Sword Art Online: Equestria Update (Closed)

" you would, let me join your party? A weakling like me? " tears fell down his face as his eyes filled with hope.maybe he wouldn't die! These people where strong, maybe if he just stayed behind them and used magic or archery he could survive this ordeal! The previous thoughts of despair quickly as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

" yes, yes I would very much like to join you. " he stood back up and smiled with newfound perpous. He would survive, no matter what! But there was another problem.

" I do have one question. " he shifted from hoof too hoof nervously

" Ives never actually fought before. Ever, in real life or the virtual world. If I am to be part of the team than I'm guessing I have to contribute. Are there any skills or jobs or whatever you want to call them that I would be useful as? " he scratched his head with his hoof " the only real noticeable skills are playing instruments and getting beat up... "

(Guys Not sure if you're waiting on me, but I can't type anything because there's not much for me to go on. I just realised I posted twice before going through everyone last cycle).

(Oh. I guess I should probably post, but I was gonna let their conversation go through.)

Fire returned to their appointed meeting spot. The plaza was mostly empty now, as many players had probably already begun their journey. A message appeared in his inbox from Warp Sign, giving the location of the General Store. He dismissed it and decided to see what kinds of players were still here. A quick scan gave him the answer he was looking for, cowards. People who could not cope with this reality, who couldn't even be strong enough to do their best. However, he had noticed something else when he scanned the crowd. Two of his party members, Midnight and Sky, were talking with one of the depressed souls, probably attempting to cheer him up. Fire Dancer debated whether it would be worth it to go over and join the conversation, or if he should just stay here and wait for them to finish on their own. Finally deciding it would be better than standing there bored, he walked up to the three.

"Hey guys, how's everything going?" Fire asked with a smile on his face. "You guys hungry?" He asked, pulling out a couple slices of toast. He had planned on waiting and all of them eating together, but these two hadn't even begun their quests, so it'd be a long wait. "Made it myself." Fire added enticingly.

(You guys can post whenever you feel like it. The reason I don't post as much as I'd like to is because I've been busy lately.)

Sky smiled and nodded, "Of course! You're not the only new one at these games, after all!" Sky didn't like to admit it, but he had never played a VRMMO either. It seemed simple enough, though. Swing a sword and don't miss or in Sky's case, swing a chain and don't miss. But, of course, it couldn't really be that simple.

"Well... playing instruments could be of some help. After all, music gives inspiration and Celestia knows the players could use more of that. Other than that, I can't think of anything specific," Sky opened his party menu and sent a request to Golem. He then noticed Fire approach the three of them.

"Hey, things are going pretty good. We got another party member, so that's five now right?" Sky then watched as Fire took out a couple of pieces of toast. Sky hadn't realized how hungry he actually was.

"Yeah, thanks." Sky took the toast in his hoof and took a bite out of it. It was good. It was hard to believe that this was a virtual world.

Golem opened his menu and accepted the party request. " Five? wow that's a lot of people... " he stopped when fire offered some food too them. he hadn't really thought about how hungry he was until he was reminded of it.

" yeah I would love some, i'm starving! " he cautiously took a a piece and took a bite. For a virtual world, this was better than regular toast. He ravenously ate his toast and looked up with crumbs on his face " thank you " he smiled

Having finished his shopping, Warp Sign walked back to the agreed meeting place. To no surprise, nothing hand change in the span of the last 15 minutes he had been out hunting, questing, and shopping. The town was still is disarray, and the players who remained were still either leaving or staying, praying that someone reached the 100th floor soon, or just simply giving up. However, he did notice that three were already back, but that Sky and Midnight were still talking to the pony who he had spotted in the first place. The expression of the sad one seemed less of despair, and filled with hope, or at least some resemblance to it as far as Warp could see. Might as well go meet the new one then, huh... what's his name.. he checked the party member screen. Golem huh? Could've fooled me. He taught as he walked towards the group.

"Hey guys, I noticed we have another one in the party" He said, not even bothering to look over their heads for data. At this point, it was better to just memorise their appearances, as he could tell the odd one out, and who everyone was in the party. "Anyway. I managed to make some health potions for all of us. more than enough for now if we don't get hit much" he continued as he opened up his menu in preparation for trading with the others. Everyone would get two, until they could find more resources. There were two spare, just in case, but those were now the new pony's. Might as well introduce myself to the new guy too. Turning towards Golem, he extended a hoof as a gesture of friendship. "The name's Warp Sign, It's good to meet ya." he said in a friendly tone.

Golem looked up to the new male Pony who had come over to him. his mouth was still filled with toast when he returned the greeting with a crumbly quiet " Herro... " He swallowed the rest and took a breath " My names Golem, you must be another party member right? He smiled, the party seemed nice so far

" i'm sorry for causing your friends here so much trouble " He sighed " T'was a moment of weakness. " Golem smiled at the word T'was. It was a goofy thing to say despite the circumstances they had all been thrust into.

He hadn't known many people who actually played MMO's. He had always though most of them where stereotypical nerds and shut ins who where reclusive towards others. but being around some played he realized they where just like him. Some of them hadn't played either and where just as scared ( even if they handled it better than he. )

Fire Dancer hadn't expected the pony to take some toast too, nor was he expecting the pony to be joining them. Of course, this meant that Fire was a little short on toast, as he had only made enough for the current party members. Then again, he did still have his beginner's apple in his inventory, but he had been planning on saving that for later. Oh well. "Don't mention it," Fire said when Golem thanked him. That's when Warp Sign walked up behind him and said hello, also announcing that he had made health potions. He had his menu open to trade, so Fire followed suit. "Awesome! These'll come in handy for sure! Want some toast?" Fire extended his hoof full of toast to Warp Sign.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived