[Canterlot]Tuba on Street[OPEN]

AppleNitrox

Beauty Brass

Day was clear, there wasnt any clouds and it was quite early. Many ponies was on their way to a job, but not all. Beauty as always wake up on the morning to see the sunrise and when it was about the time, she ate the dinner and went outside with her Tuba.

This morning looks very quiet, maybe it is time for ponies to enjoy they way to a jobs. She said to yourself, it was one of her free days when she dont needed to go to a job. She started to move slowly and watch for everypony, finally he found great idea for her. She went to her favorite park.

Beauty looked exactly if anypony is moving this way, she was happy when she saw someponies going through the park, it was the place where she can do it.

Just don't be afraid, You done this many times and this is no special one. She said again to Yourself and took a little breath, then put her lips on Tuba. She started with slowly blowing to play slow music, at all she was disappointed when people just go toward and without interest listened to her music, but she don't gave up, she still was playing the Tuba to see somepony who will enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...

((First RP post on the board. I hope I am doing this right))

Rain Leaf walked down the cobblestone street with his red pack strapped tightly to his side. Shop doors were opening up and store owners were moving some products outside hoping to draw in a potential customer. Celestia's sun was rising into the sky and the birds were already quite active. Rain Leaf started to feel a gnawing feeling in his stomach. Rain Leaf smiled. 'I should probably eat some breakfast before I start flying back towards Ponyville' he thought to himself. He remembered the sandwich his uncle gave him as he was leaving his bookstore. He shifted his pack carefully so that his wings wouldn't be hindered and decided to eat at the nearby park. He had a specific spot in mind. It was under a strong tree that offered a good amount of shade. The birds would often sit at the top and sing their songs. It was his favorite place in the park. Rain Leaf spread his wings and with one powerful motion he propelled himself into the air.

The park was pretty quiet aside from the constant chirping of the birds. He saw his spot and started his quick decent. He noticed that there was some dew on the grass but he didn't mind it at all. He brought his pack towards the front of his neck and tossed the flap open with his mouth. He found was he was looking for between the two books that he had borrowed from his uncle. A small purple cloth with a star in the middle was wrapped around a rectangular object. Rain Leaf pulled it out with his mouth and balanced it on his right front hoof as he closed his pack and readjusted it towards his side. He carefully pulled the cloth away to reveal a well crafted sandwich. It had a couple apple slices with some daisies and caramel between them. It was his favorite. He was about to take a bite when he heard something in the distance. It was music. As much as he enjoyed his spot the idea of having some music while he ate became more and more appealing to him. He carefully gripped his meal between his front hooves and flew off in the direction of the tune.

He quickly found the source of the music. It was coming from an earth pony with a light cyan coat. She was playing the tuba. Rain Leaf slowly lowered himself to the ground near the performer. He wasn't quite sure if she noticed him but he did not care. He wanted to give a complement but decided to politely wait until she finished her song. He smiled and brought his sandwich up to his mouth. Without any hesitation he took a nice big bite.

Beauty Brass

She still played on her tuba but slowly began to lose her faith that someone will stop and listen, and she started to play a sad tune and then there came him. She looked at a pony with a light gray pelt and started to play happy music again. She was doing this fora couple of minutes as she saw that the pony was eating. Beauty Brass waited and played until He finished and when he was finally done, she slowly ended her song and gave a little bow. Then she started to move towards the pony who was sitting and ended eating of his food, and she gave him a little smile.

I see You stopped for a while to enjoy my music! How wonderful, can I ask if You enjoyed it? My name is Beauty Brass and as You can see I'm a Sousaphone musician pony, what is Your name? She was kinda excited cause somepony finally stopped to listen to her music.

"It was beautiful!" Rain Leaf said as he folded the purple cloth into a neat triangle and gently placed it back into his red pack. He threw the flap back over the top and shifted his attention back towards the performer. "It has been a while since I have heard some good music. The closest thing I..." he paused. He brought his hoof up to his mouth and wiped away any caramel that was stuck to his pelt. Rain Leaf looked down at his hoof and frowned in annoyance. Caramel was now stuck on his hoof as well. He gave it a futile shake. "Sloppy like a diamond dog" he whispered to himself. He then looked back up at the earth pony. "Sorry about that. It is nice to meet you Beauty Brass. You are very talented." he said with a smile. He then extended his clean hoof. "My name is Rain Leaf."

Beauty Brass

Decided to sit near Rain and take the Tuba off to have a break before the next music show. Beauty Brass smiled to him and took her breakfast from the bag from which she pulled out her Tuba earlier.

Thank You very much! It is hard to find somepony who will listen to Your music in the morning, so I'm very glad that You liked it. Nodded slightly and started to eat her food. She was very excited to meet another pony in the morning and that Rain enjoyed her music, but Beauty Brass was a little surprised that Rain is here instead of being at work.

Beauty Brass took another bite of her breakfast as she looked at Rain.

You know... I don't think this is only talent, I needed to practice to get to where I am now. She looked around for other ponies, but was a little disappointed that there were only her and Rain Leaf. But at least there was one pony that will listen to her music, or finally some other pony in the morning that she could talk with.

And if I can ask, what is Your job? Shouldn't you be at work right now instead of listening to a musician pony? Smiled again to him as she was about to finish eating her breakfast.

• 2 months later...

Rain Leaf sat there watching the busy citizens of Canterlot while Beauty Brass ate her breakfast. 'Life here in Canterlot sure hasn't changed much since I left.' Rain Leaf thought as a Unicorn with a cream colored pelt impatiently trotted by. 'Everypony is still in a hurry to go somewhere.'

"You know... I don't think this is only talent, I needed to practice to get to where I am now."

A smile crossed Rain Leaf’s face as he turned his attention back to the cyan mare. Her attention was now focused on all of the ponies that were moving about. He was impressed that she was able to perform so well with all the noise in the background. A hippogriff caught his eye as she flew overhead. It had been a while since he had seen one in Canterlot.

"And if I can ask, what is Your job? Shouldn't you be at work right now instead of listening to a musician pony?"

He thought about the question briefly be giving an answer. "I am working. Well sort of. I had to visit my uncle's book shop so that I could borrow a few books. You see I work as both a botanist and a herb gatherer. If a nursery or some other site needs something, they hire me to go and fetch it. I recently got an assignment to go an find some Azure Dragon's Tongue flowers. I really didn't have a clue where to look so I am hoping that these books will point me in the right direction." He said as he patted his pack gently with his hoof. "I sat down to eat some lunch before I headed on back to Ponyville when I heard your music." He let out a small chuckle. "I guess you could say that I am on a break" he said with a smile. "What about you? What is a talented performer doing out here so early?"

Beauty Brass

Beauty looked at Rain Leaf and smiled to him while she still was eating her breakfast, she was in middle of it so some more mins and she could play more on her tuba. Brass took her water and started to drink from it as she needed to drink. Beauty nodded quite and looked around when Rain mentioned about a bit noise and playing while hearing it.

”You see Rain, I’m coming at every morning to play my sousaphone in park and I like to see sunrise. I like very much to play for ponies here, this noise isn’t a big problem as I got used to a big noise. You know, I always have a hope that somepony will stand for a while and will listen or talk with me like You now. I’m happy that someone stopped to talk and listen to musican pony!"

Beauty Brass started to think about Rain job, he was quite traveler as she was moving around with these books from Ponyville to Canterlot and get back to it. Beauty again nodded to Rain as she was finishing already her breakfast but still she got quite of it to eat. Brass looked at the sky a little worried why she don’t come with other band members to play here, but they was probably busy. Atleast she was playing with Octavia often.

”You are traveler right? You move from Ponyville to Canterlot and back so You probably saw many places, right? And.. Even if You do this, why You are here at quite morning? And You found a time to take a break from job, this is great!"

((My first RP here so if i'm doing anything wrong let me know))

For as long as he could remember, Frederic wasn't a morning pony. Music classes always started at 7:30 sharp and his performances were always booked early in the day too. But since the gala, Frederic's career has started to slump while Octavia's just continues to grow and grow. Frederic would be lying if he said he wasn't a little jealous and recently their differences in engagements have drawn them a little apart. Frederic opened his eyes as he laid in bed. His morning alarm clock used to be such an annoyance but now that it's stopped ringing Frederic missed it.

