Notions about Potions (Ended)

Lux

Frdnlm6.png

Now that's what he liked to hear. Cure all remedies and no charge? Zecora was really starting to turn into his type of pony.

Zebra. Whatever.

"Suits me just fine," Inkbrand stated grandly, still inspecting every inch of inked fur to make sure everything was back to normal. Yup, every streak of a paintbrush against his skin, all present and accounted for. Inkbrand couldn't contain his gleeful smile as he turned back towards the zebra, though it gave way to a bemused tilt of one eyebrow at her question.

"Well, I suppose, yeah," the tattoo-clad stallion hazarded after a moment, rubbing the back of his head with one hoof as he considered the inquiry. He hadn't really thought of anything in particular when he'd planted one on Zecora's cheek, really. He just, did it. Such gestures weren't really uncommon for the grey Earth Pony, even if they were usually more planned and sneakily executed. Like that one time, laying in wait for Aqua's surprise birthday party.

In hindsight, he probably should have removed all blunt objects from the room beforehoof.

"At least the ones that fix my tats for no fee whatsoever," Inkbrand amended after a moment, with a toothy grin aimed at the zebra in question. He still was finding it a bit hard to believe that the zebra honestly wasn't expecting any payment - didn't she want to be compensated for the time and effort it took to make that potion? - but he wasn't going to stick his hoof in his mouth. Before Zecora could change her mind, Inkbrand slipped up next to her and risked planting another kiss on the opposite side of her face, cheeky grin once again on his face. "Look me up next time you're in Ponyville, huh?" he demanded, brushing past the zebra with a last lingering look. "New restaurant just opened up - my treat."

That said, Inkbrand flounced out past the other ponies and out of the hut, a jolly hitch in his trot as he merrily whistled down the pathway. Buck, did it feel good to have his babies back. Now, all he needed was to find a Poison Joke patch and a train ticket to Manehatten, and his night would be complete…

kafyBGS.jpg

Zecora still reeled from the stallion's surprise display of gratitude. The Zebra did see many forms of expressing among ponies who she helped: a laugh, a hug, even a pony giving her something as a gift. But a kiss was reserved to the romantic couples, not between a zebra and an earth pony that just met! But maybe this was just his way of expressing his thanks. It wasn't that he really loved her... right?

"Well I'm happy that you are happy then," Zecora started to explain but was interrupted by another kiss, "Y...you kissed me again."

Her mind spun as she barely heard the stallion's offer of taking her to dinner. "Oh... ok. Hope you have a pleasant day."

She watched the pony leave her hut, making a note to give her a last glance before disappearing from view. Zecora just stood there, barely able to say anything let alone rhyme.

"So this is what a kiss feels like from another pony, one who is not family," she said chuckling, "I think I'll see him again in Ponyville, and take him up on that offer I will."

(Thanks for playing Zeig! Since no new ponies appeared here, I think it's safe to close this one down. Thanks all for playing!)

Archived