Hayseed asked, looking surprised. "You ain't called me dear brother since we were foals! You feelin' alright, sis?"

The griffon was glad to see that such a simple gift meant so much to the young filly. He was about to make a comment when her older sister angrily snapped for the thousandth time. "I did promise to teach her about griffons today. I know that you are strong in your beliefs, but you need to express them in a more controlled manner. How about you try and give me an Asteria impersonation? She never blurts anything out, no matter what she thinks," he politely suggested to the often angry mare in a suave Canterlot style of speech.

He gave her ravenous brother a glance and brow raise before turning his attention to his meal. "Hayseed, I'll answer three questions for you at breakfast, pick carefully, " he offered, carefully eating his meal in a much more controlled manner.

When she was called out for being fake, the griffon nodded in agreement as he looked Haymaker in the eyes. "Darling, I would rather you be gritty and truthful than proper and fake. Just be yourself, just turn the emotion down a notch," he suggested In the most helpful manner he could muster. He was completely relaxed, seemingly the opposite of his high strung marefriend.

Haymaker lowered her head in sadness, she knew Gerrard was right. The lanky red maned mare looked up at the griffon and nodded her head.

"Reckon yur right, sweetie. But I don't wantcha ta git the wrong impression of me. I kin be kind and lovin', I really kin!"

Before Hayseed opened his mouth ready to tease his older sister, Doctor Stable starred him down with an icy glare.

"Don't even think about it," the unicorn physician said sternly. Seeing her older sister sad, Haywire walked over to her.

"I know ya kin, sis, an' we love ya all the same," the blank flank filly said as the two shared a quick hug before Haywire turned back to Gerrard, "I'm really lookin' forward ta hearin' more about griffons!"

"I know you can be, just don't lie and act fake," he responded solemnly as he carefully rest his head against hers. The griffon paused as he thought about what to say and when her brother took a moment to try to tease her, he puffed up his chest and glared at the stallion. "Do you have to tease her so much? You can clearly see she doesn't like it. Teasing should be a fun two way street. How about you try teasing me," Gerrard warned her brother, trying to intimidate some sense into him.

After a moment of awkward silence, the griffon sighed and looked over to the filly. "You still have three griffon question for this morning, " he commented warmly before finishing off his meal.

Hayseed lowered his head in sadness. He knew Gerrard was right so he continued to eat his breakfast in silence.

"Does anyone need more eggs er toast?" Haymaker asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh goody! I got three more questions!" Haywire neighed as the rust colored filly turned towards Gerrard. "Do griffons lay eggs? How does that work exactly?"

Hayseed, Haywire and Doctor Stable all did 'spit takes' at the mention of this question. This was the kind of awkward, 'birds and bees' style questions younger ponies often ask.

"Uh, Miss Haywire, perhaps that's not the type of question to ask during mealtime," Doctor Stable suggested.

"Why? I wanna know!" Haywire neighed defensively.

As Doctor Stable sat completely dumbfounded, Hayseed and Haymaker looked at each other, and then over at their little sister, unable to come up with something tactful to say about the filly's question.

Gerrard straightened up when he finished his meal, the griffon relaxing as he started digesting his food. When she mentioned griffon eggs and her siblings spit taked, he raised his brow, lucky to have nothing to spit out. "Oh, well," he responded, his eyes going wide as he looked at the bowl of eggs.

"Ahh, you're eating baby griffons. Noo he declared loudly, snatching the bowl and cradling it like a baby. After an awkward moment of silence, he smirked and scooped up an egg and devoured it in one gulp. "Mmm, baby birds," he joked playfully, the griffon making complete light of her question as he played it off like a joke.

"Two questions left, pick some better ones Haywire," he remarked coyly before turning his attention back to his girlfriend.

At first, little Haywire was in a state of shock at Gerrard's answer to her question. Then when she remembered that she had gone out to the hen house herself to fetch the eggs for breakfast, the rust colored filly then understood the griffon's attempt at humor. As Hayseed looked completely dumbfounded, Haymaker wasn't sure what to think. It's true that she felt her younger sister wasn't ready for 'the talk' but dismissing Haywire's question like this completely worried the lanky red maned mare. It was Doctor Stable who broke the tension in the room.