But no more moping. Engagement or not Frederic was going to get up early this morning. He quickly showered, dressed ((just a bowtie lol)) and galloped out the door. Frederic wandered around downtown Canterlot humming to himself. Something caught his eye as he wandered by a park. Beauty Brass playing her sousaphone to a stallion.

"Nice to see that Beauty Brass has an audience." Frederic said to himself.

He considered joining her as the park is where he met his bandmates. Frederic looks around and remembered that he didn't bring his portable keyboard. Disappointed, Frederic decided to rest as he quietly folded himself on a bench and relaxed. Atleast the weather was nice today.

(This is also my first post, but since i'm a music pony, i thought i'd post here.)

Country Smash was glad so many ponies went to the Park to play music. Country was a big fan of music, especially country music. There were Pianos, Tubas, such different instruments from his. Country Brought a Guitar. Country had somewhat of a fan-base, but not enough to say he was famous. But until that day, Country was still gonna play in the park, just like he always before.

Country always brought some different kind of stringed Instrument, Banjos, Guitars, Fiddles, Ukuleles, Etc. But today, he left out with his Usual, his good ol' guitar. He never talked to the other ponies, because they always played such different music from him, but he did listen from a distance. he could see that the ponies already talking, but he saw a pony, sprawled out on a bench. Country trotted over to the pony.

"Sir, excuse me, but...why are you laying on a park bench?"

Country hadn't noticed, but he had his head cocked in an odd way, and was basically staring at the gentlemen. Country re-positioned himself, and sat in front of the bench, and waited for him.

Frederic heard hooves clopping close to him. He ignored it at first, thinking that it was just a random pony who might want to sit on the other side of the bench. Frederic couldn't help but feel a little gloomy. Being out in the open has reminded him more of how empty his schedule is since Octavia's newfound popularity. He hasn't even played with the band recently.

So much for cheering myself up eh Freddie? Frederic thought to himself. Frederic knows he should be grateful for even getting the chance to support himself in Canterlot but he's just having a hard time removing Octavia from his mind. Since his move from poor rural Rockwington, Frederic has never been more comfortable in Canterlot as he was able to find a patron to support his musical endeavors. But thoughts of Octavia keep coming back. He's happy for her, but jealous at the same time. It's an odd feeling and Frederic doesn't know what to make out of it. Suddenly, a stallion's voice broke Frederic's train of thought.

Frederic looked back to see a pony with a guitar and a cowboy hat sitting in front of him.

"Sir, excuse me, but...why are you laying on a park bench?"

Frederic was surprised by the pony at first. He looked back over at Beauty Brass... unsure if she's noticed him and turned his attention back to the blue stallion. Frederic shrugged but found the question a little odd.

"Just... enjoying the day."

Frederic didn't want to seem rude but he wasn't too sure how to make conversation with the newly arrived pony. After all, he came to the park to get Octavia out of his mind... not that it has been successful so far.

((Welcome! Sorry that took me a bit guys. Been dealing with a bug.))

”You are traveler right? You move from Ponyville to Canterlot and back so You probably saw many places, right? And.. Even if You do this, why You are here at quite morning? And You found a time to take a break from job, this is great!"

Rain Leaf thought about his many ventures. It had only been a few seasons, yet he has already seen so many new places and he has met many new faces. He realized that with the exception of Stalliongrad, he had already visited every major city in Pony territory. "I guess you could call me a traveler. Comes with the job. I have seen just about everything. I have been to the Great Painted Pinto, Manehattan, Mt. Thunderhooves, Roughrider Ridge; I have even been to parts of Aquellia." A small smile started to form on his face. He usually wasn't one to boast about his experiences but he was sure that it wasn't doing any harm. "I suppose the last place in store me now is Stalliongrad." He quickly opened his pack and pulled out one of the guides that he had borrowed from his uncle's shop. He flipped to a bookmarked page and brought his hoof down on a description of the flower. He then pulled out another guide and turn the pages to a page that had a small map of the Borderland region. "The flower I am looking for is supposed to grow around there. I just wish that it would be more specific."

