Lunar Snowflake laid in her soft bed in her palace on the moon. She had been waiting for her mother, Nightmare Moon, to return home. It had been nearly four years since she didn't return home. Her closest companion, Courageous Lion, trots up to her bed. "Lunar?," he spoke making her look at him, "Has she return yet?" "No...but I'm going to look for her," she gets up and goes to her window. "Where will you look first?," he said worried for her safety. She looks at him and smiles, "Equestria..."

:Luna:

It has been four years since the incident of Nightmare Moon. Most Equestrians had forgotten about the danger that she had brought; the eternal night. There were some that will never forget that fateful day-turned-night; a fear that overtook them and made them think that the sun would never come back. They never wanted that fear to come back, ever. There are some that remain in the village, keeping a vigilant watch to make sure that everypony would be safe, but then there were those that went beyond that; protecting all of Equestira. One such pony was known as Flare Catalyst. As the sun was seeing it's final hours of the day, Flare trotted out of the Everfree Forest and looked around, seeing everything seemed to be in order, which brought a smile to his face. He then looked up at the sky and saw the sun was nearly all the way lowered, which meant the moon was nearly on its own way to rise. Luna had done a great job ever since she returned to keep the moon in everlasting balance with the sun, but Flare still worried that one day, history would repeat itself in some way. He then looked forward and started walking away from the edge of the forest and towards the closest town to him; Lost Pegasus.

Flare stopped and looked to the side, his eyes landing on the alicorn, but his mind couldn't believe it. When she spoke, he was still stunned to see a being of high power. After a moment, he then finally spoke up. "Oh, why hello there." The light orange coated pegasus said to her.

Flare turned so that he was now facing Lunar fully. "I see. Perhaps I can help you find what you need." He said with a soft smile. "My name is Flare Catalyst... Strange name, I know." He said with a slight nervous laugh.

Flare's heart stopped for a second when she said what, or more of who she was looking for. It was the very mare he had sworn to protect Equestria from. "I-I didn't realize she had a daughter." He said cautiously.

Archived