"Now now, Gerrard," the unicorn physician spoke, "I'm not sure that was the correct way to address Miss Haywire's question."

Haywire, to her credit, decided to respond to the joke with one of her own.

"Well, I reckon if'n ya don't really know where baby griffons come from, that's ok. Ain't no harm in that!" the yellow maned filly laughed. Seeing that their sister was taking this in stride made her siblings breathe a collective sigh of relief.

"Er, Haywire, looks like we're all done with breakfast, wanna help me with the dishes?"

"Sure sis! Excuse me Gerrard, while I'm doin' dishes, I'll think of some more questions fer ya!" Haywire neighed, giving the griffon a quick hug before she started collecting the dishes from the table.

"That was sure some good grub this mornin', wasn't it Gerrard?" Hayseed asked with a smile on his face.

"Yes, it was all quite delicious. Mr. Gerrard, how are you feeling now? Any pain or discomfort so far?"

Gerrard chuckled as his words were almost met with horror. They apparently weren't fond of the joke, the hybrid grinning as he decided to give her a better answer. "Ahh, kiddo, I owe you a better answer than that. Yes, griffons come from eggs. Technically ponies do too, but you won't understand until you're older. I don't want to bore you with science. I would have to make you write a report on it if I explained anymore," he explained with a smirk as he gently booped the filly on the nose with his talon.

He gave his beak one last lick before making sure he was clean. "The food was immaculate. Hearty and healthy, I feel reinvigorated. Almost forgot I was injured. I'm feeling great doc. Barely hurt at all," he explained, stretching his feline frame as seemed mostly free of injury. "The wings are sore but I don't need to fly. I think I'll be okay doc," he cheered lightly while getting away from the table.

"Ok!" little Haywire said with smile, "that's all I wanted ta know on that question, Gerrard! I'll be askin' ya more after I help mah sister with the dishes."

"I'll be out as soon as I'm finished cleanin' up after breakfast, my love," Haymaker said sweetly to her very special somegriffon as she led her little sister into the kitchen.

"Well, if'n y'all will excuse me, I gotta lotta farm chores ta do," Hayseed said as the stallion got up, "see ya later, Gerrard and Doc!"

"Alright Mr. Hayseed, do take care," Doctor Stable said as the physician unicorn stallion waved to the departing work horse. "Well now, Mr. Gerrard. that leaves you and me. You seem to be up and about on your feet and claws quite well. Would you feel up to a short walk outside, I'd like to check and see how well you're healing up. I do think the foot ointment has done it's job, so if you no longer have foot pain, I think we can dispense with that part of your treatment."

Gerrard nodded as he listened to the filly. He was glad to hear that she was looking forward to asking him more questions. The griffon thought she was adorable, even with the silly questions and explosives. The hybrid stood up and prepared to leave before getting a farewell from others.

"Bye. See you all in a little while," he commented with a wink for his marefriend before leaving with the doctor. "Ya, I wouldn't mind a walk on a beach with you doc," he joked with a chuckle before leading Stable outside. "Yeah, my feet seem to be okay. My wings are still sore, but I don't need to walk on them. What do you need to see from me," he commented mischievously as he sat on his haunches and gave the doctor one of his black talons.

Doctor Stable took a close look at the talons Gerrard offered him, examining them by holding each one with a front hoof.

"These are fine, Gerrard," the unicorn physician said calmly, "my main point of concern are your hind paws. I want to make certain they're ready to sustain your full weight comfortably. In order to test them, we'll need to take a short walk outside."

Doctor Stable then turned towards the kitchen, clearing his throat to make sure he will be 'overheard.'

"Gee, this farm is rather large! I wish we had a guide to show us around to the best path to take for our walk!"

The clever doctor waited as he could hear the discussion going on in the kitchen.

"Hear that, sis?" Haywire asked with a smile. "Tell ya what, I kin finish up all these dishes so you kin be their guide."