An annoyed expression now covered his face as he realized that he had just unintentionally gotten dirt and a bit of caramel onto the glossy pages of his uncle's book. "Well that can't be good." A nervous chuckle escaped his mouth. A small commotion caught his eye as he was putting the books back into his pack. Two stallions were having an exchange over by one of the park benches. He quickly dismissed it and turned his attention back to his new acquaintance. "It is always good to take a break every now and then. I do have a lot of preparations to make once I get back to Ponyville, but it can wait a little bit. "

Beauty Brass

Beauty looked at her new friend that was chatting with Her, she was quite interested In meeting ponies who was travelers as she was quite often away from Canterlot too. Brass smiled to him and finally she ate her breakfast. Brass was very happy she had new friend that she can spend this morning, it isn’t anymore that boring like playing alone without anyone to listen to it.

”I travel quite often too as ponies like to get my music skills on their parties. And thank for talking with me at this morning! I don’t have chance to talk with a lot of ponies at the morning as You can see, many of them are in hurry..” She said to him laughing a bit as it was funny that ponies are in hurry, instead of go a little faster from their homes. It was quite silly from their side in her opinion, then she looked a bit up and saw two stallions from one of them she recognized her friend Frederic. Beauty take a look at Rain and smiled to him.

”Hey, can we go to them? One of them are my friend from band so we take a better conversation!” Without Rain answer, she took his hoof and started to go to her friend Frederic. She smiled to him and looked at his mate aswell.

”Hi Frederic! Why You didn’t came to us? I don’t remember when last time I saw You, how You’re doing?”

”Hi Frederic! Why You didn’t came to us? I don’t remember when last time I saw You, how You’re doing?”

Frederic brought his attention to Beauty Brass. Now Frederic's a little embarrassed, he didn't want to seem like he was ignoring Beauty. After all, if he could he would join her in a heart beat if he brought his portable keyboard. Frederic looked back at the stallion next to him. "Oh please excuse me, my colleague is calling me. Perhaps you'd like to meet her. She's quite delightful."

Frederic slowly got up and trotted towards Beauty Brass. As soon as he was in reasonable speaking range he said, "Greetings Brass, I'm sorry but I didn't bring my keyboard with me. So I didn't want to interrupt you while you were playing. I just came to the park to... clear my head." Frederic looked over. "Oooh. I see you have company? Pardon me sir, I don't mean to intrude." Frederic was indeed happy to see one of his band members again. It's been quite long since he's really interacted with Beauty Brass and Harpo. Frederic can't even remember the last time the four of them played together at this park where they all first met so long ago. But Frederic supposes that life must take a priority and their careers have started to break them apart a little. At least it certainly has with him and Octavia. Fred chuckled to himself softly. He really needed to stop being such a downer. After all, he's here with Beauty Brass on this wonderful day.

”Hey, can we go to them? One of them are my friend from band so we take a better conversation!” Without Rain answer, she took his hoof and started to go to her friend Frederic. She smiled to him and looked at his mate aswell.

Country Smash followed the Pony on the Bench over to the other two ponies. He noticed that two of the ponies seemed to be good friends, and that they both looked very familiar to him, now that he thought about it. But Country did also notice another pony, who he thought his name was Rain Leaf. Country did the first thing that he always tried to do when starting a conversation. Tip yer' hat, stick out a hoof and say, "Howdy!"

"Well, it's nice to meet ya, I'm Country Smash!"

Country always seemed to always like to met people. he always gave them the Benefit of the Doubt. he was quite glad to be in the park with these new ponies. the Rain Leaf character didn't seem to be much a musical pony, but that was good. Country had recently been recently been being shuffled around quite a bit, trying to sing, sign, and record music deals. He met some nice ponies, and definitely some not-so-nice ponies. But he was glad to be out in public with his guitar again.

