Searching for a Story (Open!)

kindofararity7

Sky Write soared across the indigo sky above Canterlot. Normally, this would be something he would do to relax, but this time he was only stressed. He was in one of his little trenches, nothing would come to his mind, no matter how much he tried. And try as he might, no amount of force could make an idea pop into his head.

"Why can I never seem to think of something when I need to?"

Sky was only stressing himself out. He was in a writing mood but had no ideas, no inspiration for his next great story.

"Every other time I can't help but think of a million story prompts. But, of course, the one time I need to, nothing happens!"

Sky let out a long sigh. "Maybe I should do something to get my mind off of it."

He slowly flew down to the cobblestone walkway beneath him. Examining his surroundings, he saw that he had landed in front of a nice restaurant. "Might as well get something to eat." Sky walked over to an empty table and took a seat, his mind still stuck on being stuck.

Mystiknote almost passed the restaurant before remembering- her mom had just given her some money, and food was sounding good to her. She hadn't had any breakfast... or anything to eat today, really. No reason why, she just didn't feel hungry at the time...

"A bit of a splurge couldn't hurt..." she mumbled

A look down the way twards the road to the gardens, where she planned to relax and work on a song... and then back at the restaurant. it smelled good too.

"Lunch, then writing. Maybe writing during lunch too!"

She trotted into the establishment... Ah, yes. She loved staying with her folks in Canterlot. Sometimes.

As soon as the waiter brought Sky his daisy sandwich, he took a bite out of it. Only, it didn't taste like daisies. A quick peek under the bread showed him why.

"Hay. Maybe this would be a nice story."

Sky sighed, yet again. "What am I coming to?"

He noticed a violet unicorn trot through the front gates. A quick look around showed that there were no empty tables. The place was much busier than it normally was. But perhaps this would bring in a nice change of pace to the, otherwise, boring cafe!

A sigh escaped her as the waiter told her of the lack of open tables. She would be waiting at least thirty minutes.

Oooh she thought, I hate being impatient. Curse my want for instant gratification! Mentally scolding herself a bit.

She headed outside to wait for someone to leave and was wondering if the splurge was really worth it after all...

Sky watched the unicorn as she sadly made her way out of the restaurant. She must be leaving. She could probably use this table more than I can right now. Sky glanced down towards his sandwich. Today isn't going my way anyways.

He quickly got to his hooves and trotted after the mare, paying for his meal as he did so. He saw her just outside of the restaurant, she seemed to be waiting. He quickly came to the conclusion that she wasn't, in fact, leaving, but merely waiting for a table to open up.

"Um, excuse me?" He tried to say. "A table just opened up, you know, if that's what you're waiting for, that is."

Archived