Ponies On Lyr: Letters From An Observer

Isoraqathedh

Oh wow this place has changed a lot while I was away (away meaning posting anything.)

Anyway, with the spec for MLP Chess not going anywhere, and me going in on strange places, I suddenly had a brainwave. I have a conworld; Chris Wayan has a conworld; MLP has a world that is half-done. So what did I do?

I placed ponies on Lyr. (Lyr is Wayan's conworld by the way).

This fic can be in one sentence described as "the author's conworld puts ponies on anther guy's conworld", and in the end it's exactly what it sounds like. It's a lot of letters that are written to describe the Six's journey on Lyr, what difficulties they face and what new things they see. How's that for strangeness?

It also has a couple other oddities, other than the premise:

• This is also one of the first fanfics to use HTML5 as a medium! I upgraded from 4.01 to 5 a while ago, and wondered, "well, if you like it so much why not write something in it?" And so I did. Most importantly, a couple of graphics are drawn using . All hand-coded!
  • A consequence of the above is that it's going to have four or five types of footnote.
  • Everything's already planned out; all I have to do is to write it.
  • It's going to have about 160 letters, estimated to be around seventy thousand words!
  • It uses no pony names. You read that right. A pony fic with no pony names. Of course, I cheated a little; every time a name shows up I replaced it with a â€â€Â, so it looks like a letter from the nineteenth century. (It's to go around a strange fit I get when I type a pony name. It may creep up verbally too.)

Anyway, enough blather. I started writing last night, and now seven letters are written across six chapters.

The entire shebang can be read here, but of course a lot of the links are borked because I haven't written content into it yet. As a teaser, I end this post with a graphic:

canvasgraph-01-04.png

Edited by brianblackberry
testing if lists work if edited to be fixed manually

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoomph, Section 29 finished:

And now a master link document of the first two sections (19 in all!)

[tabs]

[tabs]

1. [*:iiwnd7bl]
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.02
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.03
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.04
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.05
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.06
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.07
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.08
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.09
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.10
[*:iiwnd7bl]01.11

[tabs]

[*:iiwnd7bl]02.02
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.03
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.04
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.05
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.06
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.07
[*:iiwnd7bl]02.08

[tabs]

[*:iiwnd7bl]03.02
[*:iiwnd7bl]03.03
[*:iiwnd7bl]03.04
[*:iiwnd7bl]03.05
[*:iiwnd7bl]03.06
[*:iiwnd7bl]03.07

To be honest, not to impressed with 03.07...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...