Rain Leaf stumbled at bit as Beauty pulled him over to her friend. He barely managed to grab his pack in all of the excitement. Beauty stopped and greeted her friend. While the two we giving a brief exchange, Rain Leaf decided to take advantage of the opportunity and tossed his pack over his neck and gave the strap a small tug to tighten it. He looked up and smiled at the two new comers. He assumed that Fredric was the clean cut stallion that Beauty was now talking to. His attention shifted over to the other stallion standing near Fredric. The blue coated stallion seemed like such on odd sight in a city like Canterlot. 'Are the three of them bandmates?' he thought. Now he was starting to feel like the one that was out of place.

"Oooh. I see you have company? Pardon me sir, I don't mean to intrude."

Rain Leaf turned his attention back to Fredric. "Not at all!" he said with a smile. "I make stops in Canterlot quite often yet this is the first time that I have stopped and talked to some ponies in a long while."

The blue coated stallion stepped forward and extended his hoof. "Howdy!" Rain Leaf was a quite by the pony's greeting. It was very different from what he expected in Canterlot.

"Well, it's nice to meet ya, I'm Country Smash!"

"It is nice to meet you both as well!" Rain Leaf stuck out his hoof as well to greet the two. "My name is Rain Leaf."

• 3 weeks later...

(I'm sorry to make long wait for response but I had health problems)

Beauty Brass

Beauty has nod a bit and smiled to Frederic, she was very happy to met another band-member in this morning as she didn't saw her friends here often. She took a little drink from her water while they was talking and then she gave another smile.

"Frederic You are so silly sometimes, really! You don't need to bring Your keyboard to talk with me! I'm fine to talk with You even when You don't have Your keyboard. Chatting is funny, right? And no, You wouldn't interrupt me! This is really not a problem" Brass again gave a smile when she took a look at Country. She was happy to find another pony at the morning.

"Nice to met You aswell! My name is Beauty Brass and I'm tuba player, but my favorite instrument from this kind is Sousaphone." Beauty was very happy to find so many ponies at morning to talk with. Maybe even someone to play her sousaphone.

(I'm sorry to make long wait for response but I had health problems)

Beauty Brass

Beauty has nod a bit and smiled to Frederic, she was very happy to met another band-member in this morning as she didn't saw her friends here often. She took a little drink from her water while they was talking and then she gave another smile.

"Frederic You are so silly sometimes, really! You don't need to bring Your keyboard to talk with me! I'm fine to talk with You even when You don't have Your keyboard. Chatting is funny, right? And no, You wouldn't interrupt me! This is really not a problem" Brass again gave a smile when she took a look at Country. She was happy to find another pony at the morning.

"Nice to met You aswell! My name is Beauty Brass and I'm tuba player, but my favorite instrument from this kind is Sousaphone." Beauty was very happy to find so many ponies at morning to talk with. Maybe even someone to play her sousaphone.

Frederic was a little embarrassed. He was actually a little ashamed to be out of work and he didn't want to look poorly to his bandmates. After all the morning is when he usually have his concerts. Frederic just gave a nervous awkward smile to Beauty as a response and gingerly sat down on the ground. He turned his attention to the other ponies. "I see we have quite the ensemble here. I'm glad there are those in Canterlot who still stop to enjoy the nice weather we're having. I assume you stallions are free from business to relax on such a pleasant day?" Fred looked over to Beauty. "You haven't seen Octavia or Harpo today have you?... It's been a while since we've met."

"It is nice to meet you both as well!" Rain Leaf stuck out his hoof as well to greet the two. "My name is Rain Leaf."

Brass again gave a smile when she took a look at Country. She was happy to find another pony at the morning.

"Nice to met You aswell! My name is Beauty Brass and I'm tuba player, but my favorite instrument from this kind is Sousaphone."Beauty was very happy to find so many ponies at morning to talk with. Maybe even someone to play her sousaphone.

