Stranded by the Storm (Closed; DerpRavener)

Blueblood

"I've never had cause to doubt him before, though I can't say. Dunno why exactly they picked here, either. Apparently one of the Princesses has her second home here, or something."

“A princess?! When did-...” Wait, no. Even Naj had heard about this, disconnected as she was, though she was missing a lot of the details. Twilight Sparkle, bearer of the element of magic, had recently...ascended? Was that the term?...to being an alicorn and had been awarded the title as a result. It wasn't entirely surprising for her to want to keep her home in Ponyville. “...Right. That...should make Ponyville a less appealing target though...shouldn't it?” She asked the question more to herself than anything. She was essentially thinking aloud, though at this point she wouldn't mind Might getting involved in the process. “...The only two things I can come up with are either revenge, or the first step of something bigger.” Her ears drooped, and she slumped to the ground a little more. She didn't like the idea of either, the former as it had troubling implications about the hive's priorities, and the latter because of what it would mean for her in the long run.

"Hum, I think we'll be able to head back in a few minutes. You'd better come back in disguise until we can collar Psmith into a private conversation somewhere."

Naj nodded in agreement. It'd been nice to be out of disguise for a bit, but she knew what return to civilization would entail. After a moment's concentration, there was a flash of green and sitting in her place was a maroon pegasus.

Might wasn't one to express more emotion than he could help; truth be told, the implications of their speculations worried him as much as it did Naj. He'd grown up in an Equestria that was, for the most part, peaceful. These past few years, however, had seemed to be a return of the days of legend, when monsters stalked the land. Several he'd known by name from bedtime tales told to him and his sisters had come true, Nightmare Moon, Discord, and now the Changelings. The storm that interrupted the traditional moving of the seasons took on the aspect of an omen bearing ill news...

With a violent heave, Might burst through the accumulated snow in front of the entrance, shaking it off him, as if he could as easily cast these thoughts from his head. He looked over to see the now-disguised Naj. "Well, Na- Spring Breeze, let's be getting back. I can see the edge of the woods, here; we didn't come so far. Once we get out, we should be able to see the orchards, and find our way back from there."

He set out, making tracks through the white sheets laid upon the earth. He had a sense of coming back from some kind of fairyland, of returning to an ordered world from a more fantastic one. In half an hour, perhaps, the openness that had existed between him and Naj would have to be suspended. Sensing this, he tried to articulate what he felt, "Um, I don't know what's going to happen when we get back, so... Just wanted to say, it was good to meet you, Naj."

'Spring Breeze' followed Might out of the alcove, through the gap in the snow made by his grand exit. Much as she had enjoyed the moment of peace, she'd begun to get antsy. What happened over the next hour or two would likely determine her future for the next few months at least, and if she wasn't entirely eager to face it she liked the idea of sitting idly even less. The sooner it was done, the sooner she could figure out what to do next.

Might explained that he could see the edge of the woods, and from there it would be easy to find there way back to the farm easily enough. 'Spring Breeze' twitched slightly at him almost using the wrong name, it made her a little nervous, but otherwise the plan seemed sound to her. She nodded, and began following beside him as he moved on.

"Um, I don't know what's going to happen when we get back, so... Just wanted to say, it was good to meet you, Naj."

'Spring Breeze' almost called might out on using the wrong name again, but stopped. Might's statement sounded odd...almost like a farewell. Which it might be, she had to suppose. Neither had any idea what would happen when they got back, and it might be the last time they could have a candid conversation like this. “Right. Yeah. It was nice meeting you too...the conversation was pleasant,” she replied hesitantly, unsure what to say in such a situation. She fell silent then, lost in thought as the pair began to make their way back to the farm.

[unless you've got something else you wanted to do/address here, I think it's time to move it back to the main thread.]

Archived