"Really little sister?" Haymaker asked, "You'd do that fer me?"

"Of course I would! Now git out thar and be the best guide you kin be!"

An overjoyed Haymaker hugged her sister and then galloped over to the two waiting males.

"I reckon if'n yur plannin' ta take a walk round here, I best tag along ta show ya where ta go! Wouldn't want y'all to git lost."

"What a delightful suggestion! Wouldn't you agree, Mr. Gerrard?"

The griffon was enjoying the mild weather as he listened to the doctor, feeling in better spirits as he took some relaxed steps. When the doctor mentioned his paws, the griffon nodded and glanced back, thinking over his words before responding. "Well, I don't normally share my paws on the first date doc, but I guess I've 'fallen' for you," he joked, showing the doctor one of his jet black paws. The foot seemed okay, perhaps a bit rough for wear, but otherwise acceptable.

When he mentioned the size of the farm, Gerrard looked around, realizing that it was in fact rather large. "Yeah, I need my big strong marefriend to help me test my feet. I would love to get your assistance in my time of need. It is a great idea doc. If she gets tired, I can carry her around, won't it be grand," he suggested with a smile as he tried to come up with an excuse to snatches her up. While he would never openly say it, the griffon absolutely loved grabbing and hugging things.

Doctor Stable held his usually blank facial expression as his patent joked during course of their conversation about his paws. The unicorn physician knew that humor was always a good venue for coping with injuries or illness, so he let those comments pass.

He was delighted that Gerrard accepted his idea and that Haymaker got the heavy hints he was dropping. Doctor Stable realized that this 'guided tour' would be good for both of them.

"Let me show ya around the place!" Haymaker happily neighed as she led them towards a smaller barn nearby. "Over here's mah brother's workshop! He kin fix any kinda farm machinery thar is! He's even invented a few great machines ta help with our hay harvestin'!:

As the lanky red maned mare spoke, An explosion shook the barn, a big puff of smoke escaped out the front door as several parts flew through the air above them, followed by a wagon wheel that slowly rolled out and then wobbled to a stop in front of the griffon.

"HAYSEED! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" she called out as a black sut covered stallion staggered out.

"That thar's the last time I try ta build somethin' from plans I got from Tankena," the wobbly stallion muttered.

"I told ya that Stalliongradian mare was nutin' but trouble!" Haymaker called out as Doctor Stable rushed over to Hayseed.

"You look injured, Hayseed, I better have a closer look. I'm sorry, Miss Haymaker, but duty calls. I'm afraid I must miss the rest of your tour."

"Aww, that's a shame," Haymaker said, pretending to be disappointed but inwardly giddy with excitement. "Gerrard an' I will, try, ta manage without ya."

"I'm sure you will," Doctor Stable said with a wink as he helped Hayseed back inside the barn. "Well, at least the fire looks like it's out."

Haymaker smiled widely as she pointed out into the expanse of the back acreage.

"Where would ya like to go next, my love? The babblin' brook, or the grist mill?"

Gerrard was disappointed to find no reaction at all to his clever joke. He had hoped for more from the doctor, but didn't let it bother him too much. Humor wasn't for everyone, and his own jokes weren't the best. He let out an audible sigh But was glad to find his date beside him.

"Nice to see you again Haymaker," he commented with a smile as she showed off the workshop. He knew a lot of people who liked crazy experiments, and as expected, an explosion rocked the building. Gerrard let out a chuckle, knowing that the stallion had screwed up. "Yeah go help the other goof, I'll be okay doc," he commented calmly as nuzzled his date.

The black griffon stood at her side and thought over her offer. He wasn't entirely sure how the mill worked, and decided to see it first claw. "Can you take me to the mill dear. I would love to see your stuff, he commented with a smile as he gently pecked a kiss on her cheek.

As Doctor Stable continued to help Hayseed, Haymaker was delighted to be alone with Gerrard, even more delighted when she received a kiss on the cheek. Nearly giddy with excitement, the lanky red maned mare tried not to let her emotions get her carried away. After all, Gerrard was injured as she didn't want to hurt him any further by hugging him too hard.

"Sure thing, sweetie! Gotta show ya our grist mill! It's one of the best in this here part of Equestria!" Haymaker bragged as she led Gerrard over to the large grist mill, "Right this way!"

Haymaker opened the huge door and lend her very special somegriffon inside. In the center of the inner structure was a huge wooden beam with a large round-cut grindstone on the end. Since the mill wasn't in use at the moment, the beam was locked in a stationary position as the water wheel outside continued to turn. The lower grindstone was also visible along with many huge meshing gears and wooden chutes that connected to much of the upper parts of the mill.

"As you kin see, mah love, this mill was built to grind a lotta grain at once. If we were makin' flour now, I'd pull this big wooden lever down and lock the water wheel to the grinding beam. Then as the wheel turned, the grain poured in between the two millstones would git ground up. But the water wheel doesn't only run the grinding operation. It also powers the sieve that sifts through the flour an' the conveyer belt that loads the milled flour inta the grain sacks. Every once in a while gears will wear out or we have to replace the grindstones, but other than routine maintenance, this good ol' mill works like clockwork! Wanna watch me grind some wheat with it? Got a couple bins of grain that need grindin', Hayseed was gonna run this off tomorrow, but if'n ya wanna see this mill run with yur own eyes, I kin do it fer ya!"

Gerrard silently watched her glee, keeping a calm demeanor as he thought about her reaction. He liked her as well but didn't want to seem too romantic as he followed her over to the mill. "Not too many mills where I come from. Most of our farms are fish related, he explained with a chuckle as he looked around the large building.

"To be honest, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by grist. I just usually called them mills, not too familiar with the distinctions. Interesting to look at, seems dangerous," he commented with a mischievous smirk as he gawked at the water ran tool. He had an idea how it worked from broad diagrams he had seen in books, but never in practice. "Sure, show it off dear. I would love to see you work a bit," he replied positively, the hybrid shaking his rear in excitement.

"Alright, my sweet!" Haymaker neighed happily as the lanky red maned mare walked over to the wooden gearworks. She then proceeded to load the bin with grain before pulling down the large lever to activate the mill. Soon, the turning water wheel began moving all of the gears and pulleys of the machinery. The two grinding stones came together and started to do their work. As the contents of the bin was pulverized into flour, the flour began to flow downward through the chutes to the sifting apparatus just before the flour fell into an open grain sack on the other end. As each bag was filled, Haymaker quickly moved each bag to be sealed and then finally sent down the final chute into a waiting flatbed wagon. Within a few minutes, four fresh sacks of flour were produced in this manner.

"See how it works, Gerrard? How do ya like it?"

He smiled as his date seemed to enjoy sharing her life with him. He didn't mind experiencing new things in small doses and this fit within the parameters for him. His eyes fixated on the heavy machine as it utterly pulverized the grain. Part of him wanted to stick something tougher into it but avoided doing so out of respect for Haymaker.

His eyes widened in awe of the power as he turned his attention to her. When she dumped some stuff to be milled, he instinctively reached out for her, seeming concerned for her safety. "Ahh don't pulverize your hooves," he called out in a worried tone before seeing she was okay.

After a moment of awkward silence, he decided to answer her question. "I love it, it gets me excited. I wanna pulverize you," he joked playfully, giving her a bear hug as he swung her around. He didn't seem too injured, as ide from his wings, of course he wasn't using those anyway.

As first, Haymaker squealed a little when her very special somegriffon enbraced her, because she wasn't expecting such an affectionate reaction to her mill demonstration. But when the 'shock' wore off, she smiled widely and hugged him back.

"Oh Gerrard! You seem to be really spry an' fit this mornin'! I'm so glad yur gitt'n better!"

Then, she closed her eyes as she hugged him, savoring every moment of their embrace as the mill machinery continued to whirl. It was these sounds that finally got the red maned mare's attention.

