A Spiral Knight Drops into Equestria (Open)

SilverSwirl

Granseal was an ordinary Vanguard knight. He braved the Clockworks from top to the very Core of Cradle. He's seen the Firestorm Citadel and done battle with the corrupted Lord Vanaduke. That all changed when he himself entered the Core of Cradle in the footsteps of the Alpha Squad. The whole goal of the Spiral Knights on Cradle was to harness the energy in the Core to revive their crashed starship, The Skylark. However, the first squad of knights vanished into the Core with no way of opening it.

One day, the Core opened for Granseal. Cautiously, he had entered the brilliant light to escape the horrible creatures born of the Void. Knocked unconscious by the dimensional shift he had undergone, he awoke to a natural sky much different than the artificial skies of the Clockworks. Unsure of where he was, he slowly sat up and dusted himself off. "Where am I?", he asked aloud as he registered that everything was rather vibrantly colored. After verifying he was unhurt, he checked his systems. They all read as being in perfect order, even including his winged feline Seraphynx he called Mitula. He even had his Arsenal Crate! "Well I guess I can fight then, all my stuff is here!", he exclaimed as he donned his Polar Knight Wolf Coat and Heavenly Guardian Helm. The helmet had dusky colored glasses and a festively striped Hearth's Warming Eve scarf.

Without further ado, he readied his Grey Owlite Shield and Leviathan Blade, just in case. The peaceful tranquility of this forest could change at any moment. He began to walk along the forest road, towards what he hoped was civilization. He'd stick out like a sore thumb to the residents of this world as he walked on two legs and his star shaped crimson eyes curiously analyzed the world around him.

• 2 weeks later...

Rarity:

The day had been quiet in the carousel boutique. Only a few ponies had shown up for a few repairs to some simple clothing that Rarity was able to finish within minutes. Usually she would use down time to create new dresses or to look through the latest "inside canterlot" magazine to get new ideas for her newest collection. However, instead the pony snow white unicron simple looked out her window at the plain blue skies with a glazed look in her sapphire blue eyes.

"Oohhh, this is truly frustrating. I just have no energy to do anything today, and there isn't a cloud in the sky. More than likely thanks to Rainbow Dash and her top notch of keeping Ponyville free of them."

Rarity thought to herself giving out a sigh. The more she stared out the window , the more the unicorn felt tired and uncomfortable. As the clock in the boutique clicked away, Rarity looked over the place listening to the silence in a bit of annoyed manner.

"Maybe I should take the rest of the day off. It certainly wouldn't hurt."

She said to her self in a bit of a lost thought while waying the options in her mind.

After another moment of silence Rarity took in a deep breath to wake her self up before walking away from the window. Her mind made up.

"It couldn't possibly hurt to go out. The fresh air will do me some good and maybe even get me out of this terrible fashion block that I have had all day."

She continued to herself aloud as she walked over to her accessory rack and grabbed her lemon yellow sunhat. She carefully put the hat on so that it wouldn't ruin her mane but would accessorize her look to get the notice of anypony that would have an eye for fashion She took one final look in the mirror as she made her way towards the door to make sure it was one just right.

"Well I do believe I can make anything good."

She said with a smile has she turned off the lights to the store and hung up the closed sign on the door handle.

With the boutique closed up Rarity took a deep breath of the outside air, filling her lungs with freshness of spring and letting out the stale air that had filled her moments ago.

"Oh that is much better, I am feeling revived already."

Rarity thought to herself as she began to trot around town. She didn't exactly know where she was going only that the more she moved the better she felt. Truly going out for a bit was helping her mood.

However, though being outside was nice; Rarity quickly realized that most of her friends were probably busy with their own work making it so that she couldn't exactly go and ask if they wanted to walk with her. Still, she wasn't going to let that ruin her outing. Sure it would be better with friends to talk to and even have a bit of tea with, but she could also do that on her own. Maybe even find some inspiration for her clothing.

"But where exactly should I go for inspiration? I've already looked through ponyville many times."

She thought to herself for a moment as she looked around. When her eyes came upon the everfree forest the unicorn felt something inside her light up with excitement.

"Dare I? If course the everfree forest is dangerous for a mare like myself, but think of all that could be hidden inside."

She said aloud her head in a bit of daydream at potential designs that the nature could provide.

"For the name of Fashion!"

She then exclaimed as he hurried into the forest looking about at the wild grown trees and listening to the sounds of cicadas and birds fill up the air around her as she began to examine the woods for potential patterns and ideas.

The Everfree Forest, though Granseal knew it not, it still called forth recollections of The Gloaming Wildwoods. He was still rather confused on where he was, and so he was silently marching along in thought. His thoughts were soon broken by a pack of Timber Wolves. "Oh great... Looks like I was right to not put away my weaponry...", he muttered to himself as he twirled his blade.