Country Smash shook Rain Leaf's hoof with joy, and greeted Beauty with a "Howdy!" and a tip of his clean white cowpony hat. Country thought for a moment, remembering how many instruments he played. mainly instruments that were often used in his favorite genre, Country. The Banjo, The Dobro, Steel Guitar, Mandolin, and sometimes, a Harmonica. But Country thought of the one he liked the most and played best. "Well, I'd have to say the guitar. I play a few other instruments, but there's just something to the guitar that I love so much more." Country Smash took in a deep breath, and looked in the sky, and was glad he was talking to these ponies. "I overheard you and Ferdric talking about the band y'all were in, how's that going? I've never really been in a band, always did the single thing." Country Smash glanced over to Rain Leaf. "Hey, excuse me if i'm wrong, but are you from around here?" He didn't have much with him, or an instrument, but that didn't mean anything to him.

((Welcome back Nitrox))

"I see we have quite the ensemble here. I'm glad there are those in Canterlot who still stop to enjoy the nice weather we're having. I assume you stallions are free from business to relax on such a pleasant day?"

It certainly was a nice day and the weather was something that he wanted to be sure to enjoy before he had to go to the cold north. "I am on a break of sorts. As I was telling Ms. Brass over here, I came to Canterlot to pick up a books from my uncles shop. I didn't see a reason why I had to leave just yet so I decided to stay here." said Rain Leaf with a smile. He now had an idea who Fredric was. Now all that was left was Country Smash.

"Hey, excuse me if i'm wrong, but are you from around here?"

"You could say that. I lived here for quite some time before I left." Rain Leaf thought back to his time in Canterlot. Life was always hectic. Nopony seemed to have anytime to spare for one another. That is what made this encounter a unique experience although he was sure that Country Smash wasn't from Canterlot either. "What about you Country Smash? Where do you hail from?"

• 3 weeks later...

(Yet again late response but this time it was last time, I will not stop You anymore guys.)

Beauty Brass

Nods a bit to Frederic and smiles to him, when she mentioned about Octavia and Harpo she looks at the sky. She started to think about it and then shakes her head a little confused.

"Yes I agree to You, I dont remember when last time I saw Octavia or Harpo, I think maybe one week ago... I'm not sure, we should make a meet up to see eachother." She gave a nod to Frederic with a smile then she took a look at the Country to listen to his words. He was talking about single singing and asked how it is going with her band, she nodded a bith while listening to him.

"Well, I play solo too sometimes because it is the way I get money. But I really like my band, when the sounds of different instruments are mixing and together they are making very nice music. It is really hard to describe, but it is kinda like we are connected to eachother while playing. Right Frederic?" She laughed a bit and took a look at Frederic.

(Yet again late response but this time it was last time, I will not stop You anymore guys.)

"Well, I play solo too sometimes because it is the way I get money. But I really like my band, when the sounds of different instruments are mixing and together they are making very nice music. It is really hard to describe, but it is kinda like we are connected to eachother while playing. Right Frederic?" She laughed a bit and took a look at Frederic.

This hurt Frederic a little. Like we are connected... Fred echoed in his thoughts. Is that why Octavia has been so distant with him and constantly hanging out with that pony DJ, whose name Frederic had forgotten. Fred wiped the grim look on his face. He didn't want to make his problems Beauty's, especially with other ponies around. "Yeah, I suppose..." Fred said to Beauty, giving a light smile. Being unemployed at the moment, Fred was in no hurry to go anywhere. He folded himself in front of Beauty and quietly and patiently listened to the other's conversations.

"What about you Country Smash? Where do you hail from?"

"I'm guessing you could tell i'm not from around here." Country didn't really look like one from Canterlot. He had a few cuts and scratches, some dirt on his body. "Yeah, I'm not from around here. I'm from a farm out in Saddleveil Plains. Where I learned to play guitar, and got my vast knowledge of farms and the things it has to do with 'em"

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry that took so long. Been a little busy lately. Also, I am sorry that it is short. I really couldn't think of anything else to add))

"Always nice to meet a pony from the plains. I myself have a home along the border. I have not been there long but I have been there long enough to appreciate the serenity of it all.” Rain Leaf didn’t know much about the farms on the plains. The only information he about them is when he gathered from flying over on his trips to Fillydelphia. He took a quick moment to look around. The activity around them was dying down a little bit. Most ponies were most likely at work now. Rain Leaf was pleased to acquaint himself with these Earth Ponies even if he had little in common with them.