"Oops! I best shut this thing off now!" she said apologetically as she released the hug, rushed over to the huge wooden lever and attempted to push it back up into the 'off' position. Visibly, Haymaker was struggling with it because it took more effort to push the lever back up to disengage the main beam than it was to pull it downward.

"Oh uh, I can't get this lever back up ta shut all this off! Gerrard! Could ya help me, please?"

He smiled as she squealed with delight, the griffon glad to have his affection returned to him. "Aww, I'm a tough old bird. It takes three barns to take me out! I'll be flying in no time and that's a promise," he explained in an upbeat manner as he gave her a thumbs up. After thinking about it for a moment, he ended the gesture as he wondered if she would get the meaning with her lack of fingers.

His thoughts were interrupted when she mentioned the machine. He shook his head and glanced over to see her trying in vain to shut off the machine. Upon being asked, he hurried over as fast as he could, positioning himself beneath the lever. "Okay I got this, "he remarked confidently as he gripped it with his two strong black talons and pushed up with all of his strength as he tried to stop the machine.

Gerrard's extra muscle along with Haymaker's best efforts managed to push the huge wooden lever upward, thus disengaging the main wooden beam from the water wheel apparatus. With a heavy sigh of relief, Haymaker saw that the machinery was now effectively shut down again.

"Thanks a lot fer the help, my love," the lanky red maned mare said as she gave her very special somegriffon a big hug. "I never realized how much muscle it takes ta turn all this on. No wonder mah brother's the only one who operates this here mill, Reckon I jist ain't as strong as he is, though I'd HATE ta admit it to him. Maybe we shouldn't tell'm about all this, ok?"

"I won't say a word neither!" little Haywire neighed as she was noiw standing behind her big sister.

"Haywire! What.. what are ya doin' here?"

"Finished all the dishes and cleanin' up the kitchen, and WOW Mr. Gerrard, you sure are strong! Are all griffons as strong as you are?"

Gerrard blinked when the filly announced her presence suddenly. The griffon hid his surprise as he tried to figure out how long the little ninja had been spying on the couple. He decided to roll with her announcement, playing along with youngster as he nodded. "Nobody has to know that big sister isn't a body builder," he commented with a cheeky grin as he lowered his head to the level of the young pony.

When Haywire was impressed by his strength, the griffon smiled and flexed his arms in a goofy manner. I'm probably stronger when I'm not hurt, but in regards to griffons, I think I'm pretty normal. My wrists are strong though from tightening bolts. Flexible wrists give you great leverage and that helps a lot, like this," he commented mischievously as he scooped Haywire up in his strong black talons and playfully 'flew' her around.

Gerrard looked over to his date and carefully kissed his date as he deftly flew Haywire around with his talons. "Where is Haywire landing next my dear," he commented with a smile as he broke the kiss and looked out the building.

Haymaker was feeling so good about being close to Gerrard, that she wasn't all that upset with Haywire for her apparent eavesdropping.

"Oh, she's ok, darlin', after all, she did finish mah kitchen chores fer me," the red maned mare said with a smile. This response drew a sigh of relief from her rust colored little sister.

"I didn't mean ta ruin yur time together, I jist came ta tell ya I got yur chores all done," Haywire said with a smile. "If'n ya put me down, I'll go work on a few things in mah treehouse."

"Oh, you an' that thar treehouse of yurs," Haymaker said with a giggle. "Can't believe ya hang out thar so much."

"But it's great! You an' Gerrard orta come see it sometime," the blank flank filly said with a grin.

"We'll see, little sister. But first, we gotta make sure our, patient' gits in enough exercise. After all, that's what Doc said, right?"

"Reckon so."

"Thanks for all the help Haywire! With all of your help, I think I'll be feeling great in no time. Maybe I will give you a free flight when I'm all better. Of course if your big sis will allow it," he commented with a smirk as he playfully jabbed Haymaker in the side.

His long tail wagged excitedly as he spoke, the hybrid looking forward to his walk with his marefriend. I will try and stop by your fortress when we are done with my exercises. Assuming we have time," the griffon added warmly as he leaned against his marefriend.

Archived