A meeting of magnitude (Closed; DerpRavener)

Blueblood

Naj was relieved to hear that Psmith would likely be handling most of the conversation. After having met the pony she was unsurprised, but it was a relief to hear it confirmed all the same. She had so far muddled her way through conversations most of the time by combining her limited training with some inventive thinking, and she doubted it would serve her well here. Besides, it would take all her concentration not to collapse or flee when face to face with the Alicorn of the Sun. It was something she wanted to do, but that didn't mean it would be easy.

"I'm glad you're willing to go through with this. I can speak for myself when I say I'd never abandon a pal, and Psmith won't, either. I don't know when he'll get everything together, though."

Naj settled herself in a particularly comfortable spot on the floor. “He can take as much time as he needs, I don't have any pressing engagements and this is the sort of thing that should be done right. Well...tell Psmith to let me know whenever he's ready. You know where to find me.”

That did bring something to might however. Up until now, she'd avoided telling Might about her 'backup plan' such as it was, as she suspected they'd both be happier that way. Now however they had a common purpose. “Oh that reminds me, I had a plan for if things didn't work out in Ponyville...the other place I'd expect changelings to avoid, at least for the time being, is Canterlot. I figured if I stay away from the important parts of the city I could go unnoticed for a while. So, if for some reason we can't meet here, try to find me there.” She waved a hoof, dismissing the notion of immediate danger. “Not that we'll need that, mind. I'm not expecting to get jumped the moment you leave or anything, it's just that if something DOES go wrong, it would kinda be too late to say anything.”

[seems to me like we're approaching a good end point for this thread.]

(Seems so. I'll let you know when the next thread's ready to go. Not sure when it'll happen.)

Might nodded, gratified that the plan had come together. It was the unknown and unfamiliar that unsettled him the most; as long as there was some sort of plan or prediction, no matter how crazy, he could keep it together just that much better. "Right-o, I'll be sure to let him know."

Plan B having been settled as well, the older colt felt it was near time to make his leave. He rose to his hooves, smiling as best he could. "Well, however it works out, it was jolly good to get to know you. I'll... see you later then, I suppose." And he bowed out of the doorway, having to bend slightly to keep his head from knocking the doorpost.

[i can wait, and sounds good.]

There was little else to say, so it was unsurprising when Might said his farewells and left for town once more. “It'll work out, I think we've got something here.” The earth pony didn't seem entirely confident as he was leaving, so Naj tried to say something more positive. “And yeah, I'll see you around.”

And with that Might was gone, and Naj was left to her own thoughts. She found it just as well really, she had a lot to think about and a lot to mentally prepare for. The changeling decided that a nap was in order, and lay her head on the floor. She wasn't normally asleep at this hour, but she felt like she needed the rest, and for now the world could wait.

END

Archived