They circled him, barking and growling loudly. He glanced beyond them and saw a creature whose coat was as white as snow approaching. More eyes peered from the shadows of bushes around the creature and his starry crimson eyes widened in horror. "If I don't hurry, that creature will die!", he thought to himself as he acted quickly. On instinct, he boosted through the perimeter and shield bashed any wolves that were in his way. The wolves were sent flying back, landing on their backs.

"That should buy me some time...", he muttered as he performed a dashing leap to the creature. He was none too soon as the other pack sprung forth from the greenery. He looked back and saw the other wolves were sluggishly getting back up from being given a nasty bashing. They were gonna have a nasty headache. "Run!", he said to the horned creature, calling upon his sprite's Angelic Aura ability. He and the horned being were covered in a green dome of protection.

Rarity:

It didn't take long for the darkness of the Everfree forest to engulf the warm light of Celestia's sun under its many thick trees and heavy underbrush. The further that Rarity walked the more she began to feel a bit of fear.

"Maybe I was a bit rash of me to come in here by myself."

The unicorn thought to her self as she looked about hopping that she wasn't going to be some creatures next meal. After all, she was to fashionable to be eaten by some random monster in the forest.

Before she could even think about turning back a loud clang rang out into the air snapping the mares attention straight ahead to see a creature that she had never seen before run towards her. It stood on its hind legs like a diamond dog or even a cinataur. However, it had strong armor like a canterlot guard and carried some kind of odd sticks with it More importantly though it could speak her language and told her to run before casting a spell much like Rarity's friend Twilight Sparkle could do to make a shield.

At first Rarity wasn't sure why the creature told her to run until she looked to see that the loud clang had been the creature hitting a pack of Timber wolves away.

"Oh Celesta!"

She said aloud before she turned on her hooves and started to run the other direction with the creature.

The unicorn wasn't sure how far she had run but as the two continued back the way they came Rarity could feel her self tiring out. Finally the unicorn, started to slow down as the tress started to thin. More then likely Rarity was close to Ponyville again and that in a few more yards she would be out of the Everfree forest where Timber wolves didn't hunt. Still, Rarity, felt herself give out a small puff of air from sprinting so quickly. However, the real tragedy wasn't until she looked down at her hooves.

"Gasp! OOOHHH NOOO! My hooveicure. They're ruin!"

She said in a bit of a dramatic tone as she held up one of her now chipped fore hooves and looking at them in disappointment.

However, Rarity didn't focus on them to long as she saw the creature from before was still with her. She wasn't exactly sure why it was still with her, but if it spoke her language it must some friendly. Still, the unicorn had no idea what it was or even if it was a stallion or a mare. Still, Rarity didn't want to be rude, it had just saved her from a pack of timber wolves.

"Er...ah...oh um thank you for that dear. That would of been quite the problem back there if you hadn't told me to run. Timber wolves are quite nasty don't you think? Though I must say the do know how to blend into nature well. Except for the breath."

She rambled to it get a little closer still not sure if she should trust the creature or if this had been a trap all along.

"So um do you happen to know more then just the word "run"?"

She asked still not sure what exactly she was doing, Her friend Fluttershy was much better with talking to creatures. Still if Fluttershy had taught her anything it was a bit of niceness went along way with animals.

He ran like a champion, only briefly turning about to fire a few dissuading shots with a bolt launching device. The bolts looked like amber needles that erupted from the hand held apparatus in a rapid fashion. A few wolves were left looking like they had gone a few rounds with a curled up hedgehog. He turned back around, the dome fading away as he reloaded the device. In any case, it was enough to halt the Timber Wolves' advance upon them as the trees thinned and opened to a cobblestone road towards a small bustling settlement. He now turned his attention to the being that was now talking to him and also complaining about a chipped hoof. "You're welcome. They certainly are persistent, I'll give them that much.", he replied with a soft smile.

He found it somewhat amusing that this creature would ask if it knew more than just how to tell someone to run. Giggling softly, he allowed himself to relax and put away his sword and shield. "Yes, I can tell you my name. Call me Granseal and this little winged kitty is named Mitula.", he added as he strode beside the horned being. Now that the trees had given way to grasslands and fields, he could really take in the sun and the energy this world had to offer. He buzzed and shook a little as he readjusted to the aetheric energy of this world before laughing. "So, do tell me, what is your name? And where I am?", he asked, his starry crimson eyes blinking at her.

Rarity:

While the two continued to walk along the path that would head back to ponyville, The creature responded to each of Rarity's question in a surprisingly good manner. Still when it mentioned that it could speak more then two words, the unicorn did blush a bit at being some what rude to it. Eventually it did give it's name as Granseal and that in fact it also had a pet named Mitual.

"Oh my, you also have a cat?"

She said in a rhetorical manner. Unlike her cat Opal though, this one had wings and was much smaller.

"Why she is ever so interesting perhaps my Opal will taking a liking to her. Though Opal can be somewhat high maintenance."

She continued until they had reached the grassy hills just outside ponyville. Still the Granseal next question did through off Rarity a bit when he asked where he was exactly.

"You don't know? I thought all the creatures around here knew about Equestria."

She said as she looked at him until she realized that might be a bit rude of a statement.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, I should of thought a bit more about how to phrase that. Let me start over."

Rarity quickly added on as she adjusted her hat so that she could feel some of the warm sun on her face.

"The town that is close by is my home called Ponyville. It's a little friendly town that is about a day away from the capital of the land we are in Equestria."

She continued as she pointed with her hoof down the grassy fields to where the town would be in a few minutes.

"I'm Rarity and I own a little boutique in Ponyville."

She finished a bit winded from giving so much information so quickly.

"I hope I didn't overwhelm it."

She thought to herself as the two continued to walk along the path.

Rarity's last thought did bring something back up in her mind. What was she walking with? Luckily it seemed friendly but not knowing what you were talking to might cause some problems. Still, asking out right might be some what rude and ruin there blossoming friendship. As the unicorn thought this over for a moment, a new question came up in her mind.

"So where are you from originally?"

Rarity asked knowing that a probing question like that might help with getting a feel for where this thing was from and even if it was a mare or a stallion.

He listened to her questions and her stumble a bit with her words. As they approached the grassy hills and valleys bordering the settlement, this creature identified itself to him as Rarity. He also learned much more about the geography of this area of the world, 2 dots appearing on his mental map of the world. Well at least the map of Equestria as it were.

He smiled as she asked him her questions and at how she had fawned over his Seraphynx before he began to speak once again. His voice took on a soft, almost melodic quality as he began to speak. "First, let me thank you, Rarity, for telling me a little bit about this place. To answer your question, I'm from another world. Far away in the stars is a decimated planet torn apart by civil war. I was a lowly recruit in The Spiral Order, one of the two major factions fighting for control of my home planet of Isoran. We took to the skies in the Skylark, searching for an energy source to save the broken planet when we crashed on a planet comprised of gears, clockwork mechanisms and artificial environments known as Cradle. I entered the Core of the planet in search of the Alpha Squad when I became a Vanguard, the highest position in the Order. And now I'm here...", he explained, blinking back a few tears. His lengthy explanation had certainly taken a long time as the first lights of Ponyville appeared over the crest of a hill which showcased an iconic red barn and farm. His companion probably knew the occupants of the farm, her being a shop owner and all that.

Rarity:

The creature explained that it was something called a spiral order troop or something along the lines. However, what was more important was that Granseal had mentioned that he was some other planet far away. To Rarity though, she was completely lost on the subject. She really could only stare dumbfounded at the troop unsure what to do as she listened. Still it seemed some what hurt remembering where it was from. Something that plucked a bit a Rarity's heart strings.

"I'm so sorry to hear that you are lost darling."

She replied in an equally soft tone.

"I'm not much of an expert on stars and dimensions, but I do have a friend who might be willing to help."

She continued as she looked past Apple Jacks farm into town.

"What am I saying "will"? Of course she would help. In fact she would probably love to meet you. Twilight love's seeing the unknown."

She said as whipped her mane out of her eyes while being careful not to damage her lovely sun hat.

However, Rarity did remember the main reason she had gone to the forest to start was to get some inspiration and not to bother her friends from there own work.

"However, Twilight might still be busy. After all she is a princess now and has all sorts of royal duties to do. Maybe in the evening she will be back at her home."

Rarity said lost in a bit of thought as she put her chipped hoof up to her chin to think.

"I know! For now why don't we head back to my boutique? I'm sure no pony will mind if you are in my shop and this whole talk of stars and planets has got just the right idea for me to think up a new dress."

Rarity continued as she looked over at Granseal with a smile hoping that he might come along.

He was quite interested in the offer to stay at her boutique. She seemed nice enough, and a little more refined than he had initially thought. The way she moved her hair out of her eyes without disturbing her hat reminded him of the fashionable knight called Bechamel. He had the nice and cushy job of applying various accessories to the armor of other knights. The only thing Granseal envied about him was the fact that he got to have a custom order Leviathan Blade made to look like a scissor blade.

His reverie was broken by Rarity explaining that her friend, Twilight, would be greatly interested in meeting him as well as aiding him in his returning to where he belonged. That was most reassuring to hear as she smiled at him and he quickly followed her. "That would be delightful, Rarity. I could use a place to rest. Also, it may give me a chance to create a few things for you in return. I am an artisan of a different sort. Smithing and alchemy are my trade. Everything I have was hand made by myself while I was there. Except a few costume items which were given out by the Strangers during holidays.", he replied warmly, a smile returning to his face.

Archived